The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef Just Desserts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16983 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-09, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef Just Desserts"
and? another season of Top Chef Masters.
and? Top Chef Juniors!

I'm liking where all of this is going.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bravo-orders-top-chef-just-desserts-pastry-spinoff-begins-casting-9821.php

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef Just Desserts jbug 09-15-10 1
 RE: Top Chef Just Desserts ARnutz 09-17-10 2
   RE: Top Chef Just Desserts Snidget 09-17-10 3
       RE: Top Chef Just Desserts ARnutz 09-17-10 4
       RE: Top Chef Just Desserts Agman2 05-15-15 37
 Episode 2 ARnutz 09-23-10 5
   RE: Episode 2 frodis 09-23-10 6
       RE: Episode 2 jase 09-25-10 7
           RE: Episode 2 Tummy 10-07-10 8
 Ep 3 I think jbug 10-08-10 9
   RE: Ep 3 I think ARnutz 10-08-10 10
       RE: Ep 3 I think frodis 10-08-10 11
           RE: Ep 3 I think ARnutz 10-08-10 12
               RE: Ep 3 I think JessicaRN 10-09-10 13
       RE: Ep 3 I think Agman2 03-24-15 35
 RE: Top Chef Just Desserts mtb002 10-19-10 14
   RE: Top Chef Just Desserts arkiegrl 10-20-10 15
 RE: Top Chef Just Desserts jbug 10-22-10 16
   RE: Top Chef Just Desserts frodis 10-22-10 17
       RE: Top Chef Just Desserts ARnutz 10-27-10 18
 Ep. 6 ARnutz 10-28-10 19
   RE: Ep. 6 arkiegrl 10-29-10 20
   RE: Ep. 6 udg 10-30-10 21
   RE: Ep. 6 Med326 11-10-10 27
 Ep 7 arkiegrl 11-04-10 22
   RE: Ep 7 mtb002 11-04-10 23
       RE: Ep 7 jbug 11-05-10 25
           RE: Ep 7 mtb002 11-06-10 26
   RE: Ep 7 jbug 11-05-10 24
 Final 3 ARnutz 11-11-10 28
   RE: Final 3 Snidget 11-12-10 29
 Finale arkiegrl 11-18-10 30
   RE: Finale mom2bjm 11-18-10 31
   RE: Finale jbug 11-22-10 32
       RE: Finale ARnutz 11-22-10 33
       RE: Finale VisionQuest 11-26-10 34
           RE: Finale Agman2 05-15-15 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-15-10, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
I'm looking forward to this.

Thanks Agman 2010
Tennessee girls have fire and ice in our blood! We can ride 4wheelers and horses, be a princess, love with a passion, throw left hooks, fish and hunt with the guys, and if we have an opinion you're gonna hear it! Proud to be one....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13913 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
I watched! I thought the show was cool. There are certainly some characters on it. Looks like drama!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
I did not know sugar fumes made people crazy.

Now I know why all the regular chefs are so bad at deserts, it is self preservation.

09-17-10, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
*snort*

Guess that's why they call it a 'sugar high'.

Agman2 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-15, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
Sugar fumes aren't the only kind of fumes that make people crazy! bwahahahaha

09-23-10, 10:08 AM (EST)
5. "Episode 2"
Seth is a whiny or screamy baby, depending on his mood. Yeesh!

Even Morgan, his buddy, thought he was out of control. It's not good when the guest judge needs to give you a hug.

Danielle's quickfire winner looked awesome. As did Erica's margarita dessert in the elimination challenge. I thought Zac's quickfire looked deelish too! ...and who was that one who didn't even use candy in there? Duh! Listen to the instructions for the challenge!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-23-10, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 2"
Mr. Fro and I were psycho-analyzing Seth and in our totally unprofessional opinion, the stress of the competition may be throwing off his emotional balance. If he's on meds, they may need adjusting. The way he talks when he's being rational seems pretty self-aware, and I would guess that he's had some kind of anger management or emotional control therapy of some kind.

He seems fine and then all of the sudden he's ranting about how everyone is against him. There's something off, there. I kind of feel bad for him because I don't think he's in control. Gail looked a little scared of him. I was kind of hoping for a mercy elimination for him before he implodes.

Pineapple upsidedown cake guy made me want a pineapple upsidedown cake RIGHT NOW.

So did I hear Gail correctly that Hubert Keller is a permanent judge? Woo! I love me some Hubert.

A Mmmmmmmoonie plate special!

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-25-10, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 2"
Seth clearly has a lot of issues and has been dealing (or trying to deal) with them for some time. Being on this show seems to be making things worse for him on both on a mental and emotional level.

Hopefully, once the show is over, he will get some much needed help. Seeing him self-destruct weekly is not at all entertaining.

_

Nevertheless, i like the show, but they should end the spin-offs. No need to continue to dilute the Top Chef brand.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-07-10, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 2"
I was sad to see Seth implode like that. They need some kind of screening for contestants! Hope he gets help.

Didn't see a reason to bring Heather back.

10-08-10, 03:08 PM (EST)
9. "Ep 3 I think"
Ice cream sundae quickfire challenge.
Some interesting stuff! I'd never be creative enough to do what they are doing - but then again, they are pros, so...

Does Seth seriously need serious help? or is he just spoiled rotten and a complete DAW / Drama queen (pun? no?)
That was strange.

Think they should have been prepared with a different idea just in case instead of bringing a person back. She was lucky the other lady wanted to quit.

I can understand some people not being cut out for competitions; seems there may be more than just 1 in this group.
Seems sad tho that her being there took a spot someone else might have had.

Agman says my new glasses make me look sexy!

10-08-10, 05:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 3 I think"
OMG! yes. Seth really needs professional help. As do Heather (the one who came back) and Malika (the one who quit).

The other Heather needs a smack in the head, while Morgan needs an ego-check.

I lvoe Zac. He is fun!

I hate the way Danielle's face weirdly contorts when she speaks. It's hard to look at, but I know she has no control over that.

10-08-10, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 3 I think"
Is Danielle the one who looks like a Nightmare Before Christmas character?

In my entirely unprofessional opinion, there is something wrong with Seth that is not within his control. I felt sorry for him, because he clearly blew a fuse. (on the other hand, I did say "weak sauce" a bunch of times to Mr. Fro just because it was fun to say in a weird, flipped-out Seth voice. Weak sauce. Weak sauce. Redrum.)

I'm sorry, but I can't stop wondering about the gaping head wound that The Heather that Came Back is trying to cover up with her ridiculous bangs. I could understand a devastating hand-wringing injury since she can't ever decide what to make or whether it's good enough, but what's up with her forehead?

And seriously, what's your damage, Other Heather?

At least Malika went out on a challenge where she made something good rather than making something that fell apart or wasn't finished.

These pastry chefs are a bunch of nuts. It must be from too much sugar and pastry glitter. Now I know why regular Top Chef doesn't cast too many pastry people.

10-08-10, 07:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 3 I think"
This is Danielle: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-just-desserts/bio/danielle-keene

She looks great in that picture, but her chin and mouth look weird when she speaks.

Haha! Yes, they are nuts! Maybe they snort the sugar in between takes. Pastry glitter. *snort*

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-10, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 3 I think"
I was just saying to my husband that this is the biggest group of nutty divas ever assembled. Even the ones that first seemed normal are now acting out. This show makes the Project Runway cast seem normal.

I love desserts, but I think it would be hard to have to taste so many at one time. Once you get a mouth of sticky, gooey chocolate, that taste will linger for quite a while. It almost makes me slightly nauseous to watch Gail have to taste both Quickfire and Elimination dishes.

Plus, I kind of think that since Seth left, they were not going to eliminate anyone.

03-24-15, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Ep 3 I think"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-15 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

Seth needs professional help? RUnutz?

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-19-10, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
I'm enjoying the sweets as well. Although, when Andy Cohen calls it the gayest show ever on Bravo, that just speaks volumes.

I normally have no tolerance for Drama Queens, but I think Seth either has a personality disorder or other actual axis diagnosis. Boy's not right, the producers should have sent him packing after the Red Hot incident. Not because he lost it, but because he couldn't get himself under control. He cried for what felt like forever, and that was the edited version.

I love Zach, but I think he, Yegit, and Heather are mean girls. They're fun to watch, but I don't think I'd actually want to be around them. Morgan is just weird, and not a good weird. I enjoy the baker, making delicious food, but struggling with plating issues. It's always good when someone has a story arc that actually involves their talent/skills.

I'll reserve final judgment until the finale, but I'm tuning in every Wednesday, so they've got me where they want me!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-10, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
The Go-Diva bit got annoying real quick.

10-22-10, 12:38 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
The divas are getting to be a bit too much.
Heather is a real bit*h!
Accusing Morgan of stealing or hiding her rice krispies.
They have video cameras on all the time -
check the film - like Tim did on PR!

Morgan creates some beautiful desserts. He is really talented.

The others? none really impress me.

10-22-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
The ice cream that Erica made must have tasted really bad, because I can't imagine how they let Danielle through with her goofy "128" thing. I mean, come on, that looked silly. And why did she keep saying "chocolate cream-filled cookie" in a lower, hushed tone, like it was a mysterious ancient recipe?

And Nutzy, I now can not watch Danielle speak, due to your observations about the weird faces she makes. And unless she was actually instructed to use mayonnaise in her dessert, her little ick-rant about mayonnaise was unnecessary. (There's a pet peeve of mine - if you don't like a food, fine, do not eat it, but please do not go on and on about how gross it is and how could anyone possible EAT that because that's just self centered and makes you sound like a child. Thank you.)

Heather - I have to believe that Heather is one of those people who doesn't have the ability to see herself as others see her. It's almost like she's found herself in the cool kids clique for the first time in her life and she's overly obsessed with picking on the kids who are not in the clique. The thing is, I understand, I don't like Morgan either. I think he's weird. But she's just making herself look foolish. SO foolish, that I can't remember her dessert, at all. Didn't she use too much red? Duh, Heather. Big Duh.

Morgan. He's really odd. His comment about not trusting people as far as he can throw them, and then saying he can throw them really far, was just unintentionally funny. Hey Morgan, you do know that when you say you can't trust someone as far as you can throw them, it presumes that you can't throw them and therefore do not trust them, right. Just clearing that up. He's also the classic "outside the cool kids clique but wants to be in so all he can do is talk about how much the cool kids clique sucks, but if they asked him he'd be in instantly."

Zac - your charm is wearing a little thin. Oh, and I do not know what a "whoopie pie" is but apparently it's the ceviche of the Dessert set, because I think someone has made it on nearly every episode. I'd kind of guessed what it is based on what they've made but I finally googled it. Deep fried whoopie pie? Well, okay. Don't know why they didn't get on his case about it being brown, but whatever.

Yigit looks like a pez dispenser.

Eric, how on earth did you get mixed up with these clowns?

10-27-10, 11:09 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Top Chef Just Desserts"
*makes Danielle face* Oh how I wish she was gone! ...with her friggin "a 3 year old could've made that stupid '128' thingy"

I was so glad that Eric finally got some props.

10-28-10, 06:50 PM (EST)
19. "Ep. 6"
Yay! Beeyotch is gone! ...but we are still stuck with the face-maker. poo.

Pastry shop wars was fun, even though I hate group challenges.

Our final 5:

Icky-face (Danielle) - Last woman standing... when will she be gone? She was really the best woman??? I don't think so.

Morgan - he may just win this thing. Remember, even though the contestants hate him, personality means nothing here. He's done good.

Eric - I would love for him to win as I think he's an underdog.

Zac - He may just win it. I think he's fun! He makes me crack up. He also has a big ego, eh?

Yigit - Probably final 3 material. Can he beat out Zac or Morgan?

10-29-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep. 6"
Yep, Go-Diva became Go home Diva! Loved the fact that their team was in the bottom. I can't stand arrogant people. Fine line between confident and arrogant, and all 3 of them are well over that line.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-10, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep. 6"
I think it comes down to Morgan, Zac, and Yigit. Yigit is my favorite of the 3, but that's more because Zac & Morgan are so unlikable. Zac is AMUSING, but not really likable to me.

This week, I really wanted a slice (or 10) of Morgan's tort.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Med326 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-10, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Med326 Click to send private message to Med326 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep. 6"
I just watched this episode today and it really made me question what the selection process was for this "competition". All of the contestants' desserts for the bouquet competition were really boring and the presentation was just plain terrible! Has anyone watched Cake Boss? Now those are pastry chefs that should be in this type of competition! And what was up with the whole "no chocolate" thing?!? It just seemed like they needed to throw in some kind of twist to make this episode have a climax. Also, I can't stand any of the competitors. Yigit and Danielle both look like they are hard-core drugs and the rest bring no personality to the show. Last time I let my roommate convince me to watch Top Chef Just Desserts, pff!

11-04-10, 11:26 AM (EST)
22. "Ep 7"

I understand why Eric was eliminated, but I'm still sad about it. He almost had me tearing up with his last words. Yes, Eric, you are now a chef.

11-04-10, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep 7"
Yes the last bit of sanity has been eliminated. I'll miss eric very much as well. Was it just me or were zac/yigit much less bitchy last night? Maybe Heather was just that toxic? Loved zac fawning over Julie Andrews, absolutely adorable.

11-05-10, 11:12 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 7"
I don't get the Zac love; he seems fake to me.

11-06-10, 03:58 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep 7"
I do like zac, but I would have thought anyone fawning over Julie Andrews/Blake Edwards was adorable. I don't think that's a couple very many people would have come up with.

The reason I like Zac is the times he holds back. Like when Seth broke something of his, you knew he just wanted to kill him, but he decided to be a decent human being instead and was as gracious as he could be under the circumstances. They also didn't show him accusing Morgan of stealing components like Yigit/Heather. These reality shows thrive on drama, and I think (don't have proof) that contestants are encouraged to create drama. So anytime one of them doesn't jump on every opportunity, I respect that. That said, I'm sure that there's a Zac/Danielle Battle Royale brewing, we just haven't been shown it yet.

11-05-10, 11:12 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep 7"
I think the judges used past performance in making this decision.
Yigit's dessert was called "bland" and tasteless. And... he didn't plate to serve everyone.

Eric may not have planned the best to match the challenge, & even tho he made 2 shortbread pieces, I think they were both considered tasty. The filling on one was especially complimented.

So I think the judges just wanted Yigit in the finals more than Eric.

BTW: What kind of name is Yigit anyway?
Looks like it rhymes with Idgit (which is kid slang for idiot around here).

11-11-10, 09:56 PM (EST)
28. "Final 3"
Oh well. Fun and snarky Zac is gone, but really? his cake was a hot mess!

...and we're left with:

Cartoon face Danielle - who sucks! and needed to go long ago.

Yigit - who has been hit or miss.

Morgan - who's there to win! Yeah. Nobody else has EVER gone on these things to win before!

*rolls eyes*

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-10, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Final 3"
When I saw his cake I thought "that should be on cake wrecks" and then he said he made a cake wreck. Jen must be so proud.

11-18-10, 01:49 PM (EST)
30. "Finale"
I'm sad it's over, because I'm going to miss seeing Johnny on my TV. I find Johnny to be very hot. VERY.HOT. He would be my favorite dessert.

Now, on to the winner of the show. I'm glad Morgan didn't win, just because he's such a jerk. Of course, I think Yigit was a bit of a jerk, too, what with the whole Team Go-Diva crap he had going with Heather and Zac.

mom2bjm 1467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Finale"
I will second the "I'm glad Morgan didn't win" comment... what a loser he was -not kind at all!

11-22-10, 11:29 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Finale"
Usually on these kinds of shows, I can find at least one in the finale that I can root for;
& sometimes any of the finalists would be good winners to me.

However, all 3 of these left something to be desired.
Morgan - tho probably the most talented, had a real attitude problem. I know a lot of people say they don't go on a competition of this sort to "make friends" but that doesn't mean that one has to be mean or ugly.

Yigit - his participation in the Diva 3 attached something "smelly" to his personality. Too much the junior high click - we're in, you're out - thing.

& what was her name? not even close to the talent of the other 2 - IMO. and I still can't get over all the faces she was always making! LOL Wonder what she thought as she watched the season - did she even realize she made faces all the time?

11-22-10, 02:46 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-10 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

Agree!

...and I also agree with Arkie! Johnny is yummy!

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-10, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Finale"
Morgan really offended me when he called Zac a fairy.

05-15-15, 05:01 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Finale"
I don't think he meant it the way it sounded. He meant more in terms of a fairy god mother.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •