The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No Spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-07, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No Spoilers"
Today I start at the beginning and it is all recaps so far! HELP!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No... Earl Colby Pottinger 10-30-07 1
   RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No... lynkfri13 10-30-07 2
       RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No... Earl Colby Pottinger 10-30-07 4
 RE: Geek crushes on Nicole? lynkfri13 10-30-07 3
   RE: Geek crushes on Nicole? Earl Colby Pottinger 10-30-07 5
       RE: Geek crushes on Nicole? lynkfri13 10-30-07 6
 RE: Oct 30. - No Spoilers, No New... lynkfri13 10-30-07 7
   RE: Oct 30. - No Spoilers, No New... bullzeye 10-31-07 8
 RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No... Loree 10-31-07 9
   RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No... lynkfri13 10-31-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-30-07, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No Spoilers"
Yep, Sam can be an idiot alright.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-07, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No Spoilers"
>Yep, Sam can be an idiot
>alright.

Yes, he was acting a fool when he met Nicole.

And it's just going to get worse from here...

What bugs me about him isn't just that he's conceited, but that he is truly awful as a partner to Nicole. I haven't seen him give her any help at all.

In fact, aside from boinking Rebecca, I haven't seen him interact with anyone in a positive way.

I'm hoping the winner will be decided by a Jury again. Sam might be sorry in the end.

10-30-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No Spoilers"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-07 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-30-07 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-30-07 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Good point about the jury. Nicole is young, still in school. The money would help but she already has a future without it.

I must admit last season's highlight was having the self-centered beauty's partner lobby not to vote for them. The same can happen to Sam in this show for the same reasons.

Jasmine is being reviewed, and I am forced to hate her even more. The only person I had to work with who was this bad only lasted three weeks at the computer store. And I believe she only last that long because she was blond and stacked, thus getting extra help at first from some of the males in the company. But with a woman manager, sooner or later the paperwork had to be done, and done right. Guess what, she could not do it right.

PS. I know this is a mild spoiler, but Jasmine does not know the term lobbying?

And while geeks are not true social people, we do meet at the local computer/astro/SF/Manga/Anime clubs. Who does not know to cover their mouth when they yawn?

10-30-07, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Geek crushes on Nicole?"
Gosh darn it, all you geeks with a crush on Nicole, couldn't you give her a hint or something?

Are you expecting her to have ESP?

At this point, she might like a break from listening to "I am Sam". I certainly would.

10-30-07, 08:14 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Geek crushes on Nicole?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-07 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

They are geeks, they are still learning to say hello to girls! Hopefully they learn how to hint before the show ends.

10-30-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Geek crushes on Nicole?"
>
>They are geeks, they are still
>learning to say hello to
>girls! Hopefully they learn
>how to hint before the
>show ends.

I feel I've had extensive experience with geeks, as a girl who graduated from MIT. (I won't say how many years ago).

Even extreme geeks usually manage to give a sign they're interested.

It's unfortunate that they will probably get shot down more than once, but now is their time to realize "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

Years later, I look back and realize some of the most fun I had was with "geeks" coming out of their shell. Of the male "beauties" I dated, I can barely remember their names - much less anything they ever said.

10-30-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Oct 30. - No Spoilers, No News"
What a disappointing hour of tv. I HATE it when these reality shows create a "filler" episode full of recraps.

Really, what's the point?

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-31-07, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Oct 30. - No Spoilers, No News"
I wonder if they planned this episode with consideration to the baseball playoffs. They couldn't have known that they series would be over by now.

I agree though - you really don't see anything we haven't seen before.

Another Arkie Masterpiece! Is that woman talented or what?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No Spoilers"
I usually don't like the recrap stuff. But I did enjoy this episode. We saw more sides to the Geeks and the Beauties. We found out more about Nicole. She always seems to be overshadowed in the regular shows by Sam. And even with him we found out Rebecca was not his first choice. But Amanda(?) was booted before he could land her.

Alot of this show is more about the interactions than who is booted. So to find out more about them was interesting. Now on with the second half of the season.

10-31-07, 09:17 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Oct 30. East Coast Thread - No Spoilers"
It was interesting to find out about Sam's hope to hook up with Amanda,

Wonder what Rebecca will think when she sees this show air?

However, this was practically the only news in an hour of recaps and repetition.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •