The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sort of a surprise ending"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-23-10, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sort of a surprise ending"
Like several of you who were actually watching this show, we thought Michael had it in the bag. Couldn't believe he picked Nina as his "client"! That could have been his undoing--or it just demonstrated that his concept for a show wasn't unique and different from others on the network.

Congrats to Emily for the win! Loved her 'pinstripe' wall. She was smart to change from Dan to Tom for the client. We think her show might actually be interesting to watch.

Never be another Bromstad, but at least this lady has a new point of view.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sort of a surprise ending JessicaRN 08-23-10 1
   RE: Sort of a surprise ending djandy 08-23-10 2
 RE: Sort of a surprise ending iltarion 08-24-10 3
 RE: Sort of a surprise ending udg 08-24-10 4
   RE: Sort of a surprise ending mindy23 08-24-10 5
 RE: Sort of a surprise ending Sunny_Bunny 08-24-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-10, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sort of a surprise ending"
Notice how vague they were about watch for her show "sometime in the future"? I like the way the Next Food Network Star was filmed so that they could say, watch her show next week. When too much time goes by, I stop caring about or looking for their shows.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-23-10, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sort of a surprise ending"
Emily's "Secrets of a Stylist" will have 1 show next Sunday 8/29 where she works on a Glee creator's room.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-24-10, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sort of a surprise ending"

I didn't think Michael had it in the bag due to the inconsistency of the judges all season.

Emily was one of the worst designers in the first 4 weeks of the show. She should have been gone on the first show.

She is nothing special as a host, and I have no interest in her show's concept.

That all being said, she did do an excellent job on Tom's space. Great space.

Based off spaces, I would take hers. Based off shows, it wasn't even close. Michael's was far more interesting and well done.

Emily's fabric shopping was a complete waste of time. The fast-motion showed her cut exactly one piece of cloth. Her inclusion of metal was also pretty suspect. The pinstripe wall was hardly creative. Again, it was a good room though.

IMO, she is by far the weakest designer and host to ever win Design Star. Fitting ending for the worst season of Design Star ever. Congrats.

My guess is that it was time for a woman to win. That is my guess.

Peace/Out

>

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-24-10, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sort of a surprise ending"
I didn't care for any of the final contestants this season, but based on the finale, I understood Emily winning. Michael may be the better designer, but Emily was the better host, and her concept was much more interesting.

Either way, I foresee another show that gets buried in the HGTV schedule and dies after one, very short season.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-24-10, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sort of a surprise ending"
When Emily's win was revealed, all I could say was, 'oh, I see...it's time for a woman to win!'. And I stand by that explanation.

IMHO, Michael was so far ahead of her in every way it wasn't even funny. Even SHE had 'that' look on her face-the look of doom, 'I'm six feet under' when she was watching his programming.

For her to win was just as absurd as this entire season has been. Chalk up another bad deal in the way of MB's reality shows that really suck, and bad hosts who take their jobs WAY too seriously!! It's time to but this show in the vault permanently.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-10, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sort of a surprise ending"
I didn't watch this show regularly because it was on so bloody late, and I would forget to turn the recorder on. LOL

Judging by what I saw Sunday, however ...

I liked his room, I wasn't found of his hosting delivery. As for her, her room was good, and her concept was good, but I lost interest in her reveal rather quickly. (Which is the kiss of death if you are hosting lol)

I don't know what the judges were thinking, but then again, I don't like the judges.

Couldn't help noticing Candice's face during the finale. It clearly read, are we DONE yet? lol

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •