The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode #3: homophobia for fun and non-profit."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Flavor of Love / I Love New York Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode #3: homophobia for fun and non-profit."
Can we safely presume that on 90% of all reality shows, Chance's own alliance would have kicked him out by now? That's two challenges he's sat out of for reasons of personal fear, which is the only factor for him. Honestly: for a shot at a quarter-million, at least six out of ten homophobes would be able to have camera-apparent hover contact for a hundredth of a second. Chance just happens to see that dentist who recommends he chew sugared gum. With his toes. And Real's attempt to defend him went pretty much nowhere: if you want to mount a high horse, better make you're not part of the stable first.

Frank/Entertainer isn't exactly thinking with his primary head right now, is he? Given the Green team's decision to let Gold pick the Bottom Three, the sensible thing to do is listen to Whiteboy's confessional: he's the target, dump him. Admittedly, of the Bottom Three he overrode to take, he got him of the most potent physical threat. Megan's a known quantity: just ignore everything she says until it's time to get rid of her, then -- get rid of her. Easy. And Lee/Boston's so good at faking injury, he managed to turn it into a real one: he'll take himself out before you ever have to do it for him. (Look, I know no one wants to look in a vomit pail, but -- geez...) But given a free choice, you take Whiteboy, Real, and Heat -- followed by waving goodbye to Whiteboy. You do not take Chance. Chance is stupid and will cost his team more challenges than he could ever win for them.

Heat's not the worst choice in the world for elimination -- but it was a free pick. How often do you get to vote off someone on the other team/tribe? Just about never, that's how often. This was just about a once-in-a-genre opportunity -- and Frank blew it. That secondary head doesn't hold a lot of brains, does it?

As for the next episode -- ye gawds, they just about gave us the whole plotline in that preview, didn't they? It's the Schatar Memorial Challenge, the Greens throw it, and then the Whiteboy/Real/Chance alliance once again acts to keep their checks out of the lockbox. Only this time, it gets physical. Looks like the no-contact rule's been suspended for this show, if it ever truly existed in the first place.

Oh, well. Chance remains an idiot. A homophobic moron. A fear-locked imbecile who, because he's in a tight alliance that doesn't see what a liability he is, has very good odds to walk away with the whole thing.

What a role model.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode #3: homophobia for fun... toddE 07-21-08 1
   RE: Episode #3: homophobia for fun... Estee 07-21-08 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-21-08, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode #3: homophobia for fun and non-profit."
What an awesome post, Estee.

I agree that Frank was unbelievably stupid not to axe Whiteboy. Whiteboy even knew Frank would be too stupid to void his check, even saying he'd take his chances against Megan and Heat. These people weren't cast for their brains, of course.

Chance could take it, as could Whiteboy. I actually think Hoopz will win her second horrible reality show, though.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode #3: homophobia for fun and non-profit."
I actually think Hoopz will win her second horrible reality show, though.

I said something close to this earlier: if this was Survivor, we'd have a forty-post thread on the host's line to Nicole about her being the only winner here. The quarter-million quote?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •