The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-30-08, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
Someone took all the design stars and left us with these, these, these PEOple. Mexican: bright primaries and clay pots, red tiles; Italian: rustic with earth tones or sleek leather and marble; Spain: beautiful tiles and bright colors and sun-bleached pots; Thailand, jewel tones and bamboo and simple design. That's what comes to mind when I think of the countries they were assigned. They all designed generic and even that wasn't too impressive. Even Mikey B's looked like a Chinese restaurant, not Thailand.

Bring back the designers, please!

A Tribe Creation - Springtime 2008

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design St... Sunny_Bunny 06-30-08 1
 RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design St... starshyn99 06-30-08 2
 RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design St... dajaki 06-30-08 3
 RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design St... Max Headroom 06-30-08 4
   And talk about a MELT DOWN!!!! mindy23 06-30-08 5
       RE: And talk about a MELT DOWN!!!! TxMom2011 06-30-08 6
           RE: And talk about a MELT DOWN!!!! Dakota 06-30-08 7
   RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design St... riverrocker 06-30-08 8
 RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design St... catz 07-02-08 9
 RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design St... DrKegel 07-03-08 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-08, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
I so agree with you Dakota. It feels so different this time! None of the designers seem to know a thing about design; they only know how to gnash their teeth and complain.

Mexican style? Who the heck doesn't know that Mexican style would be bright colors like Orange and Terra Cotta anchored by warm neutrals and bright tiles?! Spain would be very similar with a few simple changes! That cabana room was so generic it was pathetic, and the "Mexican hotel/spa" used Caribbean colors!

I rather liked the Italian room, as I thought the hand painted mural was exactly the right style.

Mikey B did go for the garish restaurant look - REAL Oriental design is supposed to be simple and soothing. OTOH, Mike went wayyyyyyyyyyy south with his design. I never did figure that one out.

The other Mike got to choose his own country, but frankly I didn't see any Spain in it at all.

But the worst room of the night IMO goes to Tracee who has no taste, and created a room that no one would EVER want, and that includes Mattel. Barbie wouldn't be caught DEAD in that gondola nightmare. OMH, PLEASE get rid of her soon!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-30-08, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
I have to agree. This week was a nightmare in design.

And I just can't fathom how they can rail on Michael for being generic (and rightly so) but then LOVE Stephanie for her black and white "Mexican" room. Seriously, there was NOTHING Mexican about it at all to me. Did I miss something perhaps?

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-30-08, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
It's sad that none of the designers are that great and innovative, though Matt, bless his heart, tried. Unfortunately the comparison to couch cushion forts was accurate. I thought his lighting was interesting, but the Buddhist temple was lost to me.

Mikey V - Bleh. Cheap Asian restaurant in anytown USA. And did his wall art symbols mean something? They certainly weren't written in Thai.
Stephanie (aka Tammy Faye) - I disagree with the judge's assessment. I thought it was dull and not at all like Mexico (and I live in Phoenix, an official annexation of Mexico). Maybe it could pass if it was night - and all the lights were turned off - and I was blindfolded.
Trish - Chartreuse and navy. Hmmmm. Still pondering.
Jennifer - I loved her room. Every other day my 7 year old wants me to redo her room with a new theme. Last night she wanted yellow walls with sweeping white flowers outlined in black.
Michael - 2008 nightclub anywhere in the world. With Spain, there is such a huge variety of design and architecture. He could have created a space reminiscent of the Costa del Sol (sunny Mediterranean), Toledo (ironwork), Granada (think Moorish arches), Sevilla (what's that palace with the porcelain decorated bridges?) or Barcelona (not nightclub).
Tracee - Was she thinking La Scala and set dressing? I thought the painted chandelier was okay, but could have been executed better. Rather than paint a "mirror" she would have done better to buy mirrors in a variety of frames for a wall collage.

I do have a beef with the materials they were given. It seems the furniture itself was merely there for product placement and was better suited for American College Dorm Room rather than for any ethnic design scheme.

I'm so glad that Michael's gone. His unsolicited, effusive praise of Tracee's room, followed by gagging and retching and "T"ragic just made him appear shallow and mean. I didn't like it either (my 7 year old respectfully disagrees), but at least it could by tied, however loosely, to Italy.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
Agree, this was a second consecutive display of weak designs. I bet the judges are tired of deciding which unworthy designer is the worst each week... And speaking of the judges, they were inconsistent. Some designers were chastised for not following the theme of their country, while others were chastised for following it too much.

While I thought Mikey B's room looked like a Japanese restaurant, at least it showed some Asian influence. Tracee's gondola room was horrific, yet she scraped by again so we'll get another episode of testy drama when someone gets stuck working with her. And I was glad that Matt survived his off-day.

At this point this show is a popularity contest, as none of these designers are very talented.

Surfkitten Sigshop Summer 2008

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-30-08, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "And talk about a MELT DOWN!!!!"
WOW, I hope there is a padded room somewhere CLOSE for that poor man, Michael! I have NEVER, EVER seen a reality star loose it like that...Issues?? Ya think?? Wow. That's about all I can say is WOW!!!!

Wonder if Vern will ever again chase another person who is trying out that the other judges have a problem with? In this case, it certainly didn't work out too well, did it? I wonder what would have happened had he actually been in the finale, or had he won? What a living nightmare that would have been!! Good thing he wasn't on any of the food networks-let's make sure he never has a knife in his hands when he gets rejected, ok? Can you imagine him with Gordon Ramsey??? Oh yeah, he'd be screaming for his mommy BIG TIME, within the first, oh, 2 seconds!

This show has gone south so badly, I can't even think of ONE thing that could redeem it. Not even getting rid of Tracee will help it now, IMHO! I was close to hurling last night. How sad for the 3 people who actually KNOW what they are doing!

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-30-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: And talk about a MELT DOWN!!!!"
Absolutely a lack luster bunch of designers this season. I am sooooo disappointed.

And again with the CRYING!?!?!?!

Did he say "I want my momma"?!?!?

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: And talk about a MELT DOWN!!!!"
Yea, the crying is getting to me. I expect a few sniffles from the bootee, but half the cast seems to be in tears every week over something.

A Tribe Creation - Springtime 2008

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-30-08, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
Absolutely agree! The "design" and the "stars" are MIA! The "white room" competition can be so cool, and having Michael's craft store as their source meant everything they did was limited only by their imagination......which it appears this crew does NOT have! Yikes.

The only "creative" idea...not great, but at least a "nice try"...was Jennifer's..........and if I had to watch her host a show, I wouldn't watch.

Thank goodness they ditched Michael, but I was so wanting Tracee to go too. Why can't they eliminate two at once?

catz 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-02-08, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catz Click to send private message to catz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"
Those are not "Design Stars".............I don't know what you would call them! They have no idea how to decorate a room.....and talk about "DRAMA"........I have to say there has been more bad mouthing of each other then the first two shows put together! And that Tracee.......what a -----! And that momma's boy routine, WOW! If the judges had any sence, they would just cancel the rest of the show and make everyone happy!

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-03-08, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 6-29 Who Stole the Design Stars?"

Don't ya all remember when they got rid of an AMAZING 'DESIGNER' because HE DIDN'T HAVE A PERSONALITY?!!!!!!!!!

So they consider cry babies, lunatics and people that paint over WOOD HAVING PERSONALITIES???????

I really think that Michael got thrown off for his 'personality." Remember that he didn't leave Tracee alone and kept criticizing her and calling her a 'mess,' and bringing other people over to make fun behind her back. Not nice at all.

I liked Michael's room. Didn't think it was that bad considering the rest, but understood him getting the boot. HGTV would NEVER hire such a childish, immature, vengeful, egostical designer to represent their channel.

What he did was mean-spirited and it was gratuitous. I mean, if they had been working together it would have been natural for there to be conflict and for him perhaps to say something to her, but this?

And I disagree about Tracee's room being out of La Scala. Think it looked more out of Alice and Wonderland. It was horrid. She should have been given the boot based on cumulative horrible designs, but I think Michael dug himself an early grave by being so nasty, bitchy and smug.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •