The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why are they doing this again? And how will the ratings be?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-09-10, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why are they doing this again? And how will the ratings be?"
Why even promise a 'show of your own on HGTV', when, in reality, you're lucky to get a few commercial gigs, a headshot at a few stores who are promoting themselves in a sweepstakes, etc....???

I can't even remember who won before Anthony-some blonde lady-but have I seen either of them in 'their own show'? NOPE...

Will I watch this, though? Probably, just because it's summer and there isn't much else to do on a late Sunday night. Ugh.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why are they doing this again? ... udg 06-13-10 1
   RE: Why are they doing this again? ... HungryInTheUniverse 06-16-10 2
   RE: Why are they doing this again? ... djandy 06-16-10 3
       RE: Why are they doing this again? ... iltarion 06-17-10 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-13-10, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why are they doing this again? And how will the ratings be?"
I would have liked to see more of Kim (S2), but they gave her a dumb show. "Can't afford...? It's in the bag!" Because she shoplifted it...?

IIRC, Jennifer (S3) got pregnant right after she won, so was unavailable when her show should have been getting started. I don't remember caring one way or the other for her, but would have watched if her show was interesting. Unfortunately, her show was under publicized, and I never really had a chance to watch it to judge.

Antonio (S4) drove me crazy, and I haven't watched any of his stuff. He won mostly because he was the "interesting" option, which is good, except that he annoys me.

(Speaking of annoying, I know everyone loves Jamie Durie--former male stripper to garden guru--and I don't mind watching him on The Victory Garden, but on The Outdoor Room, dood! He's such a diva I can't stand to watch him.)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HungryInTheUniverse 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-16-10, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HungryInTheUniverse Click to send private message to HungryInTheUniverse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why are they doing this again? And how will the ratings be?"
It seems odd that with Season 3 they didn't use Matt Locke instead of Jennifer then. Really, Matt was a better designer. Personally, I think they just didn't want another gay man to win the contest.

Kim, despite looking a bit like a character in "Shrek," has gotten a lot of air time.

I'm thankful that Antonio hasn't had a show. Again, was Dan just too gay for HGTV that season?

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-16-10, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why are they doing this again? And how will the ratings be?"
I stumbled onto Jennifer's show by accident. It was shown something like every day for a week and then it was gone. I saw a couple and it was okay. I liked her free handed painting on the walls on Design Star, and she didn't do that in her show. She was pregnant on the show, if I remember, so maybe that's why she didn't do a lot of painting.

I loathe Antonio. I saw his Antonio Project show because I was curious and hated him even more after seeing it (putting a tattoo artist's drawing of a pin-up girl on his wall is not art). I refused to watch any of his shows after that.

I've watched David Bromstad's shows pretty regularly over the years, and am watching his new Color Splash: Miami show. He is such a great artist.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-17-10, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why are they doing this again? And how will the ratings be?"

This show is great. I hope they keep it up.

David Bromstad is excellent.

Antonio was the best designer and host last season. Hands down. I wasn't aware Dan was gay; so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It was Dan's fault they went over budget at the final 4 challenge, and his hosting was average at best.

Antonio always did most the work during the team challenges, he had a strong personality for hosting, and he was the one that refused to paint the soldier returning from Iraq's living room tan, which was a great call.

Antonio was the man, though I could see his personality turning off a lot of people.

Not me.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •