The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-09-09, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-09 AT 11:50 PM (EST)

I think I'm the only one here so I'll start the thread and try a recap.

Tonight Top Chef goes a little Iron chef as they make the contestants use a secret ingredient in the Quickfire: Snails! To top it off, they have to serve it to Daniel Boulud. And the twist-the loser goes home! Ashely, Jesse and Robin are the bottom, and they had to cook off with an amuse bouche. Big surprise, Jesse goes home. Kevin wins with candied bacon jelly (wow, everything is better with bacon) and gets a special treat to be revealed later.

Elimination challenge. They will be cooking in pairs for some of the greatest french chefs in the world in Joel Robuchon's restaurant. Everyone is quaking in their boots except Kevin, who doesn't have to cook, he gets to sit and eat with the pantheon. To quote Zoe, "I die." Draw knives, classic french sauces and proteins, pair off with what you think goes together. Jen goes with Mike V-rabbit and a sauce I can't pronounce, let alone spell. Mike I goes with Brian V- trout and Bernaise. Right away, you know who the top teams are. Brian V wins for his elegant, simple and perfectly cooked trout. Ashley and Mattin are in the bottom-seems to be due to Mattin's inability to blend ashely's ideas into his french training. Other bottom team are Ash and Hector. Hector butchers the cooking and cutting of his Chateau, has to pack his knives and go.

As an aside at the house, it is Mattin's 29th Bday, there's cake smashing, pushing in pools and hot-tubbing.

Thoughts, I pity anyone who has to work with Robin, talk about ADD. The brothers, Jen and Kevin are phenomenal. I can't wait to see what they continue to do each week. Mike I is the only one with an obvious ego problem at this point, I'm sure the editors are having a heyday with his soundbites. After axing 4 women, they finally send one of the men packing. I'm really looking forward to every Wednesday now!

ETA a few names and events I missed the first time around.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou dabo 09-09-09 1
 RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou dajaki 09-10-09 2
 RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou jbug 09-10-09 3
   RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou RonReports 09-10-09 4
 RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou ginger 09-16-09 5
   RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou frodis 09-16-09 6
   RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou mtb002 09-17-09 7
       RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou ginger 09-21-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-09, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
TY! Haven't watched this ep as yet so I reserve comments, but I applaud your jumping in.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-10-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
What a fun episode. My mom used to make the most delicious snails - stuff them in the shell, jam in loads of very garlicky butter, bake and dump the whole mess on sliced baguette. So glad Kevin won the quickfire.

The French food pairings were really interesting. It was obvious who the top and bottom teams were going to be while they were cooking. I hope Jen wins the whole thing and that she's in the F4 w/ the bros and Kevin. Mike I's ego is greater than his talent. I was kind of hoping that Ashley would go home. She is negative about most everything.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
Great re-cap and kudos to you on your speeling .
All of it was Greek French to me!

Personally I'm ready for Ashley to go. She is a complainer; and I just don't think she has the skills that the others do.

I would like to have seen more of Jessee's cooking, BUT I'm glad I don't have to look at her lip ring anymore. Facial jewelry (except earrings) just make me cringe, I can't help it.

You nailed the top chefs; the brothers, Jenn, Kevin. and the attitude dude, Mike. No one else is really standing out at this time.

Agman 2009

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
This is one of my favorite shows. Their choice of who wins and who is cut each week make sense to me. Their first elimination challenge was very fair: they did not cut anyone for not preparing a good snail dish. They gave the bottom three a second chance to survive. The loser had a history of performing poorly week after week. I was happy to see her go. The weekly winners also received valuable experiences, such as a meal with some of the best chefs in the world.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-09, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
My ideal final four: The Brothers, The Guy Who Looks Like Yukon Cornelius From The Rudolph Special, and Jenn.

Can I be Padma in my next life? If I'm really, really good?

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-16-09, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
The Guy Who Looks Like Yukon Cornelius From The Rudolph Special

I <heart> you, ginger.

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
So THAT's why I like him so much. I'll never be able to watch him again with out desperately wanting to hear him say, "Bumbles bounce!"

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-09, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 4 Boulud Bayou"
I keep waiting for him to taste something and do that little tongue-smacky thing that Yukon did, to tell if gold is at the end of his pick.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •