The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-07, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
Please keep all sigpic free discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until the kid's parents on the West Coast figure out if they have a Gold Star winner, or a kid that needs to be grounded for life.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Snidget 11-07-07 1
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Sunny_Bunny 11-07-07 2
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... mattben 11-07-07 3
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Snidget 11-07-07 4
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Snidget 11-07-07 5
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Sahara 11-08-07 16
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Sunny_Bunny 11-08-07 17
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Snidget 11-07-07 6
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... jbug 11-08-07 13
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... PagongRatEater 11-10-07 21
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Snidget 11-07-07 7
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Snidget 11-07-07 8
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Tamena 11-07-07 9
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Sunny_Bunny 11-07-07 10
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... Molaholic 11-08-07 11
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... dabo 11-08-07 12
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... mattben 11-08-07 18
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... jbug 11-08-07 14
   My favorite KN kid rasslinmomma 11-08-07 20
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coas... michel 11-08-07 15
 Browsing through the kid's bios... rasslinmomma 11-08-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-07-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
Recap. Then Sophia lays unresponsive in the middle of town, then people joined her in the lie in.

How bored do you have to be to call a meeting. YIKES!

Then no one has any idea of what to do to not be bored other than the town council should do something.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
you have to give these kids credit, my students would have gone nuts with no video games, cell phones, or ipods after one afternoon. LOL

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-07-07, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
hehe, 'bun. I'm watching Back To You to preserve KN's "freshness."

11-07-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
After the book reading the council decides to have a talent show tomorrow afternoon. They have a sign up sheet, name and what you will do.

They discuss giving the gold star to who wins the talent show. Social strength rather than physical strength.

Planning and plotting about what they want to do.

"Kentucky dinner" cooked by a couple of the Kentucky kids.

Greg says upper class should help out, other upper class decide they are high maintenance and take full advantage of not having to do anything. The workers of the blue team talk about throwing the challenge. At least the tell the girls so they have a chance to do some work.

We've got some homesick kids and discussion of should I stay or should I go.

11-07-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
Green team the only one that hasn't gotten upper class.
Not sure if blue team is going to throw it or not.

And we are off to showdown.

One Big Art Project.

Paint by letters, but using bubble gum and not paint. Use a coin to get a gum ball then hand the chewed gum to the council leaders to put on the canvis.

Guylan is gagging.

All four districts finish in one hour for a reward.

Zach and Guylan both say it is disgusting. Host dude does not help by agreeing it is gross.

10 minutes or so in Green in the lead. Greg says he isn't planning on throwing the showdown, but will use it as a threat.

Blue close behind. Red and Yellow falling behind at the half way point.

People's jaws are getting really tired.

Host asks Guyland if there is anyway they can catch up and he's say, No, I think I'm going to throw up.

Green district is pulling ahead near the end. Laurel says her orthodontist is going to kill her. Campbel (little green kid) loved the challenge.

15 minutes left. Blue and Green down to the wire.

Green about to win the showdown but then two pieces fall off and they have to get them on before Blue finishes.

Green district wins the showdown!

Blue in second with merchant class.

5 minutes left.

Yellow having a lot of gum falling off.
Red has one more to go.

Red district are the cooks.

One minute left chew yellow chew.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and it is over and they don't get the reward and yellow is the laborers.

Now just to torture the kids we show them what they would have one. Paint to paint the town or an all-night block party with a disco ball.

So now they send them back to their bunks.

So off to the talent show preparations.
Green happy with their upper class status.

Savannah still wanting to go home. She feels the place takes over people and they try to have her see the good things but she says she will be miserable and miss her parents if she stays.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-08-07, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
I definitely could have done without that challenge. That was disgusting. I could not watch it without gagging. Not good tv to me!

11-08-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
I checked email when it was going on. Much like the disgusting food challenges in Survivor, I can't watch it. LOL

11-07-07, 08:59 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
A Taylor moment about her love of doing laundry.

Jared having a hard time getting his Shakespeare memorized.

Finally it is time for the talent show.

Kelsey up first, plays the piano.
Didn't catch the name but does a bird call kinda noise.
Next playing the piano and singing.
Jared up next with his Shakespeare.
Greg and Blain up next. Greg in a dress then just Blain in a dress and they do some Romeo and Juliet
We have a song then Olivia doing a comedy act, she did a good job.
Kennedy is next. Puts on a mask and will do some rap and dance moves.
Savannah has an announcement. She had so much fun and she feels better and she has decided to stay.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

At Savannah's announcement:
at this point we saw Taylor's 'almost but not quite' eye roll as if she was thinking 'who cares?'
Sad - if it's not about Taylor, it's not important and doesn't matter.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-07, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
IF Taylor did roll her eyes, its for the same reason that I did. Savannah has been whining about leaving since they killed the chickens. I'm tired of it. Either leave or quit whining.

I'm a man of my convictions
Call me wrong
Call me right
But I bring my better angels to every fight.
You may not like where I'm goin'
But you sure know where I stand
Hate me if you want to
Love me if you can

11-07-07, 09:01 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
Input about Gold Star.
Asking for people who make people feel good.
Olivia is getting some votes.
Kennedy is getting votes.

Olivia vs Kennedy are being debated.
Olivia did great at the talent show. Kennedy got Savannah to stay and is a friend to everyone.

11-07-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
Town Hall Meeting.

Lots of smiling faces. Host dude asks for other talents. They want Laurel to sing. She sings Amazing Grace, and is pretty good.

The does anyone want to go home question.

Time to give away the gold star.

Zach does the announcement. It has been a tough decision and it goes to Kennedy.

Upshot of her speech you can be different and still matter.

Calls home. Mom says she is the strongest person she knows when she tells Mom it is hard sometimes.

Girl who always nominates herself is not happy she hasn't gotten a gold star.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-07-07, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
Me thinks we have a new foil to replace Taylor...
Divad? Wonder how she's enjoying watching herself right now. My bet is she's still of the impression she DESERVES that star

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

11-07-07, 09:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
and some don't even need a shovel.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 00:31 AM (EST)

Next week:

DROP YOUR BUFFS!

oh, and who thinks the foreshadowing is telling us Divad is soon to be GOLD STAR winner?

a gift from agman 2007

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
I do hope she gets her goldstar actually. They've managed to make trying to get it into a bad thing somehow? And since the criteria for giving it away seems to be anything at all other than just work, well, potato chips are as good a reason as any.

Did anyone else see a pony? I would so be saving up to buy the pony.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-08-07, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
I saw the pony. I guess cow-tipping time has passed.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "

Alex is becoming my favorite.
Who's yours?

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "My favorite KN kid"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

No doubt about it, Laurel is my fave. She's the only council member I think is really trying to work for the whole community. She's seems to be such a nurturing person. Oh! And she sings, too.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #8 East Coast Update Thread "
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

I actually liked Greg for once. Calling out Natasha and Migle on their "Paris and Nicole" act, threatening to throw the challenge to force them to work but then, being smart enough (heard that Peih Gee and Jaime?) not to throw it since it would have penalized everyone was very good. His Romeo and Juliette act with Blaine was funny.

Jared still makes me laugh: "I've never done Shakespeare before", "One day isn't enough to learn a monologue" but he did it. I couldn't quite make out the words but it was nice to see his determination.

Olivia, the comedy act wasn't bad but she had to get another dig at Anjay. If it's racism, it's sad that kids that young are already polluted.

I don't know if there can be a season 2 but, with all the kids we haven't met yet, they could edit a whole new set of shows from this season. The girl playing Chopin was very talented.

Just don't show that challenge again. Snidget's little green kid comment made me laugh. I wanted to ask: Was the kid from green district or did his skin tone change from all the gum?

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Browsing through the kid's bios..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 06:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

I was browsing through the kid's bios and a couple of things jumped out at me.

1. Georgia is overly-represented in the cast. Georgia?? What happened here...I guess I'm too used to California getting the majority of reality-TV slots.

2. Beauty queens do get their hands dirty. And take pictures of it...

mattben? do you have kin in Georgia?

Tribe is so good to me!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •