The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nashville Star 6/30"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Nashville Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-30-08, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nashville Star 6/30"
Trying to keep up til Mindy's back. Join me for a funfilled evening of snark filled evaluations of the sorry participants of this season's Nashville Star.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Intro whimsey 06-30-08 1
 Ashlee Hewitt - safe! whimsey 06-30-08 2
 Coffey - safe! whimsey 06-30-08 3
 Tommy Stanley - safe! whimsey 06-30-08 4
 Pearl Heart whimsey 06-30-08 5
 Melissa Lawson - safe! whimsey 06-30-08 6
 Shawn Mayer - safe! whimsey 06-30-08 7
 Blake Shelton whimsey 06-30-08 8
 Gabe Carcia - safe! whimsey 06-30-08 9
 Finale 2 .... whimsey 06-30-08 10
 Alysson Gilbert whimsey 06-30-08 11
 Laura/Sophie whimsey 06-30-08 12
 Leaving tonight is...... whimsey 06-30-08 13
 Next week..... whimsey 06-30-08 14
 Good job Whimsey jbug 07-01-08 15
   RE: Good job Whimsey mindy23 07-01-08 16
   RE: Good job Whimsey whimsey 07-01-08 17
       RE: Smootches back, Wimsey!! :-D mindy23 07-07-08 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-30-08, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Intro"
Noley Cyrus (?) introduces her dad Billy Ray. God Lord there are more of them.

It's family night and contestants sings 2 songs and their families are at rehearsals and live performances.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-30-08, 08:30 PM (EST)
2. "Ashlee Hewitt - safe!"
Her whole 1,267 mom/siblings are at rehearsal - along with dad, in fron active duty in Iraq.

sings:

first - Journey's "Don't Stop Believin". Starts on the piano then goes to guitar upstage.

second - "Help Me Make It Through The Night" more Lynn Anderson than Sammi Smith. Lasted 30 secs. Very fast.

06-30-08, 08:41 PM (EST)
3. "Coffey - safe!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-08 AT 08:25 AM (EST)

His little girl is at rehearsal.

Songs:

first: "Hey, Good Lookin" come on now too much. John Rich says "this is a country competition - not pop. Theres a show called American Idol, and you need to be there." Coffey fires back, his daddy brought him up on country, and there are some of folks in where he was raised that would disagree". I have to agree with the judges.

second: "Country Roads" John Denver. Just not good enough.

06-30-08, 09:00 PM (EST)
4. "Tommy Stanley - safe!"
not in the bottom 2 this week.

Family hasn't seen him in 1.5 years, since he's been deployed in the Navy. Wanted him to "country it up" more.

first: Rascal Flats "Bless the Broken Road" seems hard for him, not in the groove. John Rich and Jeffrey think he's like Coffey - needs to find his genre, and it may not be country.

after the break. His family from the USS Kitty Hawk on stage. Damn, how do you sing after that.

second: Tiny Dancer - yep, that's right, Tiny Dancer, Elton John. Did better this time - actually more country on this one.

Must remember to pray for those serving on USS Kitty Hawk and extra for Tommy, after that performance. Because country is not his genre, and well, Tiny Dancer?

06-30-08, 09:16 PM (EST)
5. "Pearl Heart"
Their Dad in the rehearsal studio. Jeffrey explains that this songs means a lot to him because of his son. Jeffrey's son died Jan 07 in a car accident. Tells them they have to do this right and respectfully.

first: "I'll Be Loving You Still" Restless Heart. Seemed off key.

second: "One Way Ticket" Leann Rimes (?)

06-30-08, 09:23 PM (EST)
6. "Melissa Lawson - safe!"
5 sons at rehearsal, Hubby plays piano for rehearsal.

First: "This one's for the girls" Martina McBride

second: "Landslide" Fleetwood Mac/Dixie Chicks

Love her!

06-30-08, 09:36 PM (EST)
7. "Shawn Mayer - safe!"
Her Mom, Dad, and sis are at rehearsal. Needs to show her lady like side, but don't do "Breath" - family thinks it's mistake. She performs in a very cute sheath dress.

first: "Breath" Michelle Branch/Faith Hill (?)

second: "Forever, Amen" Randy Travis (love this song) John Rich says "You have to sing at the Olympics as the winner, do you think you can do that, I don't!". That my friends is a serious "reverse pimp".

I agree, not consistent. But doggone it, did you have to do that segue?

06-30-08, 09:38 PM (EST)
8. "Blake Shelton"
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-08 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

Does " I wanna go home". I'm glad Gabe Garcia performs after him, shows he (Gabe) has a real country voice. Would have been nice for Charley to get this far .... compete with Gabe ... just to show 'em the difference.

06-30-08, 09:53 PM (EST)
9. "Gabe Carcia - safe!"
Family says he's not shy, an folks need to learn that. Dad passed away in October.

first: "Dead or Alive" Bon Jovi. I wrote in my notes last week that Gabe needs an "American Idol, Blake Lewis, "You Give Love a Bad Name" moment. Very nice job, worked the stage a bit.

second: "The Fireman" by George Strait, not "Fireman" by Lil'Wayne ... just sayin. Pure Country, enjoyed it.

06-30-08, 09:56 PM (EST)
10. "Finale 2 ...."
are Alyson Gilbert and Laura/Sophie

Each sings one song, then the performers safe sing a second song.

06-30-08, 09:58 PM (EST)
11. "Alysson Gilbert"
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-08 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-30-08 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

Sings "She's in Love With the Boy" - Trisha Yearwood proves why she' been in the bottom. Too pagent-y.

Jewell says she is not a fan. Neither am I. I fully expect to see Alysson on "She's Got the Look" model competition.

06-30-08, 10:06 PM (EST)
12. "Laura/Sophie"
Family in rehearsal, young'uns are glad to see them.

Sing "Walking on Sunshine" and try to twang it up. They sound much more mature, but just the same babydolls.

06-30-08, 10:14 PM (EST)
13. "Leaving tonight is......"
well deserved, and should go tonight or next week.

Alysson Gilbert goes home tonight. Did they show Shawn Mayer in the goodbye clip? help me out folks

Laura and Sophie sing a second song:

"Because of You" screeching the entire time. I don't know which is Laura and which is Sophie, but one of them is really good and the other is just sad.

06-30-08, 10:21 PM (EST)
14. "Next week....."
2 will be eliminated. One will be eliminated in the first 5 minutes. Yeah, as if that's going to happen.

Let's hope it's Laura and Sophie with either Billy Ray or Jewell.

Happy Independence Day to all.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-08, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Good job Whimsey"
I get bits and pieces when I flip flop.
This helped me figure out what I missed.
Thanks.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-01-08, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Good job Whimsey"
I'm still around, it's just that I have to TiVO and watch most of it the next day-it comes on way too late for me. Sorry!!
So, thanks for the recap! Appreciate it. If ya'll don't mind a second day thing, I'd be more than happy to help out, but I don't watch the 2nd half until the next day, whenever I can, between doc appointments for the Mr.

Anyway, geez, the Lennon Sisters are REALLY BAD! They have GOT to go next time! And I have to go right now, but I'll be baack, I promise!! Chow...

07-01-08, 11:16 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Good job Whimsey"
*smooches*

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-07-08, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Smootches back, Wimsey!! :-D"
If you can keep this up, you'll have a special crown in Heaven, OK?? I really appreciate it! UNLESS, it's ok for everyone if I weigh in the next morning after I've finished the second 1/2, and before I take hubby to have lab draws. Whew! What a crazy few months this has been!!

Anyway, can't wait to see who got booted-have a feeling it'll be Coffey, after that cruel and unusual statement from Rich. But Stanley has been on thin ice, too. And like I said before, those girls-ICK!!! They make me cringe!!! WOW! Never realized how egotistical C&W stars were until I saw Rich's "Gone Country" and heard him explain how Country is practically a RELIGION and a CULTURE that you do not fake, but LIVE! And he will not tolerate anything less than 110%.

I could have sworn he took Iglesius under his wing-wonder what happened with THAT?? Oh well.......until tonight, ya'll.. EEEHA!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •