The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And the winner is..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-07, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"And the winner is..."
Filler filler filler filler

Loved seeing Sparkle Josh at the reunion part! Rob is still a jerk. Loved the clips of all the "phrases" they kept repeating. And I really loved seeing Sparkle Josh! Did I already say that? Well, I thought it beared repeating. After seeing how much Will cooked, maybe the Food Network will give him a show on their channel. *grin*

Ok, that should be enough filler.

The winner is.............

Kim! Yay!

I liked Todd, but there was no way I could sit through an entire episode of him as the host, so I'm very glad that Kim won.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: And the winner is... mistyrose52 09-17-07 1
   RE: And the winner is... riverrocker 09-17-07 2
       RE: And the winner is... jbug 09-18-07 3
       RE: And the winner is... djandy 09-23-07 5
 RE: And the winner is... DesignEngineer 09-22-07 4
 RE: And the winner is... djandy 11-13-07 6
   RE: And the winner is... djandy 11-30-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-17-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: And the winner is..."
Kim must have really been a shew in, don't you think? Every message board I could find had her in the lead. I did feel bad for Todd, too, but he has to tone it down, unless he's auditioning for a surf/child's show. Which, may be something to think about in the future, huh??

Loved the catch phrases they showed, too, especially with Scott and Sparkle. And the way they brought out the personalities of some that I wasn't too sure of before (Naraja?). She wasn't so bad after all, it seems.

I thought it was a fairly good finale, and I loved that they had people from all over HGTV in the audience, as well as in clips, wishing them well. I think they learned a lot from the first season.

And I'm SO happy for Kim-can't wait to see her show!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-07, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: And the winner is..."
Oh those "catch phrases" were beyond hilarious!!! Makes me wonder what "my" phrase would be!

Yes, I did feel bad for Todd...but I really think that he will be picked to do something for them. There are lots of opportunities.

Yippee for Kim's win!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: And the winner is..."
think that he will be picked to do something for them

It could happen. There was a contestant on Top Chef (I think - one of the cooking shows anyway) who did not win but is now working for the network anyway.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-23-07, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: And the winner is..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-07 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

Alice, the runner up from HGTV Design Star Season 1, is featured on HGTV's web site giving design tips.

You're thinking of Leanne Wong, who came in 4th or so on Top Chef Season 1, and is their food producer who makes sure that a challenge can be completed in the time allowed, and also re-creates the winning dishes on the Top Chef web site.

DesignEngineer 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-22-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DesignEngineer Click to send private message to DesignEngineer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: And the winner is..."
Without question, Kim was better choice for a show host so I'm very pleased for her. Congratulations Kim!

There wouldn't have been enough adolecent boy's bedrooms in SoCal for Todd to base a show around. Perhaps when he grows up he can try for this show again. Now, he might be considered as the "carpenter" personality for Kim's show. He does have the talent for that.

I was very happy to see that Will was recognized for his congenial personality. He is truly a nice person and in my opinion he had the best personality of any of the designers. His contribution to Kim's final challenge may well have been the reason that she won. Will, if you're reading this: Well Done!

Aside from Rob's personality, the one thing that irritated me most about this season's show was the Wedding Reception episode. Why the Show's producers/director gave the power of eliminating one of the designers to 2 people with absolutely no taste is mind-boggling. Is it any wonder that they selected Rob's design to reflect their own vision.

11-13-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: And the winner is..."
I saw Kim on an advertisement for a "Home for the Holidays" type show on Friday, November 23 at 9/8 Central. It looks like it will be a lot of the HGTV hosts giving decorating tips for Christmas. Hopefully she'll be on it.

11-30-07, 11:58 AM (EST)
7. "RE: And the winner is..."
Kim wasn't on the show. I guess they just wanted to add her to promos to give her exposure as a future HGTV Host.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •