The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"On The Lot Actors"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

MNgirl 214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-27-07, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MNgirl Click to send private message to MNgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"On The Lot Actors"
Hi everyone! Very long time lurker and first time poster. I didn't see a thread about this and just had to ask...Does anyone else recognize actors in some of these shorts? It's starting to become kind of a game for me to try and pick out who I know. I know for sure Tatiana Ali, Ashley from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, was in the "How To Have A Girl" short. And off the subject for a moment, but couldn't that have also been called "How To Have A Boy" just as much as "How To Have A Girl"? After all, the guy was trying, too! Sorry, but that was bugging me! Anyway, in the caveman short, I recognized the head caveman as Chip from "Kate & Allie". I think his name is Fred something (Koehler, maybe?). Also, in the sperm bank clip, I'm pretty sure the mother was Magda from "There's Something About Mary", without her hideous tan. I don't know her name, though. And the baldish guy in Zach's short sure looks familiar, but I don't know from where. How about you guys? Recognize anyone?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: On The Lot Actors Sunny_Bunny 06-28-07 1
   RE: On The Lot Actors MNgirl 06-28-07 2
       RE: On The Lot Actors Sunny_Bunny 06-28-07 3
           RE: On The Lot Actors MNgirl 06-29-07 7
               RE: On The Lot Actors Sunny_Bunny 06-29-07 8
                   RE: On The Lot Actors MNgirl 06-30-07 9
                       RE: On The Lot Actors Sunny_Bunny 06-30-07 10
                           RE: On The Lot Actors MNgirl 06-30-07 11
                               RE: On The Lot Actors Sunny_Bunny 06-30-07 12
       RE: On The Lot Actors mattben 06-29-07 4
           RE: On The Lot Actors mistyrose52 06-29-07 5
               RE: On The Lot Actors MNgirl 06-29-07 6
 July 9th Cathy the Canadian 07-09-07 13
   RE: July 9th SilverStar 07-09-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-28-07, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
A newbie!! Yay!!

Welcome to the boards, and thanks for coming out of lurkdom for us! I'm sorry I didn't answer this sooner, but I find myself leaping between this show, SYTYCD, and Pirate Master lately. lol

In answer to your question, yes, I have noticed familiar faces in some of the films, but it usually consists of my asking Ra "omg, I've seen him/her before, what has he/she been in?" This of course, usually results in a shurg and a "Idunno" from Ra who's memory is like a sieve. LOL

One I have recognized, and KNOW is a popular working actor was in the film about the miniature golf tournament. I KNOW I have seen one of the sports announcers in a number of films, but can't remember what the films were.

Again, welcome to the boards, hope we see more of you.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-28-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MNgirl Click to send private message to MNgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
LAST EDITED ON 06-28-07 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

Thank you for the welcome!!

I decided to try my first post here because it's a much, shall we say "quieter" forum and I figured I could dip my toe in and give it a try. I'm not the most computer savvy person out there, so it's always made me nervous!

I have enjoyed my many years of lurkerdom and feel like I know many of the longterm posters. First thing I would do after watching one of my favorite reality shows would be to rush to these boards and check out what other people were saying. Such snarky, hilarious reading! I'll sit here laughing out loud and yelling at my husband to "Come here, you gotta read this"! Always makes watching the shows more fun!

I also lurk at SYTYCD and greatly enjoy your posts! Who knows, maybe I'll be brave enough to jump in over there someday, too!

Oh, and back to the thread topic, I didn't recognize anyone in the miniature golf short. I'll have to go back and look again!

Thanks again for the kind welcome!!!

06-28-07, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
LAST EDITED ON 06-28-07 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

"Who knows, maybe I'll be brave enough to jump in over there someday, too!"

Oh please, come on over, we love new people! We have quite a few who have come out of lurkdom over there. I so don't relate to lurking, because I have a rather "leap in where Angels fear to tread" mentality. The people here are very nice, and follow the guidelines so there is never any "drama" to speak of.

Just remember 3 things - Dan is a dream, Tribe is a god, Bullzeye is a dancing hottie.

06-29-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
7. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
Yes, I have seen the incredible hotness that is Bullzeye! That sigpic of his says it all, doesn't it!

It's the people that have always made the board so enjoyable to read and my own lack of computer skills beyond the basic that have kept me from joining in. I didn't even know how to do smileys until I had my kid show me last night! I don't think I could ever figure out how to do a sigpic or bounceys or any of the "cool" stuff. And I still don't get what a bump is (and I have read many a post explaining it)!

From my years of lurking, I know what a vastly different board this is from some others. Most are utter chaos, with people saying incredibly mean things to each other about race, gender, and sexual preference. Wow, some people are just awful! Not here! Here, people are welcoming and tolerant. And very funny! Not to mention the great work the mods do when someone does get out of hand (usually a newbie stopping by for a little "baiting").

I will, of course, continue to read about my favorite shows on here (I also like to visit O.T., which I didn't discover 'til about a year ago). However, your encouraging words just may inspire me to come out of lurkerdom a little more often!

06-29-07, 06:56 PM (EST)
8. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
Ok, I can help you with some of this.

#1. Most of us don't make our own siggies and bouncies; we have them gifted to us by Tribe, Icecat, Serenia, and others who often start "anybody want one" sig threads.

There is currently a license plate thread over at OT that we have all used to create our own siggies. Here is the link to the Plate making site http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

and here is the link to the thread, where post #10 tells you in very user friendly words how to reduce your plate to the 60 pixel maximum. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/28548.shtml

Ok, now on to Emotions and HTML.

When you get to the message window, look above the gray box where you type your message. There are 4 bullets that cover HTML, Images, file upload, and Emotion Icons. When you click on any of them, a popup comes up that tells you what to do.

Hope this helps!

06-30-07, 01:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: On The Lot Actors"

WooHoo!

I can't believe I did it! I have my very own sigpics! I enlisted the help of my 15-year-old DD and together with your wonderful instructions, we figured it out! Well, it was pretty easy for her. Why didn't I think of this sooner! It's like second nature to them!

Thank you so much for all your help! I really didn't think I could ever figure any of this out. Check out my big, bold writing on top- pretty cool, huh? And check this out! Wow, this is fun!

I think you just may be seeing more of me!

...that is if I can remember any of this without her sitting right next to me...

06-30-07, 03:04 AM (EST)
10. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
Hee hee, well done!

you now are fully armed with everything you need to know. Start posting now, and get your DAW points up. hee hee

Oh, and should you ever have other questions, there is also a help forum you can get to by clicking on Off Topic over in the blue links on the left.

Heh heh heh, I've created a monster.

06-30-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: On The Lot Actors"

It's Alive! It's Alive!

Yes, Master...

06-30-07, 05:29 PM (EST)
12. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
The power of posting compels you, the power of posting compels you, the power of posting compels you, the power of posting compels you

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-29-07, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
I'm a hottie at mineature golf.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-29-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
You're SO right about that guy in "Die Hardly Working'-the bald one. I KNOW I've seen him somewhere, maybe a few somewheres, and it's really bugging me!! LOL.

Well, there are worse things in the world to be riddled by, but at the present, I'll take my reality shows!! Welcome, and we'll keep working on who the heck this guy is!

06-29-07, 11:12 AM (EST)
6. "RE: On The Lot Actors"
LOL! I know what you mean about reality shows! We shouldn't care about such things and yet...Oh, well! Whatcha gonna do? It's fun!

Thanks for the welcome and maybe we'll figure him out yet!

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-09-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "July 9th"
I recognized Kimberly Scott in Zach's film - and the guy that played her husband was from a sitcom yeah? Was he in the one with the Urkle character? What was it?

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-07, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: July 9th"
Family Matters. Loved that show.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •