The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-21-07, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-07 AT 06:24 PM (EST)

We seem to be a little capricious about when to stick to the letter of the law (e.g., last night) and when we care more about potential cook/potential controversy/ratings (e.g., we kept Mr. No Frogs' Legs guy).

Also, you will notice about 14 contestants you never saw before.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Ni... tribephyl 06-21-07 1
 RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Ni... Fishercat 06-21-07 2
   RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Ni... dabo 06-22-07 3
 RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Ni... weltek 06-22-07 4
 RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Ni... RonReports 06-23-07 5
   RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Ni... ginger 06-27-07 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
Wow. No kidding.

Granted, none of the judges get to really sit-in on an entire day with the chef's, but it's becoming quite apparent that producers are indeed setting the rules for who stays and who goes. Not the judges.

Sandy seemed to be more in line with what a TopChef could be. Whereas Howie and Joey BOTH are there for more dramatic purposes.

Kudos to Micah. She's looking real good. Hope she doesn't lose it mentally.

I'm also really liking Brian.
(He actually reminds me of myself in the kitchen. I'll make anything. Sometimes the stranger the better.)

Yes. Even Whoopee.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-21-07, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
I thought the firing was legitimate in terms of logic, if not my personal choice.

The difference between the two weeks rationale is there, but I think it can be reconciled. In Week 1, it wasn't that Howie was thinking "OK, I have two necessary ingredients, but I am only going to use one". It was that, simply, he used poor time management (like he did this week, except he went extreme on the other end). In Week 2, Sandee circumvented the main concept of the challenge. It wasn't that her concept was in the realm, but she just didn't have enough time to make it true BBQ food. Rather, the judges thought her concept wasn't High-Scale BBQ food, rather High-Scale Food that happened to be cooked on a grill. Whether they are wrong or right I am not sure, but their logic isn't contradictory IMO.

With that said, I honestly don't think she did it on purpose nor do I think she should have gone home. I would have sent Joey home for a weak dish and for being a #####. If I were choosing, she would still be here.

Who I Would Have Sent Home:
Week 1: Clay
Week 2: Joey

I'm getting the feeling I am going to be the only defender of Howie, but here it goes. I thought both dishes were conceptually good. It's clear that he knows what he's doing, he knows when he makes mistakes, and he is trying to fix them. If this string continues with poor time management and bad execution, then I can see that he'd be there for drama. But on the whole, I think he's there because, behind Hung, Tre, and possibly Micah (but I'm not that impressed), he's right in that pack in terms of ability.

And I saw two people in the show I didn't even know were in this competition. And that's pretty unacceptable Bravo.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-07, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
I thought either Howie or Joey should have been sent packing since it seemed what they served was basically inedible.

Sandee's dish may not have been great but some of the objections to it were pure BS. First of all, there is no one thing that BBQ is. BBQ is a versatile concept that encompassess a vast range of approaches (including, yes, calling it BBQ anything you happen to cook on the grill). And whichever judge commented she couldn't taste the lobster to resounding agreement, HUH??? Lobster is essentially tasteless, you always end up tasting whatever is used for seasoning.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
I don't know, it all flushes out in the first month or so. Sandy was good, but she might be a one trick pony. The other two loosers will go soon.

I think it's frustrating, but realistic, that the judges vascillate between "let's get rid of the chef that screwed up this particular challenge worst" vs. "let's get rid of the chef that continually screws up a little bit." I think it's often producer push, but sometimes I think the judges are pervertedly eager to see what the weirdos do next (see "Mikey" from last season).

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-23-07, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
>LAST EDITED ON 06-21-07
>AT 06:24 PM (EST)

>
>We seem to be a little
>capricious about when to stick
>to the letter of the
>law (e.g., last night)

The right person was cut this week. It was not a question of the letter of the law, she totally ignored the requirement to barbeque her food. This ouster was intended to send a message to the remaining contestants that they better pay attention to the basic requirements of each challenge if they don't want to be ousted. If she was allowed to remain, there was at least a theoretical possibility that she could win, and this show could not allow someone who ignored the rules of a challenge to become the Top Chef.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Less Than Thrilled With Last Night's Choice of Ouster."
But, see, that's my point. Because they let "left the frogs' legs out" guy stay, and the rules were to use TWO gross protein items.

I don't really care - this is not a presidential election, and they can boot whomever they please, but all the rationalization based on adhereing to the rules when we ignored the rules last week was sort of irritating. Esp. since I am not as clear as to the definition of "barbecue" as others are.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:Barbecue&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Plus, it is clear they are keeping the other guys around simply because they fight on camera. In fact, the amount of rationalizing of the decision makes me think they realized they were being a little inconsistent.

Anyway, no use crying over spilled Sandees. And since I'm pretty sure they want a woman to win, Micah's looking pretty good.

At least she wouldn't ruin the rissotto. Woops! Wrong show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •