The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last Night's Episode - The Amazing Race"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last Night's Episode - The Amazing Race"
Was it just me, or did last night's GPS challenge seem like something out of The Amazing Race? They each choose different routes, the camera leaves you in suspense at the finish line as to who is arriving there first. I half expected Phil Keoghan to be wating for them at the finish and to say to Heather ... you are the last to arrive, I am sorry to say you have been eliminated from the race." She was even "bickering" with the cameraman (and herself) when she got lost, like TAR contestants bicker with their partners.

(unrelated, as I mentioned in another post, I think we will find out that Bill somehow sabaotaged Heather's GPS, as Mole David did to the two remaining competitors in the final episode of British Mole 1, according to its website.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amaz... sittem 07-31-02 1
   RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amaz... lizard 07-31-02 2
       RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amaz... Serendipity 08-05-02 4
 RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amaz... drooela 08-04-02 3
   RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amaz... sherlock 08-05-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-31-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amazing Race"
Agree Mikey on the TAR reference. The frustrating aspect of last night and TAR is never really being privey to who's ahead, behind, etc. TAR does give some periodic updates, but generally tries to prolong the suspense. I suppose suspense is good, but there was an uncanny parallel.

As to the Bill sabotage. If I remember correctly, both the pond and the hayfield were in easy view of the area all three contestents started from. It seems quite implausible that Bill could somehow get to her GPS ahead of her and sabotage it. Possible? Remotely. But, I put it highly unlikely. And even if he did - the purpose is what? To keep her away so he can win the money for the team? So he can look like a good guy? That would only be for the viewer because each of the three know who the Mole is and have known it for some weeks. I just don't see that scenario.

Now, I admit being an antibillfomo. I want to see things the way I want to see them. But, I just don't see any big advantage in Bill sabotaging the GPS even if he is the Mole.

Otherwise we agree completely!!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lizard 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-31-02, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizard Click to send private message to lizard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amazing Race"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

When the locations were allocated Bill grabbed the first one - maybe he knew which GPS worked? I guess even if it worked it didn't point out thorn bushes en route!!

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-02, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amazing Race"
Bill didn't grab the first one; the girls didn't want it. Heather said a sort of ugh when she read it and Dorothy said she was worried about the stamina part. Then Bill took it.

Bill didn't have his GPS when he walked thru the nettles. He had to hike 3.3 miles just to find his. Not to say he didn't sabotage Heather's, but it looked like a slightly different direction and that Heather got to her spot pretty quickly.

drooela 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-02, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drooela Click to send private message to drooela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amazing Race"
First of all I believe the mole is Heather and think that the producers didnt want HEather to win. The producers probably wanted Dot or Bill to get to the dossier to give them a chance. If HEather was the mole why would she need the dossier? If she was the mole she wouldnt really need the GPS right? They didnt film them the whole time they were racing, only at select times. The producers probably told her where to go when they were'nt filming. How could she not follow arrows on a GPS? I dont think anybody had time to sabotage a players GPS.

sherlock 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-05-02, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sherlock Click to send private message to sherlock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last Night's Episode - The Amazing Race"
The parts of the show were very similar to TAR2.

"Elementary, my dear Watson!"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •