The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 3-another quasi-designer bites the dust..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-03-09, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 3-another quasi-designer bites the dust..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-09 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

So, tonight's challenge was the famed 'white room', where the designers get to show their REAL talents! Whoopppeee!! Right.

We actually get to see where the weakest links are, and who watched the last few seasons and remembered where to and how to hang the light fixtures, make a rug out of plastic wrap, cover a couch with pool floaties, etc.

Once again, Dan showed amazing ingenuity by stabling red apples all over, hanging a bowl upside down for a light fixture, and over all, encorporating design, color, and style, so you wouldn't exactly know that he'd been grocery shopping just a few days before. He was MY fave, but there were 2 others that were called out for their upstanding designs-Nathan, with an orange/hanging chandellier, and Torie, who made an amazing murial of sorts out of candy wrappers, which she scrucnhed up and glued to her wall.

Once again, Tashica was a hot mess, with paint lines that were shaggy, color scheme that has been used to death, and just an over all boring room. But, once again, she was sent off to safety, along with everyone else, except for:

Lonni: her art-deco cups-on-the-wall just didn't make the cut, because, well-they didn't STAY on the wall! And that ended in a very bland, boring concept overall. Not impressive for the judges, who weren't too concerned with her woes, and told her she'd better have a 'back-up' plan next time.

Jen: the judges were confused by her color palette, and said her design left them cold. Her Japanese infusion, just didn't fuse...

Jason: his room is considered as bland as the matzo crackrs he used to decorate with. In theory, he had a good concept, but in practice, it just didn't bowl anyone over.

And the person who went home, because they'd had high hopes for her, and she'd let them down TWICE IN A ROW (gasp!!) was Jen. Her show has been cancelled, never to be seen again. Like anyone else who has ever won really has been seen all that much, anyway......

Tune in next week, folks, when Tashica will surprise us with yet another spill, drip, or copy-cat design.
Or, maybe we'll get to see someone else's home totally destroyed by this group of QUASI-PSEUDO designers!!

{Go, Dan and Nathan!) And feel free to add any other comments, because I didn't mention some of the other rooms or designers-just too much to do on a Monday morning!!

ETA: changed Lonni's cuts to cups...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designe... jbug 08-03-09 1
   RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designe... mindy23 08-04-09 3
       RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designe... jbug 08-04-09 4
 RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designe... Max Headroom 08-03-09 2
   RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designe... HistoryDetective 08-08-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-09, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designer bites the dust..."
out of candy wrappers, which she scrucnhed up and glued to her wall.

I thought that was colored napkins - & the black was plastic trash bags.
But candy wrappers would have worked! They could have all eaten the candy to up their energy! LOL

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-09, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designer bites the dust..."
> out of candy wrappers, which
>she scrucnhed up and glued
>to her wall.

>
>I thought that was colored napkins
> - & the black
>was plastic trash bags.
>But candy wrappers would have worked!
> They could have all
>eaten the candy to up
>their energy! LOL

You're right-it WAS colored napkins! I think someone from last season used candy wrappers, or else someone was looking at Asian candy wrappers, I don't know!! This show is VERY confusing!! LOL And THAT is why I don't do the break downs!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designer bites the dust..."
One of the others used asian wrappers to cover her table tops; maybe she was the one canceled?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-09, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designer bites the dust..."
Jen's space was a disaster. It was so bad that it got her canceled instead of another designer (Lonni) whose space wasn't even completed. Dreadful is an understatement.

Dan's space was excellent, as was Nathan's. Torie's space didn't do much for me with its loud pink wall and clashing color scheme, but it was certainly good enough to keep her around for another week.

As for Tashica, at least her mediocrity is consistent. Sooner or later her pattern of having the next-to-worst design will catch up to her, and it'll probably happen soon as the weaker designers get canceled and only the good ones are left.

another nifty agman creation

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-09, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 3-another quasi-designer bites the dust..."
I agree: Tashica is cannon fodder. I think that several of them have the potential to make it to the end, but she's not one of them. She's a placeholder whose time will come sooner or later.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •