The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"THE GREAT TWIST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"THE GREAT TWIST"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-02 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

Here is the preview for the final episode... I wanted to poll the message board and ask them what they think is the "great twist" at the end of the show, whether it's a "Bill is an old person" reasoning, or something else. You can even pick something stupid or funny, like "Rudi The Gnome is the Mole." Just throw it out there!!!

From TV Guide Online:

The reality series wraps up its second season of globe-hopping mind games.
With three players remaining, it's the moment of truth for the Mole, but first, “We reunite the 11 executed players and do a little recap,” says producer Scott Stone, to show “what finalist did that might be suspicious.” These clues, adds co-producer David Stanley, lead to “a great twist” and even more mystery surrounding the Mole. Then host Anderson Cooper steps forward to reveal the game's winner (who walks off with a percentage of the cash rewards from every mission accomplished), leaving the Mole to be unmasked in front of the sure-to-be-shocked players.

Edited to add:
YAY! 300th post!!!
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy

11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST Jims02 07-25-02 1
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST MYVERYOWN 07-25-02 3
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST mikey 07-29-02 26
       RE: THE GREAT TWIST Sophie 08-02-02 33
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST wildchickenhunter 07-25-02 2
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST Molzingvivor 07-25-02 4
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST juggdishseuss 08-02-02 36
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST weltek 07-25-02 5
   ...actually... Maddison 08-03-02 37
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST lizard 07-25-02 6
   HILARIOUS a77u12a 07-25-02 9
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST Kokoro 07-29-02 27
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST JillValentine 07-25-02 7
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST mikey 07-25-02 8
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST Sophie 08-02-02 34
       RE: THE GREAT TWIST Maddison 08-03-02 38
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST TheBoredGuy 07-25-02 10
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST Pants Optional 07-25-02 11
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST Jims02 07-25-02 12
       RE: THE GREAT TWIST Kokoro 07-29-02 28
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST survivorscott 07-25-02 13
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST Seyz 07-25-02 14
       RE: THE GREAT TWIST survivorscott 07-26-02 23
 The "Mission Impossible" GREAT TWIS... LadyLuna 07-25-02 15
   RE: The "Mission Impossible" GREAT ... a77u12a 07-25-02 16
       RE: The "Mission Impossible" GREAT ... MYVERYOWN 07-25-02 18
       RE: The "Mission Impossible" GREAT ... spyguy13 08-06-02 46
   RE: Pepsi Twist? Red Lady 07-26-02 19
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST ejm92 07-25-02 17
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST omar316 07-26-02 20
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST cyclehausen 07-26-02 21
       RE: THE GREAT TWIST Red Lady 07-26-02 22
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST dinknesh 07-29-02 24
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST molerific 08-02-02 32
       RE: THE GREAT TWIST Sophie 08-02-02 35
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST magic_star 07-29-02 25
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST catalicious 07-29-02 29
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST Seniorita 07-29-02 30
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST molerific 08-03-02 39
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST molerific 08-02-02 31
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST cyclehausen 08-04-02 40
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST cyclehausen 08-04-02 41
   secret do and heather coalition molerific 08-04-02 42
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST Perscors 08-04-02 43
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST molerific 08-04-02 44
 RE: MY GREAT TWIST aquarius 08-06-02 45
   RE: MY GREAT TWIST bella02 08-06-02 47
 RE: THE GREAT TWIST survivorscott 08-06-02 48
   RE: THE GREAT TWIST spaghettiandmilk 08-06-02 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-25-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-02 AT 02:54 PM (EST)

I'll start I guess. I think it would be a great twist if Dorothy was actually the mole, and ABC would reveal that the Telegram Clue and such were all red herrings! That would definitely turn my head.

Plus, it would be great to see if Heather won. That would be rich (literally). It could happen too:

(Come's from Heather, remarking about the coalitionin Ep. 10)

Heather: Dorothy's an exetremely intelligent person and I've pinpointed her... You know, besides being The Mole, as someone who definitely has a great chance of winning.

It would also be a hoot if Elavia was indeed the mole!!!
Quotes of the week:
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MYVERYOWN 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-25-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MYVERYOWN Click to send private message to MYVERYOWN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
i have been wondering what that twist would be also. and i think that out of the final three none of them would be a big surprise if they were the mole. i still think al should be the mole. he is the one nobody suspected and was most trusted and would be the biggest surprise. i have been wondering about elavia and i know i am wrong but what if elavia was the mole, she took the money, and they picked a new mole. i know it sounds stupid but there really wouldnt be any surprise to me if heather bill or dorothy was the mole.

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-29-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
It would be a great twist if they switched which tribe everyone was in, so that they would be forced to make new alliances. Or maybe drew rocks out of a sack to decide who goes and who wins.

(Which board was this? oh, sorry).

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-02-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
*giggles immaturely*

Sophie

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-25-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
I think " The Great Twist" would be if Elavia really was the mole. That would mean that the final three really are skilled.

Molzingvivor 48 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molzingvivor Click to send private message to Molzingvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Can't see that happening as the final question on the quiz asks "Who is the Mole?" with answers of Bill, Dorothy and Heather.

Now if the producers were smart perhaps they would have left all 14 names in for that question on every quiz thus throwing the players (and the viewers) a bit of a curve......

juggdishseuss 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-02-02, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juggdishseuss Click to send private message to juggdishseuss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Amazing idea wildchickenhunter!! Elavia is the mole. It sounds far-fetched, but I think this would be the most mind blowing twist of all. Imagine it. She was never eliminated. Anderson calls for the mole to come out, the door opens, the small room is empty. How odd is that? Anderson invites Heather to have her name entered...red screen. Anderson then invites Dorothy for the same...green screen!!! Bill is the mole, right? Anderson then enters Bill's name...red screen!! WTF? Elavia stands up from the group gathered, walks up to Dorothy and congratulates her on a job well done. Hitchcock couldn't have written a better twist. Unfortunately, the "twist" will probably be that Bill's mother gave him the middle name of "Mole" or something pathetic along the same line. Bill Mole McDaniel.

Retirement paycheck as an Admiral/Surgeon from the US Navy: $56,000.00

Being a bumbling idiot for a major television network: 150 Grand (or whatever a mole recieves)

Given the middle name of Mole at birth: Priceless.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
A tie for the win?

Maddison 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-03-02, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maddison Click to send private message to Maddison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "...actually..."
How juicy would that be?! If the two players actually tied the quiz, and finished at the exact same time. Man... That would shake things up a heckuvalot.

lizard 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-25-02, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizard Click to send private message to lizard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
I'm thinking with the word unmasked that Heather turns out to be a guy in drag, and AC reveals that it's really "MAle 2: The Next Betrayal" and that's what all the flashing a's have been about, and Bill doesn't qualify because he was Male 1, and ....oh never mind!

a77u12a 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-25-02, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail a77u12a Click to send private message to a77u12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "HILARIOUS"
now THAT would be one hell of a twist.

but what about if we found that bribs was in cahoots with the mole!

because he is the MOLE "TOO"

get it???

and what if we find that it's bribs because he was "the Next (to) Betray Al" i'm not sure how this fits with bribs... but who cares, i miss my favorite player.

now wouldn't THAT be something?? ; P

*sigh*

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-29-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
OMH lizard! That was going to be my "Great Twist"

Now ~that~ would be something to see....

Now let us never speak of S3 again.

JillValentine 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-25-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JillValentine Click to send private message to JillValentine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
LOL Jim02 ya know what will be the biggest twist in this game at the momment if Bill WINS the money and was not the Mole after all. The other big twist will be if Bill gets eliminated before Dorothy and Heather does. I was absolutely sure Al was about to be eliminated sometime I mean who will select a jerk for the mole in the first place. The main twist will be either of the 2 about Bill because this poll suspected him for being the mole pretty damn long! ^_^

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-02 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

If there were two moles working together, rather than one. (like in "Scream"), or all three are the mole (like in "The Orient Express")

08-02-02, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Okay, I like this idea! All three of them working together, or...two is more likely since it's The Mole 2. *giggles*
Anyway, I don't think that's going to happen though because the previews for this week say 1 loser, 1 winner, 1 mole.

*shrugs* ignore me please...

Sophie

Maddison 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-02, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maddison Click to send private message to Maddison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
How about if Bribs and Heather formed some sort of *aliance.* Like, they were talking one night and realized that they were both 50/50 on who the mole is-- so one of them would play the martyr card, and they would split the winnings after the show. (which is likely since televisionwithoutpity.com mentioned that Heather is no longer engaged AND she and Bribs *did* go out on a date...) What if they decided that they would go straight ticket on the next quiz-- Heather would answer for Dorothy, and Bribs would answer for Bill. Bribs was the executed one, so Heather knew to stick with Dorothy.

And they live happily ever after.

The end.

(Hey. It's possible. I would have done that if *I* were Heather-- Ditch the blue-eyed boy and bond with Bribs. I'm only human.)

TheBoredGuy 49 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheBoredGuy Click to send private message to TheBoredGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Let's don't get our collective hopes up. It's probably some weak twist that they're calling "great" with hopes of getting people's attention. I'm guessing it has something to do with the jackpot.

Pants Optional 15 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pants%20Optional Click to send private message to Pants%20Optional Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Anderson is actually the Mole. He has been the one person with the most opportunity to sabotage the pot. And, since Bribs can't be the mole, it must be Anderson.

07-25-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
That would be hilarious!!!

And then they reveal that for execution, they picked names out of a hat!

A green hat maybe?
Quotes of the week:

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-29-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Now that would be a kick in the pants - "Guess what? You know all that strategizing and analyzing you worked so hard it? It didn't matter for jack s*it!"

Now let us never speak of S3 again.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-25-02, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
That Simon form American Idol shows up and tells everyone what a poor job they did being the Mole.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Lol... and Paula tells them not to listen to him.. and that they all did a great job... even Bill!!!

Hey.. what are you doing watching American Idol when themole is on anyways?

07-26-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Just the Wednesday edition.

LadyLuna 114 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyLuna Click to send private message to LadyLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "The "Mission Impossible" GREAT TWIST"
We are informed that Dorothy wins, Bill is the mole and Heather looses...

BUT THEN...

Dorothy removes her mask and turns out to be... BRIBS! (just for you A7!)

AND THEN...

Bill removes his mask and turns out to be... AL! *GASP*

AND THEN...

Heather removes her mask and turns out to be... BILL! *Cheers*

AND THEN...

AC removes his mask and turns out to be...
(go ahead, you tell me )

a77u12a 130 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail a77u12a Click to send private message to a77u12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The "Mission Impossible" GREAT TWIST"
ac turns out to be... ELAVIA!!!!

ooooh i like that ending...

hahaha
thanks luna!

a77u12a <-- a girl.

MYVERYOWN 38 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MYVERYOWN Click to send private message to MYVERYOWN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The "Mission Impossible" GREAT TWIST"
now you guys are getting out of hand. it is all funny except for the american idol junk. i did like the idea of a tie but maybe it is something little like being able to double the pot or win more money. maybe they have a chance to gamble the pot and double it and the executed players try to prevent them from doing so and they all turn out to be the mole and then anderson says lets go sing tiny bubbles with my ladies and they all lose and there is no mole! ok now im getting out of hand. it probably is something stupid like last years mole being related to this years mole. i know that is wrong too but it has to be something stupid.

spyguy13 47 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail spyguy13 Click to send private message to spyguy13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: The "Mission Impossible" GREAT TWIST"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 10:40 AM (EST)

Then everybody pulls off their masks and they turn out to be last year's cast...and Kathryn pulls off her mask and she is really Robert Hanssen!!! (THE MOLE)

SpYgUy

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-02, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Pepsi Twist?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-02 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

This sounds like the commercial on TV for Pepsi Light Twist or whatever...the one with Halle Berry...no wait, it's Barry Bosworth...zziippp...

LOL
Red Lady

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
No, of course, the catch is, there were two moles. Dorothy was the original Mole, but ABC was upset because she did a piss pour job, so they told Bill he could start sabotaging. Dorothy was promised to be the winner if she kept her mouth shut, and they also gave Heather money if she'd keep her mouth shut.

In all actuality, I believe that the "great twist" is that ABC felt generous, and decided to subtract the money they earned from one million dollars, and give the money that is left to the Mole.....or something like that....hell, if Bill is a surgeon, then he doesn't need any money anyways.

Or....could Bill reveal that he is actually William Shatner? Maybe Dorothy is the daughter of Yoko Ono and John Lennon....lol.....I have no idea.

omar316 39 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-02, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail omar316 Click to send private message to omar316 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
The great twist would be Bill not being the mole, but the winner. They edit him so much to be the mole and him not being it would be a great twist. By the way you guys said Anderson was suprised on learning the identity of the mole, where did he say this do any of you have a link? plz post it if you do

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-02, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Here's the link to Anderson's oft-quoted "surprised" statement.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-02, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Thx, Cycle! That was a fun read! I keep forgetting to check the ABC Mole web-site...so I appreciate the link!

Regards, Red Lady

dinknesh 13 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-02, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dinknesh Click to send private message to dinknesh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
I figure the "great twist" is just hype, but was wondering what would happen if none of the players correctly answered "Who is the Mole?" on the final quiz. It seems unlikely, as I assume by now the two remaining players must know who the mole is, but it is possible that they just survived this long by getting the fewest number of questions wrong amongst players, and are therefore *mistakenly* confident that they know who the mole is. What if, for example, Bill thinks it's Heather and Heather thinks it's Bill, but it's really Dorothy? In the unlikely event that would ever happen, do they have a true winner?

molerific 56 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-02, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail molerific Click to send private message to molerific Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-02 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

I bet you're right! It definitely could happen that the two non-moles suspect one another and are just wrong! Hee hee! But there would be a winner, because the winner is he who answers most questions right...by shear error (these are tough questions) it's easy to have one person edge out the other on quiz questions. Then the twist would play out as follows:

Anderson annnounces, say, that Dorothy wins because she answered most questions correctly. He then asks Dorothy to tell everyone who she suspected as the mole. We hold our breath. She confidently says "Bill." Anderson asks the real mole to come out from behind his or her door, and Heather emerges to the horror and shock of both Bill and Dorothy.

It could very well be that all along NO one targeted the real mole (who I think is HEather) when they were answering the quiz. So I bet we find out that quiz scores were extraordinarily low---the non-executed ones were merely those that answered LESS wrongly than the others.

VERY possible!

08-02-02, 09:47 PM (EST)
35. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
That would be really cool! I hope that's what happens!

Sophie

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-02, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Congrats on 300 Jims!

I doubt there really will be a twist.They have used that word many times this season and it has never been anything really big.The best the twist could be would be if there were 2 moles but I really doubt it.

The Cubs win the World Series!Cubbies Win!Cubbies Win!

catalicious 8 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-02, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catalicious Click to send private message to catalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
I think someone already pointed out the great twist. I think there will be a tie between 2 players and a final cut throat elimination round will be used to break it. I remember in one episode (I think it may have been the Foot Wine episode) that Heather mentioned that Al and she were the closest to Anderson out of all of the players. So if Anderson was surprised at the identity and Al has already been eliminated, perhaps Heather is the mole and that is why he was so surprised?

Seniorita 12 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-02, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seniorita Click to send private message to Seniorita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
Ok, here's my spin...

Unbeknownst to the mole (Dorothy) Bill has seen her in the midst of a suspicious act early on, thus he always knows to answer the quiz 100% for her. Meanwhile, he assumes the role as the mole himself, bringing suspicion to himself to cause others to blunder. Losing small dollar amounts along the way (to keep himself in a lower tax bracket) This in turn brings much of Dorothy's sour looks and moods (and an occasional puke when running) exasperated sighs, and eye-rolling to boot.

In the end we will see a lot of hidden ABC coverage of Dorothy and Bill doing a mole tug-o-war which includes Dorothy whining..."No, I wanted to sabotage that game..."

Just a thought

08-03-02, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail molerific Click to send private message to molerific Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
It's nearly impossible to have a tie. THey'd have to both answer the same number of questions correctly, AND do it in the exact same time....

08-02-02, 08:17 PM (EST)
31. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
My guess is that the 11 players will be surprised. I think they mostly suspect Dorothy, maybe Bill. I think that they do not, for the most part, suspect Heather. Remember that they always voted her player they liked the most, and also, in Evader, they voted her the one player they would like to see win. Obviously...they did not suspect her as the mole at all. I think they'll be stunned.

08-04-02, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
I think I know what the great twist is...

...Heather and Dorothy have had a secret coalition all along.

Look back at the games:

ep 1 -
d: jump4life
h:ropewalk
ep 2 -
d: fashion guide
h: fashion victim
ep 3 -
everyone did same game
ep 4 -
d: dumb/smart
h: rappell
ep 5 -
d: think sink
h: get key
ep 6 -
both do bike game, but they chose different teams, not knowing that their two teams would end up together
ep 7 -
d: gladiator
h: gnome
ep 8 -
everyone played same game
ep 9 -
d: car game
h: wine game
ep 10, 11,12 - all played same game

So, Dorothy and Heather have consistently been on different teams, sharing information. I think that the scene up above the plaza was set up by the producers, who knew they had a coalition, to show the viewers the coalition in "current" time. As I have mentioned before, until this scene in the plaza, Dorothy and Heather had NEVER talked to each other on-screen.

So, that's my take on the big surprise.

08-04-02, 00:20 AM (EST)
41. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
An additional note: there may not actually be a big surprise. I mean, what are they going to put in the TV Guide blurb?

"The players gather together, grumpy and angry, to see the unveiling of the long-obvious Mole."

08-04-02, 01:13 AM (EST)
42. "secret do and heather coalition"
that's pretty clever that you noticed that...I've never understood how an alliance works on this show...boy, you really have to trust someone to give you the right scoop. Question: do some of the quiz questions relate to things that occurred when not all the players were present? That doesn't seem fair!

Perscors 4 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-02, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Perscors Click to send private message to Perscors Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-02 AT 02:53 AM (EST)

In Jennifer Biondi's latest commentary at tvgameshows.net she gives a compelling theory on what the "great twist" is...the contestants "twist" the doorknobs when they walk out of their closets to reveal the winner/mole. Because it was placed in quotes, this makes sense to me..."these clues lead to a 'great twist'..." It's a pun, much like we've seen on Survivor numerous times.

08-04-02, 01:44 AM (EST)
44. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
That's clever, but I don't buy it. The phrase "a great twist" is in quotes because the author of the article is quoting the producer. I think there will be something of a surprise...

aquarius 47 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquarius Click to send private message to aquarius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: MY GREAT TWIST"
Well, in less than 12 hours I will know if THE Great Twist is the the twist I have been yapping about for A LONG TIME! That we have being given clues as to who the mole IS NOT! So by process of elimination we can arrive at who the Mole IS! That is IF my "clues" are correct!
(not so the winner of the $$...that is still open for discussion)...

bella02 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bella02 Click to send private message to bella02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: MY GREAT TWIST"
I agree completely with you aquarius!! I've thought for a while now that perhaps the producers are showing us who is not the mole rather than who is. In multiple episodes they have shown a player in the same shot with a sign looking much like a circle with a diagonal line through it (the international symbol for NOT) For example, in the evader game, Al is shown in front of one of these signs, leading me to believe he was NOT the mole.

I could be way off...but it is an interesting thought. At this point I'm grasping at anything that will keep my hope alive that Bill is not the mole.

08-06-02, 05:46 PM (EST)
48. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
How about this...They offer another suitcase full of money to someone to leave the game right before the winner is announced?

100 postings whoo hoo!

spaghettiandmilk 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spaghettiandmilk Click to send private message to spaghettiandmilk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: THE GREAT TWIST"
My idea-They talk about how the person whose key opens the door is the mole, and they ask everyone to put the key in and try opening it.Low and behold, Bill comes out.But, Bill admits that he is not the mole.They then do the same process with the key of the winner, and Dorothy comes out, but she is also suprised.It turns out, from nowhere, Bill answered every one of the questions on the quiz right AND in a faster time than the mole, who ends up being Dorothy.Okay, so it probably wont happen, but it was an interesting idea at the time

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •