The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WOW. It's never a good sign..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-10-09, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"WOW. It's never a good sign..."
1) When the judges start talking amongst themselves while you are yammering on about what a great voice you would have if...

2) When the judges call the producer out on camera to talk to him while you are still talking...

3.) When the judges finally speak over you to tell you to not let the stage door hit you in the azz on the way out.

LOL, buh-bye Toshica.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WOW. It's never a good sign... HistoryDetective 08-10-09 1
   RE: WOW. It's never a good sign... mindy23 08-10-09 2
       RE: WOW. It's never a good sign... Sunny_Bunny 08-10-09 4
           RE: WOW. It's never a good sign... mindy23 08-11-09 5
           RE: WOW. It's never a good sign... jbug 08-11-09 6
   RE: WOW. It's never a good sign... Sunny_Bunny 08-10-09 3
   RE: WOW. It's never a good sign... Max Headroom 08-11-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-09, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WOW. It's never a good sign..."
Wow is right! She's been hanging by a loose thread from a mutilated duvet cover since the first episode. I was not disappointed to see her go --- but I was a little disappointed by the way it played out.

While that might have been very satisfying for the judges, the other designers, and many viewers and it certainly made for good television, I did not think that it was necessary to be so completely rude or to humiliate her so thoroughly. It was obvious that she could no longer avoid going home, but there was no reason not to give her the courtesy of at least being dismissed in the same manner as other designers. I like the professional and insightful commentary from the judges, but the way they handled her "cancellation" was childish.

I also did not think that Nathan should have been in the bottom two that faced cancellation. Perez Hilton without the charm Jason did not make any better contribution in this episode, plus he has a history of poor performance (whereas Nathan contributed significantly to designing the dining room and had one of the three white spaces singled out for distinction). I suppose that the judges really wanted to have the weakest remaining member from each team at the end of the episode, but since they were being so unconventional (and since they really did not like the design done by the "winning" team) then they might have considered putting two members from that team on notice and thus sending the message that even on a team effort that goes well that individual lackluster performances cannot be overlooked.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Tashica's exit regardless of how it went down.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-10-09, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WOW. It's never a good sign..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-09 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

There is so much I want to say about those judges right now, but I don't have time, and I think I'll just go over to the HGTV forum, where there's a slight chance SOMEONE who's involved may see it....in any case: THEY SUCK BIG TIME!!!

And I'm starting to disrespect them in a big way, and starting to dislike this show, and that's about all I am going to say, because I'm so angry right now, I could eat nails! SERIOUSLY!!

Think that would qualify me for AGT?

ETA: I am glad Tashica's gone. It's about freaking time!

08-10-09, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WOW. It's never a good sign..."
Agreed, Mindy.

And I really have to question the validity of this challenge. Revamping a garage into a room involves far more than slapping some board on the walls and furnishing it. The reason garages are so cold is because there is usually no insulation - and that is a code issue that would have to be addressed and fixed through local government wouldn't it? No mention was made of insulation etc. And why, if you were converting the garage into a ROOM, would you keep or replace the garage door? Wouldn't you fill in that big hole in favor of a wall with windows so that it was really part of your house?!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-09, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WOW. It's never a good sign..."
>Agreed, Mindy.
>
>And I really have to question
>the validity of this challenge.
>Revamping a garage into a
>room involves far more than
>slapping some board on the
>walls and furnishing it.
>The reason garages are so
>cold is because there is
>usually no insulation - and
>that is a code issue
>that would have to be
>addressed and fixed through local
>government wouldn't it? No
>mention was made of insulation
>etc. And why, if
>you were converting the garage
>into a ROOM, would you
>keep or replace the garage
>door? Wouldn't you fill
>in that big hole in
>favor of a wall with
>windows so that it was
>really part of your house?!
>
>
>
Said a lot of what I wanted to say...still steaming!!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-09, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WOW. It's never a good sign..."
I haven't seen the ep yet but...
In some neighborhoods, the garage door might have to remain so that the house continued to fit the "look" of the community - especially if it was in a homeowners association, etc.

Also I seem to remember something about a garage being converted into a room not requiring a building permit IF the garage door remained. Sounds strange but I just remembered hearing that sometime somewhere (or maybe I dreamed it )

Agman 2009

08-10-09, 04:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: WOW. It's never a good sign..."
Word HD.

It was just so rude and unprofessional. I was glad to see Tashica go, it was clear she was the weakest link of the bunch, and was a legend in her own mind. Her team-mates were right when they said she was simply parroting what had already been said.

But when Vern couldn't get what he wanted out of her and she continued to repeat the same mantra, an "Ok, we've heard enough, thank you." would have sufficed.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-09, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WOW. It's never a good sign..."
I also agree with HD. While I detested Tashica and thought she should've been canceled a long time ago, she still deserved the same respect that the other canceled designers got. When Vern started whispering to Candice and Genevieve and then called Clive over, it was obvious what was about to happen-- a petty dismissal. Vern easily could've politely quieted her down and moved on to his next point, then canceled her as soon as everyone's comments were done.

And what was up with the double elimination episode? Most reality TV shows stretch things out as long as possible to bank more episodes...

While I can't say I was overly impressed with Jany, she was nowhere near as bad as Tashica.

agman 2009

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •