The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trouble on the Lot"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-03-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trouble on the Lot"
MB shouldn't get too comfortable in that director's chair.

Fox cuts 'On the Lot' to one episode a week due to poor ratings

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/fox-cuts-on-lot-one-episode-week-due-poor-ratings-5279.php

Midas's golden touch is turning leaden.
The Lot looks like a one shot deal and the Apprentice's future is very uncertain.

I've been planked by Tribe!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trouble on the Lot Sunny_Bunny 06-03-07 1
   RE: Trouble on the Lot cahaya 06-03-07 2
 RE: Trouble on the Lot Chez 06-04-07 3
   RE: Trouble on the Lot jase 06-04-07 4
       RE: Trouble on the Lot Snidget 06-04-07 5
 RE: Trouble on the Lot Jims02 06-04-07 6
 RE: Trouble on the Lot PagongRatEater 06-05-07 7
   RE: Trouble on the Lot Jadens Mommy 06-12-07 8
 RE: Trouble on the Lot qwertypie 06-12-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-07, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
I really think the biggest mistake he made was trying to use an AI or SYTYCD format for this show. That format only works if you have good action filler such as guest singers/dancers on the stage that divert the viewers attention away from the fact that on the second "reveal the votes" night, they really have nothing. lol

How did they possibly think they could do that with directors? This really should be handled similar to Project Runway -- have established directors vote who stays and who goes, and give the top 3 a bigger budget and longer films to be viewed and voted on at some film festival somewhere.

Just my two cents, anyway.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
Agree about the mistake of following the AI format too closely. This show doesn't have the wide appeal that AI does - everyone listens to music, but while a lot of people watch movies, not that many people are gung-ho about how movies are directed.

Stick with a one-hour show focusing on the clips and how they're made, but leave out the results show which not many people would watch. They could either announce the results a day later on the show web site, and/or wait until the next week's show to air the results as a preliminary to the next round of clips.

Foo dogs by tribe.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-04-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
I have enjoyed the substance of the show, but oh my, what a bunch of messups. The linked article covered a number of the missteps, like the strange 2nd episode starting time of 9:25, the weird host, and the mysterious disappearance of contestants 19 through 24.

I spent some time this weekend searching the Fox.Com web site to try and figure out when the next airing was, as I did not know one show per week had been cancelled. How will they deal with contestants being voted off by a live audience within a single weekly show?

The series must be jinxed; Even the writer of the article messed up with his dates of future episodes - he states that despite normal Tuesday night airing, the show will appear on Monday July 10 -- but July 10 is a Tuesday, so I'm even more confused.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-04-07, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
It will be interesting to see how they handle everything (showing of videos, announcing voting results, etc..) within the 1-hr. timeframe.

Once-a-week airings makes sense and may help in the long-run ratings-wise, but don't be surprise if they make future schedule changes with this show if the ratings don't rebound.

Too bad they have not gotten rid of the host. She is, whether they choose to believe it or not, one reason why this show is doing so badly in the ratings. I don't know what they saw in her in the first place.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
I don't know what they saw in her in the first place.

She won the yet to be aired show on the Naughty Channel "On the Casting Couch"?

Arrrrrrrrgh!

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-07, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
The biggest problem with this show is that there just isn't enough content worth watching. I sat through 60 minutes of the show, just to see 18 minutes' worth of movies. The transitions took way too long, and the judges reviews got really tedious quickly. Mostly because the reviews were usually longer than the clips themselves.

If I would've done this show, I would've done around 8 contestants to start, 10 max. Let them each do 4 minute clips, add a minute of commentary, and leave the rest to commercials.

I would've also advertised the clips more heavily in the commercials. In the age of YouTube, if people would've seen funny or interesting clips in the commercials, people might've watched.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-07, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
There's no way that I'm sending nuts for The Lot.

NUTS to CBS! SAVE JERICHO

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-12-07, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
Initially, I was interested in watching the show but lost track of it quickly when it was being showed a few times a week on different days and differnt times.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Trouble on the Lot"
And isn't ironic that a show celebrating the best undiscovered director would be editted and directed so poorly?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •