The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode #1: first thoughts."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Flavor of Love / I Love New York Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-08, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode #1: first thoughts."
Nice Survivor parody in the opening cell. Nice, subtle, really discrete Survivor parody. Whoever wins is going to wind up using their whole check to settle Burnett's inevitable lawsuit, 'cause VH1 isn't paying a thing. (Should have read that contract a little more closely.)

These may be reality veterans, but you can tell they know nothing, nothing, about competition-based shows. Why? Because both Hoopz and Whiteboy -- might as well use the nicknames: the show forget they had real ones -- missed one of the greatest golden opportunities ever offered on this series category. They knew their opposition had alliances together entering the show, knew who would be working with you -- and didn't break them up. They could have used their pick-'em choices to destroy every power group in the game before the eliminations ever got started. They didn't. Rookies.

Have we ever had a first boot handed to us on a silver platter the way Mac was served up under the dome? I guess he's only polite to women he intends to try sleeping with. Not exactly the most rare disease.

Hard to make calls on the editing just yet at least as far as picking a winner goes: you can tell who the long-term characters are going to be (thanks, extensive season preview!), but isolating the victor is a few levels up. If this was Survivor, we'd be picking apart the host's line about Hoopz being the only winner on the show for the next three months. As-is... well, VH1 is still learning the fine art of the non-subtle. Imagine how blatant they'll be after they get more practice.

Migawd, Megan and Brandi really are that dumb. Making the mistake is one thing -- 'we've got one rule: go see how fast you can break it' -- but to follow up one disqualification with another by doing the exact same thing? And yes, Megan, everyone who even remotely managed to tolerate you in your original appearance had it wear off. BTW, why is your supposed friend still being IDed as 'Brandi C?' Are we trying to avoid confusing her with all the brandy 12-Pack's already consumed? Maybe we can hide her initial where the IQ Twins put the mattress: no one will ever look for it there.

'Keep me! I can injure myself at will!'

Let us consider some of the things Chance and Mac did in their pursuit of Tiffany. Let us remember their pride at having them aired. Now let us reflect on their not going into the captaincy challenge because it would, in their opinion, make them look foolish. Why are we considering all of this in that order? Because frankly, we could use the laugh.

Nibblez is a professional dominatrix? Does she know Jane?

If you personally found Mr. Boston's pickup lines appealing, raise your hand. Buttocks, other hand. Free and open discarding of tissues, both hands over your eyes.

...Whiteboy's Jewish? Who knew?

So how many hookups are we getting before the series is over? To the nearest dozen? How many of those will be for reasons that aren't half-baked strategy? And will Mr. Boston be closed out of all of them?

Y'know what this series really needs? Saaphyri. Hosting.

I've had one hour of sleep in the last forty, so I'm now overqualified to be on the show.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode #1: first thoughts. Snidget 07-07-08 1
   RE: Episode #1: first thoughts. Estee 07-08-08 2
 RE: Episode #1: first thoughts. toddE 07-11-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-08, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode #1: first thoughts."
I dunno, now I'm glad I didn't get into Rock of Love, I'm not sure I can live through that much exposure to second hand bleach fumes.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-08, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode #1: first thoughts."
Angelique might have killed you all by herself. Heather's your only hope.

Poor Heather, falling for the line and believing tattoo removal costs a quarter-million...

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-11-08, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode #1: first thoughts."
Well, I have to admit to being a "fan" of a few of these people, mostly Pumkin/Brooke and Toastee/Jennifer. They seem to be in some previews, but not the most heavily featured. I am definitely NOT a Heather fan, so seeing a lot of her looks bad.

Hoopz seems to be by far the "classiest" person, but in the casting special she was all lovey-dovey with her boyfriend, yet seems to be totally hooking up with Whiteboy (who is just SUPER annoying) in the preview. Honestly, we all thought she was a lesbian stripper before watching the casting special.

Um, I also have to admit that this is my current favorite show on TV, not that there's anything much to choose from.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •