The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-07, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
That was an interesting challenge. If I needed help with a wedding reception, I don't think a interior decorator/designer would be my first thought of who I should hire. *shrugs*

OK... let's combine the classical fairy princess dream wedding with lavender and white with 50's Rock-a-billy with red, black, and white. Whoa. My hat's off to the designers for their ideas, because I would have thrown my hands up and told the couple it's one or the other. Which is basically what Christina did, and what caused her to be the one eliminated after the pitches.

I thought Robb's proposal was garish and tacky, but he seemed to hit exactly what the couple wanted.

I was sad to see Sparkle as the second elimination of this week.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... Bebo 08-20-07 1
   RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... geg6 08-20-07 2
   RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... riverrocker 08-20-07 6
 RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... jbug 08-20-07 3
   RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... udg 08-20-07 4
 Worst. Episode. Ever. udg 08-20-07 5
 RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... riverrocker 08-20-07 7
 RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... KwietOne 08-21-07 8
   RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... JessicaRN 08-21-07 9
 RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Rece... Agman2 04-18-16 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20905 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
Mr. B and I thought it was going to come down to Will and Josh, and we knew we'd be upset either way. If you would have told me after the first ep that I'd be sad to see him go, I would have laughed.

Can't stand Robb. Won't watch one episode of his show if he wins. I'd watch at least one ep from any of the others. As someone who has been to Vegas for some conferences, his idea was a cheapo rendition of your typical conference floor. The others were right on about how his "space plan" didn't take things into consideration like space to walk around. Todd got high marks from me when he commented on how the floor plan separated the families. (Although I've been to weddings where that would be a good thing.)

While I like Kim and Will's designs, I'd like to see Todd win the whole thing. He's got the personality to pull off his own show. As wild as some of his ideas get, his comments from last night show that he can also think of the practical. Robb's got the personality to make a distinctive show too, but the type of show that would make me want to turn the channel.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
Wow, Bebo, I came in here to say what I thought and found you'd already said it.

I'm with you. Todd seems to have the mix of knowing what works and how to work it and amazing imagination. I'd watch him.

Robb, on the other hand, would send me screaming into the night. I don't care what that tacky couple liked, that was the ugliest thing I've ever seen crossed with the worst personality on TV.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-20-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"

>Can't stand Robb. Won't watch
>one episode of his show
>if he wins. I'd
>watch at least one ep
>from any of the others.

All I can say is "AMEN"!!!! How in the world can those judges even remotely believe that anyone will watch any show of his? Grr.

What a totally tacky "wedding reception"! The colors were unbelievable; almost made us wonder if it wasn't some sort of 'set-up,' but the newlyweds seemed to think it "grand." Eek. Those "blinking glasses" had to have reached some sort of new low in "taste"!

Okay, enough vent.

I don't like Todd's attitude..........but as DH pointed out, the guy CAN think creatively, DESIGN, and EXECUTE....so as obnoxious as his "teenage boy meets beach bum" persona is, he DOES appear to know what to do. We would watch at least a couple of his shows to see how he did.

Will was unfairly maligned by Robb; I guess Robb really does 'fear' him as competitor. Robb is an a$$. I just hope the judges got to see the same videos 'we' did; they would have known that Will DID work. In fact, I wonder if he hadn't called Robb aside and pointed out the difference in the poker chip colors if Robb would have even noticed?

Kim will soon be out of her league, I'm afraid.

jbug 17011 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
That was an interesting challenge. If I needed help with a wedding reception, I don't think a interior decorator/designer would be my first thought of who I should hire

LOL. I agree but I guess these 2 didn't really hire anyone! Free wedding and reception? Even if the reception was completely opposite of what they wanted, I guess you could say they got what they paid for.

Personally I thought is looked horrible but it did fit most closely to what the couple asked for.

Now Kim? Seemed like she would have done it her way - no matter what the couple wanted. I thought the judges might pick up on that as a reason to cancel her show - her inability and unwillingness to satisy the customer.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-20-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
Now Kim? Seemed like she would have done it her
way - no matter what the couple wanted. I
thought the judges might pick up on that as a
reason to cancel her show - her inability and unwillingness
to satisy the customer.

Fortunately for her, she was totally right about the horrid flashing red "vases" and the busy-ness and tackiness of the design, and the judges totally agreed! The judges couldn't get rid of Robb because he gave the customers exactly what they wanted and met the time and budget constraints while staying fairly true to his original concept. But, they all truly *hated* the design.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-20-07, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Worst. Episode. Ever."
1) What a horrible challenge. It was totally unrelated to the actual competition. Design a WEDDING RECEPTION? By what stretch of the imagination does that fall within an Interior Designer's job description?

2) On top of being a horrible concept, they picked a couple with the most horrid color and theme preferences ever. Literally, it was a HANDICAP to have good taste during the pitch. The couple should have flat out said, "We want ugly and tacky. Kthnx." UGH!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-20-07, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"

>I was sad to see Sparkle
>as the second elimination of
>this week.
>

Agreed completely......but Josh just didn't bring it as for real design. Too bad they can't pair him with Will as they did that fabulous design for the penthouse bedroom! Or they need a "how to find what you need when shopping for new accessories" w/Josh as the host.

KwietOne 1111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-21-07, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
Yup, I would have been hard-pressed to get rid of Robb for actually meeting the couple's tasteless, yet tacky, wishes. Robb's a snake for calling out Will as the weakest link. Either way, I would have been upset if either Will or Sparkle Josh got eliminated.

I'll have to agree with most of you that I'd rather watch Todd over Robb. I'll just switch channels!

Did anyone notice how abrupt Christina got eliminated? I mean, it was harsh. But hey, that's life...you gotta go.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-21-07, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
I thought that was a really bad competition for this type of show. The other designers really had no say in how it came out looking. If they would have tried to put their own stamp on it they would have looked like bad team players. I'm not sure that I know anything more about Will and Todd talents from setting up tables and putting down a floor except that they do know how to design in scale and that Todd will soon be too old to do gymnastics!

Agman2 2689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-18-16, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 8/19 episode - The Wedding Reception"
You actually watched this carp?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •