The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amount of Money"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bert 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-27-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bert Click to send private message to Bert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amount of Money"
Okay, we all know that the game is worth a maximum of $250,000. But through the first three episodes, the group has had a chance at $269,000. (E1- $60, E2- $74, E3- $135)
Any thoughts on anthing about this? Do they perhaps change the values of the games as they go along... sat, the chili peppers may have only been worth 5k if they were doing better, or something like that?

-bert

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amount of Money mikey 01-27-03 1
 RE: Amount of Money Q 01-27-03 2
   RE: Amount of Money Loree 01-27-03 3
       RE: Amount of Money joannie 01-27-03 4
           RE: Amount of Money Loree 01-27-03 5
               RE: Amount of Money Bruce 01-28-03 6
                   Nuh-uh!! cyclehausen 01-29-03 7
                       RE: Nuh-uh!! Bruce 01-29-03 8
           RE: Amount of Money skyehawk 01-29-03 9
               RE: Amount of Money cyclehausen 01-29-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-27-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Amount of Money"
It has always been my impression that they completely make up the rules of the mole as they go along.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-27-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Amount of Money"
I think you are on the right track with the adjusted money thing. If the mole is successful in sabotaging the pot, they will offer more money for some new games (or if non-mole idiots like Bernson throw away 25,000 at a pop just to seem suspicious, or is just an A$$hole), if the mole was not, then they will back off on the money amounts.

I think they want the mole to sabotage the pot, but they don't want the pot to be "small". It does not help viewers/ratings to have no money in the mix.

Any other ideas?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-27-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Amount of Money"
I have no idea what rules they are playing with this celebrity edition. But I do remember when they did the first mole they announced at the beginning that if the players won every pot they would have $1 million. So I think the money was figured out in advance. But they also knew that they would never win every pot of cash. And they had it set to double the pot at times. I have no idea if they said this for the second edition. They even offered Elavia money to leave in that one. So who knows?

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-27-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Amount of Money"
Don't most celebrity editions play for charities? These guys must be hard up!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-27-03, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Amount of Money"
Maybe they will try and shame the winner into donating their money to charity. I mean they are getting a free Hawaii holiday and what celebs crave most: Attention!

Bruce 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-28-03, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bruce Click to send private message to Bruce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Amount of Money"
its for 500,000
seems like its adding up fast since by the end games to end up worth mole (sorry more) the last two games would have ended at 1M if they won everything (maybe 1M 10k in the mole 2 i think anderson add waiter game (when they had to not spill a drop when they were drunk) well you get the point for the most part it should be about the stated amount)

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-03, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Nuh-uh!!"
The opening clearly states hat the pot limit is a quarter mil.

Bruce 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-29-03, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bruce Click to send private message to Bruce Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Nuh-uh!!"
yeah my bad

but they now say over 250,000 ( ithink(

sorry about that i thought they said 500K

skyehawk 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-29-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyehawk Click to send private message to skyehawk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Amount of Money"

Yes, most celebrity editions play for charities, but there is a great article that Kathy gave saying that she asked that the celebs get to keep the cash.

>"RE: Amount of Money"
Posted by joannie on 01-27-03 at 05:43 PM
Don't most celebrity editions play for charities? These guys must be hard up!

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-03, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Amount of Money"
and, as was mentioned before, how could the mole sabotage charity money and still have the show look good?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •