The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 10"
Just a quick post to get us started talking about last night's show...

Quick fire: special judge - Sam from season 2
challenge? make salad sexy.
Winner was Spike. He received an advantage in that he got a 10 minute head start on shopping for the elim challenge, and he could choose 4 ingredients that the other chefs could not use.

Elimination challenge was to make a healthy, tasty box lunch for Chicago's finest, using at least one whole-grain, one protein, one fruit, and one vegetable. Spike chose to keep the others from using bread, chicken, tomato, and lettuce.

Top two were Dale and Stephanie (at least, I think that's her name). Dale wins, and gets a huge bottle of merlot and two plane tickets to visit a certain winery in Napa Valley whose name escapes me at the moment. As I despise merlot, I would be handing that bottle off to the first person I came to.

Bottom three were Spike, Andrew and Lisa. Damn them for getting my hopes up that finally Lisa would be gone. In the end, it was Andrew who had to go for his sushi that didn't have one of the required elements (whole-grain). Or according to the judges, two of the required elements - being tasty.

Spike made a chicken salad using olives and grapes? Ewwww.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Quote of the night aquariaqueen 05-15-08 1
   RE: Quote of the night dabo 05-15-08 2
   RE: Quote of the night flipxcyd 05-15-08 3
   RE: Quote of the night ginger 05-16-08 11
   RE: Quote of the night mom2bjm 05-17-08 14
 RE: Episode 10 DebCapsFan 05-15-08 4
 RE: Episode 10 jbug 05-15-08 5
   RE: Episode 10 arkiegrl 05-15-08 6
       RE: Episode 10 jbug 05-15-08 7
       RE: Episode 10 jbug 05-15-08 8
 RE: Episode 10 cipher5150 05-16-08 9
   RE: Episode 10 aquariaqueen 05-16-08 10
       RE: Episode 10 Sues 05-16-08 12
           RE: Episode 10 momof4inVA 05-17-08 13
               RE: Episode 10 dabo 05-17-08 15
                   RE: Episode 10 momof4inVA 05-20-08 16
                       RE: Episode 10 txriverwillow 05-20-08 17
                           RE: Episode 10 momof4inVA 06-05-08 18
                               RE: Episode 10 dabo 06-06-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-15-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Quote of the night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-08 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

About Sam, "He's tall, dark and handsome. And he loves to cook. Sign me up". or something very close to that.

Wow, the judges table. Is it me, or is Lisa just a btch? She was all smug when she was hearing everyone else's critique, then when it came to her, she got those arms even in a tighter hold with a pssy look on her mouth. I am done with you Bitter Betty.

Does anyone really think she was sabotaged? I don't. I really think if she had been, I think they would have showed it on the sly on the show.

Cop eating sushi for lunch....wrong on too many levels.

The soup looked/sounded good, however, the container was a little odd. (probably no fault to her)

OH, do you all like burritos?

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quote of the night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-08 AT 10:46 AM (EST)

Richard asking cop after cop to try his burrito, so funny on so many levels.

Spike screwing over the others with his four choices, exactly what he was supposed to do of course. He should have put more thought into it, though, as he ended up producing an unimaginative lunch.

Watching Andrew and Lisa squirm was great. She really didn't need to throw him under the bus, he did himself in. I think she screwed up her rice on her own, though, and deserves bad marks for trying to claim sabotage. Except for Spike, who was too busy patting himself on the back for taking away everyone's tomatoes, they were all too busy working on their own dishes.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quote of the night"
HA, thought the same thing. Lisa is just trying to blame someone else - take responsibility! Lisa didn't have to throw Andrew under the bus; he did that himself with sushi. I think Andrew totally missed the mark on this challenge. He deserved to go home.

In this elimination challenge, I really didn't care who went. Spike and Lisa are next!

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Quote of the night"
It's not just you.

She's a beeyotch.

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-17-08, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Quote of the night"
Yes, Lisa always is looking pissy with her arms folded.

I'll have to go back and watch the elimination challenge, I think I slept thru it...

Tribe's got me bouncing!

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 10"
As soon as Andrew started talking about his expert knowledge of nutrition, I knew he was toast.
I hope Lisa doesn't make it much further. If there was a way we could vote to have her pay us $10,000 for making us watch her, I would.
I have a feeling next week's elimination will be surprising.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 10"
I haven't watched yet - but
what's wrong wtih chicken salad with grapes? (eeww on the olives for me tho). Arby's make a great fresh chicken salad sandwich with pecans, grapes, apples, celery and chunks of chicken - some kind of tasty dressing and lettuce on whole wheat bread.

I'm gonna hate to see Andrew go.....
Lisa on the other hand? bye bye any time....

a Syren special

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 10"
It was the combination of grapes and olives. Though truthfully, for me, it was the olives, no matter what they were combined with. Olives are blechy.

05-15-08, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-08 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

oops, I got a double post here
sorry

05-15-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 10"
Totally agree - blechy!
(new word for me - I like it!)
Let me try it out - Olives are blechy. yep, that works!

Every day is Spring with Agman

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 10"
I really liked this episode. I thought it was an interesting challenge. Not unhappy to see Andrew go at all. He seems very immature and, frankly, not on the level of some of the other chefs. He clearly gave little thought as to who his “client” was on this challenge. His “meal” wouldn’t even be an appetizer for any of the cops I know – provided they could even be enticed to eat it. Not to be too indelicate but the thought of cops sitting in their squad cars all afternoon after consuming their raw lunch makes me shudder.

It is much more satisfying when the person that gets eliminated made a truly crappy dish, rather than a good dish that just wasn’t as good as the others.

I know that they talk a lot about following the rules of the challenge but I suspect if he had made a great dish (and was a little less cocky and condescending towards the judges) that he would still be there. Especially since his lack of following the rules was an “accident” rather than a chef deliberately not following the rules by saying it was an “interpretation”, as we have seen in the past. And what an interesting thing for him to say that he won’t ever speak with most of the people in the competition again. Especially interesting given that usually when a chef is eliminated they gush about what wonderful lifetime friends they have made. I would expect chefs at this level to work hard at cultivating a vast network of connections in the industry. Again, I guess it all goes back to his lack of maturity.

And I am surprised that I am really liking Dale. He is just the type of person that I usually hate on reality TV, what with his arrogance and childish tantrums, but for some unexplainable reason I find myself really liking him. I’m at a loss to explain it…perhaps it is because he is always at odds with Spike and Lisa who I really can’t stand.

No shocker here, I predict it will be Dale, Stephanie and Richard at the end.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 10"
Sounds like a great finale!

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-08, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 10"
I like Dale alot too...even with his tantrums. But then I'm shallow and think he's cute. I'm not loving Lisa right now but I suspect she's short on time. I think it'll be Richard and Dale and I like them both so I don't care who wins...

How is it that Andrew seemed a bit less coked up when he got booted?

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-08, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 10"
I like Antonia. I like Dale (he's in it to win it) I really don't like Spike or the guy with the 'famohawalk'. Stephanie is really good too. JMHO

05-17-08, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 10"
I agree. Earlier in the series Antonia had problems but she's settled into a more disciplined zone, it wouldn't surprise me now if she made it to final. Dale, on the other hand, seems to be one of those people who functions well feeding his own intensity, how long he can keep it up remains to be seen.

05-20-08, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 10"
Antonia seems the most well balanced.But traditionally they have picked men. I really liked Casey last year. But she was shut out. JMHO

txriverwillow 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-20-08, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txriverwillow Click to send private message to txriverwillow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 10"
I agree, she has really developed into a steady chef but I suspect Dale or Richard have the best odds.

06-05-08, 11:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 10"
Well she lost last night. I still don't see how Lisa is still in (she has been at the judges table too much).So if I had alot of money it would be on Richard or Stephanie. I do remember other seasons and sometimes the most challenging characters to like, won. Lisa has a really good chance. Not my choice but I'm not eating the food.

06-06-08, 00:53 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 10"
but I'm not eating the food.

That pretty much sums up the problem for all of us, in the end we can't judge on that.

I stil love, though, that they come up with ideas for us to try for ourselves.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •