The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nashville Star 7/28"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Nashville Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-28-08, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nashville Star 7/28"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-08 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

Down to the final 4, y'all! Woo Hoo!

Can't say I would have pick these 4, but hey, it could have been worse.

So join me for a sigpic free rant about Coffey, Shawn, Gabe and Melissa.

Jewel has a cute short bob. Very forties.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Shawn Mayer whimsey 07-28-08 1
 Gabe Garcia whimsey 07-28-08 2
 Coffey whimsey 07-28-08 3
 Melissa Lawson whimsey 07-28-08 4
 And the bottom 2 whimsey 07-28-08 5
   RE: And the bottom 2 mindy23 07-29-08 6
       RE: And the bottom 2 whimsey 07-29-08 7
           RE: And the bottom 2 gypsyvixen 07-29-08 8
               RE: And the bottom 2 whimsey 07-29-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-28-08, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Shawn Mayer"
Goes home to May City, IA. 500 folks turn out in a town of 45. Shawn leads a pack of motorcycles into her concert.

1st song: "Here for the party" Gretchen Wilson

Great job, smiling with a hop in her step. She seems to have a bit of a beer tummy.

Jeffrey says she's having wisdom tooth issues ... way to be a pro.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-28-08, 08:33 PM (EST)
2. "Gabe Garcia"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-08 AT 09:13 PM (EST)

Home to South Texas, seems in his element. Talks about his dad that past away last October.

sings: "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" Alan Jackson (threw a little Jimmy Buffet in there for good measure)

Seemed more emotionally engaged, smiled and made eye contact.

Judges were so-so. Jewel is holding back so far. Warning each if they "have it" to be the Nashville Star.

2nd song: "Livin in fast forward" Kenny Chesney.

Very nice job. Still holding back, though.

07-28-08, 08:43 PM (EST)
3. "Coffey"
Goes home to LA instead of Texas 'cause that's where his daughter is. Patricia Heaton and Sinbad stop by to give support.

sings: " Sweet home Alabama"

Gives a shout out to Ronnie Van Sant of Lynyrd Skynyrd

You know how I feel about Coffey, but he does his homework. Knows what to say and when to say it. He has worked very hard to be on top. I agree with John Rich - he's a star, no doubt, but not a Nashville Star.

07-28-08, 08:51 PM (EST)
4. "Melissa Lawson"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-08 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

Goes home to her hometown in Texas. Straight to her 5 boys. Yikes! 5 boys in 9 years. Her concert is in her high school She is in great voice.

sings: "Hit me with your best shot"

Slams it. Melissa has a great voice, and she sells it. But Jeffrey is right, she over shoots it.

2nd song: "Jesus take the wheel" Carrie Underwood.

Sings less in your face, but still powers through. Lost it at the end.

**safe!**

07-28-08, 09:09 PM (EST)
5. "And the bottom 2 "
The bottom 2 are:

Coffey and Gabe Garcia.

Going home tonight is......

Coffey. And he doesn't really seem to mind. Says if you don't catch him on tour, you'll catch him in church singing praise.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-29-08, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: And the bottom 2 "
Thanks again, Whimsey for your time and energy in putting this all together for the TWO of us who actually watch this show!! LOL.

I just caught it this morning on my DVR, and was happy to see Coffey finally eliminated. Felt that a few really better than he, had left earlier. But he did have that charistmatic factor that got him as far as he went. And he was a good guy.

Have to say, the final 3 are really good, IMHO, and I don't know who I would have voted for, had I been up and non-comatose last night. I love Shawn's energy, and those eyes! WOW. Love Gabe's originality, and that voice-he is all Country all of the time. Not that crazy about Melissa, and her answer to why she wanted to be the next Nashville Star just didn't make sense. It's not as though she lives in a single wide in Podunk. I don't know what her husband does for a living, but her house is WAY better than MINE! Gotta tell you...Whatever. Kids are way too spoiled these days, don't ya think??? Just kidding...

BTW, what happened with Angela Hacker from last season, AND what is going on with Julio Iglesias Jr. whom Mr. Rich was going to make into a Super Hispanic Country Star?? So, where these people go or what pit they fall into is another reality show altogether, right?? Good luck to all of them-they totally deserve it!

07-29-08, 10:04 AM (EST)
7. "RE: And the bottom 2 "
I agree about Melissa. She has a lot of talent, but I wouldn't put her in the same category with other hungry, fight and scratch artists trying to make it big. It may not be politically correct, but she has 5 kids, 8 years to 11mos. I have to ask myself how she will be able to do this.

Or maybe she's doing it to get away from that madness

gypsyvixen 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-29-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gypsyvixen Click to send private message to gypsyvixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: And the bottom 2 "
So I haven't been watching this show religiously or anything, but I do catch it every once in awhile. The last time I saw it, there were the final four. Just to make sure I'm remembering correctly, because I don't know their names, there was that black guy? Then the hispanic-looking guy? Then that bigger woman, and then that younger girl with the long dark hair, right? And from reading your postings, Coffey went home? Im guessing that's the black guy? I hope i'm not totally off!

07-29-08, 07:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: And the bottom 2 "
Welcome to the boards! Don't worry about being "totally off" here, just feel free to chime in. Someone will always get you a response.

Yes, Coffey is "the Black Guy" as you put it. The final three are:

Melissa - mom of 5 boys from Texas
Gabe - the South Texas crooner
Shawn - she's the young'un - bartender/motorcycle rider from Iowa.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •