The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-15-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"

Just in time to take away those summer doldrums! After the end of Survivor, and Hell's Kitchen, and AI, we'll get another chance to watch those crazy designers on HGTV!

Just thought you'd want to know-mark your calendar; June 8th.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th... JessicaRN 06-08-08 1
 RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th... Max Headroom 06-09-08 2
   RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th... jbug 06-09-08 3
       RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th... mindy23 06-09-08 4
           RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th... JessicaRN 06-09-08 5
 RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th... SilverStar 06-10-08 6
 RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th... DrKegel 06-11-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-08-08, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"
I caught this tonight and love the way the casting episode is completed in one hour and everyone shown is basically a real designer, although some have some quirkiness. Interesting how the younger ones didn't present near as well as the older designers. Especially the 23 year old who entered and announced how awesome he was, but could not answer any question after that.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-09-08, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"
Build a house in 7 days from a bare patch of ground? With a group of 9 designers, most of whom have no idea how to actually do the tasks they usually specify for others to do? Should be interesting...

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"
This should be interesting. Foundation is not even laid/poured.
At least there is one guy who knows how to build. Poor fellow - will probably take over as leader - which will be expected - but then when they fail, he'll get blamed.

Every day is Spring with Agman

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-09-08, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"
EXACTLY!! What do they think this is?? Extreme makeover with Ty Pennington?? Even HE has an entire crew of professionals, who join in and help put the house together!

This is going to be a total disaster! OR, an amazing feat, at the least!! Interesting stuff, no doubt......

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-09-08, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"
I couldn't help think about bathroom facilities so that not only are you more comfortable, but you look good on camera. If I had to sleep outside in the humidity without showers, shampoos, blow dryer, straightening iron, etc., I'm not sure anyone would want me on their TV screen!!
(And they didn't even pick the lady who has been on Extreme Home Makeover)

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"
I'm already irritated with this season. First of all, I cannot believe that they put that one dude on the show. The guy who couldn't even tell them his design perspective? What a joke. Hey guy- it's official. You suck.

Then the whole house building challenge thing is ridiculous as well. This is supposed to be a show about interior design. I don't mind when they have to do small projects and build stuff on their own, but to have their first challenge be to build a house?? Stupid, stupid, stupid. And unfair to boot.

If it wasn't for hot cop guy, I'm not sure I would even continue to watch this season.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-11-08, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Design Star Starts June 8th!!"

Let's see the season starts out with the best designer eliminated BEFORE the competition? How did this happen? Am I wrong or did the most talented designer get the boot because one of the honchos didn't think he had a personality? Obviously don't need one to be a honcho.

Do TPTB actually think we're so stupid as to not vote for people that are talented? Vern Yip is not exactly a thrill a minute guy. Still I got to know him by watching Trading Spaces, but respected his work first. And the chick ... Rowley is it? She's quite serious, isn't she? So why is she on the show? Could it be because she's, oh, I don't know ... TALENTED???????????!!!!!

I hate when they do these things. Does this mean they have someone pre-selected and were afraid that someone that's actually talented would have beat them?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •