The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/22 Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-23-07, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/22 Show"
I missed the 8/15 so I was glad they replayed it last night. I really like how Bravo does this (& HGTV also does replays of Design Star). It's nice to know you can catch up on a missed ep.
Enough of that.

So now I understand the thread on the non-eliminated ep. I can see where they had trouble choosing one to send packing.

Even tho Tre messed up on both tries at the restaurant, I hated to see him go. I think he is one of the most talented chefs there. I'd hate to think that CJ intentionally did not take the lead chef position because he knew that person would be ultimately responsible for what came out of the kitchen.

It was good to see Sarah step up to the plate and take charge. I'm sure they all enjoyed seeing her boss Howie around - and he did what she said even if he wasn't happy about it!

Poor Casey. Really missed her chance on chopping onions. And then didn't shine in the kitchen with her monkfish either. Could have been her that was sent home. If Tre had been a little more forceful leading in the kitchen, I think Casey would have been the one to go.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/22 Show udg 08-23-07 1
 RE: 8/22 Show EMTBGRL 08-23-07 2
   RE: 8/22 Show jbug 08-24-07 4
 RE: 8/22 Show dabo 08-24-07 3
 RE: 8/22 Show geg6 08-24-07 5
 RE: 8/22 Show aquariaqueen 08-24-07 6
 RE: 8/22 Show mattben 08-25-07 7
   RE: 8/22 Show dabo 08-26-07 8
       RE: 8/22 Show geg6 08-27-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-23-07, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/22 Show"
Casey was extremely disappointing in the Quick Fire. It wasn't that she was slow; it was that she had NO CLUE what she was doing. I'm slow with a knife, but at least I know that's not how you chop an onion. She was wasting a lot of time with her bizarre "cut 'em horizontally first" technique.

I liked Tre. I expected him to go farther. Once again, Casey declaring that someone is a good friend = kiss of death. She did the same thing the week Lia went home.

I was very impressed with the Garage/Quatre team. They were a "recipe" for disaster, but they pulled together and worked as a team, rather than blowing up. I never saw that coming. Good for them!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-23-07, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/22 Show"
Tre shouldn't have been sent home. If we are looking at this episode per episode: Restaurant Challenge. Casey should have had to "pack her knives and go!" No brainer.

Reasoning: Tre

Tre might have made the worst dish of the night, BUT he also made the scallop dish that the judges loved, and had table-side service that impressed them.

In comparison: Casey

Casey made a terrible monkfish dish, and offered to help Tre make the bread pudding (both failed)

Quote of the night, directed at Casey by the guest judge:

"You go to the fish market to buy fish that's already dead. You don't cook it to kill it twice!"

And that was Casey NODDING in AGREEMENT after that quote!

If it was "all about the food?" Why not send the chef home that AGREED with the judges that their dish was awful?
That was Casey.
Monkfish dish: Casey.
Possible assistance with the failed dessert? (screen-time offer) Casey.

Ummm...compared to Casey's overall performance in the restaurant challenge? Tre was sent home because?--I have no idea. The salmon dish pales in comparison overall.

As for being "More aggressive in the kitchen?" CJ, Brian and Dale all had similar criticisms, so that isn't enough to choose Casey to stay over Tre.

What ELSE did Casey contribute? She also demonstrated that she had NO real knife skills during the Quickfire Challenge. I could chop onions faster than that when I was five!

In addition? When Tre said that he could "make bread pudding in his sleep" (originally) Casey volunteered to "help him make it" (I couldn't help but wonder, later, if that's WHY the bread pudding failed so miserably.)

Hey, Casey! If someone says, "I can do that in my sleep?" Don't help them!

Hey, Casey! imho You skated! Better work better next time.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-07, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 8/22 Show"
~~~waving to EMTBGrl~~~~

So, I take it you didn't lilke Casey and thought she should have been senk packing?
Sharpen your knives girl! I agree; I really wanted to see Tre go further.

Butch playing ball with Agman
PS - How're you doing?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-07, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 8/22 Show"
Having rewatched the episode tonight, I think unfortunately the judges made the right decision. It's a shame, Tre was one of the more interesting cooks (though he didn't get much facetime since he mostly avoided getting caught up in drama). But Sandee was an even more interesting cook and, in my opinion, very unfairly eliminated in the BBQ challenge.

The Restaurant Wars challenge is ultimately unfair, the different roles assumed by the players determine their fates. Brian was able to skate through without doing a thing in the kitchen, CJ managed to serve a mediocre lobster dish and otherwise vanish into the background, but Tre and Casey couldn't avoid the radar, they stood out. Casey stood out for one bad dish, though, while Tre stood out for taking on too much by himself, in the end he couldn't pull off a simple dessert that was his own idea. And running his kitchen on a laissez-fiare principle, his own decision, ultimately is what cost him the game.

On the plus side, I loved seeing the guest VIPs tonight. Watching Sara take charge of the kitchen and get both Howie and Hung to follow orders was wonderful. Even Dale taking Sommelier Stephen down a peg was a hoot. (I have to admit it, though, I do find Stephen entertaining.)

The scariest bit of the night was watching Hung butcher the chickens in the quickfire. Face it, that wasn't butchery, that was a massacre.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-07, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 8/22 Show"
I feel bad about Tre because I think that, ultimately, he's one of the best chefs there. But he did fail pretty badly in this challenge, mainly by being way overconfident.

I am, however, appalled that they kept Casey. Her dishes have not been very good throughout. Though she's supposed to be a line cook, she doesn't seem to have many skills that any line cooks I know have. And her knife skills are just appalling. I know I couldn't have been as quick as Sara, but I would have blown Casey out of the water. Chopping onions isn't exactly plastic surgery. Her technique was the least efficient method I could imagine. Absolutely pitiful.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-24-07, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 8/22 Show"
I, too, thought Tre deserved to go longer and probably to the end in this series.

CJ should have gotten gigged for not being more involved in the cooking process. He was supposed to be the team leader, and jbug, I think you're right, he allowed someone else to take the brunt of anything that may have gone wrong.

It really is about time Sarah got some gumption....when something wasn't good enough, she stopped it at the presses. Having the judge in the kitchen probably helped her gain a point for that.

Casey has been coming off as just mediocre to me....she shouldn't stay too much longer.

Bravo has some of the better reality shows, probably because they're still a little more fresh, but I do love their marathons when you catch up on any episodes you missed.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-25-07, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 8/22 Show"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-07 AT 07:40 PM (EST)

I think Casey should have been the one to go. How can you mess up chopping onions? She lost the race after being given a good lead on the oysters. Isn't it dangerous to have a speed challenge with very sharp knives?

There were so many poor dishes in the restaurant challenge, you could make a case for some of the others. Sarah and her team worked best; she took control of the kitchen and they performed well together. Only problem was the undercooked lamb, which stayed in the kitchen. Whoever was out front contributed a dish to the team.

The first sign that CJ's team would be losers was that he whimped out and didn't lead the kitchen.

Tre's were first two dishes. The salmon was bad.
CJ's lobster was iffy.
Casey's monk fish didn't work.
Tre's bread pudding was messed up, w/ no help from Cedrick.

(I think I'm confusing Cedrick w/ the 2nd guy on judges' reviews. I don't really know their names well, just maybe catching 'em as Bravo is rerunning it now while I wait for the Redskins' game.)

Tre didn't lead the kitchen, really. Failed leadership plus bad dishes = departure.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-07, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 8/22 Show"
Tom (head judge), Padma (host/judge), Gail (judge), Ted (judge), Geoffrey (guest judge), Stephen (guest wine snob), Chris (guest celeb relative): Could you be less specific than 2nd guy next time?

Chefs ought to be able to chop up a lot of stuff quickly without endangering anyone, but onions have the extra make you cry degree of difficulty.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-07, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 8/22 Show"
A Top Chef should have amazing knife skills. And many scars from achieving said skills. I know chefs who don't have the tips of any of their left fingers.

It's all a part of the job. And the art of it, too.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •