The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And the winner is...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-31-11, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"And the winner is...."
was anyone else as surprised as I was at this outcome? I felt for sure that Mike had this in the bag. I really wonder if the judges looked over the past season and realized that Richard hadn't won the monetary prizes (not to mention the car) that Mike had won, and just gave it to him as a toss up?

Although, in the after-show, 82% of those calling/texting/tweeting, felt Richard WAS the correct winner. I disagreed. I felt Mike showed himself strong, confident, and an amazing chef in every way all through this competiton.

I know that all the other competitors felt that Blaze (Blaize?) was a strong chef going in, so maybe there was a lot of editing there that I just did't catch on to, or maybe my bias got in the way.

I loved Mike when he went up against the brothers in his season, so he was a favorite of mine coming in.

In any case, they both seemed calm and cool about the win on the after-show last night. And I'm sure we'll see a lot of them in the future. Can't wait for the reunion show when a few of the cast take on Tom!! And I'm hoping that someone addresses Jennifer's temper and attitude on her being cut early on.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: And the winner is.... crs3192 03-31-11 1
 RE: And the winner is.... cipher5150 03-31-11 2
   RE: And the winner is.... jbug 04-01-11 3
       RE: And the winner is.... arkiegrl 04-01-11 4
           RE: And the winner is.... JessicaRN 04-01-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-11, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: And the winner is...."
I was both surprised and unsurprised.

First of all, I disagree that Mike has been a strong competitor all season. I think that he really stepped up his game from his last time on the show, but he only truly showed up in the last few weeks. Before that, I think he coasted a bit.

Blais has been, consistently, the best of the season. I mean, there were others that were great as well, but Blais has this incredible mixture of finesse, technique, and creativity.

In terms of the finale, I think Mike got it spot on. Richard won the first course, Mike won the third, the second could have gone either way. With the extra amuse bouche and his improvement of the second round of desserts, Richard took the night.

If Richard hadn't won, I would have considered it to be a HUGE upset, but Mike was presented as the underdog. That made me think that Mike had a pretty good chance of winning.

Overall, I'm SUPER happy that Richard won. It was sad to see Mike so down when he lost, but he should be proud of how much he improved since his first season.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-11, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: And the winner is...."
I couldn’t disagree more…I was not surprised that Mike lost as he clearly has not gotten a winner’s edit this season. His confessionals were filled with ego-trips, boasts, and insults to the other chefs. He may have been a nice guy off camera (and everyone seemed to like him well enough – even Antonia eventually warmed up to him) but people who act superior, conceited and mean in their confessionals don’t usually win over someone who is edited to be self-deprecating, humble, and kind. Even the Voltaggio(sp) brother that won last season, although he was pretty arrogant, paled in comparison to Mike in “ugly” confessionals. Also, Mike (and other chefs on this show) needs to learn that truly great chefs don’t go around publicly talking about what great chefs they are and how superior they are to other chefs – even on a reality show.

In addition, I though the Judges’ Table discussions clearly skewed towards Richard winning. He won the first and second courses. The second course was the fish course and Tom thought Mike’s was the best he ever had – until he had Richards. Mike won the third course and got half the votes in the fourth course while Richard got the other half. In addition, Richard had the extra amuse-bouche that they all loved and he did not have a timing issue like Mike did. I was sure Richard had won when Gail said she would eat at Mike’s restaurant during the week and Richard’s on the weekend. In my experience weekend dining is more special and leisurely and I interpreted her statement to mean Richard’s meal was more exceptional – YMMV.

I’m glad Richard won but I think I would have been ok with a Mike win from a purely technical aspect. There’s certainly no question that they are both good chefs. There have been some seasons in the past where I felt the winner wasn’t particularly exceptional but this season both of the finalists were exceptional chefs.

I really enjoyed this season and hope they do it again after another ten seasons or so. I’d also love to see a season (or maybe a 3-4 episode stint) with just winners – although I suspect a lot of them would not be interested in taking the risk of losing and being embarrassed.

BTW, did anyone see the live “after” show they did last night? I was amazed at the major bags under Richard’s eyes – it’s hard having a newborn! And what’s up with Jen shouting from the audience after the host made the “sour grapes” comments. She didn’t come off as having such a bad attitude on her original season. Looking forward to the reunion special next week…

Fooner cracked my code

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-11, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: And the winner is...."
I wasn't surprised that Richard won.
I would have been a bit disappointed if Mike had won.
I just thought Richard was the more accomplished chef.

I had it recorded - but didn't realize there was an after show so I didn't get to see that.

Will there be a "reunion" show? anyone know when?

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-11, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: And the winner is...."
It will be on Wednesday, in the regular time slot.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-01-11, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: And the winner is...."
I think I would have been surprised if Richard didn't win, but I was surprised that Mike came back so strong and focused. I'm not sure his working out exactly showed, and on the after show, he definitely seemed heavier than ever.

If I was going to hang out with someone though, as obnoxious as Mike is, I have to agree with what someone said elsewhere here, that he is like their obnoxious brother. Richard is just so intense.

I understand that Richard's wife was pregnant, but it was kind of odd that the closest relative that they could come up with for him was an uncle.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •