The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-08, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
Or is it just me? There is something about him that gets on my nerves and I have little respect for his opinion about the food the contestants on Top Chef prepare. Maybe it's because he seems so desperate for celebrity or maybe because he seems so conceited that I want to punch him in the face. I'm glad he was a "guest" judge because that implies that I won't have to suffer anymore of him this season.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyo... anotherkim 03-16-08 1
   RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyo... livingthroughmytv 03-16-08 2
       RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyo... LLR 03-16-08 3
           RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyo... Ahtumbreez 03-17-08 4
               RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyo... kidflash212 03-17-08 5
                   RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyo... geg6 03-18-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-08, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
I love Rocco on Top Chef--he annoyed me on The Restaurant. I think he's good at asking questions and if you read his blogs on Bravotv.com, he is also good at educating the non-foodies of the world such as myself. I wish he and Bourdain were permanent judges. Nothing against Ted Allen, but I think they are more qualified to judge. I'd rather see Ted in a more Tim Gunn-type or Jay-from ANTM-type role where he counsels and gives feedback.

Kimmah Says
--I wish Bourdain was blogging about this season...that was a highlight for me last year.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

livingthroughmytv 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-16-08, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail livingthroughmytv Click to send private message to livingthroughmytv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
Yes, that's something I really miss on Top Chef. There isn't a mentor for the chefs to perhaps steer them away from the cliff (a la SweetP and the denim dress).

Ted would be perfect for that role. I'd love to see Anthony Bourdain full time. He's so honest.

LLR 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-16-08, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LLR Click to send private message to LLR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
I love Rocco!!! I did on The Restaurant & I do now as well. I don't think Tom shares the same sentiment though. I thought they didn't get along when Rocco appeared as a guest judge on last years show. Just my opinion though.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
Count me in as a Rocco lover. He's yummier than his dishes.

Agman took me to the islands

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-08, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
He's a male version of Paris Hilton - Semi famous for no reason with an ego the size of Texas.

Yechhhh

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-08, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does Rocco DiSpirito Annoy Anyone Else?"
Gotta agree with you, kid.

DiSpirito showed what an arrogant, dimwitted, ego tripping idiot he was on The Restaurant. Personally, I'd never show my face on tv again if I were him, based on how he came off on that show. And I'd surely never been seen anywhere Boudain is simply because the disdain Anthony holds for him is a common topic in all his books. I think the only reason Bourdain agreed to be in the same room with Rocco is simply his great admiration for Colicchio.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Theodor Geisel aka Dr. Seuss

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •