The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A commercial for Ford"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

What a crock 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-18-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail What%20a%20crock Click to send private message to What%20a%20crock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A commercial for Ford"
Come on, hasn't any one noticed that this show is just a huge drop in ad for Ford products. Previously we had "When two worlds collide" Cave man meets new world folks and zooms around in a Ford crap can Mustang while the passengers admire the stereo and plush interior. Last night we were exposed to a cop and and a sales man from Ford zooming around with the same drop in comments about cup holders and performance. All the while the Ford logo was displayed front and center.

What a bunch of BS. It's just another example of marketing media types finding away to drop more ads into a time slot. I don't for a second think this is a real competition and the winner was decided before the first episode was launched.

What held me in interest now disgusts me and I will watch it no more

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A commercial for Ford Sunny_Bunny 07-18-07 1
 RE: A commercial for Ford mattben 07-18-07 2
   RE: A commercial for Ford What a crock 07-18-07 3
       RE: A commercial for Ford Snidget 07-18-07 4
           RE: A commercial for Ford What a crock 07-19-07 6
               RE: A commercial for Ford Sunny_Bunny 07-22-07 7
                   RE: A commercial for Ford mattben 07-22-07 8
                       RE: A commercial for Ford Agman2 09-04-15 13
                   RE: A commercial for Ford cahaya 07-24-07 9
                       RE: A commercial for Ford Sunny_Bunny 07-24-07 10
               RE: A commercial for Ford Agman2 09-04-15 14
               RE: A commercial for Ford Agman2 12-09-15 16
 RE: A commercial for Ford cahaya 07-18-07 5
 RE: A commercial for Ford BlueLies 08-08-07 11
 RE: A commercial for Ford Agman2 03-23-15 12
 RE: A commercial for Ford Agman2 09-04-15 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sunny_Bunny 5596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-18-07, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Awwwwwwwww Crock, I hope this doesn't mean you will never post again. We like new people here at RTVW!

I agree that this show is in it's death throes, which is a shame since so many of us thought this was a great idea.

These are last nights ratings:

#1: America's Got Talent (#1: 6.0/11 at 8:00 p.m.; #1: 6.6/12 at 8:30 p.m.; #1: 7.0/12 at 9:00 p.m.)
#2: NCIS (R) (#2: 5.2/10 at 8:00 p.m.; #2: 5.4/9 at 8:30 p.m.)
#3: Just for Laughs (series debut) (5.0/9 at 8:00 p.m.) / Just for Laughs (5.3/9 at 8:30 p.m.)
#4: On the Lot (1.5/3 at 8:00 p.m.; 1.5/3 at 8:30 p.m.)
#5: Gilmore Girls (R) (1.0/2 at 8:00 p.m.; 1.0/2 at 8:30 p.m.)

Pulling in a 1 5/3 rating is not going to help keep it on the air. But there are plenty of other reality shows you can come help us snark!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-18-07, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Crock, that's how advertisers get around us fast-fowarding commercials. Product Placement. Live w/ it.

Which car would you have preferred be in all these shots?

I still remember Suvivor Outback's Tina's mantra: "Doritos!" like it was a prayer.

07-18-07, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail What%20a%20crock Click to send private message to What%20a%20crock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
I guess that's why I am so disappointed about it. The premise was great and to find out what it's really all about sucks. I mean you are always going to get drop advertising but this is different. The whole show is a lie.

I hope this is not a new trend.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Product placement is not a new trend, it has been around for quite awhile and infuses a lot of shows.

It does seem to be happening more and more, but I'm shocked this is the first time you've noticed it. It can be pretty blatant.

07-19-07, 08:56 AM (EST)
6. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
>Product placement is not a new
>trend, it has been around
>for quite awhile and infuses
>a lot of shows.
>It does seem to be happening
>more and more, but I'm
>shocked this is the first
>time you've noticed it.
>It can be pretty blatant.
>

Sigh, Once again I am aware of product placement. That is not what I am complaining about as this goes way beyond product placement. This show is supposed to be about a competition where in competitors create movies and are judged accordingly. The fact that Ford is sponsoring the movie created means that the movie is influenced and is not real. This is a lie. Also after it's played the judges critique it like it's real. This is a lie. The presenter stands there accepting the critique like it's real. This is a lie. The fact the all of this goes on means that the entire show, it's concept, and the people involved are all players in a marketing ploy and it's all fake.

If you all are happy being played like this all the best to you.

07-22-07, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
"This show is supposed to be about a competition where in competitors create movies and are judged accordingly. The fact that Ford is sponsoring the movie created means that the movie is
influenced and is not real. This is a lie."

First of all, Andrew could have used ANY car dealership, or even a used car dealership, and the film would STILL have had enough plot holes to drive a Ford/Chevy/Dodge van through. The fact that we all couldn't miss the Ford product placement does not make this a bad film; bad continuity, acting, pacing, and editing problems made this a mediocre film. The only thing that might not be "real" in this, is that he chose a car that was not up to snuff when used in a pursuit. But again, how many action films do you go to, where you are not suspending reality?

"Also after it's played the judges critique it like it's real. This is a lie. The presenter stands there accepting the critique like it's real. This is a lie."

1. Reality tv is scripted. That's not lying, that's just reality tv. You can't call it lying when they actually name a writer in the credits. All the reality tv shows have writers credits at the end of the show, and more importantly, EDITORS.

2. The judges DO critique the films, their mouths are moving and everything. The fact that judges say some stupid stuff (and they do) does not mean that the critique is fake -- its just stupid.

3. The presenter stands there and accepts it, and they DO listen. Will actually put dialog in his last film, Hilary paid attention to details the judges said she was missing in hers, and Mateen very definitely stepped away from his penchant for "black hood message films" this week. So how is the critique a lie?

"The fact the all of this goes on means that the entire show, it's concept, and the people involved are all players in a marketing ploy and it's all fake."

Well, the first rule in television is "make money." It's the rule for ANYTHING we watch on TV. So yeah, marketing is a big deal to these people. However, the directors who got involved in this show were not "played" by the show itself. If anything, their work has suffered not due to some rather bad movies, but from the producers not really thinking the production of this show through, deciding that the AI format would work for this type of show, choosing questionable judges, and hiring a hostess that may be talented on CNN, but is not right for this job. They also should have really, really looked into the demographic audience for this show, which I believe is very selective and small. And lastly, they were relying on the names Burnett and Spielberg to overshadow the obvious problems with the show.

But don't say that the contestants on this show are "fake" they were people looking to find an "in" in a very competitive field.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-07, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
I've always liked to nibble on the green.

Agman2 1343 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-15, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
dude, I heard you got banned. Is that true?

cahaya 19293 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Now, that's the Siskel I know.

A Sharnina Production

07-24-07, 08:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
hee hee, all this fawning is going to go to my head.

09-04-15, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Man, your post is such a crock.

12-09-15, 11:40 AM (EST)
16. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Crock, your posts are a lie dude.

cahaya 19293 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-07, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Well, as I said in my reviews for this week:

This was a blatant Ford in-show advert that's even more overt than the ones you see in American Idol. I hate to say it, but modern Fords (even Mustangs) aren't that good in chases. To begin with, the suspension needs more work for fast cornering. I'll take a '68 Charger RT/440 4-barrel or the '68 Mustang GT390 any day of the week (fast as a Bullitt, if you're a serious car chase flick fan).

"We pay cash." Yeah, right, as if I've got $39,000 handy to fork over for a 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500, and that's without the options - like this flick. Minus half a star because it's a lame 3-minute Ford commercial.

A Sharnina Production

Product placements are so pervasive, they've become invisible to my eyes.

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-08-07, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-07 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

It is disappointing when they do a mega saturation of ads when there is probably only 30 to 40 minutes of the program anyway. It ends up having a reverse effect for the advertiser when they end up alienating the viewer. It also ends up looking like major pimping, pimping the show, pimping the producers, pimping the product, then you have to look at who really profits the most from this type of set up... Fox is the only one left.

03-23-15, 04:24 PM (EST)
12. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
Crock, have you considered drinking Decaf? Just sayin'

09-04-15, 02:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: A commercial for Ford"
I don't watch it anymore either!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •