The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"journal exchange"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

juggdishseuss 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-02-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juggdishseuss Click to send private message to juggdishseuss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"journal exchange"
Here's the list of who get's who's journal:

From To
-----------------------------------
Patrick Katie
Bill Lisa
Dorothy Rob
Bribs Al
Katie Myra
Lisa Heather
Rob Elavia
Al Darwin
Patrick Myra
Heather Bill
Elavia Dorothy
Darwin Bribs

What effect does this have on episode 3's execution?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: journal exchange Seyz 06-02-02 1
 RE: journal exchange StarvingButStrong 06-03-02 2
   Journals: the living and the execut... WHaTTHeMoLe 06-27-02 3
       RE: Journals: the living and the ex... Bebo 06-27-02 4
       RE: Journals: the living and the ex... Jims02 06-27-02 5
       RE: Journals: the living and the ex... mookiemeister 06-27-02 6
           RE: Journals: the living and the ex... WHaTTHeMoLe 06-27-02 7
               RE: Journals: the living and the ex... malibubarbie 06-27-02 9
           KATIEFOMO plug cyclehausen 06-27-02 8
               a little sound and fury WHaTTHeMoLe 06-27-02 10
                   RE: a little sound and fury Jims02 06-27-02 11
                   RE: a little sound and fury malibubarbie 06-27-02 12
 RE: journal exchange juggdishseuss 06-27-02 13
   RE: journal exchange WHaTTHeMoLe 06-27-02 14
       The players left... cyclehausen 06-27-02 15
 RE: journal exchange Sadlady12 06-28-02 16
   RE: journal exchange malibubarbie 07-20-02 17
       RE: journal exchange nowhereman 07-20-02 18
           RE: journal exchange Femme 07-20-02 19
           RE: journal exchange malibubarbie 07-20-02 20
               THE NUMBER FOURTEEN cyclehausen 07-20-02 21
                   RE: THE NUMBER FOURTEEN malibubarbie 07-20-02 22
                       RE: THE NUMBER FOURTEEN moleish 07-20-02 23
                           RE: THE NUMBER FOURTEEN malibubarbie 07-21-02 24
 groups of three CVLspaz 07-21-02 25
 RE: journal exchange mindful 07-24-02 26
   RE: journal exchange malibubarbie 07-24-02 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-02-02, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: journal exchange"
Only read if you've seen Episode 3-

Maybe Lisa gets booted next because she got Bill's journal.. for those of you who think that Bill is the mole...
If Lisa got Bill's journal and the journal is VERY convincingly real (remember the mole would write in his or her journal but make up stuff to make the journal seem real.) So maybe Lisa got tricked by Bill's journal into thinking that there's no way Bill IS the mole.. and so when she takes the quiz.. she totally disregards Bill as the mole... and therefore she gets booted. But this is only if Bill really is the mole?

Also note that Myra gets Katie's journal. I remember Elavia hearing about Katie writing bad things about her in her journal. If Elavia hears about this.. then it means Myra has been spreading what's written in Katie's journal..
I remember Kathyrn said that as the mole she tried to cause dissention among the ranks. She said post game that she was trying to get people to quarrel and get everyone divided. Could Myra be doing the same thing?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

StarvingButStrong 74 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-02, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarvingButStrong Click to send private message to StarvingButStrong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: journal exchange"
Did you swap two names in transcribing your notes? Right now you have Patrick's journal going to both Katie and Myra (and Myra's journal going to no one), while Myra gets journals from both Katie and Patrick (and Patrick is left empty handed.)

I haven't seen the show yet, but I suspect you typed
Patrick-->Myra where you meant Myra-->Patrick.

WHaTTHeMoLe 135 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Journals: the living and the executed"
Since this week's episode was a little short on clues, I decided to take a look at an old item that no one has mentioned for awhile: the journals. Maybe this is meaningless, but it's something to think about.

I was wondering if the Mole's original journal is still in the game? Barring all opinions of who the Mole is for the moment, let's take a look:

Of the remaining seven players, Bribs', Al's, Heather's, and Darwin's original journals are still in play (they went to Al, Darwin, Bill, and Bribs, respectively).

Meanwhile, Bill's journal (which went to Lisa, who as we all know was executed immediately), Dorothy's (who went to Rob, who was the next to go), and Katie's (goodbye Myra) are gone.

One hypothesis: since the Mole would have known the journals were being switched, they probably would have used that to their advantage--I hope I'm not being too presumptuous to assume that whoever received the Mole's journal is no longer in the game. But maybe I am. Is it simply a coincidence, then, that Bill, Dorothy, and Katie are three of the favorite Mole suspects at this point?

(I'm sure someone will jump all over me and say that Heather is still a prime suspect, as is Darwin. Agreed. However, I've heard some interesting "clues" that pertain to Bill, Dorothy, and Katie, whereas those who suspect Heather and Darwin generally back it up with only their behavior and an elusive clue from closed captioning--please, let's not go there again.)

So... is the Mole's journal still alive and well? Or was it used as yet another tool of manipulation, deception, and ultimate victory over one of the other players?

-WHaTHeMoLE

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-27-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Journals: the living and the executed"
So... is the Mole's journal still alive and well? Or was it used as yet another tool of manipulation, deception, and ultimate victory over one of the other players?

What an excellent question to be considering, especially since next week some of the players will be getting new journals (See this thread: Episode 8 Quiz. It will be fascinating to see whose journals are exchanged or taken out of the game. Thanks for reminding us whose journals are still in play.

And welcome, welcome, welcome! I don't know what impressed me more about your first post - the interesting points you made, or the fact that you dug through older posts to find the original journal one. Looking forward to more of your insights.

Friendly advice dispensed daily, courtesy of My superiority complex

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-02, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Journals: the living and the executed"
Good post! It flowed really well!

However, there is a chance that the player who received the mole's journal may have simply use it for clues, and did not change their mind. That's what I would do at least. If I thought it was Al, and I got a new journal, I would look through it and find any Al clues I missed. Some of the players did express skepticism about "conspiracy" with the journals (i.e. Bribs labeling Darwin's pages).

Or perhaps, one of the remaining players thinks (and possibly is right) that they have received the mole's journal. If I thought it was Dorothy, and I received Dorothy's journal, I probably would be wary of anything in it.

Still, I really like your analysis! It's nice to see someone who bases information from logic.
----------------------------------------------------------
Round 3, Things to do:
1. Sabotage the pot
2. Pit one against the other
3. Send a chill up their spine
4. Make them beg
5. ADVERTISE MY SHOW!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-27-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Journals: the living and the executed"
>
>Of the remaining seven players, Bribs',
>Al's, Heather's, and Darwin's original
>journals are still in play
>(they went to Al, Darwin,
>Bill, and Bribs, respectively).
>
It's interesting that from the show, we know that Al, Darwin,
and Bribs are in a coalition. And from your description that
their diaries are also within their coalition. Is it possible
that those three realize none of them are the mole so they
formed temporary alliance to prevent information on their diaries
from being shared by others?

06-27-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Journals: the living and the executed"
Jims-
Thanks for the input!

I'm going to go ahead and run with your argument that whoever received the Mole's journal read it with a grain of salt and is still in the game. That means we need to look at Bribs, Al, Heather, and Darwin.

I'm going to rule out Bribs because it's painfully obvious to me that he isn't the Mole (I won't waste time explaining here), and Al as well (some may disagree but at this point I'd rather not get into it). That leaves us with Darwin and Heather.

Scenario 1: Heather is the Mole. Bill receives her journal but suspects her (or can't make heads or tails of her organization--a possiblity if you recall his comments regarding her journal--and disegards it completely), and remains in the game. This is somewhat consistent with his actions, especially his profuse blaming of Heather for his failure in the gnome home game. It's a little inconsistent since he tried to claim that Elavia was at the top of his list, but moving on...

Scenario 2: Darwin is the Mole. His journal goes to Bribs, who, at that point in the game suspects everyone (and rightly so), and simply uses the journal to record his own information. Still being suspect of Darwin, he forms a coalition in order to keep an eye on him (?). He also forms one with Heather because if Darwin is the Mole he needs to be getting good information from somewhere else. Or maybe he forms it simply because he's male, and, well, look at her... :0)

Obviously, Bribs either trusts Darwin a lot or is fairly sure he's the Mole. (I'm going with the former since on his love/hate lists Darwin fell in the middle both times, and most people were throwing their first and last spots to Mole suspects.)

Mook- I tend to think your assessment of the Bribs-Darwin-Al coalition is right. I think they feel none of them are the Mole and are just using each other for information and misdirection as long as possible.

How does everyone else feel about these scenarios that assume the Mole's journal is still in the game? I'm not sure they work for me, but they're worth discussing.

-WHaTHeMoLe

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-27-02, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Journals: the living and the executed"
Actually, Bribs has mentioned a number of times how suspicious he is of Heather. That's why he's constantly around her. Every quiz confessional, he mentions Heather. (I.E.: "I'm suspecting Heather. It's strange how she's so adamant about me voting for Elavia.") He mentions his suspicions several times throughout the game. It's got nothing to do to how hot he thinks she is. (He admitted there was no romantic feelings.) Anyhow, Darwin is the mole, and if Dorothy knows who the mole is, she is one smart cookie, she thinks it's Bribs according to her confessionals. It would be surprising to many if he turned out as the mole. ABC could be leaving out some suspicions about him to make it a susprise ending.

Darwin is my FOMO.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-27-02, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "KATIEFOMO plug"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-02 AT 07:08 PM (EST)

(Edited to note that I'm a big doofus who doesnt understand what he posts)
By the same token, there is only one person still in the game whose journal went to an executed player who, at the time that player was executed, was making a big deal about said journal...

(read it again if you didn't get it... been reading a lot of Faulkner lately )

...and that is KATIE!! Remember the journal fuss right before Patrick licked the big one?

Just thought i'd harp on it...

"By that logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away."

"Really? How does it work?"

"It doesn't work....but I dont see any tigers around, do you?"

"Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock!"-HJ & L S.

06-27-02, 06:50 PM (EST)
10. "a little sound and fury"
>By the same token, there is only one person still in the game whose journal went to an executed player...

Actually, you've got that backwards. Katie got Patrick's journal, not the other way around. Maybe you should lay off the Faulkner until this season of the Mole is over...

Malibubarbie- I agree that Bribs suspects Heather. I actually don't think the Mole's journal is still in the game, I was just playing out a string of logic to see if it worked. It didn't.

For the record, I'm pretty much a BILLFOMO. That said, I think you're right about Bribs' coalitions. I wasn't trying to insinuate that there was any relationship between he and Heather, either, I was just being facetious. (While I'm on the subject of being facetious, can I say how much I miss Elavia already? The way she was messing with everyone's minds was artfully priceless. I hope Dorothy can make it the rest of the way without her to use as a diversion. Moving on.)

I'm trying to complile a list of who each player suspects from most to least likely. Unfortunately, I just loaned all my tapes to a friend so she could catch up on the episodes she missed, so I can't peruse them all right now. I think someone already started a thread on this anyway so I don't think it belongs here. Party on...

-WHaTHeMoLe

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-02, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: a little sound and fury"
I am REALLY impressed! Lately, we've had a wave of new posters who point out the same clues, so these posts are a new novelty. You need to post more often! It really looks like you thought about the situation, and wrote about the possible outcomes! Good job!

Maybe you could look over my Coalitions Thread and add your thoughts. It could help.

The problem with MANY clues is that none of them really say that so-and-so is the mole. Oh yeah, some will make you suspicious, but there are always other ways things could have occured.
----------------------------------------------------------
Round 3, Things to do:
1. Sabotage the pot
2. Pit one against the other
3. Send a chill up their spine
4. Make them beg
5. ADVERTISE MY SHOW!

06-27-02, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: a little sound and fury"
I agree! I miss Elavia too, and I didn't mean to disregard your clues, I'm very impressed with it actually. But, what can I say, I'm adamant about Darwin being teh mole. (Is it just me or can I feel one of the most fired up board weeks yet?)

juggdishseuss 73 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-02, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail juggdishseuss Click to send private message to juggdishseuss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: journal exchange"
One thing I'd like to add to this post: The Patrick factor. It was stated ad nauseam that Patrick's journal contained a littany of info on every aspect of the game. At first, that very journal is what I thought was keeping two very weak players in the game (Katie & Heather). I'm not sure what to make of it at this point, but I do think they have done an excellent job of using that journal info to their advantage.

06-27-02, 07:54 PM (EST)
14. "RE: journal exchange"
I don't know why I hadn't made that connection yet, but you may be right. It's a great idea. I was trying to convince myself that Katie was only left because she made a lucky guess at some point and just got there quicker than some of the other players, but it makes much more sense that she is floating on some observations and logic of Patrick's. Thanks for putting that together!

-WHaTHeMoLe

06-27-02, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "The players left..."
are only better than the ones executed.

Remember, Myra (the latest executee) was taking every quiz based solely on one person (my guess is Dorothy.)

There is a good possibility that Katie (if not the Mole) is still totally clueless.

Sadlady12 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-28-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sadlady12 Click to send private message to Sadlady12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: journal exchange"
Does anyone have a list of the journal numbers and who has what number now?

With the upcoming episode bringing the journals back in, it might be useful information.

07-20-02, 03:23 AM (EST)
17. "RE: journal exchange"
I THINK (and correct me if I'm wrong,) that Bill has journal #14 currently, and originally Heather had it. The number 14 has come up consistently throughout the show. I dug this thread out, because I think that any thoughts would be appreciated, along with any journal numbers. I know I'm not a Heather nor am I a Bill FOMO, but maybe it's a Heather clue? Because people would think journal 14=Bill, but maybe it was journal 14= Heather (the original owner.) Or maybe it means nothing at all.

nowhereman 131 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nowhereman Click to send private message to nowhereman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: journal exchange"
"...The number 14 has come up consistently throughout the show."

In what way more than the other numbers?

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-20-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: journal exchange"
Yes, I'm not sure about the many references to the number 14, either...

Femme

07-20-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: journal exchange"
It has just come up at different points in the show. 14 was overstated a lot in the wine game (yes, I know, because it's Al's shoe size, but it was still a kind of remembered number.) In the clue with all the number, the only 2 digit number that hadn't been cut apart was 14 which stuck out to me. There have been other ones, as well, but I'll have to rewatch and edit and post them later. I'm just throwing an idea out. No need to repeat Femme, I see nowhereman's post and if you have the same comment, I'll get around to it when I check the boards eventually.

07-20-02, 08:04 PM (EST)
21. "THE NUMBER FOURTEEN"
is probably so prominent because there are/were 14 contestants. Hence, the original journals were numbered 1-14, and blah blah blah.

07-20-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: THE NUMBER FOURTEEN"
True.

moleish 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-20-02, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moleish Click to send private message to moleish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: THE NUMBER FOURTEEN"
Wasn't Bill's hotel room number from the midnight tetherball game 143? I remember this because they focused on it like they did the previous week when he was in room 153. Interesting... that would be a descending number of players. 153 denotes 5 players remaining after that night's episode, 143 means 4 players left after that night's episode. Am I counting the wrong number of players here? Or are the room numbers part of the hidden clues?

I'm still an AlFOMO but this Bill clue is interesting.

07-21-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
24. "RE: THE NUMBER FOURTEEN"
Yeah, I believe so. I'll go back and double check. It's just, they focus somehow on the numbers 14. So, maybe it's pointing to Dorothy or Bill, because they're the only 2 who switched to one another still in the game. It could very well be a hidden clue, because, I doubt they'd focus on it if it wasn't "important." They might, but I remember in one episode, they showed Al sneaking down the hall jotting down all of the room numbers, so I'm assuming that the players think it may come in handy.

CVLspaz 109 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-02, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CVLspaz Click to send private message to CVLspaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "groups of three"
i was taking a look at the journals (who got whose, etc.) a while back. i don't know why i didn't post it then, but i am now. i don't know if this bears any significance to the identity of the mole, but i guess you all can figure that out

when they passed journals they, essentially, split into four groups of three and passed their journals once. i'll show this. those in all caps are the remaining players.

HEATHER'S ----> BILL
BILL'S -------> lisa
lisa's -------> HEATHER

AL'S ---------> darwin
darwin's -----> bribs
bribs' -------> AL

katie's ------> myra
myra's -------> patrick
patrick's ----> katie

DOROTHY'S ----> rob
rob's --------> elavia
elavia's -----> DOROTHY

Dorothy and Al are the only players in their circles that are left. Darwin and Bribs only went down recently while Rob and Elavia left awhile ago. Lisa went very quickly. did this tip off Heather, Bill or both (seeing as they're both left) Katie, Myra, and Patrick are all 3 gone. what could this mean? i'm not sure what to make of this, but i thought it might be a nice discussion piece

mindful 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-24-02, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindful Click to send private message to mindful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: journal exchange"
>Here's the list of who get's
>who's journal:
>
>From
>
>
>
> To
>-----------------------------------
>Patrick
>
>
> Katie
>Bill
>
>
>
> Lisa
>Dorothy
>
>
> Rob
>Bribs
>
>
>
>Al
>Katie
>
>
>
>Myra
>Lisa
>
>
>
> Heather
>Rob
>
>
>
> Elavia
>Al
>
>
>
> Darwin
>Patrick
>
>
> Myra
>Heather
>
>
> Bill
>Elavia
>
>
> Dorothy
>
>Darwin
>
>
> Bribs
>
>
>What effect does this have on
>episode 3's execution?

But u have to realize that Mrya is gone so as Elavia and Katie so its funny how when lisa got Bill's journal she was gone that eposide.

07-24-02, 07:14 PM (EST)
27. "RE: journal exchange"
You know, the journal is a question on the last quiz.

Anyhow, speaking of irony on Bill's part. I was watching episode 4 and when Darwin and Bribs are talking, Bribs says something like, "Bill said that if Patrick doesn't stop, he's going to go." And then, Patrick was gone that episode. Coincidence? Hey, helping the Bill cause. As I'm sure Heather is not the mole.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •