The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 6 (July 24)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-24-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 6 (July 24)"
Who will get eliminated?

Sam - "Key Witness"
Andrew - "Zero2Sixty"
Jason - "Sweet"
Kenny - "The Losers"
Mateen - "Catch"

Unless the blatent Ford ad offended viewers, my money is on Kenny and Mateen to go home.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 It's romance night cahaya 07-24-07 1
   RE: It's romance night Vixxxen 07-25-07 27
 RE: Final 6 (July 24) Loree 07-24-07 2
   RE: Final 6 (July 24) cahaya 07-24-07 4
 The Ford infomercial cahaya 07-24-07 3
   RE: The Ford infomercial Sunny_Bunny 07-24-07 6
       RE: The Ford infomercial cahaya 07-24-07 8
 RE: Final 6 (July 24) Loree 07-24-07 5
   RE: Final 6 (July 24) cahaya 07-24-07 7
       RE: Final 6 (July 24) Loree 07-24-07 9
           RE: Final 6 (July 24) Sunny_Bunny 07-24-07 10
               RE: Final 6 (July 24) cahaya 07-24-07 12
 RE: Final 6 (July 24) Loree 07-24-07 11
   RE: Final 6 (July 24) cahaya 07-24-07 13
       RE: Final 6 (July 24) Sunny_Bunny 07-24-07 16
 My movie date... cahaya 07-24-07 14
   RE: My movie date... Loree 07-24-07 15
 Tuesday Night Live cahaya 07-24-07 17
 RE: Final 6 (July 24) Loree 07-24-07 18
   RE: Final 6 (July 24) cahaya 07-24-07 19
       RE: Final 6 (July 24) mattben 07-24-07 22
   RE: Final 6 (July 24) Cathy the Canadian 07-24-07 21
 This week's films... Cathy the Canadian 07-24-07 20
 RE: Final 6 (July 24) mattben 07-24-07 23
   RE: Final 6 (July 24) mistyrose52 07-25-07 24
 RE: Final 6 (July 24) michel 07-25-07 25
 Bunny Picks of the Week Sunny_Bunny 07-25-07 26
   RE: Bunny Picks of the Week mattben 07-25-07 28
   RE: Bunny Picks of the Week cahaya 07-25-07 29
       RE: Bunny Picks of the Week Agman2 04-13-16 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 19346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-24-07, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "It's romance night"
Look for a partner to watch tonight's clips with, folks, as it's romance night. Smoochy koochy! The final six (three each from the last two weeks) will will try to make us fall in love again. It'll be interesting to see what special effects Zach will have up his sleeve for this one. Alien love, maybe?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-25-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: It's romance night"
1- Zach - Bonus Feature: For me instead of getting better he has reached his peak. This didn't impress me at all. It wasn't funny and he really needs to work on his storyline in order to be the final 2.

2- Adam - Girl Trouble: I hated this movie. The premise was ridiculous and it just generated disgust with me. His worst to date.

3- Will - Unplugged: Not much comedy therefore it failed the grade. His skill seems to be silent movies...not good.

4- Andrew - Keep off Grass: Too much one on one arguing and at least let the gardener notice they were there to create conflict. Not funny. His worst to date.

5- Sam - American Hoe: I agree with Carrie since when do men help with wedding invites etc.? One funny moment with the American Hoe pic.

6- Jason - Old Home Boyz: Jason is adept at comedy hence he excelled at this movie. Best of the night. I loved that the old gents started dancing. While the direction wasn't smooth it was FUNNY which was the genre of the movies this week.

My rankings:

1. Jason
2. Will
3. Zach
4. Andrew
5. Adam
6. Sam (byebye Sam)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Kenny and Mateen went Bye Bye.

07-24-07, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Yup, deservedly so. Kenny's skateboarding Losers was just that, and Mateen's failed to Catch the audience vote with a weak foot-chase clip. I'm just glad Jason got through after his best clip yet last week.

07-24-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
3. "The Ford infomercial"
survives the crash test. So following that, no surprise that Kenny and Mateen go home.

Sunny_Bunny 5596 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Ford infomercial"
Hi Ebert

I didn't care which of the 4 after Jason got chosen. It was really slim pickings last week. Gotta wonder though, if Andrew is going to have a love story set in a Mustang? lol

07-24-07, 08:16 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Ford infomercial"
Hey, Siskel.

Well, it's not Love Story tonight - at least not yet. Andrew might just put that Mustang in Park this time around, though.

07-24-07, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Well after the first two I like Zach's better than Adam's.

07-24-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
But after the third clip, I think Will upstaged Zach! Nicely done.

07-24-07, 08:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
But Will is back to not much dialog. I notice they are giving all of them constructive critiques tonight and not gushing over any of them... yet.

07-24-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Actually, Wills film that included dialog was not all that great. I think people voted to keep him in because he tried it. He's smart if he keeps the dialog to a minimum, since he's not all that good at it.

07-24-07, 08:23 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Little dialog (only 'hi's at the end between the guy and gal), but the lamps had a 'dialog' of their own, with expression and emotion. That's what I liked about it.

07-24-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
I didn't really like Andrew's.

07-24-07, 08:25 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Interesting idea and concept, though. Less about romance (even with the tornado kiss) than about a lover's quarrel. I didn't find myself liking either superhero, really.

Was that a Travelocity gnome?

07-24-07, 08:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"

Was that a Travelocity gnome?

Could have been worse, it could have been William Shatner.

07-24-07, 08:34 PM (EST)
14. "My movie date..."
... just walked out on me. American hoe?

And I think I just called her phat, like this clip.

07-24-07, 08:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: My movie date..."
I didn't mind Sam's. It was better than Andrew's.

07-24-07, 08:43 PM (EST)
17. "Tuesday Night Live"
with the Travolta wannabes. I actually kinda liked this clip, perhaps the most romantic of the lot (and that was supposed to be the theme tonight, with a lot of misses).

07-24-07, 08:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-07 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

I am no fan of hip hop so maybe that is why I didn't like Jason's. I was bored with it.

I would send Andrew home based on tonight's films. But I have liked Andrew other weeks. It will be interesting to see who does go home. At this point it is probably who has the largest family voting for them that is saved.

07-24-07, 08:51 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
My least fav was Sam's hoe, lacking romance or humor.

Other fairly weak ones were Andrew's (I couldn't relate to the superheros, although it was kinda funny) and Adam's (again, with no romance, although a humorous ending). Zach should be safe (a disappointing effort by him, though) as well as Jason (the only real romance all night).

My fav was Will's charming Unplugged.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-24-07, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
wow, cahaya. I rated it the best

07-24-07, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
At this
>point it is probably who
>has the largest family voting
>for them that is saved.
>

*snicker* good one Loree.

07-24-07, 08:52 PM (EST)
20. "This week's films..."
Sam - American Hoe
Zach - The Bonus Feature
Andrew - Keep off Grass
Jason - Old Home Boyz
Adam - Girl Trouble
Will - Unplugged.

Guest Judge is City of Angels director Brad Silberling. I thought he gave good, insightful critiques.

Next weeks films will have a car theme? Did I hear that right? So we can look forward to not one but FIVE Ford commercials?

And whoever gets the most votes this week gets to have Jerry O'Connell star in their film. Not a bad little perk! I'm thinking it will go to either Will or Jason. As for who goes home? My early pics are Sam (no surprise there, it's the only one the judges clearly didn't like), or perhaps Zach in a surprise upset?

07-24-07, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Sam, American Hoe -- 9
Will, Unplugged -- 8.5
Zach, The Bonus Feature -- 8
Andrew, Keep Off Grass -- 8
Adam, Girl Trouble -- 6.5
Jason, Old Home Boyz -- 6.5

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-25-07, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
I actually laughed the most at Sam's, until I realized, by Carrie, and the rest that it was not 'politically correct', then I felt a little ashamed.....(I think I even hid my face in the pillow for a minute).

The others?? Geez, it was one boring night for me! Could've been the meds I was on-I was in once heck of a fibromyalgia flare, and when that happens, not much is funny! BUT, it does make me one good critique!

I did like Will's lamp-love-too cute. But every body else left me high and dry. I have been unplesantly surprised by Zach's last few efforts. Seems if he can't play with his techno-toys, he really doesn't know what else to do. I normally LOVE what Jason does, and I give him props and an A for effort, but with only 2 minutes, it just didn't do it for me.

The rest, I think I dozed off a few times, so I really can't be held accountable for my thoughts on those. Can I????????

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Final 6 (July 24)"
Hi Cahaya and Cathy. Along with other posters on this thread you got me interested in this show. I've only watched full episodes for the last 2 weeks and would've kept Matteen over Sam based on last week's performance. That said, I agree with most that Jason and Andrew had the 2 best shorts last week.

If you don't mind, I'll give my impressions of this week's short films:

1- Zach - Bonus Feature: I know he's a favorite but this one was ordinary. It made me laugh a little but the end was too abrupt and poorly acted. I mean, the girl herself looked more interested in the special effects than in romance. I'd give it 6/10

2- Adam - Girl Trouble: I liked the "madly in love" expression of the main character and the unpretentious look of his "American beauty". Nice idea, but the only funny moments were the 2 "gals". I'd give it 7.5/10

3- Will - Unplugged: Not much to say (!) It was charming. I'd give it 8/10

4- Andrew - Keep off Grass: I liked its originality. I shared the concerns of the judge; It seemed rushed to get all the argument in and thus lacked some details. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10

5- Sam - American Hoe: I thought I was looking at an episode of "Everybody loves Raymond" where Ray advises his brother to mess up the wedding invitations to get out of the chores. It didn't make me laugh. I'd give it 5/10

6- Jason - Old Home Boyz: My favorite. It had originality and laughs in each of the 4 segments (The wink from the yearbook in the preparation, the vision of the young girl during the approach, the dance-off during the confrontation and the smile at the loser after winning the girl). With fantasy and romance, it was fun. It deserves 9/10

Jason has had my favorite for my first 2 weeks. I don't know if that's a pattern yet.

Also for two week's in a row, I feel Sam should go home.

07-25-07, 12:43 PM (EST)
26. "Bunny Picks of the Week"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-07 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

On the Lot (1.5/3 HH rating, 2.29M viewers, 1.1/3 A18-49) continues to flounder in the ratings. It came in 4th behind America’s Got Talent, a repeat of NCIS, and 2 repeats of According to Jim.
Week-to-week numbers: Households - 1.6/3 to 1.5/3, Viewers - 2.48M to 2.29MAdults 18-49 - 1.1/4 to 1.1/3*

I’m so disappointed that this show has tanked so very badly. Fox, however, is at least sticking with it till the bitter end, and not tossing it onto an incredibly 2nd rate website, making us watch the show in 4 installments, 2-3 of which “hang” and won’t play, bringing the number of viewers down even further because they can’t view the show at ALL if they have dial up. Way to go Fox!

We are finally are down to the final 6 directors. After the voting last week, Kenny and Mateen proved that even their family members and friends didn’t vote for them, and they quickly got sent off the lot in the Quit SUV provided by Ford Motor Company. (Hey, they had to get their product placement in there somewhere, right?)

Before I launch into the Bunny Picks this week, I want to take a moment to rant discuss the mood this show seems to be taking. In a last ditch effort to pull out of that 1.5 rating slump, ( test patterns get more viewing share than this show) the director has decided that “sex sells” should be taken to the next level.

No, this is not another rant discussion of Adrianna Costa and the Disappearing Hemline, although last night she wore yet another sexy nightie. No, it is not another discussion of Adrianna and her 1) inability to stand without putting one or both hands on her hips to fluctuate between looking like a beautiful but frustrated housewife or a working girl on the corner of Hollywood and Vine, or 2) paw at the contestant directors to the point where they look visibly pained and embarrassed. No, this week the Judges (Well, ok, Carrie Fisher) decided to open the show with a make out session with both Gary Marshall and Brad Silberling, and end it with Carrie balancing upside down with her head somewhere between Marshall’s knee and his waist. Sigh. Can this show sink any lower?

Oh well, this show is headed for the firepit, and we all know it. So, on with the Bunny Picks for this week.

1. Unplugged by Will: Ok, so the lamps were a knockoff from Pixar, it was still the best film of the night. Two lamps, (complete with male/female plugs) fall in love and overcome the barrier of a cubical wall, and manage to bring their two human counterparts together at the end. While the dialog between the two HUMAN actors was a bit stilted, the “dialog” between the two lamps leapt off the screen and made you say awww. It was so well done, that you found yourself worried when the one lamp was in danger of being squashed by an evil file cabinet. Charming, funny, and a pleasure to watch.

2. Keep off Grass by Andrew: This week, Andrew stepped away from his usual Ford commercial, and gave us a light hearted tale of a lovers spat. Sounds tired, right? Not this time, because the lovers in question were a pair of superhero’s who destroy a lovely garden while a blissfully ignorant homeowner is busy pruning his hedge. The superhero couple then have randy tornado-like make up sex, and leap off for the afterglow, while the homeowner ends up with a torn up yard, and a dead yard gnome. It was funny, well paced, well acted, and fun to watch. I disagree with the guest judge who wanted more destruction during the actual spat, because that could have easily fallen into overkill. Subtlety wins out on this one, it was just enough. If I had any complaint, it was that the homeowner reminded me of (shudder) Enzyte’s “Smiling Bob.” I’ll leave you to decide if I’m right or not.

3. The Bonus Feature by Zach: Ok, this film really should have been titled Mr. Speilberg, Pick me! Pick me!!: A couple are together while the boyfriend extols the wonders of the bonus packages in his new car. His girlfriend, who’s rather bored with the whole thing, decides to push the button of the new dvd player on the dash. We are then taken through a montage of Speilberg blockbusters, to remind us whose famous name we all have to thank for this show. It was cute, and it did have a story line, but like the judges, I felt this was really a resume master created to show Dreamworks what he could offer if they would just hire him. The only reason I have put Zack at number three, is because it was at least rather funny, and did have a story arc. But if you all were upset at the product placement last week, the obvious tushie kissing here should garner a similar response.

4. American Hoe by Sam: A couple are planning their wedding. Well, to be more precise, their wedding invitations. She wants “love stamps” and the fiancé brings home the history of farming. She has obviously never been on a farm before, as she refers to udders as “nipples.” Anyway, our Bridzilla rants at her man for a while, then declares him “relieved of wedding duty” for the remainder of the plans. We see his smug little smile as they hug, and while he makes golf dates. I didn’t like the title, I didn’t like the claustrophobic close shots, I didn’t like the Bridezilla, and I can’t believe that the judges didn’t catch on that the guy had planned this little escapade. I do think Sam may be safe this week, however, because it did have a strong story arc, the actors did a good job (although I hate the whole bridezilla infatuation) and there were other films that totally missed the mark.

5. Girl Trouble by Adam: “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” is taken one ludicrous step farther, and becomes gender is in the eye of the beholder. One guy, after a night with a beautiful woman brags to his friend how he has found the hottie of his dreams. A cross dresser emerges from the bathroom, looks lovingly at his new man, and heads off to get dressed. The friend then launches into a tirade about “she’s a HE” and rips his friends heart out, then decides to show what a “real” hot chick looks like when his own girlfriend shows up. Naturally, the “girlfriend” is yet another man complete with facial hair. This idea should have been trashed the second it was thought of. It was not funny. There is really no way he could have made this funny – with the exception of maybe making the first guys “catch” a truly beautiful woman who the friend thought “ugly” in comparison to his “girl.” On second thought -- no. That would have sucked as well.

6. Old Home Boyz by Jason: Is there anything more pathetic than old geezers trying to talk young gangsta? Heck, my son gets mad if I even try to use the words bling, smack, or P’Diddy. Anyway, an old guy is getting ready for his HS reunion, and is dressed like a teenager. He gets a thumbs up from his old HS picture (played by Jason) and off he goes to find his old sweetheart. Ah the pathos, ah the romance, ah … let me look at my watch to see if the 3 minutes are up anytime soon. Dumb idea, lame execution, uncomfortable dialog, bad film. Does Jason really see himself talking like that at his reunion? Aren’t you glad you wont be attending? This film had everything you DON’T want in a film.

The Bunny Predictor says that it will be Jason or Adam this week. But out of 6 predictions, it has only ever been on target once, so I could be wrong. LOL

Todays episode was brought to you by the word "homage" repeated ad nauseum for almost all of the films.

* Ratings can be found here

07-25-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Bunny Picks of the Week"
smooch.

07-25-07, 09:15 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Bunny Picks of the Week"
Well, folks, the cameras are still rolling on this lot in spite of the show's weak ratings. It's a different story on the Black Eye network for those scurvy bilge rats floundering around somewhere in the Caribbean. I'll just nod in agreement with Bunny's comments about that fiasco, as well as her comments about Adrianna. One dose is enough.

What's this about cars? Last week, we get the full specs to a Ford Mustang and next week is car theme week. This week, much to the consternation of Ford marketing executives, we get another glimpse of Doc's supercharged Delorean DMC-12 with the wheel in the hands of yet another novice.

But more on this later, as it's not only the car that got stolen in this flick.

Ah, yes, it's romance night - not. You know it's a sad night for romance when the best flick is a love affair between two lamps with GE energy-saving bulbs. And they only get hot after they've been turned on for a while. As for the rest of the flicks, maybe one more moment of romance, a few not quite-so tender kisses, and someone in the bed in the next room, with another at the door, that would kill your romantic impulses for life. And that's not the worst of it, with my movie date walking out on me midway into the American Hoe (and no, we're not talking about pre-adolescent Adrianna here, or even post-menopause Princess Laia).

The Bonus Feature by Zach: Yes, not only did Zach steal Doc's DMC-12, he stole themes from several of Spielberg's films, straight off Blockbuster DVD's in the car dash player, including Used Cars (I'm guessing on this one), Jurassic Park and Star Wars. Plug in the DVD and off you go! Nice concept, but... no real originality, storytelling or romance here. But it's clean and crisp and mildly entertaining. All in all, a disappointment from Zach, who we expect a bit more from. (**)

Girl Trouble by Adam: The first of two clips that tell your movie date you're not interested in doing anything after the movie. Two guys are talking about their dates from the previous night, with one of them having a date sleeping over. She - oops, he - walks out clad in a towel, unshaven, and uglier than sin. After some you-gotta-be-kidding-me moments with the second of the two friends about to storm out the door, the doorbell rings and the second guy expecting his date to arrive. She - oops, he, uglier than sin again - is at the door. Ok, that was something of a surprise ending, but there's no romance or even the prospect of it in the future. This abhorrent clip wouldn't even do justice to the title Shallow Harry & Harriet. (*1/2)

Unplugged by Will: Ok, it might have been a little bit of a Pixar ripoff with the moving lamps, but the story was refreshingly original - and romantic. Two office colleagues, a gal and a guy (both different minorities, I might add) call it and leave the office, almost bumping into each other while not saying a word. The lights go out, the music of mischief begins, and the action starts. Both lamps come alive, one from each cubicle, and they try to find a way to cross the cubicle barrier to be together. After some misadventures with the filing cabinet, the first lamp gets unplugged. The other lamp manages to find a way to swing over and get the first lamp plugged in again, with both of them glowing warmly together. Surprise, surprise, the overhead lights turn on as the office colleagues return again. They both see the lamps sitting there together and see it as an unusual sign for them. They start with saying "Hi." meekly to each other. We know how this is going to end, happily ever after. Nice, charming story. Loved it. Plug me in, sweetie. (***1/2)

Keep of Grass by Andrew: Somewhere in sunny California suburbia, a guy tends to his rather expansive lawn and garden with music playing on his headphones (I'd guess Kenny G, given his attire), oblivious to everything else. Poor guy, it looks like the Travelocity gnome is his romantic interest at the moment. A superhero couple show up, one after the other, messing up the Lawn & Garden centerfold turf in the process. They get into a lover's quarrel, mess up more stuff, and then decide to mutually activate their Whoopie Whirlwind power, pretty much denuding the entire lawn and garden. After one more make-up kiss, they fly off, ruining whatever else remains except the hedge that the Travelocity gnomophile is trimming. Finally, he turns around to look at his yard, and drops his garden tool set right on top the gnome in shock. Oh well, there goes the love of his life. A bit canned, not really romantic, this clip has its humorous moments. Although I was ambivalent about this clip at first, I like this clip even more thinking back on it. (**1/2)

American Hoe by Sam: It's here that my movie date walked out on me. "What do you think I am?" she hissed at me when she saw the title. Then she walked out after the "Are you saying I'm fat?" line. And that's about what happens in this clip when the guy gets subtly obscene looking farming-theme stamps for their wedding invitations to be mailed out. Neither of them appeal to me, nor to each other. Time to cancel the wedding and send out apologies instead. (*)

Old Home Boyz by Jason: It's time for the 50th (I think) high-school reunion. And it looks like it, with so few people showing up. Unfortunately, the undead already done and gone and buried are not invited. Nice animation of the old guy's yearbook pic talking to him, telling him not to screw up this time. We find out what this is about later, in sort of a Biff/McFly moment of splitting parallel universes from the distant past. Both guys show up, as well as the fair lady of mutual affections, of course now all long-standing members of the AARP. This time around, the guy doesn't screw up, doing a Travolta split perfectly while the other guy apparently forgot to take his calcium supplements and dislocates one of his vertebrae. Guy gets girl after all these years, ending in an old-folkie kiss, living happily ever after in the Green Acres Retirement Community. Not a bad clip, although the set was a bit dark and the dance floor a bit sparse. At least it had a moment of genuine romance, which is more than can be said for most of the flicks this week. (**1/2)

In summary, great clip by Will, Andrew and Jason come up with something original, Zach relied too much on Spielberg's themes with no real romance, Adam's clip was an anti-romantic turn off, and Sam's clip was a blatant insult. It looks like Sam or possibly Adam is the next one out.

A Sharnina Production

Agman2 2656 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-13-16, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Bunny Picks of the Week"
That's exactly what I would have said if I had written your post.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •