The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I know what PM is missing...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Pirate Master Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I know what PM is missing...."
Shooting and swashbuckling. While I like treasure as much as the next guy, this show really ought to be called "Treasure hunter" in it's current form.

They haven't done anything so far except search for treasure. In the days when there were Caribbean pirates, they didn't look for buried treasure (as there was only one known historical instance of pirates burying treasure) because nobody bothered burying it where some other louts could steal it. They spent it on grog and wenches as fast as they got it.

That is a different rant.

This show could stand to have some shooting challenges and some swordwork challenges. Granted, you can't have contestants blasting away at each other with cannons or hacking with cutlasses (I know Estee is wondering why not). But you could have the crews each man a cannon from that period and shoot at a mockup of an enemy ship. First crew to put 3 cannon balls into the enemy ship wins the gold. Or something similar with muskets from the period. As far as the swordplay, you could rig bags of treasure suspended by thick ropes (like the kind that hold up sails) and have contestants (spaced FAR apart for obvious reasons) hacking away at the ropes to free the treasure. The most skilled chopper wins the loot.

I have nothing against the occasional treasure hunt pirate style. But doing it EVERY episode at the exclusion of these more true pirate activities is a sure way to lose my interest before the season is over.

I don't expect a pile of loot from MB for salvaging his concept. Just one of those 40K payouts they've gotten this season.

Flashy sig by RollDdice
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I know what PM is missing.... Sunny_Bunny 07-17-07 1
 RE: I know what PM is missing.... vince3 07-17-07 2
   RE: I know what PM is missing.... Spanky68 07-17-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I know what PM is missing...."
Amen Spanky! The biggest threat to pirates wasn't just "the law" and British captains, it was OTHER PIRATES. That's why I rather like the idea of the ghost crew the spoilers are predicting.

I love your idea of putting the chest (with the money inside it known) out in the open and making the crews fight for it! Brilliant!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I know what PM is missing...."
How do we know this isn't planned when the count gets down to around 4 or 5?

Agman's PNC Park Pirate Sig!

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I know what PM is missing...."
I'd like to think it will be. I'm going to watch no matter how bad the ratings get. But if they've held off too long, AND buried the show in a dead-end time slot, the chances that PM will be a long term success are pretty bleak. Might be too little, too late.

Flashy sig by RollDdice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •