The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-19-07, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Wes Craven will be the guest judge this week.

Who will be eliminated from our last group of five?

Andrew (Polished)
David (Love at First Shot)
Shira Lee (Beeline)
Marty (Dance with the Devil)
Kenny (Edge on the End)

I think Kenny is safe for at least one more round, if only because people are curious to see what he'll do next. If his next film is as incomprehensible as his last two, though, I think he'll be gone.

I wonder if Marty turned viewers off with his cocky attitude.

But I think David will be the one to go. His film was the least interesting, and the least original, IMHO.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Loree 06-19-07 1
 RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Bebo 06-19-07 2
   RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) ulalame 06-20-07 11
 RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) cahaya 06-19-07 3
   RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Cathy the Canadian 06-19-07 5
   RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) ulalame 06-20-07 12
 RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Loree 06-19-07 4
   RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) emydi 06-20-07 14
 Letting the public vote... Cathy the Canadian 06-19-07 6
   RE: Letting the public vote... ulalame 06-20-07 13
       RE: Letting the public vote... Cathy the Canadian 06-20-07 16
 Thank you for listenning to us! Cathy the Canadian 06-19-07 7
   RE: Thank you for listenning to us! cahaya 06-19-07 8
 RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Vixxxen 06-19-07 9
 RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Sunny_Bunny 06-20-07 10
   RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) gumnut 06-21-07 17
       RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Sunny_Bunny 06-21-07 18
           RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) qwertypie 06-23-07 22
               RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) qwertypie 06-23-07 23
       RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Cathy the Canadian 06-22-07 19
           RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) gumnut 06-22-07 20
               RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Sunny_Bunny 06-23-07 21
 Jessica's movie moonbaby 06-20-07 15
 RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) toddE 06-23-07 24
   RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19) Cathy the Canadian 06-25-07 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-07, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Looks like Marty did turn the voters off. Bye Bye Marty.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-07, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Good riddance Marty. I thought he should have been gone last round.

And this round we should finally say bye-bye Jessica. Zach and Will followed up their previous efforts quite nicely.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-20-07, 04:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
I wish he'd gone last time he was up . . . we would have maybe had one of the two more creative female directors in the competition still here.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-07, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Again, hosted by the icy-veined vamp with the ultra-Colgate smile. Although she was wearing a short black negligee (or whatever it was), it had no arousal factor that'd happen with practically anybody else wearing it.

Glass Eye by Will

Interesting concept, tells a story, a bit fun to watch, good shots, might have switched color/b&w the other way. Characterization was a bit cardboard and the lost eye acting/effect totally unconvincing (should have used makeup). (**1/2)

Blood Born by Jason

Sort of other worldish with the "wellroom" and "sickroom" as if a parallel universe or something, but confusing with the story unclear even at the end. What was this about? Abrupt ending. Clues, but little clarity, and rather depressing to watch. (*1/2)

Sunshine Girl by Zach

Yes, a bit sappy, but sweet and fun to watch with pleasant surprises. Unique, magical idea carried through in a complete story, with nice characterization by the girl actor. Well-directed. (****)

Lost by Mateen

A table conversation that really didn't have to happen. Made me wonder why the phone call and the offer to talk. Not really convincing acting, and the guy showed little expression throughout. All scripted talk, no action, didn't hold my interest.(**)

The Orchard by Jessica

Scary to who? I half expected the trees to come alive and wrap the man up in arms of branches - the wicked Wizard of Oz tree was more convincing! Amateurish, with obvious editing effects of otherwise very ordinary shots. (*)

A Sharnina Production

Bye-bye Marty (no loss except to himself), and this week it should be Jessica, possibly Jason.

06-19-07, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
I agree with Cahaya as to Will's actor - he had a hard time keeping his eye closed. It even fluttered open a bit a few times. I didn't really think it was all that funny either - but it was interresting.

Blood Born - I hated the ending. It was too easy in a way. He needed to be more creative. And yeah, don't tell us you want to make possitive films, then show us this depressing story.

Sunshine Girl - agree with judges - hated the music. The girl was really good, which helped the film be good.

Lost - all he needed for this to make sense was to have the GUY call the GIRL and ask to meet. Her calling him was confusing. Why would she? I think he had really strong actors, and they were more impressive than his film making.

The Orchard - This is just so plainly bad, I can't believe Jessica didn't know it was bad. Man, the pregnant pause at the beginning when the guy is looking over the tree, and then... nothing. The whispering tree thing was kind of cool - but it's nothing new.

06-20-07, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Glass Eye was redundant. We already knew that Will could do cute, silent films.

Jason's movie was incomprehensible. For that alone, he deserves to lose.

Zach's was the best of the rest. It was cute and well-produced. Not really a drama without special effects like he promised, but was decent for what it was.

I actually think I would have loved Mateen's film if he'd had a different male lead actor. The female lead was excellent. . . that's probably why he spent all his time focusing in on her. But overall, Mateen's film was weak because of the male lead.

Jessica, jessica, jessica. I wish you'd gone the first week and we could have seen the work of either of the two chicks who went before you, rather THAN you. You are too sophomoric. Experimental has its place. Just not in a competition for "America's Favorite Filmmaker!"

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-07, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
I agreed with the judges. Zach was my fave. And Jessica should go home. I didn't even understand her's. I think Jason must have alot of fans that are attached to this show. Last time I thought his film was about a disabled person rather than a nerd. Yet he had the highest votes in his row of peeps. This time the crowd loved his and booed Carrie for dissing it.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
all 3 top vote getters were in this group weren't they? zach, will and jason?

they really want Jessica gone...that was just plain awful...the tree should have grabbed the saw and hacked off the guy's leg...or better yet go behind camera and get jess

Then to top off the drek she fights with Carrie and then with Wes Craven about what horror is! .did she watch the show last week with Marty and see his philimination like a half hour before?

WooT!! Kenny was safe!! GO VFTW

why don't they just put us out of our misery and give Zach the money? although a million dollars is nothing for a movie...I thought originally it was a prize for the director and then they get a job...but it's a just a million dollars to do a movie...zach the fx guru needs at least 100 x that for it to be up to standards today...

in the next 2 weeks...6 do comedy (wow, we haven't seen that) and horror (how can anyone top Jess tho?) and the ones that haven't done comedies do that and the other 6 do horror....this will be painful...hopefully zach gets horror and we actually see blood

06-19-07, 09:20 PM (EST)
6. "Letting the public vote..."
I think that was a mistake for this show. It's going to turn into a popularity contest, and the film making is going to become secondary.

Spielburg should have been on the panel of judges, and the judges should have made the decision.

At the very least, they could have followed RockStar's formula, and had the public vote, but the final decison still be the judges (like it was the band's in RockStar).

I'm afraid we're going to see someone like Jason or Kenny win, because the public will like them as people, and want to root for the under dog, and the really talented film makers will be sent home.

Then, when they make their big movie (if they do), no one will remember them, and no one will come.

06-20-07, 04:45 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Letting the public vote..."
I agree with you 100%. I've posted this before, but if ever a show called out for "Dancing with the Stars" type voting, this show is it. Limit America's votes, and let them represent half the vote, and the Judges score the other half.

It's ridiculous to have America vote for the best of anything. Given the perameters, America voting for their favorite in a pap-yet-fun summer show like "So You Think You Can Dance," I can live with, but it's the worst extention of democracy that I've ever seen to have America vote for their "favorite" filmmaker. Especially when the winner will get 1M. But then, maybe they will let the show run long enough for Zach to win~

How are they actually going to divide the teams into Comedy and Horror for the next two weeks? They didn't tell us that, and how they do it could be so F-ed up. And why didn't they have Wes Craven as the "guest" judge for the Horror week? He was wasted this week.

I give this show my vote for the most ill-conceived reality show ever.

06-20-07, 03:53 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Letting the public vote..."
Yeah, I also wonder how they will decide who gets comedy and who gets horror. To do comedy well is friggin' hard! It's much easier to scare someone than to make them laugh.

Why give them a theme at all? Why not continue letting them decide what stories they want to tell?

06-19-07, 09:22 PM (EST)
7. "Thank you for listenning to us!"
And knocking off the stupid American Idol impression! I was so happy they just announced Marty's departure with little fanfare. Keep it up!

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-07, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Thank you for listenning to us!"
The vamp still needs to shorten that pre-announcement silence though. It's totally still cam and dead air what seems like a full 15 seconds (although it's probably closer to 8-10). More a yawn than reaching some kind of climax.

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-19-07, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-07 AT 00:29 AM (EST)

1. Zach definitely had the best movie. He is the most gifted director of these 5 in all areas.

2. Enjoyed Will's glass eye movie. Quite original. The actor wasn't very good though when he slapped himself and lost the eye...that was lame. I didn't make the connection with the guy seeing thru the eye on the floor at first (director's fault- they said it should have been b/w to differentiate). Had some funny moments.

3. Jason, while the story was interesting I thought the ending ruined it. He's trying to preach about no drugs or violence because he's Christian and what does he have in his movie? Admirable yet his movie seemed to glorify it to me.

4. Mateen has no visual style especially if he is told by directors to make it a movie not a soap opera. His script was nothing new and boring.

5. Jessica is still too new to directing as I think she is just out of school. Her movie was soooo bad. I kept hoping the tree would grab the man's saw and start cutting him up...but...no...nothing gory or exciting...anything exciting just give me some horrific bloody scenes. She just relied on a ordinary shots and creepy music (if you can call it creepy). Awful. I think she's toast.

How about a Female movie director in the judging chair? Penny Marshall, Jodie Foster, Nora Ephron, Jane Campion. I bet they would have great constructive criticism to offer.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-07, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-07 AT 03:05 AM (EST)

Ah, and now another episode of “On the Lot:” the show that goes to great lengths to show viewers that even Mark Burnett can have a really bad idea, and that Steven Spielberg will run away faster than a teamster runs toward green room donuts when the chips are down.

First up, a hostess dressed for her real gig; On The Casting Couch.” I mean really, the second Ra saw her he told me that her dress just screamed “easy access,” and told me I needed a dress just like that the next time we go off on one of our weekend jaunts.

Next, Uncle Foreshadow shows us a group gripe session, led by Marty. “Just who do these people think they are?” he scoffs, reminding us again about how brilliant his vision is. Oh I don’t know Marty – how about 3 successful people who have survived, prospered, and worked in the business you are attempting to break into? At least the production gods are with viewers tonight; we only have to sit through one 11 second pregnant pause before the guy who believes he is on the fast track to usurping King Stevens crown is given the hook.

Now on to the next 5 movies, which proved to be just as dismal a group as the previous weeks offerings.

Bunny’s pics for the week:

1. Sunshine girl. Zach gives us a cute, heartwarming story of an innocent child who proves that she really IS the center of the universe when she pulls the sun out of the sky, tries to use it to color the sun in her picture, and promptly looses it under her bed.

2. Glass Eye. Will answers that age old question: What would happen if a glass eye was suddenly set free from the bondage of it’s human slave master? I liked this movie, but agreed with Gary that the black and white world should have been the world of the glass eye. The actor was mediocre, but the editing actually helped to play that fact down.

3. Blood Born. Jason spends his entire bio telling us that he is a good Christian, with good Christian values. He drones on like a bad commercial about how movies don’t have to have sex and violence in them to be good. Of course, his movie begins with sepia toned cut shots of a drug addict. Enter the Doctor telling said drug addict that he is really a miracle whose drug filled blood actually saves lives. We are then treated to Miracle Man leaving the clinic feeling redeemed and getting gunned down. Drug related? Sure it is – the doctors and pharmacists paid some thug to kill the miracle cure who could put them out of business. At least I think that was the point – come to think of it, when asked, Jason couldn’t even explain the point of this movie.

4. Lost. Great title, Mateen. The plot was lost, the motivation was lost, the actors were lost, and the viewers and judges were lost with this movie. Where was the payoff? Where was the story arc? Why should we care that some broad called some guy up so she could meet him in a café someplace and “stick it to him” that she had finally found and married a guy better than he had ever been? Why should we care as she droned on using clichés such as “first and foremost” while proving herself a redundant hag out to rip his heart out with a spoon? And, why should we care that this guy whose woman dumped him 6 months ago and hasn’t contacted him since would come to this meeting armed with an engagement ring?

5. The Orchard. Why, oh why didn’t you use the branches to twine around the guy like a cage, grab the saw, and start hacking away? You set us up for it with the heavy breathing, the pointy twigs on the branches sticking up, and great pov shots! The least you could have done was have the tree twitch, fall over, and kill the guy! Instead, you let the guy walk away with the saw!

Oh, and Jessica; you should have taken into account that the last person to stamp his feet and whine that the judges were old hacks with absolutely no understanding of film making wound up getting the hook at the beginning of the show. Way to go, showing a horror film with no horror to the King of horror films, and then telling him he didn’t understand horror stories.

ETA my sigpic, which is far more scary than The Orchard

gumnut 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-21-07, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gumnut Click to send private message to gumnut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Hi Everyone, this is my first post.

Jessica has absolutely no creativity talent. We saw that in her “Light Bulb” attempt, and now the “Orchard”. Going to film school does not make everyone a Director.

During the showing of the Orchard, even my golden retriever growled “Why doesn’t the branch of the tree grab the tree cutter” (wuf, wuf, wuf)?

For goodness sake, the entire orchard could have come to life and chased the man to his doom. The man’s legs could have turned into a tree, with roots channeling into the ground, keeping him in the orchard, awaiting the next victim. Anything!

I am also not going to nitty pick about why a beautiful tree, in blossom, in a huge orchard, needed to be cut!

Love Zach. He has the talent.

06-21-07, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
A newbie!! Yay!!

Nice to meet you.

"For goodness sake, the entire orchard could have come to life and chased the man to his doom."

And what a great idea! The movie was called The Orchard why not use the entire orchard?

And I agree with you, why on earth would you be chopping down a perfectly healthy tree, when the blossoms indicate that it would eventually bare fruit?

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-07, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
LOL - Sunny Bunny I thought the same thing (why prune healthy branches?).

Now, what would have been really great, was to change this into a comedic horror -- using shots like a cliched horror movie and show green sap (OK, I know sap isn't really green), oozing, spurting, splattering as if another horny teen got the heck whacked out of him at the haunted campground.
Or showing logs getting burned with lots of screaming. Or have the pruner taking a knife out and slowing whittle a branch he cut off. Or show a tent caterpillar infestation. Or a box of toothpicks.

I can visualize the movie in my head.

This could have been the perfect short for next week for either the comedy or horror.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
OOH! OOH! OOH! And show some stupid teen carving his initials into the trunk.
And have a shot of people ripping fruit from the tree and gorging themselves (and show a shot of their faces messy and dripping with fruit goo)

I am getting way too into this

06-22-07, 04:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-07 AT 04:21 PM (EST)

Let me be the first second to welcome you to the boards Gumnut! This is a really nice community - you'll like it here!

So, yeah, I'm really starting to wonder how Jessica even got on the show. Has anyone seen her audition tape? This couldn't possibly have been it, could it?

gumnut 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-22-07, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gumnut Click to send private message to gumnut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Thanks for the nice welcomes from Sunny Bunny and Cathy the Canadian. I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to take the jump and make a comment.

06-23-07, 01:10 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
Well then, you really need to come over to the Off Topic board, get your crap basket, and increase your DAW count!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Jessica's movie"
If I had been there watching it live I would have been laughing so hard I'd cry. Too too terrible, LOL!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-23-07, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
I like the idea of the show. I don't like the Idol-style voting, but I guess it's fair since directors have to make a profit to survive.

It is poorly executed, like everyone says. It seems haphazard. Like they're rushing to get the show out, but since there is very little "live" element, that should not be the case.

For example, wtf with showing their audition movies at this point? Shouldn't that have been the very first episode? And, although I actually kind of agree with them, if these audition tapes are so crappy, why were these guys chosen?

Also, as I read elsewhere, why do they also have to write their own scripts? No wonder the results are generally disappointing. If they're aspiring directors, don't make them write. If they want to rewrite the scripts they're given...fine.

Start with the auditions, then give either give everyone the same script to direct, or have them choose scripts a la Rockstar. Audience votes bottom 3 or 2, judges choose (again like Rockstar). Have guest directors match genres each week.

Finally, I think I'd prefer Jess to stay over Jason, since at least her idea was good. But OTOH, she did Ffff it up. Jason's whole gig is unappealing to me, though.

06-25-07, 10:15 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Final 15 Episode 3 (June 19)"
I completely agree. This needed to follow Rockstar's format - not stupid American Idol's.

I like the idea of everyone getting the same script. it would be interesting to see all the different interpretations, and it would really give the non-cinephiles in the audience a lesson in just what a director does.

I also agree that expecting them to write as well as direct is a bit much. At the very least, they could give them loglines to follow. This is how they could have followed the Rockstar format - instead of songs, log-lines.

I'm still wondering (as I said somewhere above) how the heck they're going to decide who gets comedy and who gets horror next week. Maybe they'll finally do it like Rockstar and let them decide? Yeah, probably not.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •