The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

molerific 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-31-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail molerific Click to send private message to molerific Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
Bill is not the mole. All the clues that are cited on behalf of Bill (the Telegram, Admiral, bane) are planted by The Mole to throw US off. That's how The Mole works. Remember, the telegram was supposed to be written BY the mole. If it were Bill, the numbers would have translated to the first person, not the third person, i.e. "I am the Mole. Bill."

This leaves us with Do or Heather. Do is trying too hard to make herself appear to other players that she's the mole. Also, the suspicious things she does actually ADD to the pot, rather than take away (answering the IQ questions at the last minute, getting the greenhouse combination clue, sitting in the cockroach motel, etc.).

Ergo: Heather. Everything Heather does sabotages the game and gets players executed. Everyone (but Do) that she has a coalition with gets executed shortly thereafter (Katie, Bribs). Remember when the producers made a great show if quoting Katie as saying how much she trusts heather as an ally, etc. This will prove ironic. Also, notice when it's time to divvy up by personality for a quiz (pick three smart ones, three who like Romancing the Stone, etc.), Heather is ALWAYS among the first to volunteer onto a particular group. That she greased up the gnome before Bill took it was HUGE. Excellent mole-work. Many of the show's dramatic emotional moments are catalzed by Heather (as prompted by the producers I'm sure). Remember when the bags were being burned and she moaned about her Bible. She knew it hadn't really burned, but it provided great emotional tension for the audience. The wild boar in the forest was hilarious. They were definitely trying their own version of Blair Witch Project. I even wonder if the engagement was real or staged? I thought I remembered at one dinner she said her type was tall, hunky and blonde. Nick is not blonde.

Her acting upon losing the exemptions was hysterical. It was too much. Only a mole would try to act so bummed out.

Also, if you're the producer and you're picking Mole II, it would be too obvious to pick the OPPOSITE of last season. Who would think they would pick someone similar (good looking, young female).

Finally, Do and Bill are very intelligent. This game relies on intelligence. One's fate is in how one answers questions on the quiz. It is rational to imagine them getting this far. (although usually older men like Bill are not observant to the details that the quiz requires memory of) But Heather does not strike me as particularly brainy. She has awesome other qualities: fun, articulate, athletic, gung ho, enthusiastic, etc. I was always surprised she kept advancing....

The fascination to me is whether Do really knows Heather is the mole. I think she may. I was shocked when AC asked them if they wanted to replay the Evader game, and Do was the only one to say no. That was Do trying to cast suspicion on herself, but it also showed a breach in her alliance with Heather. Did you see Heather's face of shock at Do's NO vote? It was pure acting. And then not to mention it or ask about it later was too unusual. And Do definitely seemed to be trying to get Heather caught on the Evader game. She was not playing the alliance. She was playing Man vs. Mole.

Do will win, because ultimately Do is smarter and faster than Bill, and a better observer. Bill probably knows it's Heather, but Do will answer more questions correctly.

Does anyone remember when they played "who is your least favorite player?' Didn't Heather say BILL? I was shocked by that, but now it ties to the fact the MOLE is trying to frame BILL, both to the viewers and to the other players that she forms alliances with. My guess is that even now she's trying to convince Do that it's Bill....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... thissummer 07-31-02 1
   RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... evanakm 07-31-02 2
 RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... sittem 08-01-02 3
   RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... malibubarbie 08-01-02 7
       RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... lizard 08-01-02 8
           RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... malibubarbie 08-01-02 9
 My number one reason why it is not ... PagongRatEater 08-01-02 4
   RE: My number one reason why it is ... sittem 08-01-02 10
       RE: My number one reason why it is ... PagongRatEater 08-01-02 11
           RE: My number one reason why it is ... sittem 08-01-02 12
 RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... Seniorita 08-01-02 5
   RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwit... malibubarbie 08-01-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

thissummer 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-31-02, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thissummer Click to send private message to thissummer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
ABC has been trying way to hard to make heather look like the mole these last few weeks. i caould be wrong but i do not believe she is the mole. i think the surprise will be that heather wins it all. just a thought...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-31-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

>ABC has been trying way to
>hard to make heather look
>like the mole these last
>few weeks.

No way, they are trying to make Bill look like the mole, that is why there is so much emphasis on the Heather-Dorothy coalition. Believe whoever you want to be the mole for whatever reasons you want, but there is no way that Heather is being set up to look like the mole by the editing room. Walking out of the snake room and her breakdown in the forest are both something that they had to show since they were part of their respective assignments. The only way Heather could be being set up by the editors is if they spliced her interviews together in a way as to make her look suspicious, but like I said, these have focused in on her coalition. And not to mention all the "hidden" Bill clues. I'm not saying that Heather is the mole (I do think she is, but I'm not saying that here) but I'm just saying that there is no way that the producers want us to think that she is.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-01-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
Nice discussion with some fresh angles. As an anitbillfomo it's encouraging to see the reasoning and what to me are some solid observations. I still don't think Dot is the Mole, but I could easily accept her as I have seen ABC shoving Bill down our gullets.

I'm pretty bad at seeing the hidden clues (whatever they may be). I look much more to attitude/behavior/slip ups, etc. While looing for the definitive "Bill is the Mole" hidden in the small type, for me the nuances of behavior been much more on target. That's how I "caught" Kathryn last time and from that perspective I could see either H or D being the Mole. I, for one, would like to have those hidden clues as hidden as possible. I like the tension of not knowing until the end. The speculation is fun. Spoiling can be fun and I enjoy reading what others have to say, but I'd rather watch the show fresh and feel that there's a surprise around the corner. I still believe that surprise is there, even for most of the Hfomo and Dfomo's. We don't have the solid, irrefutable evidence that Bfomo's have. I think that's all great and I love the show for that.

BUT IT BETTER NOT BE BILL!!!!!!

Oh, one other thing in response to 'rific. All three players know who the mole is - they don't get this far without knowing that - apparently Al didn't know, or one of the vague questions on the quiz got him. Anyway - at this point they have to know and now it's a matter of how fast and accurate they can be on the last quiz. I still have to give Dot the edge here for two reasons. Her innate intelligence and her "alliance" with Heather. If that's true, then it was formed by Heather in order to take Dot to the end and make her the winner over Bill. However, as I write this, I wonder if the Mole with "integrity" for the role can actually be honest and feed information to a player so they emerge victorious. Maybe Bill and Dot are acutally totally on their own for the quiz and Heather has fed them both garbage.

So, now I've talked myself back into the place where I don't know anything and I'll just have to wait another 127 hours and 55 minutes to watch the last show.

I should probably just not even post this, but then the past 15 minutes of my life would be a total waste (so what's new about that??).

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-01-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
Al, in his debriefing, stated he split his votes between all three of the remaining players. He's such a smart cookie. I meant that sarcastically. All of his coallitions have gone away, he's just sitting there not knowing what's going on. And, he's the least suspected by almost all the players. Heather admitted she and Dorothy took down Al as well. I'm sure them putting all that doubt into his mind didn't help the situation for him. They also admitted getting rid of Bribs. Damn that sneaky Texan. Bribs could have won if she hadn't done that. Oh well.

lizard 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-01-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizard Click to send private message to lizard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
One thing about the H&D coalition bothers me. Do you think H&D "eliminated" Bribs and Al just by misleading them and assuming they'd do badly on the quiz? I'm not sure they could guarantee the two would answer poorly enough to be as certain as they were they could eliminate them. But what else could it be?

08-01-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
I guess that's all you can do in these games. I'm not sure if saying, "I'm the mole, and I want you to stay, because I like you," is allowed in this game. I also believe that Heather constantly telling Bribs she wasn't the mole, and he'd been voting for her for a long time might have affected/confused him. I think Heather did most of the sweet talking. She seems to be the more dynamic one, and then, convinced Al and Bribs that Dorothy was the mole. Or, if Heather's the mole, that it was Bill. I noticed on Al's execution, he said he was originally going to split the votes between 2 people, but then "something" happened to make him suspicious of the third person, as well. I'm guessing Heather or Dot was that "something." And, then Al went home. I know Bribs went straight ticket, but for whom I'm not sure.

Another thing that bothers me is if one of them was the mole, why didn't they also try to take out Bill? Maybe it would make it too obvious for the mole to blow her cover. Or, maybe, Bill was a good distraction. I'm not sure, but it seems like they got along with Bribs and Al more than Bill. Granted, Bill is older and they don't have much in common, but still, wouldn't they want to keep in someone else?

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "My number one reason why it is not Heather"
I'm really starting to think that she may be the Mole, but there is one very important thing holding me back from the Heather bandwagon. Back in the episode where she makes her coalition with Doro, she states "I swear to God I'm not the Mole."

Unless her entire religious conviction thing is a front put up by the show (which would be highly insulting to a large number of people), someone devoutly religious simply would not say that. If she did, personally, I'll be quite angry that she took the Lord's name in vain simply to fool one of the players out of thinking she is the Mole. It is an insult, blasphemous and just plain offensive,

Just my two cents, but for now I am going to take that statement to the bank.

08-01-02, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My number one reason why it is not Heather"
PRE - I don't know who the mole is, but I'll latch onto anything that suggests it's not Bill. It's probably Bill, but I sure hope not. I'm not convinced is Heather, but I'd love to make a case that it is.

So, to respond to your observation - I thought early on I was going to be drawn to Heather because of the Bible thing. I take my faith seriously, so I like to see what people on reality shows project in this area. However, I've looked in vain since then for other indicators of a serious spiritual side to Heather. I don't really see it. And, I've seen a number of things that suggest otherwise. That leads me to conclude one of two things. First possible conclusion - any and all of her background/beliefs/interests/boyfriend may be in part or in whole made up to fit a profile. Second possible conclusion - the Bible is in fact important to her as it was a gift from her father, but it's more of an artifact than it is a guidebook to live her life by. Both of these conclusions are a fit for me to explain how she could say what she did and still be the Mole.

That said, her statement that "I swear to God" comes off more like a fairly common cultural statement. ISTG is used on a regular basis and is said by people of shallow or non-existant faith to try to convince others of the veracity of what they are saying. When I hear the statement I don't look at the person making it and feel that they are a person of deep faith and that I can automatically trust them. I hang out a lot with evangelical christians quite a bit and ISTG is not a statement that I ever hear.

So, as one who can choose to be offended when faith and spirituality are lightly tossed around, if Heather was lying when she made the statement I won't personally be offended because I don't see any spiritual depth in her anyway.

Now, if Vee had said ISTG on S4, I'd have been troubled. I'm still trying to reconcile some of her actions from that time as I do believe she is a person of deep faith. But, that's another thread and another board.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My number one reason why it is not Heather"
You raise some valid points. Personally I have never seen her do anything that would indicate a strong belief except for the Bible incident, nor have I seen anything that would indicate to me that her faith IS a sham. We don't really see the contestants much on a personal level.

The fact of the matter is that she has positioned herself as a person of faith and even used that perception to convince Dorothy (if my Bible were here, I would SWEAR on it). I'm going to take what she said on face value and go ahead and believe that she is a Christian. Therefore, I'm going to continue to doubt that she is the Mole.

I truly hope that she did not position herself as a Christian just to pose for the show. Someone higher up the ladder than me will ultimately judge her for that, but I would still find that in VERY POOR taste.

08-01-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: My number one reason why it is not Heather"
Can't disagree with anything you said this time. I'm still dubious about her personally and I don't trust any of this as it relates to her being or not being the mole.

Don't recall your take on Vee, but I just posted some links in S Fanatics from the last couple of months.

Seniorita 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-01-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seniorita Click to send private message to Seniorita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
I have been a Dorothy fomo since early on. But I have almost caved in and moved over to the Bill fomo camp because of hidden clues (this must mean heather is the mole... hahaha) My view of this weeks episode is that, I thought it was the mole's job to keep the pot from getting large, so why would Bill toss in 100,000 right at the end? I mean unless ABC was like... "Ok Bill, we need to catch up with Big Brothers pot of money...

The one thing that irks me is the telegram that says the mole.. is bill....

So i will continue to be in denial for several more days if that indeed was true...

08-01-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TV Viewer as 15th Player Outwitted by the Mole"
I have a horrible VCR (I know, I keep saying it, I do. I don't want people to think I'm too lazy to look up clues I wouldn't be able to find. I've tried, trust me.) Anyhow, I was wondering if under the supposed, "Bill is 2 Mole" underneath, did it say winner possibly? And then people just went for the Bill is 2 Mole. I know there was an HoD (Heather or Dorothy?) above it.

I've pointed it out, before, and I'll point it out again, there were leftover numbers after the telegram. Maybe it said something else. No one has looked into it, I think mainly because it was thought to say, "Or KM." The numbers are harder to read, as well. Also, the telegram could say, "The Mole Is Bilk." That was pointed out by Cycle long ago, before he joined the dark side.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •