The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
".99 Store Fiasco........"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-13-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
".99 Store Fiasco........"
What is it with Reality Shows this year, knocking off 2 contestants at a time? Are the networks THAT busy with new shows that they want the older, more popular ones to hurry up and get it over with??

That's the feeling I'm getting with several of the shows that I'm watching this summer, and HGTV Design Star is falling right amongst the lot (no pun intended)!!

So, the trip to the .99 cent store wasn't such a terrible thing last night, except I DO agree with poor Scott ,"you make ONE mistake, and you're out!". I'm still not sure what they're basing their elminiations on. I saw NOTHING exceptional with Todd's (the broken furniture and tidal wave), although he DID think outside the box, and for some reason the judges, especially the LADIES seem to adore him! Muscles and all......

I suppose he DID think outside the box-some of his cotton balls were flowing outside the box, weren't they? And they DID say it was not to be functional, only for eye appeal.

And the fact that abbrasive Rob is still there is a mystery to me. I can't see that guy getting his own tv show, with all of us knowing how crude and annoying he is. BUT, we really don't know the inside personalities of Ty Pennington, etc, do we? So, onward bound, to next week, where there will be another double-elimination.

Can't have too many more of those, can we? We can see already that this show definitely was slotted to only run for so many sessions, and they have to rush to get this all in and crown someone the 'NEXT HGTV DESIGN STAR' (did you hear the music in the background????) OK, carry on.......

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: .99 Store Fiasco........ riverrocker 08-13-07 1
 RE: .99 Store Fiasco........ SilverStar 08-13-07 2
 RE: .99 Store Fiasco........ Bebo 08-14-07 3
 RE: .99 Store Fiasco........ MarleyCat 08-14-07 4
   RE: .99 Store Fiasco........ mistyrose52 08-16-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-13-07, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: .99 Store Fiasco........"
"Fiasco" is 100% spot on! If you looked on the HGTV site, where viewers voted on their fav rooms, the "winner" was at the bottom! What's up with that? Todd & Robb are annoying, to say the least. Scott's room was unbelievable. Could he not see the chaos there? Adrianna's was "flat"; nothing to call "design" or "decoration." LOVED Will's, Christina's, and Kim's. So disappointed in Josh. His fru-fru look is going to overpower him. I guess the great bedroom for their quarters resulted because he collaborated w/Will. Hmm.

Robb needs the boot for attitude. Can't even imagine a "crew" having to work w/him. Found it totally obnoxious that he "patted himself on the back" after the judges' comments. Ugh.

Todd's obsession w/all things teeny-bopper beach bum is wearing thin. Loved it when Vern asked him what would he do if a homeowner for whom he was doing a project didn't want that...Todd looked "amazed" that such a thing could happen. lol

DH and I agree that we would watch a program starring Will, Christina, Kim, or Josh. Hope at least one of them makes it to the final two.

And, yes, they are "rushing" the seasons! Wonder if it's because football is on now?????

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-07, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: .99 Store Fiasco........"
I was really disappointed with Scott, because I think if he would've kept 80% of that junk out of his room it would have been great. The painting that he did on the walls was so cool, but you couldn't even see it in the final product because it was all covered up and your eye was drawn to the 1,000 knick knacks he had in there. Lord, it was just awful. Too much!

I actually liked Josh's room, but maybe it's 'cause I'm a sucker for anything silver. I thought the light pink went well with the darker gray paint and I loved the wall art thing he did using the gift bags.

Todd's room was pretty awesome. I loved how it actually looked like a tidal wave had come and broken apart all the furniture on the one side. I thought I was going to hate it, but all I could say when they showed the finished room was "Wow! How cool is that!?"

I didn't think Cristina's room was anything special and was surprised by how many compliments she got. (She was the red/black, right?)

I can't even remember what any of the other rooms looked like.

And, yeah, what's with all the double eliminations? Do they only have a 6-episode season or something? I don't like it.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: .99 Store Fiasco........"
Well, I am quite proud to claim Will as a fellow North Carolinian. He's doing such a good job so far.

What impressed me about Todd was how he paid attention to the rules of the contest, which were to go for artistic, not necessarily functional. He had a vision of what he wanted that room to be when he walked into the store, and he created a room that met his objective. That's also why I loved Kim's. She knew she wanted a girly, feminine room when she walked into that store, and that's what she delivered.

Christina was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't been impressed with her during the first couple of eps, but she did well this time.

And Sparkle Josh...Mr. B and I were so worried he'd get the boot, and we didn't want him to go. Wow, my opinion of him has changed since the intro ep. I thought he'd be the first one I wanted out the door, and now I want to keep him.

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: .99 Store Fiasco........"
I thought this challenge was fun. I might have to check out the .99 store near me.

I loved Kim's table! That was simply beautiful.

I hate Rob and hated his room. Bright Yellow and bright blue? Yuck! It looked like an IKEA nightmare.

Josh has won me over and I really hope he rebounds and stays around a bit longer.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-16-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: .99 Store Fiasco........"
>I thought this challenge was fun.
>I might have to check
>out the .99 store near
>me.
>
We have quite a few within just a few miles apart near us. They are really a God send for kid's birthdays! You can get hand-held games, and board games, and clothes, for just a fraction of what you'd pay at a 'normal' store!!

I just bought some candles and frames for a few dollars, just the other day. Whoever came up with that concept, sure had a good one!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •