The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-07, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Another show, another competition, another gold star, and more food that won't be cooked and dishes that won't be cleaned by the kitchen crew....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 1
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 2
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 3
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 4
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... MandyM 10-03-07 9
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 15
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... CTgirl 10-04-07 21
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 5
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Estee 10-03-07 7
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 10
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Estee 10-03-07 6
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 8
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 11
 Gold star debate. Estee 10-03-07 12
   RE: Gold star debate. MandyM 10-03-07 13
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 14
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... MandyM 10-03-07 18
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Snidget 10-03-07 16
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Puffy 10-03-07 17
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... michel 10-03-07 19
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... CTgirl 10-04-07 20
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... Memaw 10-04-07 22
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... banzai 10-05-07 23
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coas... mattben 10-05-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-03-07, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Recaps and then a big blow out root beer party at the saloon.

Some kids wanted to sleep so they'd be ready for the showdown the next day.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-03-07, 07:51 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
The night after the late party no one wants to be gotten up early and Greg was being really obnoxious.

Funny thing then the book says they need to set a curfew.

A lot of the town is now scared of Greg from antics trying to get everyone up.

Greg overhears that they are talking about him and wants them to call him names to his face.

People calling for law and order and people saying they are scared of Greg.

10-03-07, 07:56 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Town meeting about law and order.

The journal said to set a curfew. Be in the bunkhouse at 9:30 and aome people get all upset about it.

Three of the boys take a hike up the mountain, and they go off trying to scare some cows. Um they got some horns on them. Colton won't back down from the cow that won't run, finally he gets it to run off.

Green Group tired of being laborers. And they yellow crew are having a flour fight in the kitchen. One of the younger blue upper class kids helps to clean up the flour. Young blue girl is afraid if yellow gets the cook crew again they will starve.

10-03-07, 08:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Showdown.

Council are the sherrifs. Rest are the posse. They will round up outlaw sheep. They have names on them and cards around their necks. The council have a wanted poster with which sheep have the aces. Three aces needed to get their places.

5 minutes total to get the reward.

Blue and Yellow neck and neck with one ace each.
Blue gets a second ace.
Yellow has two aces. Colton, the cow chaser doing most of the work for the yellow.

Green has their first ace.
Red has their first ace.
Blue and Yellow have two each.

Yellow has three aces first and everyone is happy they are out of the kitchen and the upper class.
Blue has two
Green has one
Red has one.

Green has two
Blue has two
Red has one.

Blue has Three and is the Merchant class.
Green has two
Red has one

Starts to rain.

Red and green tied at two each.

Green out of the labor class, they are the cooks.

Red is the labor class, still time to get the reward.
15 seconds they get the card off the sheep and they are back in time and they win the reward.

Any other part of Bonanza that needs some order. All about order in the kitchen.

Option one, a microwave and a barrel of cocoa.
Option two. 40 hot pizzas with every topping you can imagine.

Council take a walk and figure it out.

They are not agreeing. It is not unanimous. They are getting the microwave with the barrel of cocoa. And the kids are not happy. Little beauty queen is not winning them over to her side very well. What do they have to cook that can go in the microwave? vs everyone gets to eat good for a day or so.

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-03-07, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Gotta say, I am kinda liking little beauty queen again...after I had written her off last episode. WOW, what a little spitfire, and I do agree with her....microwave is longterm, pizza so short-sighted. Impressive she's so vocal. Although I have a feeling it's gonna cost her.

10-03-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
She has to find the balance between doing what she knows is right, and trying to get her way by shouting everyone else down.

I know she is young and it is hard, but she'd do better if she'd be able to get across why she is making her decisions rather than just deal with it and I won't work if I don't want to.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
I think that decision could have gone either way. There were pros and cons to both. Is the reward decision going to get tougher each week?

The only thing I know is that they sure are drinking a lot of soda!!

10-03-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
It's like a ghost town in here.

*crickets*

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-07 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

I think Pushing Daisies is getting the majority of the attention tonight. I'm recording that and watching this: it's likely the other way around for a lot of the audience.

10-03-07, 08:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
I'm recording that as well, Kid Nation I don't care if I miss a moment or two so I'm watching it life and recording other things.

10-03-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Taylor's going to be a politician when she grows up, isn't she? First-rank graduate from the School Of Just Yell Louder Than Everyone Else.

10-03-07, 08:14 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
You will do what I say and you will deal with it.

10-03-07, 08:24 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
They are upset about Taylor's disrespect as well as the decision about the pizza.

First curfew time. Taylor says she has to bossy like Bush to get people's attention. Kids say they got more sleep because there was a curfew.

Green district is dealing with the mountain of dishes. Now they are having cocoa they like the microwave. Mallory doing well running the stores.

Taylor complaining that the red district not working hard enough because her butt isn't shiny.

Big wind storm blowing over the outhouse. People go look and then everyone running for cover to get back inside. Once the weather clears they get the older kids to set the outhouses back up.

Greg has attitude problems but does work when the town needs it (redemption edit already?)

One of the yellow team has dirt in his eye and thinks about going home, but thinks about the people in the town. Young blue kid missing her family on her birthday and the wind.

They decide they want everyone to feel heard so they ask people to come in and say who they think should get the gold star.

Morgan and Greg getting lots of votes. Greg thinks he gets it and Morgan says everyone deserves it. Then Mallory gets thought of because it is her birthday and she has been working hard and they are looking at some of the younger kids who are doing a lot as well.

They decide they need to sleep on it.

10-03-07, 08:26 PM (EST)
12. "Gold star debate."
Huh. Well, Mallory was also half of the team running the teddy bear day care center, wasn't she? That's good for a boost in the rankings right there. The Council does need to start considering the younger kids: there's ways to contribute other than outright calories burned -- and she does run a very strong store.

10-03-07, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gold star debate."
I hope it goes to Mallory.

10-03-07, 08:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Day 10

Gold star meeting.

Taylor even when you did have a job you didn't work. Doesn't make you queen, but upper class will do what they want. The town is getting into uprising mode. Taylor not happy and they are calling for a reelection and Taylor cries awhile and says she is sorry.

They ask what she will do to improve. She said tomarrow they will help clean up the town.

Does anyone want to leave? Is it too tough?
They are all staying.

Mallory decides to stay because she is there with her sister and they are in it together.

This person has worked really hard and the gold star winner is.. Mallory. Greg and Morgan don't look happy. Her sister is overwhelmed. They say she is small and they don't notice her, but they noticed and want to reward that. She gets to call home on her birthday.

Greg says she got it just because it was her birthday, but I say she has been working hard, she just can't do the same jobs as some of the bigger kids.

10-03-07, 08:39 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
I agree Snidge...Mallory did awesome. I like Morgan too, but I am impressed with the council for recognizing the contributions of the little ones. I do NOT want Greg to win anything unless he changes his attitude. He's a brat in my opinion.

10-03-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Next week, Kid Nation finds religion.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Just piping up to tell you that you're being read on the Left Coast. Thanks, guys!

©Surfkitten siggie shop, 2007

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
The lines of the evening all came from Taylor:

"President Bush needs to be bossy to run the country, we have to be bossy to run this town."

"Deal with it!" (That would make a great line for a Presidential speech!)

And during Town meeting: "The upper class are the kings and queens of the jobs." (Apparently she has higher goals than the presidency!!)

If you're not happy with my choices of lines of the evening, you'll have to:

DEAL WITH IT!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Don't forget her, ...Queen? "Well, I am a pageant queen!"

I loved Jared's, "It's a twister, it's a twister." (I expected him to say, Auntie Em, Auntie Em, where are you?!)

Memaw 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-07, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Memaw Click to send private message to Memaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
"Deal with it!" (That would make a great line for a Presidential speech!)

I've heard G.B say many a time that "congress will just have to "deal with it" ... while giving a public speech.

IMO...Kids usally learn from example and evidently, Taylor must be growing up in a household where politics is listened to and taken very seriously. After all, how else would she know that you have to be "pushy" to get what you want. (or, she's just a plain old typical spoiled little brat with a mouth that's bigger than the body it's in.

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-05-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
next episode:

Wednesday, October 10, 8pm et/pt
When the Town Council suggests one religious ceremony for the entire town, the Kids revolt. Meanwhile a little dictator emerges to unleash her power as 9-year old Cody, missing his girlfriend, drowns his sorrows in rootbeer and cows.

Here are their current jobs for episode 3

BONANZA jobs

YELLOW: upperclass $1.00
Council: Taylor,
Randi, Leila, Colton, Sophie, Kelsey, Zach, Pharaoh, Cody, Brett

BLUE: Merchants $0.50
Council: Anjay,
Goods: Mallory*, Olivia, Gianna,
Grocery: Migle, Natasha, Alex,
Saloon: Greg, Blaine, Nathan,

GREEN: Cooks $0.25
Council: Laurel,
Milk & Eggs: Hunter, Michael*, Campbell,
Kitchen: Sophia*, Morgan, Kennedy, Savannah, Eric

RED: Laborers $0.10
Council: Mike,
Water: D.K., Markelle, Guylan,
Laundry: Divad, Emilie, Jared,
Garbage & Latrines: Madison, Jasmine, Maggie

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-05-07, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #3 East Coast Update Thread. "
Now that I know a lot of their names, maybe I will write a summary.

Was waiting for a Dorothy moment when the "twister" came through.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •