The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale 15 Show."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-05-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale 15 Show."
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-07 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

So, they've moved the show to Tuesday at 10 friggin' pm, and reduced it to one hour this week. And the results show is no more.

It's like they're not even giving it a chance to succeed.

I just don't get it. A little promotion goes a long way - this had NONE. The results show needed to be tweeked, not CANCELED. Burnett used to be a reality show trailblazer - now he just copies American Idol? Like that would work? And what about Stephen Spielburg, who co produced this with him - is he there in name only, or did he too think this was the way to go with this show?

Anyway, enough ranting. On with the show. (I'm still hoping for a great short that will blow up on youtube and make this show a hit!)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Public service announcement cahaya 06-05-07 1
   RE: Public service announcement Cathy the Canadian 06-05-07 6
       RE: Public service announcement cahaya 06-06-07 9
       RE: Public service announcement MKitty 06-06-07 24
           RE: Public service announcement Cathy the Canadian 06-06-07 33
 RE: Finale 15 Show. cahaya 06-05-07 2
   RE: Finale 15 Show. jase 06-05-07 3
       RE: Finale 15 Show. djandy 06-05-07 4
           RE: Finale 15 Show. Cathy the Canadian 06-05-07 5
               RE: Finale 15 Show. cahaya 06-06-07 13
                   RE: Finale 15 Show. emydi 06-06-07 18
                       RE: Finale 15 Show. cambo 06-06-07 34
       RE: Finale 15 Show. cahaya 06-06-07 10
 RE: Finale 15 Show. Cathy the Canadian 06-05-07 7
 And... action! cahaya 06-06-07 8
   RE: And... action! tribephyl 06-06-07 11
       RE: And... action! qwertypie 06-06-07 12
           RE: And... action! tribephyl 06-06-07 14
               RE: And... action! qwertypie 06-06-07 16
 RE: Finale 15 Show. aquariaqueen 06-06-07 15
   RE: Finale 15 Show. qwertypie 06-06-07 17
   RE: Finale 15 Show. tribephyl 06-06-07 28
 RE: Finale 15 Show. Sunny_Bunny 06-06-07 19
   RE: Finale 15 Show. emydi 06-06-07 20
 RE: Finale 15 Show. Glow 06-06-07 21
   The ratings are in..... jase 06-06-07 22
 RE: Finale 15 Show. Loree 06-06-07 23
 RE: Finale 15 Show. SilverStar 06-06-07 25
 Lies emydi 06-06-07 26
   RE: Lies MKitty 06-06-07 27
       RE: Lies tribephyl 06-06-07 29
           RE: Lies cahaya 06-06-07 32
               RE: Lies emydi 06-07-07 36
   RE: Lies ulalame 06-06-07 31
       RE: Lies cahaya 06-06-07 35
 RE: Finale 15 Show. qwertypie 06-06-07 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-05-07, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Public service announcement"
Before anyone gets confused, The Lot is on at 8:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday June 5.

Foo dogs by tribe.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-05-07, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Public service announcement"
Sorry, it airs at 10pm here in Canada. It's following the season premiere of Canadian Idol.

06-06-07, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Public service announcement"
Well, they've been shuffling the schedule around so much, I feel like a dupe in 3-card Monte.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-06-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Public service announcement"
I live in Canada...and it was on at 8pm where i live ...we have a really big country with many different time zones (so a generalized "here in Canada" doesn't quite work in this case...)

But, yes, Canada Girl..I feel your pain as my DVR didn't work last night so I missed it!!

*furrified by Agman*

06-06-07, 05:11 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Public service announcement"
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-07 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

Haha, touche MKitty. I sound like an American!

06-05-07, 07:59 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-07 AT 08:11 PM (EST)

I'm still trying to figure out how 15 suddenly became...

There's way too much silence prior to announcing the next clip to be shown, as if there was room for blank filler in a mere (but maybe a long) hour.

Bad, bad directing of this show itself. It should be the first clip to get cut, i.e., all of it. I'll post more later post-show PST.

(ed. to remove potential spoiler info, as if it mattered.)

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-05-07, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-07 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Not a big Michael Bay fan, but he's the only one offering up constructive criticism/comments.

I don't get why they're showing only 5 short films instead of 15 either. Why change the format (AGAIN!!!) of the show. It seems like they're doing whatever they possibly can to make the show worse each week.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-05-07, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
The "Results Show" was universally panned because of lack of content -- they dragged out announcing 3 best and 3 worst for a full hour. So then they re-tool the show and only show 5 films in an hour? Once again they are boring us with lack of content. You'd think they would have learned something from the first couple of weeks.

djandy

06-05-07, 10:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Actually, I don't mind the 5 person format. It means we get 3 minute films instead of 1 minute. And I guess we will eventually get a results show after the other two groups of 5 go?

Why don't they keep their audience in the loop as to what's going on?

06-06-07, 02:42 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Here's the best info I can find. So it looks like 3 separate nights with 5 clips in each, but no clue as to how many will get cut or when results will be announced. Too slow, if you ask me. And the worst part, unless you read online material, you haven't a clue as a casual viewer just what the heck is going on.

Foo dogs by tribe.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
It's 3 weeks of 5 movies each with each of the 5 going up against only the other 4 not 14. Next week during the show, probably the end of it for......SUSPENSE where Adriana can have a 5 minute pause before she names the loser of the 5. The rest of the show will be the 2nd group of 5's movies.

Now how they pick the 5, i'd like to know bc they could be trying to push the best to be winner...I'm voting for Kenny VFTW candidate!

That way they can not have people making films that are eliminated. My hunch is that this upcoming week will be when the next 5 actually make their movies.

And the results show NEEDED TO BE CANCELED>..Adriana is just horrible and there isn't any filler like AI or SYTYCD. Most other reality shows like this have one show per week. This is how they do it on Grease/Nashville Star, etc.

As for the movies... I liked Adam's the bakery and Sam's fish
then Shaliha then Trever then Hillary...that was just awful. and I liked Bay's criticism but I don't like him.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-06-07, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
>Now how they pick the 5,
>i'd like to know bc
>they could be trying to
>push the best to be
>winner...

I thought about that exact same thing. Who exactly is doing the 'seeding'?! I don't think it's fair to just randomly group 5 directors together.

06-06-07, 00:35 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Agree about Michael Bay's spot on comments. And he was the highlight of the night.

06-05-07, 10:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
I thought all the films were actually pretty good. I agree that Hillary's camera work leaves something to be desired. It was too choppy, with too many close ups (as Frank Marshal said), and the hand held style just made it look amateurish. But the writing was good.

I didn't like the last one too much, about the gay Indian comic. I can't put my finger on why.

LOVED the musical! So creative! Especially given the short time they had to come up with an idea and shoot it.

The ring down the toilet was good too. Quite clever I thought.

Finally, blind date. Not as good as the director thought it was. He was pretty self-congratulatory! But not terrible. I agree with Micheal Bay, it seemed familiar. I've seen it before.

Who goes home? I'm thinking Hillary, but given last weeks votes, who the heck knows!

06-06-07, 00:33 AM (EST)
8. "And... action!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-07 AT 06:00 AM (EST)

{ On the Lot: Take 104 }

Geez. What is this? David Copperfield, full of disappearing acts and total (dis)illusion?

Or the LA Clippers at home, adding insult to injury by benching 10 aspiring shooters and then having the temerity to ask them which of the 5 on the floor shot the best and worst? Clap-clap, thank you very much for your group opinion you guys, but it won't mean squat to the cheerleading judges, the already exiting fans, or the final score.

And where was Zach, the most talented of these wannabes who couldn't even make it into the Bollywood B's? The benched star might have raised his hand once or twice, or not at all, who knows?

Oh, now we get it. The fans vote - all one of them left, straight from the cellphone of EPMB to jack up the numbers.

Ever see a show commit harikari with its own editing scissors? But without any excitement or credibility, lacking even the least bit of blood and gore?

Train wreck, anybody? Without a dining car? Without a caboose? Without an engine? Oops, scratch that. No train to wreck.

All proudly presented to you guys by a vacuous vamp in black who couldn't find her way out of an Addam's Family sleep-coffin if her undead life depended on it.

You call these clips?

A ring flushed down the crapper? A goldfish, too? And a reality TV show along with them?
A powder puff musical in a bakery? (Oh, this one deserves an American Idol Golden Award mention.)
A comedy act that didn't even have a line, much less a punchline?
And Guess Who's Coming To Serving Dinner in the Bronx?

Ding-dong, who's at the door?

Don't answer it. Your worst nightmare awaits you. Oops, too late --

--- C U T !!! ---

Foo dogs by tribe.

Ah, the sweet scent of burning celluloid.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: And... action!"
OMH! I think cahaya has finally lost it!

But it just goes to prove that all the money and all the fame can't make a good program.
Crap Host. Crap Editing. Crap Production. No Continuum. Too many breaks in action. Too few laughs. Uneven critiques. Just blah.
Too bad really, because if they'd just focus more on the talent they've got to showcase, it'd be better for everyone.

Or maybe both MB and SS need a huge Tax Write-Off.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: And... action!"
Well, MB already got one with Apprentice: LA Style.

06-06-07, 06:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: And... action!"
You're right. And now that I think about it, MB's also had Apprentice: MarthaStewart
Boot Camp
Rock Star: Supernova
Commando Nanny

okay, maybe not commando nanny, but close.

06-06-07, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: And... action!"
commando Nanny
Mary Poppins without her skivvies?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-06-07, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Let's see....what can I remember, hmmm...

Absolutely despised the fish in the toilet....(hence my name, I keep and maintain many aquariums)....and Yes, the fish was affected, they can't tolerate a temperature difference of being thrown into toilet water--survived, probably, but not for long after!

Teri-agreed, a man wouldn't have been the worse thing to happen if he was escalating the drama in the film. Now if the movie would have been called "Pat" or "Chris" or "Terry", it may have been funny to see his turmoil as he switched back and forth of whether he was corresponding with a woman or man by reading over and over the description...."what did I do???"

Finkelsteins---agreed, the shooting was rough. The father didn't look like a Finkelstein. His comments were funny and would have taken me off-guard if I had dinner there!

Bakery musical---loved it. I agree with Garry, they should have been looking into each others' eyes kinda like Danny and Sandy.

Gay Indian guy....didn't quite enjoy. Too documentary for me to be entertained.

06-06-07, 09:35 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Oh I am sure it was a heated toilet with treated water *rolls eyes*

I am treating my aquarium for Ick,

06-06-07, 04:57 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Yes, the fish was affected, they can't tolerate a temperature difference of being thrown into toilet water--survived, probably, but not for long after!

Add to that, it looked to be a species of gourami, who are notoriusly one of the "finikier" fishes. Why not a hardier (and cheaper) goldfish. He was definitely lieing about the affect on the fish. It may not have died in front of him but as you said, not long after.

All in all, Pipe Dreams was way too slow, with (as Michael Bay stated) retreads in all of the action. And after it all the pay-off was odd. GoldenShowers, anybody?

I actually only enjoyed the Indian Comic docu-short. Out of all of the shorts it was the most interesting to watch.
And that comes as a suprise to me as the comic is a regular feature on the Logo network. So I've heard that Gay-Axis-of-Evil-Float-for-the-pride-parade schtick probably 200 times already. The visuals more then made up for it. And I actually cared about the character after watching it.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Well, they did improve the show a bit, but some things still need to be changed.

I don't know who directed the host, but wow! In the theater, any pause that lasts 5 seconds is called a "pregnant" pause. This host waited 10-11 seconds before naming the next director -- that's not just pregnancy; in theater terms that's labor and delivery as well! Cut down the pause time please!

The judging was far better this time, mainly due to the guest judge. His critiques were spot on, graciously done, and each director came away learning something. Gary Marshall took his lead and did the same thing. Carrie stayed a bit Paula-like, and I swear I am going to start a drinking game with "well made" as the buzz word. "Well made" is her code for "I don't want to blas you, but ..."

According to the website, one director will be cut next week. That has to suck for the contestant. Are they are going to have to suffer the wait while they screen the next 5 films, or do they get the hook and have to leave, or do they get the hook, but have to sit in the audience watching the next 5 films?

My pics for this week:

1. Dough, the Musical. Musicals are not easy to do, and he did it wonderfully. It was clever, it looked good and the actors were great too. I don't know if I agree that the actors needed to look at each other more, since this song was obviously the "exposition" song that set up the rest of the story. Each character had their own agenda - one for love, one for employment, and by the end of the song they STILL had that agenda. My favorite line? "No thanks, I don't eat carbs."

2. Broken Pipe Dreams. I loved the premise, but while watching it, I said to Ra that the pacing was too slow. I'm so glad that the judge told him the same thing. I think his pacing will improve with time. I loved the end, but had I done it, I think I would have had the rocks hit him too. Heh, heh, heh.

3. Blind Date. Yes we have seen this story before, but it was still funny. Stereotype characters worked, and I loved the "Teri as a man" element. lol

4. The Finklesteins. Agreed completely with the advice to drop the hand held camera and do wider shots. Constantly using close ups completely destroyed the reaction shots, because it was all close up. She should have done a wide shot at the dinner table, and used close ups on the reactions of the young couple. The way she did it, the couple seemed simply the device to get the parents talking.

5. Laughing out loud: Someone else said it best. I didn't like it, but I cant really tell you why. It's interesting that the judge who liked it so much couldn't really say why he liked it best, either -- maybe that's why he (and some of the others) chose it as well. You either like it or don't --there isn't really a gray area. LOL, rather like a Polanski film.

I do think having the judges and contestants tell us their least and most favored will "skew" the voting results. But what do I know? The audience actually liked "Wacky Cab" enough to pass the director through! LOL

I still think that if this show survives (which is doubtful) they need to change it to a format similar to project runway.

06-06-07, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Kenny is VFTW's pick and with so few people voting....

GO Kenjaya!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Can anybody tell me why Hillary is even still there after that ridiculous peeing in the cup on the bus thing?

1. Dough: The Musical
2. Broken Pipe Dreams
3. Blind Date
4. Laughing Out Loud
5. The First Time I Met The Finklesteins

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-06-07, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "The ratings are in....."
Only 3.13 mil viewers this week (worse than last Tuesday's episode and only slightly better than last Monday's episode).

I really can't see Fox keeping this on air much longer. If I was Verizon and Ford (corporate underwriters/sponsors), I would have pulled out of this a long time ago. What a disaster this show has become.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
I recorded the show and used the FF to get through it. It greatly improved the show because I could flick past the host and her pregnant pauses.

I ended up zipping through the last clip too. I didn't like it at all and was surprised that some thought it was the best.

I just hope they announce who leaves at the beginning of next week's show and not at the end.

They can certainly bunch the directors in whatever group of 5 they want. Makes it easier to save and boot who they desire.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
First of all, I hate, hate, hate the way they are breaking them down into groups of 5. Why not just have a 2 hour show and let everyone show their film? And now we have to wait a whole week for the results? Ugh. Just let the judges decide. America doesn't need to vote on every stupid show that comes along. *sigh*

Sam is my favorite. I really loved his film last night. I was LOL'ing throughout the whole thing, from the "should I cut the red or the blue" scene to the Shawshank Redemption-like scene. Very funny.

Trever. Ah, Trever. I want to like him (because he's cute and I'm shallow) but I have not been impressed with him so far.

I did not like either of the women's films. I would be happy with either of them going home. Yes, Gary, perhaps we do need more female directors, but not if they suck.

The musical one I liked. I missed most of it because I was fixing dinner, but I liked what I heard/saw. Very creative.

06-06-07, 04:22 PM (EST)
26. "Lies"
Prof Chan who is pretty cool and who I would trust has verified that these 3 min films are not ones done by the "directors" this past week, but were the submission films...

We have to vote for Kenjaya!!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-06-07, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Lies"
If it is true what Chan said..that is really, really pathetic. What is wrong with these people..why are they ruining this show by making it so lame! I tend to agree with everything Chan has said in that link...except my votes are all for Zach

*furrified by Agman*

06-06-07, 05:05 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Lies"
Awwww....c'mon. Zach deserves better then to be crowned winner of this horribly produced show.
He is one of the very few who could actually be hurt by winning this thing.

It's only a million dollar movie deal. And in todays movie making world, that's like nothing.

06-06-07, 05:09 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Lies"
Prof Chan missed the boat on this one:

ON THE LOT will be "premiering five of the contestants 3-minute films." Oh, great. How is THAT FAIR? We only see FIVE MOVIES out of 15? What a crock. Just go on-line this week and Vote for Kenny's movie because we know it will suck too much to be shown on TV. I've got money down that Special FX Zach, Skull-Cap Bearded guy, and Midget Marty's movies get aired.

I wish. I'd been glad to catch just Zach's entry and then call it a night. None of the clips last night were anything resembling finalist material (which could give credence that it was indeed submission material).

And agreed, Zach would be far better off as a free agent.

Foo dogs by tribe.

06-07-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Lies"
This is a reply to Chan...

see my link above:

Update from the official On the Lot boards: it appears that this show is circling the drain.

Rumours on imdb that it has already been cancelled. This may well be the case as the movies they are showing were all made weeks ago as part of the selection process. If their submission video was accepted, they were then asked to make and submit a 3 minute short in 5 days on their own dime (allegedly). So the contestants are basically sitting around doing nothing for the next couple of weeks with no production budget, hoping their 3 minute movie that they thought would never be seen is good enough to get them through. Poor bastards.

My bad it wasn't the audition tape it was the 2nd film if they made the initial tape...they are doing nothing for three weeks...bc the producers don't want to spend $...I read my TV guide for NEXT week and it still had that 14 contestants were going to COMPETE against each other ON MONDAY at * (actually Hell's Kitchen first show will repeat then) and a 30 minute results show on TUES at 8pm (actually tues is the "film" show of the 2nd five)

This is truly pathetic

GO KENJAYA!!! why would you want Zach who has talent to win this?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-06-07, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Lies"
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-07 AT 05:11 PM (EST)

The production on this show keeps getting more and more bizarro. It makes sense that these were not the films made by the directors in the past week -- for one thing, the films were made in the directors' home towns, and it would seem really odd to me for the show to fly them all home to shoot a film in less than a week. Plus, several of the directors commented on "scrambling" to get equipment and actors and crews -- didn't they say in the first episode of this show that the directors were going to be provided with that stuff? But if this is the case, they really should explain it to the viewers.

I'm confused by the "rules" and format of the competition -- switching from elimination of the worst out of all the remaining contestants, to an elimination of 1 out of a mysteriously chosen group of 5 is weird and not really fair.

I'm annoyed by the change in air dates, I hate the host (they should have gotten a filmmaker to be the host -- or at minimum, somebody who could string two words together without stumbling) and the production values on the show are really awful. I too am SHOCKED that this show is from Mark Burnett and has such high profile people attached as Gary Marshall and Carrie Fisher -- you'd think everyone involved would be screaming to high heaven that something be done about the show's production.

I wonder what happens if they pull a show like this before it completely airs? Does nobody win?

06-06-07, 05:34 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Lies"
I wonder what happens if they pull a show like this before it completely airs? Does nobody win?

Actually, at first, I thought they had decided to cut 10 and go with a final 5 last night with shortened season. Maybe just as well they did that, and then have a one-week finale next week to put this season out of its misery.

As a movie freak and cinematography nut, I had high hopes for this show. I can't adequately express my disappointment at how they've handled it. I actually feel sorry for the contestants for the way they (and the audience) have been jerked around. *sigh*

06-06-07, 05:06 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Finale 15 Show."
Adrianna drives me nuts (and not in a good - let's make a drinking game out of this- way).

What is with being one of the 5 directors featured this episode as something terrible? I know there is a 1 in 5 chance of being eliminated (which is different than 3 in 15 -- I'll agree), but as a director, you should relish the chance that your work will be shown and confident enough that it will be compared favorably to anyone else's. And if you make it through, then you have two weeks of being safe (unless the format gets changed yet again). Adrianna should have been pumping up the contestants and the crowd that this is a good thing. I know the show is tanking badly, but at least fake it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •