The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Milehigh Threeway Finish"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-07, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Milehigh Threeway Finish"
Well, the whole "live" thing ... turned out most of the "live" 75 minutes wasn't live at all. I hate when that happens, don't you.

Actually, the live audience stuff wasn't a bad idea, it was just confusing (to me at least) how they promoted this finale. It was essentially pointless, of course, but then a lot of TV is filler.

Great to see Casey, Dale and Hung really cut loose in the final challenge. Impossible for any of us to actually judge the food on taste, of course, but everything looked great to me.

Casey won the viewer who should win poll!

And boy wow, Padma has really learned the art of the commercial break tease. Let's see which of you wants to pick up and critique what else happened.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish KeithFan 10-04-07 1
   RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish RonReports 10-05-07 9
 RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish aquariaqueen 10-04-07 2
   RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish ginger 10-04-07 4
       RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish SilverStar 10-04-07 5
 RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish Ahtumbreez 10-04-07 3
 RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish geg6 10-04-07 6
 RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish jbug 10-04-07 7
   RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish dabo 10-05-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
I didn't think it made much sense. The chefs got to see the judges table, so Casey basically knew she was screwed. There wasn't really any point to having the live reveal if they were not going to do the reunion at the same time, ala Survivor. I liked the final challenge, but the live parts of it left me saying "meh".

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
>The chefs got
>to see the judges table,
>so Casey basically knew she
>was screwed.

Maybe it would have been a little better to see the expression on Casey's face when she first realized that none of her four dishes were judged to be the best. Despite this, I completely enjoyed this episode of Top Chef. The decision to use celebrity sous-chefs was a very pleasant surprise. The judges were also faced with a dilemma: should the Top Chef be the one who prepared some of the very best dishes as well as the very worst dish, or should the winner be the chef who prepared the best meal? I agree with the decision that Hung is this season's Top Chef.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-04-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
To me, it was very unfortunate that they were cooking at an altitude they weren't used to. That's an extremely different type of cooking. I want to see them do their best, not with a obstacle.
I agree, it must have been wretching for Casey, but I guess it was a way of letting her down little by little. She should have seen that she was the viewer favorite however.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
I was shocked Casey didn't win. I thought all signs pointed to it. I was less than impressed with her attitude at the final judging. Particularly when she all but blamed M. Bernstein for the second roe dish plating.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
IIRC, she was blaming Howie for the plating, not Michelle Bernstein. Bernstein was only there for the prep work, Howie helped on the second day with the plating and the surprise dish.

One word: GOTHMOG!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
They should have had the reunion show lastnight. Not next week. I want to start watching Dirty Sexy Money dang it.

all wrapped up by the tribe Halloween

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
Forcing them to cook at altitude was stupid. I don't understand why they'd place such difficult obstacle in their path for the final competition. I hope they never do anything that stupid again. I mean, seriously, they drag them Miami for most of the competition (which, interestingly enough, is right at or slightly below sea level) and haul them to Aspen (which has no connection to what has been going on all season) to cook at an altitude high enough to affect healthy people's breathing, let alone how foods and energy resources react.

I hated the whole idea.

I will, however, say that, should I ever decide I'm a lesbian, I want Padma. I'm about as straight as you get and I still want to do her.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
#1. I didn't want Hung to win.

#2. Why couldn't they have had the final cookoff in a location that did not present any challenges itself. So, none of Hung's dishes had problems w/ high altitude. Were they all expected to think of that problem when they planned out their memu? I realized immediately that they were going to have problems even getting water to boil.

#3. I'd like to have seen the follow up show but didn't want to stay up later. Hopefully they will re-show it.

September 2007 - Agman

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Milehigh Threeway Finish"
I really have to agree with everyone who has a problem with the high altitude cookoff finale. This series threw more challenge curveballs at the chefs than either TC1 or TC2, the result was a certain amount of product placement and the chefs not really getting much opportunity to break out of the box. It was absolutely not appropriate to throw them more curveballs in the final winners challenge, the old scenario of having finalists cook up a feast with the assistance of the defeated chefs was perfect by itself.

Anyway, congrats to Hung, even if he hadn't won this was his series all the way through.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •