The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hindsight is 20/20"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-30-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hindsight is 20/20"
I hate to speak in cliches, but it's probably the best title I could think of.

Well, all MikeFOMOs, who is the Mole? I am clearly confused. So, I had a little extra time today and have tried to compile a list of nonbiased reasons why each person could be the mole.

Case One: Kathy Griffin
-Kathy would be a good person to pick, because she loves the show and knows a good deal about it.

-In the Baa Baa Black Jack game, she "herded mosquitos," and began her outward apathy. Next episode, she banked on this opinion when she received her chicken. A large number thought she would refuse, thus losing money.

-Did not write down anything in her journal on page 17.

-She gave up on the surfing in the Tiny Bubbles Game, forcing the team to lose the game. Once again, apathy. She later was too slow in finding Erik.

-Lying in interviews. She said that she thought she would have done better in the game. Right now, she's in the Final 3. Very, very suspicious comment.

Points Against This
-She insisted on taking the 25K bribe, which is very important.

-She passed her first pepper to Corbin, and eventually opted to eat the second one.

-In a coalition with Erik, who still hasn't been eliminated. However, with a tie last week and an exemption this week, Erik could have survived, but is unlikely.

Case Two: Frederique
-Would be a good pick because she is a model, and many have underestimated her in the past.

-Could not complete her task in the Waterfall Challenge.

-She insisted on continuing with the "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dargon" clue, wasting a lot of time.

-During the Exemption Dinner, she broke the string of initial Kathy votes by voting for herself.

-She refuses to eat the Bonus pepper, costing the team 25K.

-Seemed to automatically head toward where Erik was. Although she would have WON money, this may indicate previous knowlege.

Reasons Against This
-Helped Erik with the sheep, and next episode, she successfully got the chicken.

-Surfed very well in the challenge.

Case Three: Erik
-Erik would be a good pick because of Cycle's cross promotional theory of advertising Dinotopia.

-Was lousy with the control stick, even though they won the money anyway in the first challenge.

-Biggest sabotage would have to be the Coffin Game. He knew there was nothing in there, but he still blew the money.

-He couldn't surf for 20 seconds and cost the team 10K

-He later got the exemption, keeping 20K out of the pot.

Reasons Against This
-Got the sheep and the bonus one in Baa Baa Black Sheep

-Jumped off the cliff and got his questions right.

-Put 60K into the pot singlehandedly, by putting back the exemption.

-Ate his pepper easily.

Analysis

Look at the three players left last year: Dorothy, Heather, and Bill. Most notably, Dorothy.

-Dorothy screwed up some games REALLY badly, but she also had some of the best saves, like the Brain Teasers and the Combo Lock. IMHO, Erik strikes me as the Dorothy type. He blew the Coffin Game completely, but put in 60K, when he could have just left it alone.

-The quizzes? One of the most confusing parts.

If Frederique is the Mole:
-Erik:
A. Avoids execution by thinking it's her while telling the camera he thinks it's Michael.
B. Avoids execution by tieing with Corbin last week, and being exempt this week.
-Michael:
-"More and more, I've been leaning my vote toward Kathy"
-Reference to a female mole.

If Kathy is the Mole
-Erik: See above
-Michael:
-Everyone may know it's Kathy and he split his vote.
-Reference to a female mole

If Erik is the Mole
-Kathy:
A. Lied to Erik about voting for someone else.
-Michael:
-Voted Kathy and left.

So... Right now, I'm

40% FredFOMO
40% KathyFOMO
20% ErikFOMO

How about you?

*huff huff* Too much typing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Quotes are back!
1. "But it makes you wonder... Why was Erik so conservative all day, but so spunky with the sheep?" -Stephen
2. "Screw you guys, I'm going home" -Erik von Cartman
-----------------------------------------------------------

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hindsight is 20/20 BaquaR13 01-30-03 1
   RE: Hindsight is 20/20 cyclehausen 01-30-03 2
       RE: Hindsight is 20/20 buckeyegirl 01-30-03 4
           RE: Hindsight is 20/20 Bruce 01-31-03 6
       RE: Hindsight is 20/20 BaquaR13 02-01-03 14
           RE: Hindsight is 20/20 survivorscott 02-02-03 16
 RE: Hindsight is 20/20 nascarjim 01-30-03 3
   RE: Hindsight is 20/20 mikey 01-31-03 5
       RE: Hindsight is 20/20 nascarjim 01-31-03 7
   RE: Hindsight is 20/20 Bert 01-31-03 9
 RE: Hindsight is 20/20 Q 01-31-03 8
   RE: Hindsight is 20/20 joannie 01-31-03 12
 RE: Hindsight is 20/20 sittem 01-31-03 10
   RE: Hindsight is 20/20 joannie 01-31-03 13
       RE: Hindsight is 20/20 Krust_Dawg2007 02-02-03 15
 Dawg's strange takes on it SurvivinDawg 01-31-03 11
 hindsight and history survivorscott 02-02-03 17
 RE: Hindsight is 20/20 Bebo 02-05-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-30-03, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
I am kind of at:
60% Fred
20% for Erik and Kathy.

It's gotta be Frederique, right? Erik and Kathy knew all along and have made others think it was michael thus getting them kicked out. But, here are a few concerns: One, Kathy clearly stated in her interview that she wanted to try and execute Frederique by tricking her into thinking it was Erik. If Fred was the mole Kathy would obviously know by now so why would she make such comments? Maybe she said that because she is the mole... and the most important info comes in the grave game. Someone whether it be Kathy or Erik screwed up in that game, and it looked like the work of the mole to me. But, the way coaltions go, it pretty much points to Frederique.

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-30-03, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
I think Kathy , as the mole, convinced Erik that if he cost the team money, it would put suspicion on him.

From erik's point of view, this is a good move in an alliance.

From kathy's point of view, it is effective sabotage.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-03, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
I am 50% Erik and 30% Kathy and 10% Freddy.
Erik is top on my list because of the reasons listed above and because last night on the quiz his name was spelled wrong.
(This goes against my PTTE, but I've changed my mind every week, so why stop now?)

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Bruce 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-31-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bruce Click to send private message to Bruce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
50+30+10=90-->where is the other 10%
as for the mole, i hope its not erik b/c that would suck since, he blew the bone game so bad, my guess is of fred and onto kathy, i just think she can play the part the best, she is so wild its hard to tell whats going on

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-01-03, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
If Kathy is the mole, how would Erik, her coalition partner still be in the game? Maybe he knew it was Kathy all along? But how?

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
Question number 1 on every quiz:

Is the Mole male or female?

If it was Kathy and Eric voted Frederique on all the questions he would still get this one right.

If Michael was going straight Eric or in Corbin's case straight Michael they got it wrong.One correct beats none correct every time.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

nascarjim 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-30-03, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nascarjim Click to send private message to nascarjim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-03 AT 11:06 PM (EST)

I can't decide between Kathy or Frederique.

Kathy the Mole
In the introductions she says "I'm the best mole ever"
In the confession room after Corbin was excecuted she says
"he should have known, I'm the mole."
While riding blindfolded in the van to the mystery
restaurant she tells Erik, there won't be any questions
about old stuff on the test.
Herding mosquitos in ba ba blackjack.
Giving up on surfboarding.
Blank page in her journal.
Not being stressed for the last excecution because she was
sitting in her own diarrhea.
Kathy Not the Mole
Has an alliance with Erik.
They were holding hands at excecution and appeared very
giddy like they had just pulled one over on someone.
She may have realized that Eriks stunt with the coffin game
was a perfect distraction to the identity of the real mole.

Frederique the Mole
Clue "das mole" on the boat. I know she is from Holland,
which is not Germany. Even though it is not the official
laguage, German is spoken there.
Clue I can find connections to three of the questions
in the pepper game.
Question#1 begins What model
Question#2 begins What magazine
Question#3 is about Heather Graham who was in
"Two Girls and Guy" with Frederique.
I cannot find a connection to Star Wars or Harrison Ford
or Burt Reynolds which are in Question #4
I wonder if Frederique was the first model to be paid $1mil
for something, which is what Question #6 is about
When she refused to eat a pepper in the bonus round, she
said she had never caused them to not bank money yet. But
we all know she lost money in the first episode. There was
no way she was going to stop Erik with those sheep, and she
could be the reason they didn't answer the movie coffin
game.
She was in the movie "Celebrity"
Could make her the "Celebrity" Mole
Frederique Not the Mole
Doesn't seem to be very bright.
Confirmed by Kathy on Howard Stern show, but maybe thats
because Kathy said she whoever was the mole that she would
hate them for life.

Frederique 75%
Kathy 25%
Erik 00%

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-31-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
Are you sure Frederique was in "Two Guys and a Girl?" with Heather Graham? My recollection of that movie is that there was Robert Downy Jr and two women, one of whom was short and with dark hair, and basically the entire movie took place in an apartment with no one else around, so I can't imagine where Frederique would fit in.

nascarjim 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-31-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nascarjim Click to send private message to nascarjim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-03 AT 04:14 AM (EST)

Yes, she played a character named Carol.
see us.imbd.com/name?van+der+wal,+frederique

Bert 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-31-03, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bert Click to send private message to Bert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
In the introductions she says "I'm the best mole ever"

There's always been something that just stuck out to me about this line.... All the other people saying that "they are the mole"- yet she compares herself to the other moles in the past. Seems kinda curious to me.
But I'm going to hop on the FreddyFoMo anyaway.

-bert

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-31-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
I am with you guys. I am leaning towards Fred first, then Kathy, then Erik. Erik seems to really be playing the game. He is trying to win money, trying to sabotage some games for pure game reasons, ie, causing suspicion to fall his way, thus keeping him in the game.

Frederique, I think she is the mole, because she is doing well making it look like she is barely messing up games. But she is barely doing anything to win them either.

Kathy could also be the mole, but, I'm not sure. Her game persona is a lot like the characters she has played, and may be in real life. Is that the suspicious part? People think she is not acting? Or is that in itself a clue. She does not have to act, or cover up sabotage, because she is just inately a saboteur? Her very way of playing games, lamely that is, is why she was picked to be the mole, when/if she fails its not unusual, because she is inept?

Or I am totally clueless. I jumped on the Mike bandwagon based on other peoples views here, So I am going back to my Gut reaction after Ep. 1, and that is Fred is the Mole because she is the least likely pre-show contestant to be the winner or the mole.

FredFoMo. But it still can be Kathy. Or EriK

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-31-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
After all those BOAT MAN clues, ESPECIALLY the "smoking gun", Jims Jumble Clue, I was so certain that Boatman was the Mole, that I spent all of my time looking for boats and looking at him. Now it's like I have to reset my brain to square one!

But in the back of my mind, I don't know why, I've always had an uneasy, moleish feeling about Frederique. She is my back-up Mole...for the moment.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-31-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
Kathy 60%
Erik 30%
Fred 10%

Why it's Kathy - she seems the most unlikely to me and that works with what was said about the Mole beforehand. I can't remember the winch game that well, but at the time I think it struck me that when she was working on the winch it looked like she was working against the other person - I think Corbin yelled at her for it (again - can't really remember - I was trying to ignore her 'cause I hated her so much that night). Also, she was over the top the first couple of weeks complaining about how awful the game was - a perfect ploy at drawing Moleish attention away from her. And, there was the mosquito herding.

The one thing that nags me the most about her and the reason I throw 30% to Erik is the graveyard game. Her expression when he refused to steer the team away from the coffin he looked in unsettles me and it points at him.

I don't have tapes at this point, but can someone review them and see who has lost $ for the team?

A reason I move away from Erik is his winning the $60,000 for the team two weeks ago - that sticks out as a non-moleish thing to do.

Fred?? Other than the not eating the peppers and losing $25,000 and then eating them later she's been very utr in moleishness. Maybe she's done the best job at it!!

One other thing - I was struck by the lack of reaction by both Kathy and Fred at the end of the last quiz. Erik goes nuts when it's Michael (in my mind because he believed his was the one). Both of them are blank - points to the Mole and the winner to me. Kathy's the mole, Fred's the winner.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-31-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
Maybe Erik is all excited at the end of the quiz, because now he is CERTAIN of who the Mole is.

But WHO?

Krust_Dawg2007 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-02-03, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krust_Dawg2007 Click to send private message to Krust_Dawg2007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
He has done that after every quiz (acting all shocked and all)
because he is the mole!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Dawg's strange takes on it"
For Kathy:
1. My first impression was Kathy. I don't know if she said something that struck me, or what it was, but I just had that impression.
2. Kathy has followed reality-tv shows a good bit, she's sharp and witty, and is probably THE person who could best handle the duties of the Mole. If I were the producers, I'd certainly want her to do it.
3. The Graveyard thing: she's screaming at Erik, thus bringing attention to him. Of course, they're in coalition, but it still served her VERY well (money out of the pot, distracts attention from her).
4. Of all the people, the one I'm seeing least talked about (on TV) as a possible Mole is Kathy. Editing. Hmmmm....
5. She hasn't tried especially hard, especially on the surfing, and finding Erik in time.
6. Due to Boatman's comment, the Mole is likely female.

Against Kathy:
1. Has successfully completed several missions.
2. Seems to be upfront and straightforward. Acting? Or just having fun but being genuine?
3. In the previews for the finale, Kathy did her questions, then looked up as if to say "That's it, declare me the winner!" (yes, you could make that argument as "That's it, declare me the Mole.", but that is not the impression I got.)

For Erik:
1. Has attempted to distract others to the idea that Boatman was the mole.
2. The Graveyard thing.
3. Failed the surf test.

Against Erik:
1. Has attempted to distract others to the idea that Boatman was the mole.
2. The biggie is the $60,000 to the pot AND giving up an exemption.
3. Has worked to succeed at every challenge.
4. Due to Boatman's comment, the Mole is likely female.

For Fred:
1. Is truly the least likely to be the Mole by everyone's thinking, being a model and people think she's dumb.
2. "Das Mole" (Dutch is a language, too.)
3. Refused to eat the pepper for money... then ate it afterwards.
4. Has not done very well at any challenge, except the surfing... but not overtly so in the failures.
5. Worked HARD to find Erik. If I were the mole, I would have also.
6. Due to Boatman's comment, the Mole is likely female.
7. She's still here... there's always been SOMEONE doing worse than her... with Kim Coles and Boatman, I'm not surprised. With Baldwin and Corbin, I am.

Against Fred:
1. Surfing... (although she may have gotten carried away and just wanted to try it).
2. Can Fred handle being the Mole and do it so well that there is no suspicion upon her? You make the call.
3. Has worked to succeed at every challenge, albeit less hard on some than others.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "hindsight and history"
This can either work for or against Kathy being the mole.

Who was the Mole in the first series?
KathrynPrice.

Could the producers have picked two Kathys/Kathryns as the mole?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-03, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Hindsight is 20/20"
Right now, I'm leaning towards Kathy.

- She's a reality show junkie, yet she came out complaining in the first show about the effort required. Was this to establish her character as being unwilling to make effort?

- Put herself in the strong group in E1, even though she doesn't consider herself an athlete and tries to avoid effort whenever possible.

- She's been given a number of tasks that require effort/athleticsm, and her teammates are not surprised when she doesn't complete them because "that's Kathy". It doesn't look like sabotage, it just looks like she's being herself, as they perceive her.

- She got herself into an early coalition with Erik and has been trying to use him as a shield. She has said they have tried to convince Frederique that Erik's the Mole. And, as has already been pointed out, she went into high dramatics in the graveyard to draw attention to him.

- Erik says he knows who the Mole is. Has he been mistakenly leaning towards Boatman, as he told Corbin, or did Kathy's behavior in the graveyard convince him and he's been playing distraction ever since? Erik not telling the others about the empty coffin, after already letting Kathy know it was empty, could have been a test of her, to see if she would sabotage the pot.

- Previews mention being surprised at the deviousness of the Mole. Throwing suspicion on your coalition partner can be considered deviousness. Convincing everyone that you're basically a lazy, unathletic person who would never do well in a challenge involving effort can be considered deviousness.

- Kathy says she's the one who talked the producers into letting the winner keep the money. Hmmm, she got chatty with the producers about how the game would be structured. I would think her agent would have handled the negotiations about her participating in CM, but to be involved in the actual planning of how the game would be played, well, that's something the producers would do with the Mole.

Am I 100% convinced it's Kathy? Nope, because I made the mistake of being so MichaelFOMO that I wasn't really paying attention to clues that would refute my position. I do doubt Erik, though, because of all that he has won for the pot. But if Frederique were the Mole, it wouldn't really surprise me either at this point.

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •