The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Suns For Fun"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Pirate Master Forum (Protected)
Original message

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-21-07, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Suns For Fun"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-07 AT 01:45 AM (EST)

Art by Jennifer Garant is intended as a representation only
The configuration of your hostess may vary
Yoo-hoo Y’all!

I do believe that I actually see personalities aboard and adrift of Mr. Burnett’s got-up rental, after all! So, please slip into your favorite swimwear (there be no clothing-optional beaches on this island, Mon!) and join me on a port excursion that combines two of the Caribbean’s most popular diversions: the determined consumption of complimentary rum-and-whatevers and the desultory dissection of the quaint psyches and scenic ids of total strangers and instant intimates.

And how better to slice and dice the fortunes, foibles and fates of our passing-by pirates than with the Caribbean’s (and the world’s) most popular social scalpel?

So …

There are twelve Sun Signs. Each with its own signal behaviors and elemental temperament: Earth, Water, Fire or Air.

Internally, the natives of a Sign and Element are said to be compatible with one another.

Externally, the emotional Water Signs (Cancer, Pisces and Scorpio) and the practical Earth Signs (Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo) are said to compliment each other. And the intellectual Air Signs (Aquarius, Gemini and Libra) and the physical Fire Signs (Aries, Leo and Sagittarius) are reputed to do the same.

An example: The intra-element compatibility of Messieurs Burnett (Water/Cancer), Daddo (Water/Pisces) and Probst (Water/Scorpio).

Earth/Water and Fire/Air natives are, as a broad rule, considered to be incompatible with one another.

Some ‘Yes, I know! But it won’t last!’ illustrations of just how broad that rule can be: Rob (Earth/Capricorn) and Amber (Fire/Leo); George (Water/Cancer) and Dickie (Air/Aquarius); Bill (Fire/Leo) and Hill (Water/Scorpio); Julie (Fire/Sagittarius) and Jeff (Water/Scorpio).

Now, let’s see what the Admiral tends to do with those lucky ‘ol Sun Signs and what they tend to do for him, shall we?

In the fourteen completed seasons of Survivor and in this inaugural season of Pirate Master, he has cast to the three precise formulas observed in the chart that I’ve just now placed on your tabletop.

To locate it, please look below to your starboard elbow and then forward to your starboard forearm. Forward of the starboard forearm you should now see your starboard hand. And within it a rum concoction.

Now, slowly look aloft. Ahoy!

Note: The seasons’ winners are denoted in the columns' starboard and port corners. Midship column corners display the number of Survivors at F4.

About the first formula – a 50%/50% split of the two sets of complimentary Elements:

In two of those four seasons, this split produced a 2 – 2 split of the Final Four. And a Fire/Air winner.

In Amazon, this split provided the Fire and Air Signs a 3 – 1 Final Four majority. Jenna (Air/Aquarius) won.

In Vanuatu, this split provided the Earth and Water Signs a 3 – 1 Final Four majority. Chris (Earth/Virgo) won.

And the Admiral hasn’t cast a 50%/50% split, since.

About the second and third formulas – a 56%/44% or a 60+%/30+% prejudicial split of the two sets of complimentary Elements:

In two of these ten seasons, the prejudicial split produced a 2 – 2 split of the Final Four. A native of the initial majority was the Sole Survivor in both of these seasons.

In seven of these ten seasons, the prejudicial split produced a 3 – 1 split of the Final Four favorable to the initial majority. A native of the initial majority was the Sole Survivor in five of these seasons.

In one of these ten seasons, the prejudicial split produced a 4 – 0 split of the Final Four favorable to the initial majority. A native of the initial majority was the Sole Survivor of this season.

The surprise endings: In Outback and Cook Islands, Tina (Earth/Capricorn) and Yul (Air/Aquarius) overcame 3-1 Final Four splits favorable to the seasons' initial majorities to become the series' only two minority Sole Survivors.

Overall, that’s an 80% prejudicial-selection-to-preferred-result success rate. Not a shabby percentage, I would think, in the ‘reality’ game.

And that is a percentage that should, perhaps, cause some of us to rethink our assessment of Cao Boi’s acumen. Sometimes “What’s your Sign?” may be more than mere picnic piffle or boarding banter. I don’t mean to suggest, however, that reassessments of John’s acuity might also be in order. There are Aries and there are Aries. John is a boor. A dissembler. And an idiot.

I am, though, grateful to him for initiating what I consider to be the season’s most entertaining interlude to date. Until the Ghosts' discovery that John had lost their key to gold and glory, the crab race was my hands-down favorite for the series’ Best Comedic Sequence Award. Although, for its power to conjure the hilarious vision of James’ mid-challenge withdrawal into his skirt, Alexis’ mesmerizing mid-expedition splash to solitude was a close second.

Ah! Crabs and Cancer all, you just have to love them!

So, as Tina and Yul proved, it is possible to beat the odds on the Barque that Burnett leased. And the good news for Louie, Christa and Ben is that two of the three Survivor seasons that began with a 56%/44% split favorable to their Fire and Air adversaries produced even Final Four splits. And the third was Outback.

The bad news is that two Cancer and a Pisces do not a Capricorn make. And the Admiral has seen to it that there are none handy to command a counterattack. But, we’ll get to that in a moment.

Because I've just had a thought. And if you'll help yourself to another rum-and-parasol, I'd like to share it with those of the group still conscious:

I liked the infusion of fresh-yet-familiar faces that accompanied the return of the Ghosts. Bobbing them about on too-cute little flatboats is a terrible waste of perfectly good riffraff.

And I think that it would lend validity to the Master in Pirate Master (and make a terrific finale-and-reunion-in-one) if the last two grand pirates standing were each required to command a seven-member Ghost Crew on a last, grand expedition.

$500,000 to the winning Captain. $10,000 apiece to each of the winning crew.

Unless (I prefer a dash of the diabolical with my deliriums), the Captain, when given the golden opportunity to do so on-camera, chooses to divide the spoils ... evenly.

Now. Where were we?

Ah, yes. The dearth of Capricorn in Dominica …

The formulated apportionment of complimentary Elements is, of course, merely the foundational scheme from which, for season after season, Survivor’s production staff fashion one-off milieus. If a season’s casting mix has ever been repeated – Sun Sign for Sun Sign – I have yet to identify the copy.

And I don’t think that there has been a better example of a Burnett production team’s talent for the manipulation of personalities than Pirate Master’s maiden voyage.

They had only just begun to fix the mix when three of the Signs that serve to stabilize and democratize social groups – the managerial Capricorn (Earth), the workaholic Taurus (Earth) and the uncommonly tolerant Aquarius (Air) – were not invited on the voyage. So that in the beginning (port side) and now (starboard side) Pirate Master looked, and looks, like this:

For instance, one of the first things that you’ll notice is that setting Sean adrift has the feel of redundancy about it. Those who believe that ‘No man is an island’ haven't seen the PM casting chart!

But, I think that we’ll leave it there for now. I’ve kept you lovely people far too long as it is. And I’m certain that when we next meet we’ll have some time to explore several of the other ways that the Admiral and his staff have rigged Pirate Master’s proverbial sails. But I hope, now that we’ve gotten the introductory tedium out of the way, that we can spend most of our time from now on as I've said: slicin' and dicin' the fortunes, foibles and fates of our passing-by pirates. They’re much too busy cussin’ each other to notice that our slightly tipsy group is talking about them. And besides, we’re on vacation. We're never going to see those people again!

In the meantime, we’ll no doubt see each other here and about town long enough to chat for a moment or two about the rapscallions in our midst.

But I do feel the need to voice this caveat before we adjourn:

Pirate Master is not Survivor. The social climates are dramatically different.

And, because of the presence of the professional crew of the Picton Castle throughout filming and the pirates’ extensive interaction with the real-world universe of extraordinarily talented and dedicated people for whom exceptional performance and incredible experience are the norm – one with a value system diametrically opposed to the self-centric rules of the game being played aboard the ship – and because of the multiple and conflicting roles that the pirates were expected to assume, I am not thoroughly convinced that the data developed from Survivor – a show that divides its contestants into small groups; isolates those small groups; allows them few distractions from the game; and that has not yet, that I can recall, imposed role-playing upon them – can be trusted to apply to Pirate Master.

However, evidently Mr. Burnett felt confidently enough that the data could be relied upon to cast according to formula and to revisit the Fiji Have/Have Not theme.

I have the tab. If y’all will get the tip?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Suns For Fun Georgianna 08-07-07 1
 Yarrr foonermints 08-07-07 2
   RE: Yarrr Georgianna 08-08-07 3
       RE: OK foonermints 08-09-07 4
           RE: OK mattben 08-10-07 5
               RE: Nope! foonermints 08-10-07 6
                   RE: Nope! Sunny_Bunny 08-12-07 7
                       RE: Nope! foonermints 08-13-07 8
           RE:Foonermints, Bunny and Mattben Georgianna 08-13-07 9
 RE: Suns For Fun Georgianna 08-14-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-07-07, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Suns For Fun"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-07 AT 07:39 PM (EST)

Art by Jennifer Garant is intended as a representation only
Yoo-hoo Y’all!

Well, the doldrums do seem to have arrived in our little port, don’t they? The Picton Castle and her out-rigged bobbers have been shanghaied to a far harbor in the Innertube Islands by a pusillanimous band of ethical pygmies (by the smell of their wake, Manhattan-bred to their last rotten little soul) just when we were beginning to ‘appreciate’ the quirks and connivances of the characters aboard and abaft her.

But I propose that we pour another round of eye-openers, board our beach chairs, raise our umbrellas and carry on with the solemn tasks at hand.

The suns are still getting up in the east, so to speak. And, having sailed their swift and stalwart ships through dark of night and deadly shoals, we have superb buffer-runners (and keen narrators) returning from within the enemy’s anchorage, as we speak.

My goodness! Other than the opportunity to observe as the lot of the 52nd Street dandies are hanged from a yardarm in Nova Scotia, what more could vicarious social scientists ask?

Now, when last we met, there were eight Pirates still pursuing fame and fortune in Dominica (another maritime political entity that is, I would think, thoroughly disenchanted with CBS’ notion of fair play). And having lost the fiery Azmyth (Sagittarius) and airy Nessa (Libra) to dagger and sword, now there are six: evenly divided as to compatible elements (Earth/Water and Fire/Air).

The lone Earth native (Sean/Virgo) having long ago become no more than a knot on a processed log, they are:

The ‘Emotional’ Water Signs
Christa and Louie – Cancer
Ben – Pisces

vs

The ‘Physical’ Fire Sign and the ‘Intellectual’ Air Signs
Laurel – Aries
Jay – Libra and Kendra – Gemini

And the rumor is, that as fate would have it, those are the Black and Red Crews of Episode Eleven’s (and Vince3’s) “3 on 3 battle to the death”.

There is also a dastardly rumor floating about that would have Jay betray his Crew and Element mates in order to maintain his superior position in the game.

Absurd! A facile Libra with his eyes on the prize and a seduced cadre eager to hand it to him? Never! …

And another that an eavesdropping Kendra betrays him.

A two-faced, tattletale Gemini! Imagine that! ...

So, I do hope that those are friendly sails bearing the latest scuttlebutt that I see on the horizon. I also hope to be back later today or tomorrow with complete profiles for all of our exclusive (to sixteen) Pirates. I’ve always wanted to be a charter member of a cult.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-07, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Yarrr"
Something fell by the port bow, but I blame the rum.

*rubs Lantean skull*

08-08-07, 05:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Yarrr"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-07 AT 05:56 AM (EST)

" ... but I blame the rum."

Rum is often convenient that way.

"rubs Lantean skull"

Gently, I hope?

08-09-07, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: OK"
This whole thresd scares the weejus out of me, because I can't understand a single damn thing about it. All that lovely energy and time spent on it, and I am as thick as a brick. *cues Jethro Tull*
This is alternately good and bad. Good? = My alternate reality thinking is challenged by being forced into a dark, horrible, blind place where all it wants to do is pee. Peeing is good. Bad? = I'm going to read, read and read this again and again and again until I'm in a blind rum-and-chicken rage. Then It'll be next Monday morning and I'll have to go to work with a headache.

Your KukulGod is Fitzy!

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-10-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OK"
fooner, I'm with you on this claptrap.

But I'll take the rum and the Sunny.

08-10-07, 08:43 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Nope!"
I wouldn't call it claptrap. It's just thinking and referencing things in a way I don't understand. Lots of people take this either seriously or for fun, and I'd just like to educate myself a bit on how it works. I lvoe these boards because the peeps think in such different ways than my dopey brain. Heck, on some points I'm even starting to agree with Geg6. THAT's worrisome.

Believe in Your KukulGod!
It's the weekend, Kukulgod can only give you tequila.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-07, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nope!"
I have to agree with you Fooner. This obviously took a lot of work to do, but I seem to be having a blind spot in parsing it into something I can understand.

Let's you, me, and Mattben partake in a few margaritas. Maybe that will make it easier to understand.

08-13-07, 00:46 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Nope!"
Wheeeeee!

08-13-07, 11:03 PM (EST)
9. "RE:Foonermints, Bunny and Mattben"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-07 AT 00:52 AM (EST)

Art by Jennifer Garant is intended to be a representation only
I am so embarrassed!

It would seem that I’ve been caught with my ample procrastination showing, wouldn't it?

I apologize.

Perhaps if I had gotten the Sun Sign profiles to which I’ve referred to the group much sooner, I wouldn’t have driven all of you to excessive drink and copious aspirin.

Although, I have to say, Fooner, that as headaches go, you’ve given as good as you’ve gotten:

'Cause, I developed a massive one trying to solve the riddle and still don’t know what “fell by the port bow”. But, I’m grateful that you’re willing to blame the rum for the incident. As I’ve said, it’s wonderfully handy as an excuse for just about anything.

Then, because I depend on CNN for my Science Fiction, I had no idea what a “Lantean” was or why on earth you would want to rub its skull. Fortunately, as it does all things, the Internet knew both. But, by the time I had found my answers in labyrinthine galaxies too far, far away for my plebian tastes, my head was splitting again.

So, hoping to forestall a lot by saying a little, I did.

Then, I got Jethro Tull and Thick As A Brick. With a “KukulGod” named (or having the attributes of) “Fitzy” thrown in for good measure.

Now, I’m old, relatively. I think of Aloha From Hawaii as a ‘rock classic’. But the Internet recognized both the artists and the album you mentioned. Unfortunately, I was hopelessly sober when it did. And now, I am much older, relatively. That stuff will age you years. Overnight.

So, here it is Monday night. And I hope you’ll understand when I say that I think I’m just going to skip the KukulGod and Fitzy searches in favor of trying to explain ‘how’ Astrologic personality profiling ‘works’ for my very limited purpose. And, with any luck, earn forgiveness and a yummy margarita in the process …

As do most casting offices and human resource departments, Mark Burnett’s psychological gurus use personality profiling as a tool in their recruitment, selection and placement processes in order to implement … plans.

And, I’ve worked for over four decades in sales environments that ooze personality profiling in order to implement … plans.

And, having by then taken literally dozens of the ‘tests’ that result in those type-indicating profiles, years ago I began to be aware of just how closely those results mirrored hoary and much maligned – but still universally familiar and utilized – Sun Sign descriptions.

*In fact, I began to notice that in many instances, the Astrologic profiles were much more accurate in their descriptions of my friends’ and coworkers’ intrinsic traits and behavioral patterns than were those generated by ‘scientific’ self-reporting mechanisms.

So, when halfway through Survivor: Palau I began to notice how stereotypically the contestants portrayed their Signs, I began watching their interactions from that perspective and compiling rudimentary data on the Signs’ performances within the Game. An interesting viewpoint and amusing pastime that CBS encourages by providing the players’ birthdates in addition to their ages.

For instance (in the ‘interesting viewpoint’ category):

Cao Boi and Cristina (Cook Islands) were ‘interesting to begin with. But it was even more fun to watch the unique accomplishment of the two knowing that they were both Aries. Because, without any consultation whatever, this “adventurous, ambitious, impulsive and enthusiastic”/”argumentative, headstrong, quick-tempered and easily-offended” duo of complete strangers managed to “annoy” the hell out of two different camps dominated by conformists with such precise coordination that they walked (double-booted) into the same good night.

But what you’ve seen so far in my contributions to the thread has been, principally, the ‘amusing pastime’:

Seen through the prism of the Signs’ Elements (essential natures), Survivor casting compositions become repetitive formulas (**by whatever Type Indicator derived) too precisely skewed to be natural, incidental or coincidental -- the birth rates per month in the United States are essentially flat.

So, I think that it is challenging, and fun, to look at the data in an attempt to ‘predict’ the producers' plan for the Season, the Game’s edit and its outcome. For instance:

For Pirate Master it’s possible to look at all of the prejudicially cast Survivor Seasons and say that the odds overwhelmingly favored a win by a Fire or Air native (nine of the sixteen members of the cast) at the Game’s beginning and still do.

And then to look at the data for those particular Seasons featuring 56% to 44% splits in favor of the Fire and Air natives and say that the odds overwhelmingly favored a 2/2 split of the Complementary Elements at the Game’s beginning and still do. So that the Final Four should be Jay, Laurel, and two of Christa, Ben and Louie and that the Pirate Master should be Jay or Laurel.

Something that everyone doesn’t, by now, already ‘know’? Well, with the exception of the fact that virtually no one is breathing Laurel’s name and Pirate Master in the same breath, No.

But, if the edit has been truly disingenuous and Jay doesn’t become the victor, I think that she stands a better chance at the coat (there is bound to be a really camp coat in the deal) and the money than do any of the three Water Signs still in the Game.

Although …

The odds are just that … odds. And, as I pointed out in my first post, there is that upset win in Outback to consider.

And the fundamental differences in social environments that may make Survivor data irrelevant.

And, this really great analysis of Ben’s chances by CT Girl.

So, perhaps now is a good time to review Daddo’s comments regarding the five remaining Pirates:

Jay (Libra): "blue collar, working class pirate" "feels his crew will be easy prey in his plan to control from the inside."

Laurel (Aries): "hippie chick who will not conform and who's tough to read and impossible to manipulate."

Ben (Pisces): “Beneath the Southern charm is a cunning, junior pirate,"

Christa (Cancer): "there for adventure," "determined to win to provide for her daughter."

Louie (Cancer): "A big, loud, jolly, bearded pirate," "He's everyone's friend with a sense of justice while still being out for all that he can get."

*Please note that my assesment of the validity of Sun Sign profiling vis a vis other personality typing methods is only one woman’s very amateur opinion. Beyond my vague familiarity with the broad concepts and historic importance of Astrology I know virtually nothing about the complex art/science. And less about the foundations supporting its counterparts. In short: I am not an Astrologer or a Psychologist.

However, when the Sun Sign Profiles appear later tonight (and, unless something totally unexpected happens, they will), if you have some time, read your brief Sun Sign synopsis and/or a lengthier version at Astrology Guidance and then visit Wikipedia for a discussion of one of the more popular Jung-based ‘tests’ Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the TypeLogic site where you’ll find descriptions of the sixteen MBTI profiles and (by clicking on Is there a Test?) have the opportunity to take one and view the results.

Compare that/those profile(s) with your Astrologic one. Objectively. And report back …

I wouldn’t want it said that I didn’t give Mattben a choice: A. Claptrap laced with psychological doublespeak or B. Claptrap embroidered with dubious myth.

**It really doesn’t matter what specific ‘test’ or ‘tests’ that Burnett and Company use(s) to vet its contestants: so long as it (or they) so closely mimic Sun Sign profiles that the latter produce definitive and reliable casting patterns.

08-14-07, 10:01 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Suns For Fun"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-07 AT 00:00 AM (EST)

Art by Jennifer Garant is intended to be a representation only
Yoo-hoo!

Well, not only am I presentable but I’ve also finally gotten all twelve of the ‘puppies’ here. And it hasn’t been easy! …

I brought all of them along because, even though only nine of them are appearing in Pirate Master, I wanted to be sure that everyone here would see his or her own Sun Sign.

And then, too, the ‘types’ of personalities that the Admiral does not invite to join his adventures can often tell us a lot about just what sort of tale he intends to tell us.

I’ll be back over the next several days with some of my own impressions of our individual Pirates. I hope that you will be, too.

The ‘Practical’ Earth Signs are grounded and dependable. All of the earthy metaphors are appropriate here: ‘Salt of the earth’, ‘Feet firmly planted on the ground’, ‘Solid as a rock’, etc. Often referred to as the ‘builders’ of the zodiac, creativity is a tangible proposition to these natives and they feel best once they have accumulated a goodly number of worldly possessions.

The Element of Earth also confers a sense of duty, responsibility and reliability to those in its sphere. These are the people you can count on to ‘be there’ when you need them. Tending toward caution and conservatism in desire and approach, their logical minds and measured responses display an innate recuperative capacity: much preferring a sure thing, these folks do not take big risks. That said, however, certainly in that they appreciate a good meal, congenial company and fine wine better than anyone else, they are also sensualists.

On the flip side:

Earth Signs can become so caught up in their objectives that they overlook the feelings and opinions of others. It is a big picture, after all, but these natives may be more concerned with the finish line than the journey they are taking. And the ever-present risk inherent in their acquisitive nature is that these individuals may become greedy and far too materialistic.

CAPRICORN (Earth)

Pirates
None

Survivors
Greg B., BB, Ramona, Rudy, Kel, Tina, Linda, Kathy, Peter, Rob M., Clay, Ted, Ghandia, Erin, Jeanne, Dave, Michelle, Eliza, Tom W., Gregg C., Rafe, Jim, Lydia, Dan, Cecilia and Sundra

SURVIVORS FINAL 9FINAL 4/FINAL 2SOLE SURVIVORS
16(53%)
10(30%)/4(13%)
2(7%)
WOMEN
MEN

Capricorn is one of the most stable and serious of the zodiac types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities. They are normally confident, strong willed and calm. They are the major finishers of most projects begun by the 'pioneering' signs.

But, while they have a great respect for authority, they may not be willing to listen to the opinions and suggestions of others. And as the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self- disciplined as they themselves are and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard. They are often humorless. There is also a tendency to pessimism and melancholy that many Capricorns are unable to keep to themselves: especially if they fail personally.

And mood swings are not the only reason Capricorns deserve the adjective based on their name - capricious. They can be surprisingly and suddenly witty and subtle for the quiet, reserved individuals they seem to be. But they also have a tendency to ruin things by unexpected and utterly irresponsible bouts of flippancy.

Additionally, Capricorns are very status-minded. Even if their immediate finances don't permit an extravagant lifestyle, January-born can unconsciously adopt the mores, attitudes and mannerisms of the elite. The trappings of success are important to these natives not only for personal pleasure but also for the impression they can make on others.

Positive Traits
Practical and prudent. Ambitious and disciplined. Patient and careful.
Humorous and reserved.
Negative Traits
Pessimistic and fatalistic. Miserly and grudging. Overly conventional and rigid.

TAURUS (Earth)

Pirates
None

Survivors
Alicia, Kelly G., Teresa, Diane, Helen, Penny, JoAnna, Alex, Darrah, Lisa, John P., Bobby Jon, Janu, Ashlee, Blake, Austin, Billy, Jenny and Jessica

11(52%)
2(9%)/0
WOMEN
MEN

The Taurus characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive them, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative and law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace (possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie). They will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo.

So, on rare occasions a Taurus may be an obstinately and exasperatingly self-righteous, unoriginal, rigid, ultraconservative, argumentative and querulous bore: stuck in a self-centered rut. And, whether their characters are positive or negative, they need someone to stroke their egos with a frequent, "Well Done!" Luckily, Taurus have a knack for attracting praise. It is amazing how people will bend over backwards to please them.

They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection. But they rarely establish intimacies outside their social rank (to which they are ordinarily excessively loyal). And in the main, they are gentle, even-tempered, good-natured, modest and slow to anger. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent, uncontrolled outbursts. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun.

The Taurus has a strong aesthetic taste. And allied to his appreciation of all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life: pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine.

Taureans don't like a change in routine. It somehow disturbs their equilibrium. And if the change is too abrupt or fundamental to his comfort, the shock may be too much for his system: he may actually become physically ill. The secret to handling the average Taurean is to warn him at least a week ahead of time of any changes that may be coming up. But try to spring a change on him suddenly, and you'll be confronting a brick wall. Most Taureans don't like to be pushed around by what they consider flights of fancy, but if given enough time, they can adapt to almost anything.

In their work, Taurus are industrious and ambitious: unafraid of getting their hands dirty and at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility where there is little need of urgency, little risk of change and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and are also often founders of enterprises where the fruits are of their own labors.

Positive Traits
Patient and reliable. Warmhearted and loving.
Persistent and determined.
Placid and security loving.
Negative Traits
Jealous and possessive. Resentful and inflexible.
Self-indulgent and greedy.

VIRGO (Earth)

Pirates
Sean (Sean’s Interview)

Survivors
Jerri, Kim J., Lindsey, Robb Z., Butch, Christy, Nicole, Shawn, Chris, Coby, Ian, Judd, Becky, JP, Ozzy, Parvati, Rebecca, Sekou, Gary, James and Yau-Man

12(55%)
7(32%)/4(18%)
1(5%)
WOMEN
MEN

Virgo is the only sun sign represented by a female and it is sometimes thought of as a delicate young girl and sometimes as an intelligent, but rather pedantic and spinsterish, older woman. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgo’s precision, refinement, fastidiousness, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically-inclined, judicious, patient and practical.

Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity and in their unassuming, cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well-spoken, wise and witty. But while in many respects Virgos are the epitome of social grace and propriety, their sterling etiquette is more apt to be scripted than spontaneous: the result of careful thought and hours of mental practice.

Intellectually, Virgo is enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. Thoroughness, hard work and conscientiousness are their hallmarks. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues. And, because of their ability to see every angle of a multi-faceted problem, they are as unhappy with abstract theories as they are with intractable philosophies: placing no confidence in either.

Moreover, for as much as his intellect aids analysis, it also abets the Virgo’s compulsion to criticize. Nothing escapes these perfectionists’ eyes. And in their scrutiny of incongruities, these natives leave no stone … nor anyone … unexamined: as critical, and unforgiving, of themselves as they are of others. So that they may bring the art of self-concealment to a high pitch (hiding their apprehensions about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under the mantle of an undemonstrative clinician) with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and are careful to keep those they do make superficial.

Given their qualities, Virgos are much more effective in subordinate rather than leadership positions. Responsibility irks them and they often lack the breadth of strategic vision that leadership requires. They are essentially tacticians and excel at the attainment of limited objectives: needing the stimuli of immediacy and prestige attendant to specialization.

Positive Traits
Modest and shy. Meticulous and reliable. Practical and diligent.
Intelligent and analytical.
Negative Traits
Fussy and a worrier. Overcritical and harsh.
Perfectionist and conservative.

The ‘Emotional’ Water Signs are intuitive, sensitive and empathetic. How things feel is what matters to these nurturers and they base their actions on sense, rather than on logic or intellect. The receptive talents of these individuals are remarkably high. Compassionate and understanding, Water Sign natives are extraordinarily adept at assimilating the feelings of others, processing them and offering plans or solutions that will usually be considerate of all.

Water natives often translate their sense of the world artistically. They covet aesthetic beauty -- and for everyone to be happy as a result of it. Much like still water can become stagnant, however, inactive Water Sign natives are not at their best. They feel most fulfilled when they are helping others, and they usually do so in enchanting ways.

Seeing things more clearly than others, and feeling them more acutely than do the natives of other Signs, they are frequently referred to as ‘psychic’.

The flip side of this fluid Element is the tendency of these individuals to brood. Susceptible to mood swings, at their worst they can become self-indulgent, controlling and hostage to a fantasy world.

CANCER (Water)

Pirates
Alexis (Alexis’ Interview), Christa and Louie

Survivors
Jenna L., Kelly W., Rodger B., Frank, Hunter, Gabriel, Tammy, Leann, James, Cindy, Danni, Cirie, Nick, Stephannie, Rita, Anthony
and Mark Burnett

10(59%)
4(24%)/2(12%)
1(6%)
WOMEN
MEN

Cancers' emotions are as changeable as the Moon itself, waxing and waning with the prevailing emotional atmosphere around them. In fact, the Cancerian temperament is a veritable kaleidoscope of ever-changing emotion. During the course of a conversation, you may notice passing fleetingly across the faces of July-born scores of distinctively different emotions, no two ever repeating themselves or being expressed in exactly the same way. Quite simply, Cancers exude emotion. No other zodiacal native has so pervasive an emotional aura as to either lift your spirits to ecstatic heights or to fill you with clouds of gloom, depending on their mood.

'Home is where the heart is,' and this idiom has no greater ring of truth than when describing how the Cancer feels about his abode. Home is where he dreams, lives, plays, loves, and it is the only place he truly feels secure. Cancers are never truly happy unless they have someone or something to care for and their innate understanding of human emotion allows them to see through the pretenses of other signs and lend encouragement, support or sympathy when needed. There is a strong maternal instinct in both sexes and it is amazing to discover how many July-born have acquired the appendage – ‘good ol'– to their names.

But there is a private, reclusive part to every Cancer. Because of their extreme emotional sensitivity, they fear ridicule and would rather retreat than defend themselves. And there is always lurking in the background of their personalities a foreboding of disaster. As if from some hidden cue, these crabs can suddenly retreat into the watery burrows of their inner consciousness and not be seen for days. Try and question him about his absence and he'll probably not know what you're talking about.

They love to dream of far away places and times past and will talk about historical events as if they were actually there. Most Cancerians, in fact have a special reverence for the past, and if you ask them to tell you whom of all people they admire most, they'll most often rattle off names of several prominent historical figures.

However, if Cancers can reconcile the personal conflict of their urge to be outgoing with the reserve that causes them to withdraw into themselves, then at best they can inspire a generation, especially the youthful part of it, by their idealism. They also have a penchant for trade or business and are often successful as a captain of industry. This is because they are excellent organizers with a good sense of value and economy that they may combine with a flair for invention and originality.

Positive Traits
Emotional and loving. Intuitive and imaginative. Shrewd and cautious.
Protective and sympathetic.
Negative Traits
Changeable and moody. Overemotional and touchy. Clinging and unable to let go.

PISCES (Water)

Pirates
Ben, Jupiter (Jupiter’s Interview)
and Cameron Daddo (Cameron’s Interview)

Survivors
Mitchell, Paschal, Zoe, Brian H., John R., Jon, Kimberly, Jennifer, Ibrehem, Misty and Jonathan

6(55%)
4(36%)/1(9% )
1(9%)
WOMEN
MEN

Pisceans are deservedly popular with all kinds of people in part because their easygoing, affectionate, malleable and submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters. But they will not be able to maintain for very long friendships or associations with those who are too materialistic.

And because their natures are often too otherworldly for practical purposes (they tend to exist emotionally rather than rationally and instinctively rather than intellectually), the nine-to-five life is not easy for them.

The challenge to Pisces natives, then, is to somehow integrate their affinity with the more subtle planes into constructive working relationships. Fortunately, Pisceans are usually versatile and intuitive; quickly master new skills; observe and listen well; and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres. And all these factors can combine to produce remarkable creativity in literature, music and art. Similarly, in medicine and social work, Pisceans find an outlet for their compassion and mercy while their professional statures curb the likelihood of their being taken advantage of. And, if they're typical March-born, they are not elitists: saint, sinner, murderer, thief, liar, rich or poor - deserving or undeserving - the Piscean instinctively recognizes the worth of the individual and can overlook the apparent causes of their circumstances.

However, they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Most would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis.

Positive Traits
Imaginative and sensitive. Compassionate and kind. Selfless and unworldly.
Intuitive and sympathetic.
Negative Traits
Escapist and idealistic. Secretive and vague. Weak-willed and easily led.

SCORPIO (Water)

Pirates
Cheryl

Survivors
Gervase, Kimmi, Tom B., Ethan, Stephanie D., Jan, Heidi, Janet, Christa, Trish, Scout, Rory, Dolly, Brook G., Jolanda, Amy, Brianna, Tina, Candice, Mookie
and Jeff Probst

10(45%)
4(18%)/1(5%)
1(5%)
WOMEN
MEN

Scorpios are the most intense, profound and powerful characters in the zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic intensity and often strangely hypnotic personality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure.
Yet they are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions. And that sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes, make them easily hurt: quick to detect or imagine insult or injury to themselves and easily aroused to ferocious anger. And because they relate to their fellows only as leaders, they can be blunt to those they dislike to the point of cruelty.

Fortunate that their strong reasoning powers are tempered with imagination and intuition and that these gifts are usually accompanied by critical perception and analytical capacity, Scorpios often find fulfillment in the ice-cold self-control and detachment of the surgeon or soldier and the concentration of the research scientist. And any profession in which investigation and analysis are relevant may attract these charismatic "twice-born" characters. They may also become masters of the written and spoken word. This sun sign includes among its natives more geniuses than does any other.

At the other extreme is the procrastinator: the man or woman who is capable of so much that they do nothing and become indolent and self-indulgent: requiring extravagant praise and flattery from those whom they make their cronies.

Positive Traits
Determined and forceful. Emotional and intuitive. Powerful and passionate.
Exciting and magnetic
Negative Traits
Jealous and resentful. Compulsive and obsessive. Secretive and obstinate.

The ‘Physical’ Fire Signs are, as one would expect, fiery, indeed. They are enthusiastic and sometimes larger than life.

A Fire Sign is also an indicator of creativity. This Element manifests itself in creative and unique ways, and those in its glow are usually wonderfully courageous, lively spirits: self-sufficient, spontaneous and possessing a tremendous zest for life. Strong, self-assured, creative and fun, they are often an inspiration to others, certainly for their adherence to solid moral and religious ideals.

If there's a flip side to the Element, it can be that these Fire natives will be overly strident in getting their way. Call it bossy, even. These folks can come across rather forcefully.

Selfishness and an overdeveloped ego can also be seen as part of a fiery individual's shadowy side.

ARIES (Fire)

Pirates
John (John’s Interview) and Laurel

Survivors
Joel, Richard, Jeff V., Nick, Colby, Patricia, Burton, Lillian, Ryan S., Lea, Angie, Ruth Marie, Cao Boi, Cristina, Alex, Lilliana, Cassandra and Earl

10(50%)
5(25%)/2(25%)
2(10%)
WOMEN
7/center]
MEN
13/center]

Adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy, the Arien is a trailblazer: open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. They welcome opposition and will not be diverted from their purposes except by their own impatience or boredom. The childlike enthusiasm of these entrepreneurs and revolutionaries is infectious, and their ability to rouse others interest in a project or cause is unparalleled. But the Mars-ruled are initiators -- not perpetuators.

Because their approach to life is somewhat simplistic, what Aries can accomplish without a lot of distracting nuances and complexities to slow him down is staggering. Don't, however, put them in a position where they'll have to deal with complex emotions or with a problem requiring delicate handling or subtlety. They're simply not equipped for it.

And, much concerned with personal advancement and physical satisfaction (self-reliant but also self-centered), Aries do not work well under authority unless they, too, have subordinates.

In fact, they may be too self-sufficient and proud to acknowledge they have a boss and often take matters into their own hands (disregarding authority absolutely). Ask an Aries how many times he's been fired, and he'll probably tell you more than once.

In personal relationships Ariens are frank, direct and candid: gregarious and generous friends. However, their immense energy can also make them aggressive and restless, argumentative, headstrong, quick-tempered and easily offended: of all the zodiac’s natives, an Aries will most readily haul off and punch a nose.

And while the Arien is not the least bit calculating (in most instances, he'll simply tell it like it is before he's had a chance to think about the consequences), he does crave admiration and praise. So that while he won’t usually lie (in contradiction of his straightforward nature), he'll often exaggerate the truth in his own favor or simply in order to stamp it with his individuality.

Intellectually, Ariens are quick-witted, usually objective, and inspirationally optimistic: irreplaceable champions of lost causes and last-ditch stands. But they can also become extremists: foolhardy and dogmatic zealots whose enormous talents and vibrant personalities become a hindrance (if not a threat) to the welfare of the society in which they move.

Positive Traits
Adventurous and energetic.
Pioneering and courageous.
Enthusiastic and confident.
Dynamic and quick-witted.
Negative Traits
Selfish and quick-tempered. Impulsive and impatient.
Foolhardy and daredevil.

LEO (Fire)

Pirates
Christian (Christian’s Interview)
and Joe Don (Joe Don’s Interview)

Survivors
Susan, Stacey, Amber, Sarah, Sean R., Jake, Shawna, Matthew, Sandra, Andrew, Ryan O., Tijuana, Mia, Chad, Caryn, Brooke S., Gary, Bobby, Adam, Nathan
and Sylvia

13(57%)
4(17%)/3(13%)
2(9%)
WOMEN
MEN

It is a Leo’s birthright to lead, and they'll naturally assume center stage without being asked. However, if that authority is questioned, they may abandon a project entirely. Outgoing, spontaneously warm-hearted and plain-spoken (but poor judges of character), Leos are more disillusioned than the average if let down by those they trust.

And, since Leos simply can't function if they're not in a position to lead, they'll brood until that status has been reinstated. However, even after they discover that they've been duped or abandoned, most Leos are too big about it to retaliate. Because they are incapable of actions that are in any way mean, base or underhanded, they have difficulty in recognizing those traits in others. In activities where these lower qualities are essential for success, the majority of Leos tend not to succeed.

And because they see a project in it's grandest perspective, Leo natives have a disdain for details: their chief attribute in any group situation is the unique capacity for the overall manipulation of resources to produce a desired result. So it is not surprising that more wealth is found under Leo than under any other sun sign.

On the whole they are powers for good, for they are strongly idealistic, humane, and beneficent. They have powerful intelligence and are of a broad philosophical, sometimes religious, turn of mind. Those who are devout may be very obstinate in upholding traditional beliefs and will cling tenaciously, but with complete sincerity, to practices and doctrines that liberal thinkers regard as absurdly out-of-date.

However, a Leo’s faults can be as large in scale as are his virtues, and an excessively negative Leo can be a very unpleasant human being. These Leos will not hesitate to use cunning, lies and trickery to discredit their adversaries. Narcissism, greed for flattery, bombast, pomposity and snobbish superiority can also be characteristic of Leo.

Positive Traits
Generous and warmhearted.
Creative and enthusiastic.
Broadminded and expansive.
Faithful and loving.
Negative Traits
Pompous and patronizing. Bossy and interfering.
Dogmatic and intolerant.

SAGITTARIUS (Fire)

Pirates
Azmyth

Survivors
Colleen, Sean K., Kim P., Clarence, Vecepia, Jed, Tanya, Daniel, Osten, Julie, Brady, Stephenie L., Willard, Morgan, Bruce, Sally, Shane, Brad, Erica, Michelle
and Dre

11(50%)
3(14%)/2(14%)
1(5%)
WOMEN
MEN

Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life and are full of enterprise, energy, versatility and adventure: eager to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They delight in travel and exploration: the Sagittarian is genuinely intrigued by foreign cultures. And when their finances preclude traipsing the globe, undeterred Sagittarians travel in their minds.

Ambitious and optimistic (even when their hopes are dashed), their strongly idealistic natures are able to withstand disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere (with a passion for justice). They are usually on the side of the underdog and are prepared to be rebellious.

Non-conformists, Sagittarians hate being bound to rigid social confines or pigeonholed into strict routines that don't give them plenty of breathing room. Even more than physical restrictions, they'll loathe mental confinement. Sagittarians have both profound and broad minds: equipped with foresight, good judgment and keen intuition. As a result, they are often fascinating conversationalists and correspondents. Think Mark Twain. Think Sagittarius.

And in a curious twist of fate, Sagittarians, who are often accused of clumsiness, are also credited with extraordinary grace and coordination when engaged in purposeful physical activity: most particularly sports and dance. In everyday activities, however, the Sagittarian can be surprisingly less dignified. Though the December-born athlete may break the record for high jump, he'll stumble over his shoelaces walking onto the field. And the Sagittarian ballerina may execute pirouettes with perfect form on stage but stub her toe on the kitchen table at home. Yet these contradictory characteristics somehow find a happy coexistence in the Sagittarian personality.

Their gifts fit Sagittarians for a number of widely differing professions. But they are much more adept at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues whose talents compliment, rather than compete with, their own.
And Sagittarians can sometimes be exacting, domineering and inconsiderate in the work place: scorning the inadequacies of others while expecting fulsome recognition of their own skills and effort.

Moreover, they can be (and frequently are) impulsively angry. And, when angry, both male and female Sagittarians can be vicious: employing with precision those words or actions that will most severely wound their adversary . On the other hand, they are magnanimous in forgiving offenses and quick to make amends for their own intemperance.

And, more apt then the average to make an uncongenial alliance, their innate restlessness (which, if excessive, often jeopardizes more than their own stability) will often compel them to use even the most satisfying ménage as a base from which to … depart.

Positive Traits
Optimistic and freedom-loving. Jovial and good-humored.
Honest and straightforward. Intellectual and philosophical.
Negative Traits
Blindly optimistic and careless. Irresponsible and superficial. Tactless and restless.

The ‘Intellectual’ Air Signs are critical thinkers who handle abstract reasoning well. These natives love to analyze, synthesize and probe. Have a dilemma? Hand it over to an Air Sign and watch them go to work.

Air natives are also exceptionally communicative. These individuals want to get the word out and it isn’t likely to be fluff. They are alert, curious and perceptive. And the world as seen by an Air Sign will be an interesting one – as their analysis and subsequent explanation (hopefully in terms we can understand) will indicate.

Moreover, the Element usually manifests itself in a most humane way: objective, cooperative, unprejudiced (and often highly idealistic), most actually do ‘want to help make a better world’.

However, these inventive and clever individuals will insist upon considering all sides of an equation before they decide on a course of action. Balance is of paramount importance to them.

So that while Air natives are usually cool, calm and collected, they can – and frequently do – turn bitterly cold if their equilibrium is upset. A word to the wise: there's little upside to baiting an Air Sign!

AQUARIUS (Air)

Pirates
None

Survivors
Gretchen, Sonja, Keith, Michael, Maralyn, Brandon Q., Silas, Gina, Neleh, Shii Ann, Deena, Jenna M., Ryan A., Rupert, Ami, Travis, Jeff W., Brian C., Jamie, Brandon B., Jessica (Flicka) and Yul

11(44%)
5(20%)/3(12%)
2(8%)
WOMEN
MEN

Noted for their altruistic and progressive natures, Aquarians possess strong-willed, forceful and attractive personalities that present themselves as one or the other of two core types: the first shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the second exuberant, lively and exhibitionist.

Both types are humane, frank, serious-minded, genial, refined and often ethereal and idealistic (though this last quality is tempered with a sensible practicality). And both – because Aquarians also possess an innate appreciation of diversity and a sustaining confidence in their own convictions – are extremely tolerant of the behaviors and opinions of others.

There is, however, a bit of rebellion in every visionary Aquarian. Quick, active and persevering (usually interacting with others with reason, moderation and good humor), the Aquarian’s distain for the status quo – unlike the social activism of Sagittarius or the overt revolt of Aries – is most usually held in check by a quiet optimism: that things, given time and patient crusade, will improve. Rather, his more subtle rebellion most usually manifests itself in unconventional dress or grooming, erratic behaviors and wry (but devastating) sarcasm.

Moreover, despite the magnetic, forthcoming and open personality of the extrovert Aquarian and the humanistic traits of both types, neither makes friends readily. They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted condescending and cold. Even in the intimate companionship that they instinctively seek, they are fiercely independent. They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms.

But once they decide that another is worthy of their friendship, Aquarians are tenacious and extraordinarily loyal compatriots. However, if they are deceived their anger is terrible. And if disillusioned (usually because their own idealism causes them to demand more of others than is reasonable) Aquarians do not forgive.

Aquarians work most effectively within a group environment: provided that they are recognized as having a leading role in the project. They have a feeling of unity with nature and a desire for knowledge and truth that makes them admirable scientists: most especially astronomers and natural historians.

They also excel in photography, radiography, electronics - anything connected with the electrical and radio industries - aviation and all other things technical. They are often gifted in the performing arts: their talent for mimicry and parody serves them well as character actors or comedians. Their avant-garde tendencies are often expressed in writing (most usually poetry), public service broadcasting and musical innovation. And their altruism may find its voice in welfare fields or education.

Positive Traits
Friendly and humanitarian. Honest and loyal. Original and inventive.
Independent and intellectual.
Negative Traits
Intractable and contrary. Perverse and unpredictable. Unemotional and detached.

GEMINI (Air)

Pirates
Kendra

Survivors
Dirk, Elisabeth, Debb, Lex, Carl, John C., Robert D., Ken, Katie, Margaret, Melinda, Courtney, Danielle, Boo
and Lisi

10(63%)
4(25%)/2(13%)
WOMEN
MEN

Gemini, the sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. To them, life is a game that must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment and free of labor and routine.

Their good qualities are attractive and come easily to them. They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts. And in social situations, even at their worst they are never dull - there is usually playfulness below the surface and they can be exhilarating conversationalists. But, like chameleons, they reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way.

Gemini have a keen and intuitive intelligence. They love cerebral challenges and their mental agility and energy give them a voracious appetite for knowledge (though they dislike the labor of learning). So that, although their intellect is strongly analytical and sometimes gives them so great an ability to see both sides of a question that they vacillate and find it hard to make decisions, their cleverness and ingenuity may also very well be used to control and unify the duality of their natures into a most efficient unit. If faced with difficulties, they have little determination to worry at a problem until they find a solution - they will pick the brains of others.

Any work that combines quick-wittedness with a change of surroundings suits Gemini. They are often skilled manipulators of language and are usually very successful diplomats, academics, authors, poets, journalists and lawyers (albeit they are more brilliant than profound and more interested in theory than in practice). And any and every sales venue is, of course, sweet home to them.

Positive Traits
Adaptable and versatile. Communicative and witty. Intellectual and eloquent. Youthful and lively.
Negative Traits
Nervous and tense. Superficial and inconsistent. Cunning and inquisitive.

LIBRA (Air)

Pirates
Jay, Joy and Nessa

Survivors
Jessie, Rob C., Roger S., Twila, John K., Aras, Terry, Edgardo and Stacy

SURVIVORSFINAL 9FINAL 4/FINAL 2SOLE SURVIVORS
6(60%)
4(40%)/2(20%)
1(10%)
WOMEN
MEN

Libra is ruled by the planet Venus and symbolized by Scales of Balance. Similarly, the natives of Libra are the very personification of refinement and affection, endearing you with their genteel manner and melting your heart with their ingratiating smiles. But don't let all that sugar and spice fool you: the October-born can be as quarrelsome, as irritable and as intractable as any sign in the zodiac, and then some.

Libra is the sign of balance, and just as a set of scales will teeter back and forth before achieving a new balance, Libra will vacillate to and fro between extremes: mental, emotional or physical. When the Libra does make a decision, however, you can probably bank on its integrity. The polar opposite of the subjective Aries, the Libran is quite capable of objective judgment: irrespective of his own tastes, mores, philosophies or preferences. Perhaps this is why there are more judges born under Libra than under any sun sign and why the Scales have come to represent our system of justice.

These are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity. And they detest overt conflict. So they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them. Their ideal for their own circle (and for society as a whole) is unity. And their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual.

However, once they have reached a conclusion they will not tolerate a divergent opinion: among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval.

Moreover, the negative Libran character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia and inappropriately docile: yet Librans can shock everyone around them with sudden, and inexplicable, storms of rage.

The Libran flair for tact and diplomacy is unparalleled in the zodiac. And in business and diplomatic relations, the Libra is able (far more often than not) to accomplish what he desires without destroying relationships that could be valuable to him in the future. But the ease with which they pursue any argument can sometimes make you wonder where the Libra really stands. Nothing irritates the Libran's harmonizing intellect more than one-dimensional thinking. So, if they think your line of reasoning is too pat or simplistic, they'll purposely take the opposing view.

And while 'Lazy Libra' is a common phrase, those who would casually ascribe laziness to October-born have never seen them in their more productive moods. Once they have committed themselves to a goal, Librans can become powerhouses: using their well-ordered intellects to accomplish in leaps and bounds tasks that might encumber other signs.

The trouble is that in planning any endeavor, October-born can get so lost in the endless labyrinth of strategies, factors and options which have to be weighed and evaluated by their logical minds that their procrastination can give you the best portrayal of laziness you've ever seen. He'll yawn, stretch, and then lie down (as if exhausted): all with such convincing lassitude that it will make you tired just watching him.

Positive Traits
Diplomatic and urbane. Romantic and charming. Easy-going and sociable.
Idealistic and peaceable.
Negative Traits
Indecisive and changeable. Gullible and easily influenced.
Flirtatious and self-indulgent.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •