The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TheBoredGuy 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-02, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheBoredGuy Click to send private message to TheBoredGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
For those who watched both seasons, it's been pretty obvious that the group dynamics have been like night-and-day from season 1 to season 2. We've gone from the bickering, fighting, name-calling, finger-pointing players of season 1 to the friendly, usually-calm, laid-back players of season 2.

So the questions are...

1) Which group did you like better? Why?

2) How do you think the "friendliness" of the players toward each other in this season has affected gameplay?

3) Will you send me $100?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Answers AyaK 08-06-02 1
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... blemer 08-06-02 2
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... a77u12a 08-06-02 3
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... Molzingvivor 08-06-02 4
   RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... spookycat_m 08-06-02 7
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... Serendipity 08-06-02 5
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... GeorgiaBelle 08-06-02 6
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... Femme 08-06-02 8
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... DaSaintFan 08-06-02 9
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... juggdishseuss 08-06-02 10
 RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. S... kyngsladye 08-06-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Answers"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

>1) Which group did you like better? Why?

No question in my mind: season 2 was MUCH MORE FUN than season 1. I think part of the hostility in the first season was because everyone was so sure right away that they knew the mole ... whereas this time, I really think people had no idea who the mole was, and so they needed to be friendlier, to try to learn what other people might know.

Easy-to-find mole: nasty game. Hard-to-find mole: cooperative game. Seems counterintuitive, doesn't it?

>2) How do you think the "friendliness" of the players toward
>each other in this season has affected gameplay?

It's definitely made it more fun. The games haven't been as cutthroat -- but I enjoyed watching the players cooperate as the number of contestants wound down. I know that everyone praises villains -- but I liked this show better because it was villainless.

Plus, it made this board more fun. There are people out there who like ALL of the contestants, except maybe for Al... Since the contestants have seemed likeable to us, no one has slammed them very hard -- as a result, we haven't had many fights between fans and bashers.

>3) Will you send me $100?
NO!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

blemer 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-06-02, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blemer Click to send private message to blemer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
When it came down to it, I like the season 2 people better. There was just a better cast. They were fun to watch and interesting. Although, I thought last year's final three were better than this years final three. I think Bill and Steven are total bores! The three questions game was better last year when Kat reacted so emotionally to it. This year's three questions game was kind of blah!

a77u12a 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-06-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail a77u12a Click to send private message to a77u12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
1. i definitely liked watching this group better... it's not fun watching people get mad at each other and stuff on TV... BOOOO!!! it was definitely more enjoyable knowing that the players enjoyed each other. for me anyways... i guess that's why i like this show more than other reality shows....

of course, it helps to have beautiful people on the show (darwin, bribs, heather, elavia, dot ,rob, etc etc.)

2. i think it changes gameplay a lot. there's a lot more emotion involved when you get along with someone and then turn on them... you're able to gain trust and when that trust is broken it can makes for some spectacular backstabs (is that even a word?)

3. will you send ME $100??

on another note, dont you just get the feeling the mole 2 players are gonna have mole parties when this is over? mole 2 reunions of their own accord where they have a big bbq and chew the fat over how their lives are going and stuff? i can see that happening. tho i doubt patrick will be there....
i bet they'll all call each other up on the weekends and get together for basketball or something once a year... hehehehe... that would be cool

moleron: defender of the universe
a77u12a

Molzingvivor 48 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molzingvivor Click to send private message to Molzingvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"

>1) Which group did you like better? Why?

I liked this crew better as there was more of them so we got to see more of them for a longer period of time. I felt I got to know more of them better then in M1

>2) How do you think the "friendliness" of the players toward each other in this season has affected gameplay?

Good question - I think very little. I know for me, being friendly to some new people would be great but winning the money would be grater. I think they are smart enough to seperate the game from reality.

I live in Canada. I'll trade you $100 bills if you like.

spookycat_m 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-06-02, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spookycat_m Click to send private message to spookycat_m Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
>>3) Will you send me $100?
>
>I live in Canada. I'll
>trade you $100 bills if
>you like.

LMAO! As a fellow Canadian I too would like to get in on this.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-06-02, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"

Give me friendliness over hostility any time. Also the reason I enjoyed Amazing Race 1 more than AR2. This was in general a great group of people. I felt really touched when Rob said, at his departure, that he will always feel really close to "those nine people in there".

2) How do you think the "friendliness" of the players toward each other in this season has affected gameplay?

I liked the cooperation though I suspect it might have been harder to be The Mole when you got along so well with everyone.

The check is in the mail. Be sure to let me know if it doesn't arrive.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-06-02, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
>1) Which group did you like
>better? Why?
Season 2. They worked as a team and the mole did a fairly good job of keeping us guessing. If it was not for the hidden clues, most of us would still be clueless.

>2) How do you think the
>"friendliness" of the players toward
>each other in this season
>has affected gameplay?
I think it made it easier for the mole to move around and be the mole, without getting caught in E1,2,3 by everyone.

Sure if you will send me $500 first

Where are you mole? I am looking for you! I know you are here somewhere.

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-06-02, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"

Without a doubt, this 2nd group is much more entertaining. I was glad to see the very few duds go early on, but I honestly can't say that (with exception to Patrick and Myra) I was happy to see any of them go. Says a lot about the cast when you don't want someone to be executed, IMO.

I think their "closeness" (implied at least) probably relieved a lot of the stress they were most likely under. It helps in trying times to have someone to goof off with and take your mind off things. I also think this group was very open about sharing information with one another, another fringe benefit of being friendly with each other. (Heehee, remember when they wouldn't tell Patrick anything cause he was being a dolt? Funny stuff!)

I also think Serendipity is on to something when she says that the closeness probably made it harder for the mole. Think about the gladiator game. If the mole had sabotaged that, it would have taken all the fun (and pride in winning) out of the game for them. Most every player who has done an execution chat has mentioned that was their favorite game. Good thing the mole didn't steal that from them, but then, the mole was busy busting the gnome open.

Well, you seem to have struck out with everyone else, so sure, why not? (Just post your address, phone number, bank account number and social security number and I'll get it right out to you!)

Femme - is on a laptop and it suuuuuuuccccckkkkkksssss.

DaSaintFan 47 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaSaintFan Click to send private message to DaSaintFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
>So the questions are...
>
>1) Which group did you like
>better? Why?

Group 2.. they looked like they were PLAYING the games at times, and not just sabotaging one another at every opportunity. And they were HAVING FUN doing it for the most part.

>
>2) How do you think the
>"friendliness" of the players toward
>each other in this season
>has affected gameplay?

Definitely improved the gameplay... again, I think they were having more fun this year (see the Gladiator game for instance... )
>

>
sure, but you have to pay the $200 postage...

juggdishseuss 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-06-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juggdishseuss Click to send private message to juggdishseuss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
Season 2 was much more enjoyable than the first. Obviously you add 4 more people, the inter-personal relations increase exponentially. That being said, I find that there are many more contestants in season 2 I liked. Season 1 I was hard-pressed to find anyone other than Jim I really liked. Charlie was decent and Jennifer was okay, but not great. This season has given us the likes of Elavia, Bribs, Dorothy, Darwin, and Rob just to name a few of my favorites. All in all, I liked the season 2 cross-section much better...perhaps they all learned from Mole 1.

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-06-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Group Dynamics - Season 1 vs. Season 2"
1) Which group did you like
better? I liked the Season 2 cast better, although I have to admit that I kept waiting for Kate to kick Charlie's a** for his rude behavior all the time. I think if someone called me a stupid, fat bit**, I would want to take them out to the countryside and beat them black and blue. *laughs*

2) How do you think the "friendliness" of the players toward
each other in this season has affected gameplay? Made it too easy for Darwin to delude coalition partners.

Sure, Western Union ok? I'll put it on AyaK's credit card. *laughs*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •