The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-06-07, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
We have two teams, (dang, can't remember womans' name-starts with an N) for first leader, then Josh for leader #2).

Both leaders get the boot. Leader #1 for not finishing the kitchen tile, leader #1, for, well, lack of leadership.

IMHO, Leader #1 was just nuts not to count the cost and measure the dang back splash before buying the tile! AND waiting around all day before going out and actually getting it and starting it at the last minute, because 'she knew tons about putting up back splashes'. Whatever!

Leader #2 was NOT a leader, in any way! He was way over his head, and chose very stron-willed people on his team. They didn't have a clue, as neither would I, what 'Tuscany' meant. What DOES it mean, and can a person really pull that off in 2 days??

So, it came down to them, and off they went, with not so much as a whimper. Just one family that was amazed, but sadly not too happy about some missing tiles. So, HGTV had to call in their own contractors to finish the mess that they started. Wow, what did THAT cost them, I wonder??

Any other ideas/suggestions? How did you all like last night's show?

One of the judges stated that 5 people should have been able to pull off everything that they did in the 2 days that they had. Why is it that most people I know can't get a complete kitchen renovation done in a month by a licenced contractor???

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OK, so let's talk about what ha... jbug 08-06-07 1
 RE: OK, so let's talk about what ha... riverrocker 08-06-07 2
 I have a question. udg 08-07-07 3
   RE: I have a question. mistyrose52 08-07-07 5
       RE: I have a question. riverrocker 08-07-07 7
 RE: OK, so let's talk about what ha... Dragonfire 08-07-07 4
   RE: OK, so let's talk about what ha... mistyrose52 08-07-07 6
   RE: OK, so let's talk about what ha... riverrocker 08-07-07 8
   RE: OK, so let's talk about what ha... udg 08-07-07 9
 RE: OK, so let's talk about what ha... Bebo 08-12-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
Neeraja (what kinda name is this?) was terrible at planning, measuring - being a leader period! If she knew so kuch about tiling, she'd have known that when the first store didn't have tile? You don't wait till the next day to try another store! you make a change in plans right then and go with someting you can get. I was just glad at least part of the kitchen and dining area got finished. The others should not have to be punished and suffer because she couldn't put it together.

Green Josh? Did not want the responsibility of being the leader and thought he could weasle out of it by voting on everything!
I really thought they were going to get behind because 3 of them went shopping and left only 2 to do most of the initial work. That was poor leadership planning too.

At this point, I'm not sure who I like the most - or the least!

Butch got bobbled by Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-06-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
Well, IMHO, they kicked off two very poor performers! Ugh. However, DH & I were hoping that Robb would get the boot for being so totally obnoxious!!

I LOVE Sparkle Josh! That guy has good taste oozing out of every rhinestone! lol

But back to the issue: Neeraja blew it completely! I have NEVER done any tile work, but "I" would have known to MEASURE first, calculate, add for some breakage, and get the tile going! Egad. How 'dumb' was that? Thankfully, the judges did see that Kim wasn't the one making the decisions. She just got caught up in it.

As for Organic Josh.......good riddance! If you can't make decisions, if you can't give directions, if you can't work with others, if you can't do design, then "good-bye"!

It seems apparent that Todd is thinking he has it in the bag. Robb will probably get booted soon; I don't think Vern is impressed w/his bad a$$ attitude. Not an appropriate 'style' for a "Design Star"!

Our favs are Sparkle Josh, Will (who really got the shaft from his "team" ugh; they were nasty to him), Kim, Scott (although a bit flakey), and Adrianna. Don't care for Christina; wouldn't watch her shows if selected...unless she really turns things around. No way would we watch Robb or Todd....and we watch HG more than any other channel!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-07-07, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I have a question."
Adriana, the carpenter for Neeraja's team, said something in the green room about how "I" screwed things up. Anyone have a clue what she was talking about?

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

08-07-07, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I have a question."
I vaguely remember her saying that, but I think she just said it to try to cover over her teams' mostly bad decisions.

I'm not really sure, but IMHO, I think she was just trying to make Neeraja (still can't get that right, dang it!) feel a bit better! BUT, who knows? Maybe she did a big NO NO, and the judges didn't even notice! HA.

Wouldn't that be funny, if she built that island incorrectly, and the whole thing comes tumbling down in the middle of a dinner party? WOW! I honestly don't know...maybe someone else can answer this???

08-07-07, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I have a question."

>Wouldn't that be funny, if she
>built that island incorrectly, and
>the whole thing comes tumbling
>down in the middle of
>a dinner party? WOW!
> I honestly don't know...maybe
>someone else can answer this???
>

DH said it looked like she only used some L-brackets as the "braces" under the extension on the center island, which would NOT hold if weight were ever applied directly to the top! Of course the cameras might not have shown her building an additional framework to support the new top and only showed when she was doing the L-bracket securing process.

We both thought it didn't look "substantial," but that wasn't the judges worst nightmare--compared to the totally unfinished tile job! Hopefully the contractors they had to hire to fix the mess there also checked the new island top!

Dragonfire 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-07-07, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonfire Click to send private message to Dragonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
I was surprised they kicked two designers off this week...

While I agree that Green Josh wasn't a leader, I though he'd be safe from the elimination by virtue that his team completed the project, the family liked it, and I didn't think it looked bad.

As for Neeraja...I agree with riverrocker. Neeraja's mismanagement of the tile situation reflected badly on herself, her team and the show. She definately deserved to leave.

The preview for next week looks interesting with the designers having to shop at the 99cent store.

08-07-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
6. "RE: OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
I have to agree, that I LOVE Sparkle Josh, and would hire him in a heart beat to redo any room of my house! At least from the work I've seen from him so far......

Only time will tell! My husband, on the other hand, would just DIE!!! LOL

08-07-07, 04:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"

>
>The preview for next week looks
>interesting with the designers having
>to shop at the 99cent
>store.
>

This challenge does look interesting! I'm hoping they will give them the chance to buy paint at a regular store...somehow the thought of having to watch them "paint" with spray cans, colored markers, poster paper, gift wrap, etc. doesn't sound very "Design Star-ish" to me!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-07-07, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
I'm pretty sure the previews said 2 more are leaving this week, too.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-07, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: OK, so let's talk about what happened last night........"
Time for me to admit I was wrong...I though Sparkle Josh was picked solely for entertainment/show value, but he has proven me very wrong in his strong performances in the first two challenges.

And while I had liked other Josh at the beginning, getting rid of him was a reasonable decision to make. When given the opportunity to lead, he didn't take it, and he didn't follow through on his stated design philosophy. If he's going to fade away that quickly when given a chance to lead, how is he supposed to make an impression in front of a camera?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •