The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef NY Ep 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-15-09, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef NY Ep 8"
Discuss.

I haven't yet seen this episode and intend to refrain reading about it until I do.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 kbrockm 01-15-09 1
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 fonddaflowers 01-16-09 2
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 BlueIris 01-16-09 3
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 cipher5150 01-16-09 4
       RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 BlueIris 01-16-09 5
           RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 cipher5150 01-16-09 7
           RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 dabo 01-17-09 8
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 ShellyMay 01-19-09 9
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 jbug 01-16-09 6
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 zazzy 01-19-09 11
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 Ahtumbreez 01-19-09 10
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8 jbug 01-21-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kbrockm 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-15-09, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kbrockm Click to send private message to kbrockm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
I've seen it, and I must say tensions are on the rise. It seemed each team of three had some conflict. The worst was on Team Chicken -- Jamie, Carla and Stefan. Stefan, I thought, went a tad too far when he called Jamie a douche bag because he didn't like her ideas. Dramatic much?

--The Reality TV Fan

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

fonddaflowers 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-16-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fonddaflowers Click to send private message to fonddaflowers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
The best cook of the lot was elimainated. What were they thinking?

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-16-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
No “Top Scallops” this week.

I liked the 15 minute quickfire. With Hung as the guest judge I thought we would see a fish tank. Canned food, not just for housewives anymore! (I used canned refried beans last night, the horror.)

Ariane butchered the lamb. She deserved to go home.

When Team Lamb saw the need for butchering, Hosea or Leah should have stepped up to help or take over. Ariane was clearly in over her head. Too bad Hosea vetoed her suggestion of grilling the lamb. Grilling with some fresh herbs would have been seasonal and probably tastier. After the initial judges questioning, I wish Team Lamb would have been called in alone just to watch Hosea and Leah sweat it out a bit. (Those two snuggling next week? Ick.)

What was with Radhika? She faded into the wood work this week.

The lamb was referred to as 'baby' lamb, how old is the lamb available at the supermarket?

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-09, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
According to Wiki, baby lamb is a milk-fed lamb between six and eight weeks old while "lamb" is generally less than one year old.

I didn't watch that closely but I'm curious if the lamb team was aware that Ariane didn’t know what she was doing when she started butchering the lamb. Usually they all just start offering to do certain jobs and I expect they just assume that if you volunteer to do something you know what you are doing. It certainly didn’t appear that she was “assigned” that task and if she was she should have spoken up about her lack of knowledge.

Either way, the judges were correct – if you can’t correctly butcher a leg of lamb you probably shouldn’t be there. (Which makes me hope that they are going to have a butchering segment like they did last season)

I liked Ariane but she seemed to be one of the middle tier chefs this season…

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-09, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
Thanks for the information on baby lamb.

I'm okay with Ariane leaving at this point, you are right about her being in the middle tier.

I don't know if Team Lamb knew Ariane was inexperienced at butchering but after an hour or so they might have taken their eyes off each other and asked how she was doing.

Hosea and Leah have left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-09, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
Yeah, I’m not crazy about a showmance either. I really like Hosea and am glad that he at least recognizes that it would be a bad idea to start something on the show. I hope he keeps his head in the game as I would like to see him make it to the finals.

Leah I can do without. I didn’t care for her confessional that she could have done a better job of tying the lamb but she chose not to put that much effort into it. It’s not like she was that busy – the lamb team had the simplest menu of the three IMO. How much time or effort can it take to make a tomato salad and roasted potatoes? I was surprised that the judges didn’t say something about this (or maybe they did and I missed it). It really was a team failure.

And I have to say I too was surprised that both the lamb and the pork teams deboned their meat. It’s certainly not a secret that cooking it on the bone makes it tastier. I wonder if they were just thinking about how best to present/serve it to 16 people.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-09, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
I have to agree, seemed to me they threw Ariane under the bus, let her do the lamb so it was her hiney hanging on the line.

Still, I loved the food/life must be respected angle of this episode, right on. And kudos to Jeffrey for those fried green tomatoes.

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-19-09, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
I really enjoyed the Quickfire too - was interesting to see what they came up with (especially the Spam which I overdosed on when I was late teens and living on my own - made me (almost) want to try it again )

I thought in an earlier episode Hosea said something about him & Leah just being buds because they are both with someone. If they are "committed", it's just bad form to inform your significant others on national TV that you want to see other people.

I'm not sure Arianne would have made it to the end, but I really don't think she deserved it this round. She's done consistently better than both Radhika and Leah at challenges. And why does Ken Doll (Jeff) always look like it's an imposition that he has to cook? We sure don't see him smile much.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-09, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
Stephan is too full of himself.
Too bad he won the quickfire - too bad Hosea gave him the spam.
One can be the best and greatest chef without having his kind of attitude.

Not ever having butchered lamb, I never would have volunteered. What's her name shouldn't have either. And what's with being a chef and not knowing how to tie up a roast?
Maybe she's a cook; not a chef.

Jeff's attitude bothered me at first but I still like him for some reason. Glad they loved his fried green tomatoes.
(and just in case he didn't realize it; those tomatoes on the ground were not going to go to waste; they'd probably be fed to the pigs - but I'm glad he knew how to cook them )

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-19-09, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
I sense Tom K having attitude about some of the chefs. Like Arienne. Clearly he had it in for her. She would have been in the way of one of the ones he wants to do, so this was a time to get rid of her.

Tom K does not seem to like Jeff, either.

I think he likes Stefan and Jamie while wishing for more from Fabio.

You can also tell that Leah and Radika are toast--it is just a matter of time. That leaves Carla and Hosea and I don't get much of a liking vibe from Tom K. with them. Like Carla does not have the personality he is looking for (not confident?) and Hosea does not seem to have a strong personality.

However, I am starting to question whether Fabio can make the top 3 and so Jeff or Hosea might be there instead.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
Bravo irritates me. Why do they only put online a few of the full episodes!

Agman took me to the islands

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-09, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 8"
I was just thinking about what fun this would be to see happen.
When they do one of these challenges with the chefs divided into 3 teams? They pick out the top team.
Then they talk to each of the other teams about what was wrong with their dishes.
Then? Let those 2 teams go back and cook the same foods over again and see what they can do!

See who can learn from their mistakes.

Will you be mine? Ok, get in line behind Agman.....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •