The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-07-09, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
Yes, this thread contains spoilers. If you haven't watched the show and don't want to know (of if you have watched the show, but are still in denial), move along. This is your final warning.

Still here? Yeah, me too.

So tonight's challenge was to makeover a room in a "celebrity's" home. Lonni was paired with Tiffani Thiessen (who?) to do a guest room. Antonio got Kathy Griffin's "home headquarters"/office. And Dan did a boy's nursery for Jason Priestley.

Lonni was booted, according to the editing, because her headboard wasn't mounted to the wall (I thought the whole room was weak, but that headboard was awesome, and it wasn't HER fault the company didn't get it mounted in time), giving us an all-male final two.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms ARnutz 09-07-09 1
 RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms dajaki 09-07-09 2
   RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms Sunny_Bunny 09-07-09 4
 RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms Sunny_Bunny 09-07-09 3
 RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms riverrocker 09-07-09 5
   RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms Sunny_Bunny 09-08-09 6
       RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms mindy23 09-08-09 7
   RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms Max Headroom 09-08-09 8
       RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms Sunny_Bunny 09-08-09 10
       RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms udg 09-09-09 13
           RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms Max Headroom 09-10-09 14
 RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms jbug 09-08-09 9
 RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms dcvickie 09-09-09 11
   RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms Sunny_Bunny 09-09-09 12
 I guess the real question for today... Sunny_Bunny 09-13-09 15
   I? jbug 09-14-09 16
       RE: I? Max Headroom 09-14-09 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-07-09, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
*head tilt* I may be mistaken, but I thought it was Lonni's carpenters who were responsible for making the groove in and installing the headboard and she would have been the one directing their work.

At any rate, I was sure we would get another male & female finale just like the other seasons.

Dan's room was the best, IMO. I thought Lonni was the best on camera. I was figuring it would be those two in the finale.

Awesome sig courtesy of that fabulous syren ©2008

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-07-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
*Disappointed*

Dan's boats were terrific. I loved how it looked like you were under the sea looking up. I liked his room the best because it got the Cape Cod theme without going overboard. And though it wasn't mentioned in front of the judges, it fit the dual purpose need of nursery/guest room.

Lonni's wall was very pretty and I like how the rest of the room was styled. Given 10 more minutes, the headboard would have been up.

Antonio's room was - meh. The map cutout was great, though it should have been better. The desk set-up was very predictable and the color scheme, purple and gray, needed a punch of something bright. The seating arrangement in front of the fireplace/TV was funny looking. He should have gone home.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-09, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
I loved that map too, dajaki, but it needed to be bigger. Ra worked for a company that provided extreme luxury moter home/ buses for Band tours, Television/Movie shoots and traveling Broadway productions across the country. They had a huge board along one wall that provided names, dates, and tour stops - and it was twice as big as Antonio's map. Had that map been big enough to do more than "star the stops," it would have been perfect both as a design statement and as a valuable office tool.

I also thought the mini seating areas were funny looking - seems to me a larger table in which to seat clients would have been far more efficient.

Also, IMO the reveal should have included the three assistants - since it really was going to be THEIR room that they would have to work in.

09-07-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
I rather liked Lonni, and her comfort in front of the camera was better than the other two. Ok, so she got a bit stuck on the kudos for her first focal wall which compelled her to do a focal wall for every. other. challenge. How is that any different from David providing an original piece of artwork on Colorsplash every week?

I don't like the two that are left. Dan is way to giggly, and Antonio is just to "character" for my taste. If I want to watch Tony Soprano then I'll watch the original actor ON the Sopranos - he does the character better.

Considering how much Candace has been tongue bathing Antonio on this show, it doesn't surprise me that he is in the final two. With Dan's major screw up with the princess bedroom and the 10k plastic pergola with 0 interest (not to mention spending that much on a plastic square)and his giggly hosting style, one has to wonder if he was chosen to ensure Antonio's win.

As Candace would say: How Divine.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-07-09, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
Also, has anyone else noticed that suddenly in last night's challenge, Dan just "happened" to do two examples of original art, ala David Bromstead?? The "copy-cat" effect was just too much. He certainly seems to be "over-trying" to emulate DB--even to taking off his shirt to show off the muscles.

We actually thought Dan's room was the best, with Lonni's second, and Antonio's a very poor third.

Yes, Candace's fawning over Antonio is more than a bit noticeable...and nauseating.

Will anyone actually watch a show featuring either of these guys? I don't think we will; maybe someone else will, or it will be another case of the "disappearing design star winner"--sort of like last year's.

09-08-09, 01:20 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
LOL, I Riverrocker - we refer to Myles of Style as Miles of Bile.

The show just sucks.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-08-09, 05:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
This season, they went through those women like Exlax goes through my colon! I mean, just WHISH, and all the women were GONE!

Whether Dan gets the 'spot' from the judges or not, he is far ahead enough to win the 2nd spot anyway, so no biggie. And as we have all said, since the beginning, where are they going to put these guys, and who's going to watch, anyway?

IMHO, just a mindless, mildly entertaining show that really needs to be axed.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-09, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
Will anyone actually watch a show featuring either of these guys?

Not me. The only one of the 3 finalists that I'd consider watching was Lonni, and she's gone. IMO, Dan is an erratic, limited-talent designer with poor hosting skills, and Antonio is a talented designer with a huge ego and overbearing personality. And I won't be watching either of their shows.

What happened to last season's Design Star winner? I don't even remember her name, and haven't seen any promotions about her upcoming show.

agman 2009

09-08-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
10. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
*waves to Maxie*

I won't be watching a show by either host. The giggles would drive me insane and Antonio banging on all the focal points "This is a Map"... THIS is a whatever would make me throw things at the screen.

When Antonio wins this thing (and we all know he will) I hope someone takes him aside and explains to him the meaning of Zen. During the overbudget travesty, the "Zen" he spoke of never appeared, and the same thing happened on this show. I realize that Zen is the current buzzword, but if you have no idea how to apply it, then don't use the term. LOL

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-09-09, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
>What happened to last season's Design
>Star winner? I don't
>even remember her name, and
>haven't seen any promotions about
>her upcoming show.

I was channel surfing today and saw her! The show's called Paint Over, and the host is Jennifer Bertrand. When I saw her, I thought, "Hey, it's one of the Design Star losers... What's her name?" and then I looked her up, and lo, it was the S3 winner. Who knew?

I watch a LOT of HGTV, and I haven't seen a single commercial for the show. Things that make you go hmmm.

Oh, and apparently she had a baby 7 months ago, which at least partially explains why she seemed to disappear for so long after the show.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

09-10-09, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
Jennifer Bertrand. That's right.

Thanks for the information. Her pregnancy explains why she disappeared for so long, though the 4 pm time slot and lack of promotion doesn't bode well for her show. As last season's winner, you'd think they would advertise her show during Design Star, hmm?

Capn2patch 2009

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
Even tho I knew they would keep Antonio, I was still hoping for a Dan & Lonnie finale.
The headboard was the only thing they had to criticize in Lonnie's room, yet that did it. That was not near as bad a mess up as the tiny furniture, tiny rug - and - the lack of accessories (knickknacks). Saw Antonio putting a pen in a cup on a desk and that was about it! Was there nothing else on the walls besides the US map?

They did mention the pattern on Lonnie's wall - and thought it was something she does in every room; but...
I wonder if she had not seen that pattern in the store, if she would have added a pattern to the wall or not.

Agman 2009

dcvickie 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-09-09, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dcvickie Click to send private message to dcvickie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
quote "OMG"...Antonio is a good talent but this office was NOT practical much less designer. Conference area??? where????

Lonnie should STILL be there for her hosting ability, but I loved her room...I dont care if she has a focal wall in every challenge. It was so nice to overcome the "special order" cost and time constraints by a simple screenprint. She got what she wanted and overcame. The headboard was AMAZING...the help was the screw up...NOT the designer.

Antonio's custom looked IKEA ready made...his personality is different and interesting, but the "BAM" factor is already taken in the cooking realm by Emeril...give it up. I won't watch Antonio.

Dan...loved the room...so-so on the hosting, but he can work on that. I can get used to giggles if I need design help from this show... otherewise, Your show has been cancelled from my TIVO.

YOU DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE ESTEEMED PANEL OF JUDGES....

09-09-09, 10:04 AM (EST)
12. "RE: 9/6 episode - Celebrity rooms"
*Waves at dcvicki!*

Hi, welcome to the boards! Love what you had to say. Nice and snarky, and we looooooove snarky around here!

09-13-09, 01:15 PM (EST)
15. "I guess the real question for today is..."
Is anyone going to bother to watch Antonio win? LOL

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-09, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I?"
am not going to start the finale thread.
~~~waiting - waiting - waiting~~~

Nope, not me.

09-14-09, 01:29 PM (EST)
17. "RE: I?"
Some of us recorded the episode and haven't watched it yet.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •