The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nashville Star 7/14"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Nashville Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-14-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nashville Star 7/14"
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

I'll be on the road tonight, so if someone could pick up the thread and post, I'd appreciate it. I've listed the spoilers, feel free to correct them if they're wrong.

Make it a fun filled, sigpic free rant about the sadness of 2 eliminations tonight - sad because there should be three.

I'm sayin' Coffey and the Yappin' Dolls ( Laura/Sophie) get the boot.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Coffey: whimsey 07-14-08 1
 Gabe Garcia: whimsey 07-14-08 2
 Melissa Lawson: whimsey 07-14-08 3
 Ashlee Hewitt: whimsey 07-14-08 4
 Shawn Mayer: whimsey 07-14-08 5
 Laura & Sophie: whimsey 07-14-08 6
 Going home tonight is... whimsey 07-14-08 7
   RE: No, plaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeaseee... mindy23 07-15-08 8
       RE: No, plaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeaseee... seal 07-15-08 9
           RE: Agree, Seal mindy23 07-21-08 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-14-08, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Coffey: "
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

“It’s Your Love” by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Did a great job, choked up halfway through , singing to his little girl. Judges think he's better, but not enough to win.

eta - got home in time to see Coffey.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-14-08, 03:22 PM (EST)
2. "Gabe Garcia: "
“Must Be Doing Something Right” Billy Currington

07-14-08, 03:22 PM (EST)
3. "Melissa Lawson: "
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

“My Baby Loves Me” Martina McBride

Singing to her hubby, who loves her no matter what size she is. Belts it out.

07-14-08, 03:23 PM (EST)
4. "Ashlee Hewitt: "
“Cowboy Take Me Away” Dixie Chicks

07-14-08, 03:24 PM (EST)
5. "Shawn Mayer: "
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

“Before He Cheats” Carrie Underwood

I hate that insipid little song. She did a good job on it though.

07-14-08, 03:25 PM (EST)
6. "Laura & Sophie: "
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

“Picture to Burn” Taylor Swift

Jeffrey asks them if folks will believe them singing a song about a woman wronged. One says her boyfriend in freshman year tried to break the 2 of them up. Heck, all he had to do was wait for them to be on the show, nature is taking is course.

Sounded the same as always, please.make.it.stop.

07-14-08, 09:17 PM (EST)
7. "Going home tonight is..."
The Yappin' Young'un.

Woo Hoo! Laura and Sophie can go home and bake a little more. COme back in 5 years, girls.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-15-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No, plaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee"
Don't come back in 5 or even 15 years!! Thank you! They were highly reprimanded by Rich for rolling of the eyes last week-at least whichever one it was that did it. I get them mixed up. The cuter of the 2, with the worst voice. She said she didn't
even realize she was 'doin' it'!! OK. Jewell imitated her, and said, 'wow, must have a seizure disorder, huh??'. Too funny, and how humiliating can THAT be?? But very much in order!

What's his name-Mylie Cyrus' dad, told them he was proud of them. Ok, after seeing his SON, I'd say he'd be proud of a rock in the road with a dead toad on it....NOT NICE, I KNOW!!

Thought everyone but Coffey (even though I dug the emotion), and Big Girl-who WAS way over the top with 'he loves me anyway' were pretty darned good! I even voted for the first time last night!! For Gabe and Shawn. Gabe is consistantly GREAT, and Shawn is stepping it up every week. It's coming down to the wire now, and I think we'll be surprised that MAYBE Shawn will kick the other 2 ladies out of their spots...

Who knows?? Isn't this exciting?? WHO HOO!!! YEE HAW!! And all that! I can't wait until next week! I count the days, literally, put them on my calendar, cell phone, etc! I have alarms that go off, and my TiVO is geared up!! Is that exciting enough, Whimsey??? Best I can do, sorry....;-0 Chow

seal 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-15-08, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seal Click to send private message to seal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No, plaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee"
I am a big John Rich fan but i thought last night's program was just dreadful. Jewel's constant whining, John eating his words about judges mentoring and not attacking (and these girls are so young). Only Jeffrey Steele seems to sit back and give some thought to what he is saying. I get the impression that the judges know what the vote tally is and are melding their comments to match. All in all, this program is a disappointment. Jewel's comments especially make me cringe, especially since she seems to want every performer to sing and sell sex at the same time. People can only pretend for so long and then they have to be true to themselves. Not every one is a sex pot or wants the audience to think they are. I had rather the singers be themselves and the judges base their comments on the real thing.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-21-08, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Agree, Seal"
I'm surprised about Jewell-I never pictured her as a sex-selling type of singer. I always thought she was more of a romantic/folksy/country singer. But then, I've never seen her in concert, in person or even on TV, so what do I know??

John Rich seems to think he can say whatever just because he is who he is. I didn't even know WHO he was until last season when he did the "Gone Country" thing, and I'm a fair country fan. Wouldn't THAT be a blow to his over-sized ego??

But I DO agree about the duet-they were way too young, immature, and needed way more pruning, and maturing. They should have NEVER been on that show to begin with. As Rich said, the judges had nothing to do with the pickings this year, so they did NOT ask the girls to join them. I suppose that put a burr in their sneakers to begin with. But from day ONE, I hated the noise they made together, and I'm sure a good deal of the audience did, too.

Then came the attitude, and it spiraled from there. So, in my book, it was ba-bye cry babies. I think Coffey may be next-he is jut NOT a good singer. Emotion or not, Texan or not. Those do not make you a recording star. We'll find out tonight, huh??

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •