The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef - NY "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef - NY "
Am I the only one who watched last night? Oh well, Bravo will show it plenty of times for ya'll to catch up.
Looks like the judges were impressed with most of the food prepared in the first elimination challenge.
I was hoping the Hawaiian guy would win the challenge. Maybe he'll go far - I hope so.
Too soon to really pick out the good from the bad.
**enjoy**
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef - NY DebBee 11-13-08 1
   RE: Top Chef - NY momof4inVA 11-13-08 4
       RE: Top Chef - NY momof4inVA 11-13-08 5
   RE: Top Chef - NY frodis 11-23-08 15
 RE: Top Chef - NY KwietOne 11-13-08 2
 RE: Top Chef - NY azkate 11-13-08 3
   RE: Top Chef - NY momof4inVA 11-15-08 11
 RE: Top Chef - NY dabo 11-14-08 6
   RE: Top Chef - NY ginger 11-14-08 7
       RE: Top Chef - NY weltek 11-14-08 8
 What I learned in CIA: Salad 101 weltek 11-14-08 9
   RE: What I learned in CIA: Salad 10... momof4inVA 11-15-08 12
 RE: Top Chef - NY dajaki 11-14-08 10
   RE: Top Chef - NY momof4inVA 11-15-08 13
 RE: Top Chef - NY Snidget 11-16-08 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DebBee 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-13-08, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebBee Click to send private message to DebBee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
I was also rooting for the Hawaiian Boy.

Now I have to remember to pay attention to see if the 1st challenge winner takes the prize at the end. It was mentioned that 3 of the 4 previous winners won the 1st challenge. Who didn't?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-13-08, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
wasn't it the bald guy with the accent. I'm really sorry I don't remember his name but he was really arrogent(sp?).

11-13-08, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
I think it was Stephen. Oh, and the Hawaiian guy is Gene.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-23-08, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
Three of the four previous first-episode winners won the whole ceviche sous vide fusion enchilada:

Harold won the first challenge and Season 1.

Ilan won the first challenge and Season 2.

Tre won the first challenge, but Hung won Season 3. (Hung was in the top two with Tre, so it was close.)

Stephanie won the first challenge and Season 4.

Arkie Autumn Art!

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-13-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
Heh heh...I too, am rooting for the Hawaiian guy. I was almost sure he'd win that challenge, since he: 1) described it wrong; 2) had no idea it was a common Indian staple dish; and 3) he nailed it even though he had no clue LOL Remember back in the episode, where he was tasting the food in that Indian store? I wonder if he was duplicating the dish he said he was going to do?

Gosh, those European guys - so typical.

It kinda sucks for someone to have more experience than the cooking student and be eliminated first.

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-13-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
Me....I watched and loved the quick challenge of the neighborhoods!

I told my bf that after this season Top Chef will go international....what other city can top NY?

Thoughts?

Hong Kong or Singapore is my bet for next year

11-15-08, 11:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
Paris, Miami. and Rome. Just my thoughts of what can top.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
Pretty good new batch of chefs this time, liked the first episode except for the instant elimination at the first Quickfire. Tom alone deciding who goes?

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
As an aside, Padma looks more elegant spitting up food into her hand (in the Scenes From Next Week) than I do when using my best table manners.

Really, the woman would look stunning coughing up a hairball.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
And I swear she could talk about the effects of food poisoning on the bowels and make it sound sexy.

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "What I learned in CIA: Salad 101"
Apparently Salads 101 is a popular course at the CIA. Poor Lauren...the girl didn't realize competitions were, well, competitive. And the poor thing also didn't have any sunscreen on. "I was on Top Chef and all I got was this lousy sunburn."

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

11-15-08, 11:53 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What I learned in CIA: Salad 101"
way too funny. :All I got was the sunburn:

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-14-08, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
It looks like a good season! I can't remember all the contestants, but I like tattooed Gene, the San Franciscan w/ the rainbow shirt, the New York guy with the cheesy sculpted beard thing, and a couple others. Stefan is an ##### and I don't think Fabio is much better.

11-15-08, 11:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
I think they don't like woman. Jmho.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-08, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top Chef - NY "
Looks like a good season shaping up based on the first episode. Hope to see a lot of interesting dishes. Hopefully the personalities won't get in the way of that. They seem to have a pretty high level of talent this season.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •