The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rant for this week's episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-25-07, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rant for this week's episode"
Alright, I am already crabby about this week's challenge. The final four chefs will have to cook in cast iron by a freaking river or stream.

PLEASE. How does a challenge like that determine who should show at Aspen? Is the river a normal place for amazingly talented chefs to open a restuarant or cook for others? Does cooking in cast iron next to a body of water show a chef's talent at its highest?

Lame. I am already disappointed.

Hung will win anyway.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rant for this week's episode geg6 09-26-07 1
 RE: Rant for this week's episode KwietOne 09-26-07 2
 RE: Rant for this week's episode dabo 09-27-07 3
   RE: Rant for this week's episode jbug 09-27-07 4
       RE: Rant for this week's episode ginger 09-27-07 5
 Okay, I was wrong! Tiggertramp 09-27-07 6
 RE: Rant for this week's episode topmodelchick 09-27-07 7
 RE: Rant for this week's episode Ahtumbreez 09-28-07 8
 RE: Rant for this week's episode frodis 09-28-07 9
 RE: Rant for this week's episode LOREAL 09-29-07 10
   RE: Rant for this week's episode dabo 09-30-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-07, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
See, now I must disagree.

I would think this is a sort of ultimate challenge. How well can you do with minimal creature comforts?

I can think of at least two shows I've seen that featured a chef or chefs making amazing food over a campfire. One was on No Reservations (don't ask me which episode!) where he was in the woods somewhere with two other chefs and they made an amazing meal and discussed how much they liked the challenge of cooking in the wild and how some dishes were meant to be that way. And, I think, Alton Brown's first Feasting on Asphalt had a segment with them camping, cooking, and eating a fantastic meal.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-26-07, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-07 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

Had it been double elimination, I'm afraid Casey would have been eliminated.

I had my money on Dale and/or Brian to be eliminated. Woohoo! Dale won the challenge! Maybe Dale will squeak out the win!

EP: Anyone notice we were really watching a Toyota Highlander commercial?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
Well, fortunately, the cast iron camp chef challenge was quickfire. I'd agree with you if it were elimination, at this stage of the game they should be beyond the gimmicky challenges like trying to feed a planeload of people with EZBake Ovens.

Hated Brian the second he dissed trout. Yeah, I know there are seafood snobs who poohpooh freshwater fish, it's really unfortunate. Hung was back to his egotistic self again, loved how he finished up ahead of time only to realize after the clock ran out that he'd forgot the lemon juice. AWWWWWW!!!

Casey won another one! Her fish really did look great.

Dale had me laughing and crying. Poor guy, he actually made it to the final four, there he was still bumbling at challenge time.

Really loved the elimination challenge this time, game on with game! When it comes to game, I can take it or leave it, but it really is an art in itself.

And suddenly out of nowhere .... Dale gets his act together! Looked for awhile like it was going to be the same old Dale show, then everything clicked! That I really didn't expect to see, especially not so far out of his element as cooking up gourmet game.

I could have happily watched Hung go away, it would have been brutally and unintentionally ironic (hung game, ancient British acquired taste). But good-bye Brian instead, shame we never got to see him ruin catfish.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
I can't stand Hung's arrogance! & the look on his face when they told him how he was the best "technically" - smug - yes I know look - then to hear that technical was all he has going for him.

I wished - as did most of America did - that Hung had been eliminated. (wonder how he felt when he saw that high percentage).

Butch bobble by Tribe

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
Except this is supposed to be a contest about cooking, rather than likability. Hung's obnoxious but he has won many important challenges and the judges acknowledge him to be technically the best chef. So it would have been stupid to eliminate him, America's Choice notwithstanding.

I would be happy with a Hung/Casey cookoff.
My money's on Casey.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-27-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Okay, I was wrong!"
I was wrong, I am a person able to admit that. But I am still ranting.

Hung: Yes he is the chef to beat, he will be the winner unless he completely blows it. But man oh man, if I had to hear his insincere pleas about how much he FEELS his cooking and his Vietnamese family having to struggle, I will vomit. I am sorry his family suffered, but please, he is successful in Vegas, he is hardly hurting now.

Casey: Love her. She is a great chef, has heart etc. I am anxious to see what she brings to the table.

Dale: He was wonderful to watch. I am surprised he was not eliminated, but his dish must have rocked.

Brian: How dare he disrespect trout? Is Walleye next?

My basic rant is that this close to the end, the chef's should be allowed a challenge to showcase a flavor of things to come, to really be judged by their own style. Call me crazy. I would have loved to see what Brian would have made to show his genius.

Whatever. I love the show, just muted Hung's poor me sob story.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-27-07, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
I think the episode was OK, I can't wait to see what they give us on the finale.

I am rooting for Dale a little bit, I always really liked him, but now I do think he's inspired and ready to cook.

I would rather Dale or Casey win than Hung, even though he might be a fine chef, he has no soul and I think that matters in really great tasting food.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
I liked this episode, and think Jennifer Aniston (oops I mean Casey) was right in not using her private arsenal for this challenge.

I love to watch Hung's knife skills, so was happy to see him not be eliminated. And I love Dale.

Previews made it look like Casey might be in trouble next week. I hope it was misleading.

Can't wait for the finale.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
I think my favorite line of this episode was when Brian observed that elk is definitely not seafood.

I like Dale. I'm glad that he pulled himself together for this challenge and is in the finale.

I also don't find Hung as reprehensible as I probably should. I think some of his dishes seem a little short-sighted when it comes to presentation and color. It does seem a little scary that he's always running around with knives, yet he's the guy we've seen knocking things over and breaking stuff more often than anyone else.

Casey - meh. It seems petty but I decided I didn't like her much in the latin buffet challenge when she said that she watches Dame Chocolate and then when Lia asked her who her favorite character is, she spewed some drivel about generic soap opera characters that clearly indicated that she had not, in fact, watched the show. Okay, it has nothing to do with food - there's something about her personality that I don't care for.

Arkie Autumn Art!

LOREAL 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-29-07, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LOREAL Click to send private message to LOREAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
I have always liked Dale. I thought his speech to the judges was thoughtful and genuine, I hope he wins. Kasey is getting too cocky and Hung just isn't that likeable. Steven and Marcel in previous seasons at least were nasty out loud, Hung just does not have a personality. Too bad Brian had to go, he was kind of funny and really good to look at.
Hopefully Dale will keep his "stuff" together and come out the winner.
Does anyone know for sure if Phalma (however you spell her name) is really married to Simon Rushke,( the author whose book got him kicked out of his country) he is kinda on the not so good looking side and he has got be at least 70 years old. Just curious.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-07, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rant for this week's episode"
Welcome aboard! Padma and Salman are getting divorced last I heard.

Dale's elimination challenge win gives him a big ego boost going into the winners challenge, and Dale really needed a confidence builder in this game.

Additionally, Dale and Casey have gotten along well with most of the eliminated contestants, Hung has trouble remembering their names. If the winners challenge follows form from previous seasons they will each be leading teams made up of eliminated competition, Hung could find this as much a disadvantage as did Marcel.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •