The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-08, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

Nice show tonight, two players put their wits to work in different styles, with different results.

Quickfire was running the egg station at a Chicago breakfast hangout, the place to eat breakfast and be seen eating breakfast in Chicago. They took turns playing short order egg cook, fielding audibles from waiters employing mysterious breakfast code. No one in Chicago seems to have heard of over easy or my favorite sunnyside up, everything is ordered hard.

Antonia, Dale and Spike, who apparently actually was a short order eggflipper in a previous life, all seemed to do well. The hard demanding owner-judge actually said they all did pretty well and then she probably turned from the camera and laughed and laughed and laughed but they edited that out. Sadly there were a few ruined eggs in the wastebin that morning.

Antonia scored another win! As her reward she got to pick who would be on her team in, dutdutdutDUUUUHHHH!...

Restaurant Wars!

Antonia, Stephanie and Richard formed Team Laid Back, Antonia's smart move was picking a team that could actually work together.

Dale, Lisa and Spike formed Team Have A Cow. Spike's smart move came when he wrangled the job of dressing nice and not getting inbetween Dale and Lisa.

Team Laid Back went with a Leisurely Enjoyable Meal theme and called their restaurant Warehouse something. I normally don't care for anything named Warehouse something, as a restaurant name it seems especially moronic. Team Have A Cow decorated their restaurant with shiny Buddhas and used Buddha in the restaurant name but were anything but Buddhaesque in how they made dinner. Jenn guest starred as Buddha helper, Nikki showed up to make warehouse pasta.

Stephanie won a trip to Spain for her performance dressing nice and being quite sexy actually, Team Laid Back won an outstanding Restaurant Wars victory. Really, seriously, go watch the show, it took four seasons but finally they made it work out perfectly this time.

Team Have A Cow went to judges table where Spike threw his buddies under the bus because they'd actually done most of the cooking and not how he'd have done it. Lisa folded her arms, you know, that armfoldy thing she does, even more armfoldy than ever before, but had to admit her soup and rice both truly sucked. Dale played it straight and owned he shouldn't have won the executive chef coin toss but forgot to mention he couldn't actually fire Lisa or wash her cussing mouth out with soap however much he may have wanted to and would have in real life. And so Dale bit the dust for making awful some secret Asian butterscotch thing no one ever heard of.

Frankly, of the three I really didn't care which went home, and in Top Chef tradition they axed best of the bottom three chefs.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... WVtoIN 05-22-08 1
 RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... txriverwillow 05-22-08 2
   RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... RonReports 05-23-08 13
 RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... jbug 05-22-08 3
 RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... aquariaqueen 05-22-08 4
   RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... Asrai 05-22-08 6
       RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... dabo 05-22-08 10
       RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... anotherkim 05-23-08 11
   RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... txriverwillow 05-22-08 7
       RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... aquariaqueen 05-22-08 9
           RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... KeithFan 05-23-08 12
               RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... aquariaqueen 05-25-08 14
               RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... dabo 05-27-08 15
 RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... cipher5150 05-22-08 5
 RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... ginger 05-22-08 8
   RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... geg6 05-28-08 16
       RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... ginger 05-29-08 18
 RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectat... txriverwillow 05-29-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

WVtoIN 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-22-08, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WVtoIN Click to send private message to WVtoIN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Good morning, everyone!

I loved this episode. I usually don't like Restaurant Wars. I think Warehouse Kitchen did exceptionally well considering they had quite a bit less time to do everything than in previous seasons. At first I thought Mai Buddha was going to get their stuff together and try to work together. If Dale wanted to stay he should have just let Lisa be Executive Chef. Her dishes were worse than his (even though his butterscotch scallops were disgusting) and if she had been Exec, she would have gone home.

Personally, I don't like either one and think they should have done a double elimination. They did start off with 16 instead of 15 chefs this season.

I loved Anthony Bourdain in the roll as Head Chef.

You all have a great day!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

txriverwillow 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-22-08, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txriverwillow Click to send private message to txriverwillow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
I thought it was good foreshadowing when they pointed out that Dale has only done Asian versions of dishes. It reminded me that while a good chef can have a speciality, a great chef is more well rounded. So while I often thought throughout the season Dale had shined, he shined in a peculiar way. So no loss to lose him and his lovely little temper.

I am sad there wasn't a second elimination because apparently I will have to watch yet another episode of Lisa whining about rice sabotage. It makes me wish there was a way I could go sabotage her rice, although it does seem she does a pretty good job of it herself. I would also like her arms put in a cast where they could not be folded and her face fixed so it could not pout. However, I doubt I will get my wishes.

I wanted the judges to call Spike out for laughing at the two in self-destruct mode. He couldn't put on a good facade and I doubt that the judges didn't notice his smirking.

Team Laid Back (what a perfect description of the two teams you used) showed that egos can work together. I could be happy with any of those three as the winner.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-08, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
"I thought it was good foreshadowing when they pointed out that Dale has only done Asian versions of dishes."

Someone made the same observation about Dale's lack of range in a previous episode. He did deserve to go. On "Project Runway" the judges told Rami on camera that he needed to try some new things besides just draping, and "Top Chef" judges should have given Dale the same sort of clue, to urge him to try preparing some non-Asian cuisines.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
For once I think I watched 'on-time' and not a re-play. (But I do have to say I'm happy that Bravo does the re-runs; wish other reality would too).

Antonia is smart. Dale was so shocked she didn't pick him - but she knew which others would work well together.

I'd be happy to see Team Laid Back as the final 3.

I don't know that I can stand to watch Lisa even one more time; course I didn't want to watch Dale one more time either - wish they had sent both of them packing ().

I can easily see Spike flipping eggs ; much better suited to his culinary talents than Top Chef. I'm surprised the judges didn't point out that even tho Stephanie was also 'out-front' she was responsible for 2 of the best dishes from her team and won the challenge for them! Spike claimed the conception of the ribs but didn't do any help in the kitchen. Spike was hiding and he knew it and the judges knew it.

So, my plans are:
Lisa goes next; then Spike.
Hard choice between Steph, Antonia & Richard.

(I keep laughing at Richard's hair LOL - especially when he has on the little head band. )

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-22-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Wasn't Team Laid Back called Gastric Bar? Or some such? I know Gastric was in there because I was laughing that it means "stomach".

I really was expecting a double elimination. And the judges congratted Spike for getting out of the kitchen!!! LOL
That judge pegged Lisa for her attitude...glad to hear that.

Overall, an enjoyable episode. Restaurant wars usually doesn't wow me, but the extremes between the teams was fun to watch.

In the previews, don't we see Lisa saying she was sabotaged again? Rice just isn't her thing.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Team Laid back was called Gastro Pub.

Go Fly A Kite with Tribe

05-22-08, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Right, Gastro something anyway (I'll take your word for it). After they came up with the restaurant names I forgot all about what they were actually calling their teams.

I have to admit, it did seem to me that things were going too well for Laid Back Warehouse, course after course after course they just seemed to be pulling it off. But the Buddha team got to go second and did have the higher degree of difficulty to play on, it wasn't until after their dishes started bombing that I could set aside the worry that Steph, Antonia and Richard were just getting a good edit in order to blindside the viewers.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-08, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Actually, their restaurant name was Warehouse Kitchen. Their style was gastro pub.

Dale was done in by his arrogance, IMO. He thought he was Hung II and he just absolutely wasn't. Good riddance. I did think it was sweet that he cried, but too little positive emotion too late.

NOW--DOWN WITH LISA.

--IMO, Dale, Spike and Lisa all needed to go--I don't care who went first.

05-22-08, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txriverwillow Click to send private message to txriverwillow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Yes three weeks in a row I believe we will get the pleasure of Lisa whine about her rice challenges and how they are someone else's fault. And yet she feels that she is comfortable with Asian foods.

Maybe she is only comfortable with Minute Rice. Less time to forget what she did with the rice last.

05-22-08, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Minute Rice....oh if I could send her a box.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-08, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Take it from me, rice just isn't for everyone, even the best of chefs.

Profoundly ignorant since 2008

05-25-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Oh that's right, I forgot about your rice problems on Survivor...well, at least you didn't blame anyone and get all pizzy.

05-27-08, 01:36 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Dooooooooooode!!

Keith (Survivor: Oz) actually was sabotaged. Making rice without a proper timer, impossible.

This is the main reason I don't buy Lisa's rice problems, everyone knows it is so easy to mess it up, who in a Top Chef competition wouldn't keep an eye on it?

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-22-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

Loved this episode, even though I was a little sad to see Dale go. I’ll miss his pouting and tantrum throwing! It really was time for him to go though. His dishes were always superb or crap – too bad he lacked consistency. Lisa will be joining him soon and they can pout together!

Although they certainly edited it to make the losing team obvious, I started to get a little nervous when right before the dinner service team laid back noticed that their clams were gritty. I though they were pulling a “Survivor” on us for a minute. Glad to see they didn’t go to the EPMB School of Reality TV Editing.

Love team laid back and hope they go all the way. All three of them seem like genuinely nice people and it’ll be refreshing to see “the nice guy” get rewarded for a change.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
I stayed up past my bedtime and watched. Butterscotch! Bleck. It's hard to say who is more loathsome, Spike or Lisa. I was surprised by the boot.

A pleasure to watch team Laid Back at work. Still liking Stephanie and Richard. Suspect Antonia may knock Richard out.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Personally, I *heart* Spike. As a player, not a chef.

But then Brian Heidek is my favorite Survivor of all time. So I guess I'm just going with my favorite reality show type...smartazzes.

"Not this time." Barack Obama 3-18-08

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-08, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
Brian played Survivor like a Survivor-bred SHARK. Spike is a doofus.

05-29-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Season 4 Episode 11: Eggspectation"
I just read this week's blog by Tom and the last page addresses the axing off of Dale. I thought it was interesting that he saw what drives the fans crazy.

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/4/blogs/index.php?blog=tom_colicchio&article=2008/05/so_much_at_steak

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •