The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Flavor of Love / I Love New York Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-09, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-09 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

VH1's almost completely unnecessary preview text:

'With 16 money lovers left, fighting for cash, there's a whole lot of backstabbing and butt kissing going on. In this next challenge, The Gold team and The Green teams go "cheek to cheek", but when two team members throw the challenge and, ultimately cause a loss, a new alliance is exposed. The reason for this sabotage is a dislike for a controlling team member who is considered a "poison". Will the losing team realize this, and cut the bad seed loose, or will they be too intimidated? In the most dramatic elimination ceremony yet, an unexpected twist results in not just one, but two people going home. Finally, karma wins out.'

We already known Green loses. Erza may be considered the controlling poison here (and it's just a week for poisoning all over). A double-elimination twist is a little unfair to a three-nominee format, so the twist could be the quit that's been nearly manifesting for a couple of episodes now.

I don't know -- this feels The Much-Foreshadowed Death of Erza, but things can't be that simple -- can they?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My... Estee 02-24-09 1
   RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My... ssinmd 02-24-09 3
       RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My... Estee 02-24-09 5
 RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My... toddE 02-24-09 2
   RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My... Snidget 02-24-09 4
       RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My... Estee 02-24-09 6
   RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My... Estee 02-24-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-24-09, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
Well, on the plus side, we are finally set up for the world's most blatant double challenge throw...

I think we've reached the point where you can't tell the alliances with a scorecard. There's too many cross-links going in all directions: bonds of friendship, loyalty, horniness, and the classic 'who lied to me in the last five minutes?' As Frank said in the previews, half his group is over here, half is over there -- and in the time since he said they, they may have become someone else's group entirely. (Well, at least his vote proved he's loyal to himself.) Plus as long as you have the known BFFs on opposite halves -- Frank & Jason, Saaphyri & Becky -- you can never be sure of exactly who's in it for the team win and who's just trying to bring their partner to the individual stage.

There was a certain irony in the way Erza went out. 'Everyone take Nico for team captain! He'll never backstab anyone! Except maybe me, but that'll never happen!' And yes, he was the person you needed to get rid of -- but as he noted on his way out, he was also the Excuse Of The Day. With Erza in the house, everything was his fault (and a good percentage of them actually were). With him gone, the flaws and disruptions of the others will emerge. It'll still be loud in there -- we're just looking for a new center of the storm.

Oh, and George? You picked Tiffany in her crazy mode. Many people's estimate of your taste would need to stretch before it could hit milliliters.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-24-09, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
What do you think about Saaphyri not picking Becky? It seems like it would have been a perfect time for these two to change up their strategy. At some point, someone other than Frank or Saaphyri is going to be paymaster and whomever that is will either want to send Becky home to a) break up the power alliance or b) get her big mouth out of those vault sessions ("My teammates are retarded!"). It seems like Saaphyri might have kept her on her team to keep her out of the vault.
Also, the casting director of this show should seriously be fired. Myammee, Ice, Cali and Cali are a big snooze. Cali (and she was around for the whole season)and Ice were not entertaining the first time around, either.
Does Tiffany have a sane mode?

02-24-09, 03:09 PM (EST)
5. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
In one aspect, it makes sense for Saph and Becky to stay on different teams: it gives each an ally on the other and a small chance at controlling both captain positions in the same cycle, which really gives you a voice in who goes home. In the other -- yes, they're both at risk, but no more so than in having them on the same team: at some point, someone could decide to put up both in the hopes of breaking them up. There's no guaranteed method of working this: they picked divide & conquer.

Of course, for all we know, Becky was Saaphyri's next pick: Nico just beat her to it.

And you can pass the captain position back and forth between two people -- for the team period, you just can't have the same person take it in consecutive cycles. A strong alliance can control a team if they can just talk the others into letting them do it. With this group, that might not be the biggest challenge.

Does Tiffany have a sane mode?

I've think I've seen about forty-eight seconds of it. (Total between all shows and seasons.) Every once in a while, she drops so far out of character that she comes back to whatever her self used to be. But it's rare.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-09, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
I love to read your posts, but I don't know who some of the people are when you use their real names. For example, the only Tiffany I know of is New York..So George is Tailor Made?

Anyway, thank goodness Buddha is finally out. It really seemed like the producers were doing everything possible to keep him in, but ultimately they can manipulate the proceedings but not fully control the outcomes. Now things can really get interesting.

It was a double bonus because T Weed wasn't exactly bringing much, and it was sweet to see Frank give him what he deserved for screwing up the original plan.

Now I think the show will be even better as their is no primary alliance, they probably won't want to throw challenges any more, and it should be interesting.

The only thing that is not so interesting is the cast. Last season was a lot more colorful. This year, they seem to have to show Becky Buckwild constantly since she is the only one bringing the entertainment. I seriously didn't even know who Ice was when they picked the new teams last night.

Heat, Ice, Milf...probably not long for the world.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-09, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-09 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

Wiki entry has the real and nicknames.ETF Link[P>

02-24-09, 03:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
I also put a handy translation guide in the Episode #1 thread.

02-24-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
7. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #4: Kiss My..."
Jason and Ahno are physical threats -- although it's going to take some time before anyone realizes it for Ahno -- so they'll be targeted at some point. (Jason, probably fairly soon -- he's one of those people you don't want hanging around in individual competition.) But if Amanda keeps her mouth shut, she could coast under the radar for a good long distance -- and in this house, the quiet are almost invisible as-is.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •