The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Esoteric clues?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnnysOldAunt 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-23-02, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnnysOldAunt Click to send private message to JohnnysOldAunt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Esoteric clues?"
Hey, old woman here, so bear with my puttering mind, but when the voiceover says watch for clues, I just figured they meant the clues that occur from the players. I have tried reading the threads about the ascending and descending numbers of dismissal which sometimes trip back on themselves on Thursdays when the moon is full and everyone is eating Burger King because it rhymes with Heather and on and on and on. Are you sure the clues aren't just like when:

Heather refuses to spend the night in a room with an obviously fed and sated python who only thinks of her as a pillow, thereby losing her team 1/5th of the end jackpot? And she does so only after saying to Al, who has tried to trick her into admitting that she was the Mole, "That's not going to work"? And, as the only contestant to actually fool Bill in the lying contest, show her skill and cunning on TV for misleading people?

Or how about Dorothy, who calls the python a boa constrictor in her description to Bill, although Heather has only used the word python to her in her descriptions (on tape, we see that Heather calls it a python at least three times in front of or directly to Dorothy). The word python can be used on several breeds of snake, including but not limited to the boas, but without seeing it, she identifies is correctly later to Bill (Yes, it was a boa). I actually do not suspect Dorothy as she has indeed saved the pot at the last minute too many times to be an undermining mole, but just to make a point...huh, she knew what the snake was without seeing it?

And Bill, who is all but removed from this episode...why? To make sure that there are no more slip-ups or hints before he is revealed as the mole? To allow the viewers to slid towards the other three contestants as possible mole contenders rather than Bill? Heck, I'll even go with the "Dinner is compliments of MickeyD" as possibly indicatin a clue towards old Bill. And if Bill did just happen to pull enough correct answers out of his hat to pass the Quiz after missing all but a small portion of this final game, how was he able to eliminate Al as the mole without having more clues than a brief description of the night games? When you have three suspects and you are able to miss the final game, but still decide you knew enough to not only take the quiz, but obviously have narrowed it down to the real mole's direction with no time and little info, that has to make you a prime suspect. Al was there, and he counldn't figure it out, thus failing the quiz. Bill's assurance may just be the best clue that he is indeed the mole.

Anyway, I guess my point is they are handing us some very tangible clues if we are paying attention. I'm not sure that the fact that a sign in pink hanging over a door behind the contestants that matches the color of socks that Anderson was wearing while standing next to Dorothy is all that pertinent.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Esoteric clues? cyclehausen 07-23-02 1
   RE: Esoteric clues? JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 3
       RE: Esoteric clues? cyclehausen 07-24-02 5
           RE: Esoteric clues? JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 7
               RE: Esoteric clues? cyclehausen 07-24-02 10
                   RE: Esoteric clues? JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 17
 RE: Esoteric clues? Seniorita 07-23-02 2
   RE: Esoteric clues? JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 4
       RE: Esoteric clues? cyclehausen 07-24-02 6
 Just a more in-depth reply cyclehausen 07-24-02 8
   RE: Just a more in-depth reply malibubarbie 07-24-02 9
       RE: Just a more in-depth reply JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 13
   RE: Just a more in-depth reply JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 11
       Maybe I am your nephew cyclehausen 07-24-02 12
           RE: Maybe I am your nephew JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 14
               RE: Maybe I am your nephew JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 15
               RE: Maybe I am your nephew cyclehausen 07-24-02 16
                   RE: Maybe I am your nephew JohnnysOldAunt 07-24-02 18
                       RE: Maybe I am your nephew cyclehausen 07-24-02 19
                           RE: Maybe I am your nephew DaSaintFan 07-24-02 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-23-02, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
I have to agree with most of your post, but I must point out that Bill not being in the funhouse (and thus absent from most of the episode) was the total decision of Heather and Al.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-24-02, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnnysOldAunt Click to send private message to JohnnysOldAunt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
Cyclehausen! Thank goodness you're here. I had all but given up after searching the board for you tonight, I thought you had decided we were all to silly to talk with.

How was it Heather and Al's decision? I thought it came down to a turn of the cards once everyone was in the game having posted their chips. Then Al eliminates Dorothy...Heather eliminates Al, after a momentary hesitation between Al and Bill...then Heather recieves the low card. Bill as the high card winner is sent back to the hotel. I won't be surprised at all that I have this wrong, but I watched it a second time to try and be sure. Did I miss something?

07-24-02, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
You are correct, but my point is that Heather and Al, when drawing their cards, had the chance to force Bill out of the card game and into the funhouse. They did not.

Hence, there was no way this was "set up" by the producers.

Also, the cards were cut by a player before each deal, so there was no stacking of the deck. (Although with only 13 thick cards and no way to comfortably shuffle them, an observant person could do a brilliant cut)

07-24-02, 00:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
OK, now I see.

I guess my theory on that was that Al forced Dorothy, the person he has suspected of being the mole for the past three episodes, into the funhouse. Especially last week, Al has made it increasingly obvious that his suspect for mole was Dorothy (think of the tower, where he couldn't stop fixating on her, and kept moving players to compensate for that suspicion).

Heather either is the Mole, or wanted to keep Al, her suspect, in the funhouse. Personally, I still have her at the head of my list, so I'm going with the thought that as the Mole, Bill was just an unecessary component. To the Mole, it really wouldn't matter who ended up in the funhouse, since your goal is it confuse everyone else. She hesitated on Bill or Al, and if I were the Mole, I would have pulled Al into the funhouse with me too. Bill has fallen for Heather's "too cute to think deep" act from day one, and I think he suspects Dorothy as the Mole...as he suggests in the lie detector game that followed.

Either way, the Mole wasn't necessarily trying to elimnate any one person, but whoever came into his/her path and opportunity...Bill, Al, or whoever.

Just a weird theory.

07-24-02, 00:32 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
You posted this while I was writing the below reply. I didn't realize you still considered Heather a possibility.

As a player, I would want to keep the Mole out of the funhouse for 2 reasons:

-it would seem at that point that the player left would receive the exemption

-it would also seem that the funhouse would continue the game and affect the pot; as a player at that point, I want the Mole as far from MY money as possible.

I agree that Al probably thought it was Dorothy and this was his downfall.

07-24-02, 01:13 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
Good points! Do you think that maybe Al kept Dorothy there because he wondered if the exemption could be for the person who won the card game? I like what you say about keeping the Mole out of the fun house, unless he (Al) thought at that point that he could still win the card game, and possibly win the exemption in association with the winners position or resulting priveleges. Then I would be trying to get the Mole out of contention and stuck in the funhouse. I am so sleepy, I don't even know if that made sense, so just toss it on out of your mind if it didn't!

Seniorita 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-23-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seniorita Click to send private message to Seniorita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
I think that each week the show has a clue specifically for the home audience to see.
I think they also edit the show in a way to provide many theories for each player to be the mole.
therefore, it is our job... no, our duty (lol) to decipher what is a true clue, and which players are acting like the mole to throw others off
If I was not the mole, I would risk small $ amounts and try hard to keep larger amounts in the pot. I would also really really want an exemption...

07-24-02, 00:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
Senorita, I think you are absolutely right. One of my biggest frustrations is knowing that the editing is directing my ability to solve the whole puzzle! The way that certain people are shown doing suspicious or game neutral actions so that I move them to the head of my list, only to remove them in the next show as too obvious or seemingly innocent just drives me bonkers! But do you think that some of the really wild things that people are pointing out as the clues really are? I am truely not being critical, I'm just confused. If the way to solve this puzzle is match the picture displays at the web site to the way that a character enters a van during the show, while subtracting the amount of egg rolls he ate at dinner, before he sat next to the most recent person dismissed is really the way to solve it...what's the point? That would make my favorite game more masochistic and petty than Big Brother 3, 2 or 1.

07-24-02, 00:11 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Esoteric clues?"
That would make my favorite game more masochistic and petty than Big Brother 3, 2 or 1.

Oh, Auntie, bite your tongue!

07-24-02, 00:25 AM (EST)
8. "Just a more in-depth reply"
...to a wonderful post.

Heather refuses to spend the night in a room with an obviously fed and sated python who only thinks of her as a pillow, thereby losing her team 1/5th of the end jackpot

I think Heather was totally truthful about the $476,000 being enough. She KNOWS it is Bill, and had to try to arouse suspicion in Dorothy and Al's mind by sabotaging that big pot. She is also obviously afraid of snakes, regardless of how fed they are (I mean, you KNOW the producers aren't going to let the snake compress and swallow you)

Or how about Dorothy, who calls the python a boa constrictor in her description to Bill, although Heather has only used the word python to her in her descriptions

Dorothy also knows that Bill is the Mole. I don't think calling a python a constrictor was as suspicious to Bill as the fact that Dorothy said it hissed (which, in fact, Heather said to Dorothy). This could also be an honest mistake on Heather's part, not knowing the difference between the tongue-flicking noise and a hiss. Bottom line, though, is an exemption for Bill meant nothing to Dorothy.

I go along with the Bill clues, because ... well, you know where my sentiments lie.

And I do agree that there have to be tangible clues - but I also think that because Bill is the Mole, they are all there.

It's a shame that the producers planted hidden clues for Katie and Darwin in every episode, and that they left so early. Hopefully next season they will not promise a clue in EVERY episode. But time will tell.

(great show, though.)

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-24-02, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Just a more in-depth reply"
I'm going to agree with the idea that the clues are going to be simple, and we're all going to be dissapointed as hard core molerons. The odds of ABC thinking up something vastly complex are low, and I'm assuming that it's going to upset us if it's Bill to see, "Admiral, telegram, dollar bills"- all the things we don't think of as real clues. Or if it's Dorothy "close up of her mole, wearing green, cat eye glasses." Or whatever for Heather.

07-24-02, 00:55 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Just a more in-depth reply"
And MalibuBarbie is here too! What a great night, but as my faltering typing will tell all of you, it waaayyyy past this old east coasters bedtime. I know leave this topic in the capbaple hands of Cyclehausen and Malibu, who should solve this whole thing easily for us before the final show next week...or is it the week after? Either way, have a great week and I'll see you next Tuesday!

07-24-02, 00:45 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Just a more in-depth reply"
Boy, you and my nephew, Cyclehausen....you both are convinced it's Bill, and I will believe that far more easily than Dorothy is the Mole! Bill has been running second for me ever since Katie left us, or maybe even before. When the former admiral couldn't tread water for more than 8 minutes, warning bells began to go off. Bill has stated that he is concerned with his representation on the show, refusing to wear the diaper, but he talk openly about how it was his future wife's ---- that first made him notice her. I'm from Bill's generation, but I also grew up military, albeit a different branch. His words were a coarser action than wearing a diaper would have been. With movies showing every type of military proclivity, I'm sure it wouldn't seem so, but for our generation, salty old guy or not, that was a no-no. Bill has failed in every game that I can think of, although the walkie-talkie thing last week really was Al's, as the group's hyper-active child, fault. Bill does give him the visual and tells him to go, but Al, playing with the straps and gadgets, misses his cue. Still, did Bill every win anything for the team? And I mean contribute a singular action that helped the team lift the pot? Yeah, you guys may just be right. Bill may be the Mole!

07-24-02, 00:54 AM (EST)
12. "Maybe I am your nephew"
I wasn't convinced until Al left. I could pull a clue for every ep (some quite shaky) for Al, but I can't find ANY hidden clues for Heather, and a very small spattering for Dorothy.

07-24-02, 01:05 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Maybe I am your nephew"
Heather flies pretty far under the radar, but if you watch her, she is consistent in one thing...she looses money every time.

Last week, during that whole crying jag, Heather was acting as if she had tried her darndest for an expemtion, and yet, when Al sees her in the first game, she stops. She doesn't run or try to hide, protecting the sign on her back, which is the only way to loose the game...no, she stops and waits for Al to catch up and tear it off her back.

In this show, Heather simply refuses to accomplish her task.
Yeah, right now, Heather and Bill are pretty much neck and neck to me, which can only mean the Mole is Dorothy..afterall, I thought it was Katie for more then half of the show!

Naw, you're not my nephew...you're just his hero! Goodnight!

07-24-02, 01:07 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Maybe I am your nephew"
Exmption?? Looses?? Now this is getting ridicoolos...heee. I am tottering off to bed!

07-24-02, 01:07 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Maybe I am your nephew"
But you're forgetting....

That being CAPTURED is what made the money!!!

Remember, the lookouts and tracker were working together with money as the incentive; Heather was working alone for sabotage/exemption.

Ultimately, all 3 of the remaining contestants have participated in a substantial amount of sabotage. Heather is still a possibility, but don't say I diddinatoldayouso.

07-24-02, 01:19 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Maybe I am your nephew"
Hey, if Bill is it, then I expect and demand that you yell itoldyouso all across these boards next week, and rightly so!

I felt last weeks episode was just a production attempt to mislead from Heather by allowing her to fail at "something she wanted so badly". Her crying jag seems to have convinced many people that she is simply too emotional to act a the Mole, but I guess I feel a great deal of Heather is "acting". Next week should be an real eyeopener!

07-24-02, 01:55 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Maybe I am your nephew"
Given the way I was promoting Katie like a '99 tech stock, I can't say "I told you so" to anyone. In fact, until this week my whole mantra was "anyone but Bill." So I won't say I told you do, but don't you say I didn't.

DaSaintFan 47 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaSaintFan Click to send private message to DaSaintFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Maybe I am your nephew"
>Given the way I was promoting Katie like a '99 tech
>stock, I can't say "I told you so" to anyone.

DANG IT CYCLE!!! you just made me send coffee flyin' everywhere!!!!!

*hehehee*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •