The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beauty & the Geek 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-06, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beauty & the Geek 2"
Here comes the second edition!

Grab your hankies ladies, it's time for some vapid jawbreakers to "fall in love (in a brotherly-type way)" with some buck-tooth robotics engineers.
And for the 18-34 male contingent; the girls were fun to look at. Lots-O-Blurred OObies.

Personally, I can't wait!

The first edition grabbed my attention with the Chuck VS. Richard "to-the-death" match of "Short-bus wits" vs. "Been-to-Comicon-twice Adult-itude".
Boy, could Chuck pull some majorly ninja-type moves on Richard ... with his eyes.
Chuck woulda ... opened a can of W.H.OOOOOPAsssss(....errr... I sssee you ... standing there ... Richard ... looking at me ... making me feel uncomfortable ... because you act like such a child .... don't make me come over there and flog you with my tongue again.) on him.

As far as I know, the new cast hasn't been officially released yet, but you can watch a video if you go here ... just click on the big picture.

Can't wait to see the CarrotTop-type guy make all the Newport-Snobbies beg to be his partner.

I'm so excited ... I wanna host a new game. Whaddaya think?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Cyndimaus 01-04-06 1
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 brvnkrz 01-04-06 2
   RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 01-05-06 4
       RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 brvnkrz 01-07-06 7
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 volsfan 01-05-06 3
   RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 01-07-06 5
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Loree 01-07-06 6
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Puffy 01-08-06 8
   RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 01-11-06 9
       RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Elaine0 01-12-06 11
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Puffy 01-12-06 10
   RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 ARnutz 01-12-06 12
       RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 01-12-06 13
           RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 ARnutz 01-12-06 14
 Episode 1 tribephyl 01-13-06 15
   RE: Episode 1 nazpink 01-13-06 16
   RE: Episode 1 ARnutz 01-13-06 17
   RE: Episode 1 Estee 01-13-06 18
       RE: Episode 1 nazpink 01-13-06 19
 Fame is fleeting. Estee 01-16-06 20
   Not at all mysticwolf 01-25-06 24
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Elaine0 01-18-06 21
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Loree 01-19-06 22
   RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 01-20-06 23
       RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Deekeryu 01-26-06 25
           RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 01-27-06 26
               RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 01-27-06 27
 Episode 2 CattyChat 01-28-06 28
   Episode 3 nazpink 02-03-06 29
       RE: Episode 3 CattyChat 02-03-06 30
       RE: Episode 3 Cyndimaus 02-03-06 31
           RE: Episode 3 ARnutz 02-03-06 32
               RE: Episode 3 Loree 02-04-06 33
 Episode 5 ARnutz 02-10-06 34
   RE: Episode 5 nazpink 02-11-06 35
   RE: Episode 5 Cyndimaus 02-13-06 36
       RE: Episode 5 nazpink 02-15-06 37
           RE: Episode 5 Hoobie 02-15-06 38
       RE: Episode 5 CBailey 02-16-06 39
           2/16 nazpink 02-17-06 40
               RE: 2/16 Cyndimaus 02-17-06 41
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Loree 02-21-06 42
 RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Loree 03-03-06 43
   RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 nazpink 03-03-06 44
       RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 CBailey 03-03-06 45
       RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 ARnutz 03-03-06 46
           RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 Loree 03-03-06 47
               RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 FlyinBrian 03-08-06 48
                   RE: Beauty & the Geek 2 thndrkttn 03-09-06 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-04-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
Looking forward to it also. I enjoyed the first edition a lot more than I thought I would, so I can't wait to see the second round. I'll be ready with my popcorn and Coke!

Sigs by Cyg

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-06, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I want to watch but not if I have to endure anymore Richard. He bugs the hell out of me.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-05-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I really liked the first season and was surprised at how the guys actaully looked. I guess based on personality they were "geeks" but they didn't all look like it. Richard drove me nuts last year, he didn't learn anything from the experience, he acted up just to get the attention other than behaving himself, but like his brother said that was a toned down version of him, so maybe Chuck was right the guy is riddled with ADHD. I also noticed in the previews for the show, it seemed like some of the cast from season one had something to do with the try-outs for this year's cast. Did anyone notice the one where a girl was asked where roastbeef came from and she said Arby's!!!!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
And don't forget the girl with an IQ of 500. *snort*

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
*rubs hands together*

I.CAN'T.WAIT!

01-07-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I've been watching the repeats for season one and the thing that I recalled was my thinking, these guys aren't all that geeky with the exception of Richard who I think accurately represented the geeky side better than the others. The other guys just seemed to be smart men who were shy and quiet and lacked a bit of confidence.

The previews that I have seen for this season seem to grasp the geek perception of people a bit more accurately.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
A season 2? Well I will watch. I did enjoy the first one.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"

Great news. I loved season 1. When will season 2 start?

Snowed in by Tribephyl

01-11-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I just checked out the site and read the bios, if these woman turn out to be airheads I would like to know how some of them are doing the jobs and classes that they are doing. One is a kindergarten teacher, if she turns out to be an idiot I wouldn't be surprised if people pulled their children out of her class.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-12-06, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
Maybe she's a teacher in Florida with the Weaver mom. She proved you don't have to have a brain to teach.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"

Season 2 starts Thursday Jan. 12. The auditions were broadcast tonight, Jan. 11. Repeats are Wednesday nights.

Snowed in by Tribephyl

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I watched the casting special last night and I'm looking forward to this new season. Those geeks are definitely geekier. I'm not sure I would say the beauties are more beautiful. *shrug*

One thing that gets me, if you follow tribe's link above and look at their bios, five of those eight girls are either attending college or have graduated college. As a college professor, I can't believe they could be that dumb! *boggle*

...but I will not necessarily judge them until I see the show!

01-12-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I was thinking the same thing ARnutz. When I went to the website a few days ago and read the bios, I was astonished to see that a good majority of these girls have attended college or graduated, one was going for or already had a degree in a math subject. I was also astonished that one was listed as a kindergarten teacher, I know it's not one of the harder grades to teach but I can't imagine someone who is dense would be a teacher at all. It does make me wonder how much of the stupidity of the girls is put on. As for the guys.....well I'm not doubting their geekness. I definately do think that this season's batch of geeks are far more geeky than last season's. In fact it was hard for me to see last season's guys as complete geeks opposed to guys with a lack of confidence and plenty of shyness. I will definately be tuning in to tonight's episode, it definately does have my intrigue. I have a feeling that I'm really going to like the guy who can do the rubics cube in a short amount of time and the guy with anxiety attacks. One thing that my boyfriend mentioned last night was how he would like it better if everyone got to stay and just had a point system to determine the winner, that way we could see changes in all the people there, since that's what the show is supposed to be about. I personally don't think it's a bad idea, but I guess it would take away from the drama of who's going and who is putting them in the spot to go.

01-12-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
Good morning!

That's so true about teachers. Even kindergarten teachers need to have a certain amount of common sense, right?

That point system would be a cool idea! I mean, the whole point of the "experiment" is to see who can make changes and how much, right? If your team is eliminated the first week, how much have you really changed?

Anyway, I did enjoy last season very much and I am looking forward to this one now too.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Episode 1 "
Fun start to the game.
I really like these folks.

I definitely see Brads, evil side, will become a feature of this season. "I put the bad in badmitton" and "I put the stud in study" T-Shirts added with the college-lined-paper cards for special occasions, like break-ups, was more than a normal viewer could handle. More like "I put the slime in slimey"
What was with his PowerHungry "third degree" directed towards the remaining cast members?
I do think he might be a Final4 couple, because of it. Ooops, but that's just the spoiler in me talking.

Anyway, the show was fun.
As far as the Twist? I'm glad they did it. And I think it will probably work into Brad's evil plan.
Sorry Amanda, you're a bitch-by-proxy. (...huh? ... ummm ... yes. That means a really big menu.) But you ain't got yer smarts aboutcha. Early goner.

Fun characters were definitely "Carrot Allen" or should that be "WoodyTop", Ankur (pronounced Encore) and Thais (pronounced Tie).

Josh, is adorably nebbish and alarming close to OCD.
Dangerous mix, IMO, but he surely needs this show as much as Michael Skupin needs another chance at Survivor.
Needless to say ... this guy, neeeeeeeeeds this show.
He'll have the most to learn.
However, sleeping in closets while pretty girls are in the next room ... is so ... hmmmm ... (I hate to say this, but since I come from the know, I feel like I can.) ... Gay.
The man-purse isn't helping.
Thais may be my favorite character from this season.
Much like Lauren was last season.

I can't wait to see how the "relationships" will bloom.
Even though this is descirbed as a "Social Experiment" it always produces a cross-level crush.

Ohhh... I'm just so excited.
Good first show.

01-13-06, 08:04 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 1 "
I love this show. Last night I laughed so hard at different comments made or actions done. I'm even going to go out on a limb here and say that this season may turn out to be better than last. They definately have pimped up the house a bit more, which is cool, I guess they figured they could afford to. My favorite characters are probably going to be Josh and Tyson. They are so adorable. Tyson is so into making a change and Josh is just so damn quirky. I love it. I also like Ankur, although I don't know how much he will get from this experience. He seems to enjoy who he is and doesn't want to change the way he looks just to please others, which I admire. I actually thought it was pretty witty for these girls to actually say that Josh was like a mix of Carrot Top and Woody Allen. I don't know if he's gay. My boyfriend has anxiety and his is set off from being in new places or being around too many people at once especially if he doesn't know alot of them. I think that going in the closet was Josh's way of calming and maintaining his anxiety, usually people with this disorder need a quiet place alone to get things under control. I honestly didn't think that Brad was going to be the evil geek, it kind of sucks that he is but in a way it is entertaining. It will be interesting to see how he deals in the house, he does seem to already have quite a bit of confidence unless it's a front.

01-13-06, 08:56 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-06 AT 08:56 AM (EST)

Agreed! This was a good show! I also think this could top the first one. Of the guys, I like Ankur and Tyson. Chris (the one you called Brad) with the power trip is an azz! ...and what was up with him saying psychology is an easy major, making it sound like he was talking down to them? According to his bio, his degree is in psychology and history. I wonder if the others know that?

For the gals I like Tristin and Jennipher (dood! could that really be the way it's spelled? with the "ph"? Like phat instead of fat?). Anyway, the gal that is already driving me bonkers is Brittany! I have no patience for bubbleheads. Amanda is an uber-beeyotch!

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 1 "
I kept waiting for them to change Karl's tag from 'Dungeon Master' to 'Beavis'.

Bad job by the WB on their season preview, as usual -- you could just about see the first six weeks of the show, eliminations and all. Who goes first? Take a wild guess. Who goes second? Just put the scenes in order, peeps: it's all in there somewhere. Which couples are getting switched? Gee, that's a hard one. You might have to freeze-frame for that.

01-13-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 1 "
Ooppps...sorry bout the name mixup, I will get better as the season goes on. I think I got the biggest kick out of Karl. I couldn't help but laugh when he told the ladies to pick him if they want to win....or something. Then the whole talk about how he wished him and his partner had a room with one bed so he could "sleep" with her. Most of these guys are pretty likable and will probably have girls everywhere saying ohhhhh he's adorable, with the exception of the Chris guy. Like I said in my first post, he seems too confident with himself to really fall in the catagory. I know he's technically a geek but his ego doesn't seem to care or follow the stereotypical discription. He was so worried about putting a target on himself yet he didn't seem to care when he discredited people and their intelligence. As for Josh, I was thinking last night that I really did like his look. I love his big hair and his tinted glasses. He almost looks like an intellectual hippy. I don't know if I want to see him change his appearances.

I just hope that these guys will realize that they do have a lot to offer and I hope they don't change their appearances just to conform to what society thinks they should look like. If they change their looks and choose to keep the look because they truly are happy with it then that is fine.

I'm also kind of rooting for Tristan, for the ladies, because I too am from and still live in Maine. I just hope she doesn't turn out to be b!tchy and if she does.....well we aren't all like that. Just don't care to have another Scarlet in the house so if there is hook-ups I hope they are sincere, because I didn't get that feeling with Scarlet, she was also pretty mean to her partner.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-06, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Fame is fleeting."
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/rubik-cube-record-set-at-1113-seconds-1006808.php

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Not at all"
The record in the story is for solving it the normal way. The dude on the show holds the blindfolded solve record.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-18-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
Beauty & the Geek spinoff coming. Dumb, good looking guys and smart, average looking women. Sounds good to me. Maybe Bobby Jon will be on there. He fits the qualifications.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/beauty_and_the_geek/2006_Jan_17_reversed_formula

01-19-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
The part that irritates me about so many reality shows is the constant replaying of the same thing over and over. We saw that poor guy peek through the curtain at the girls over and over again on the first 2 shows. And they have to keep showing us previews of what is going to happen so many times that by the time we see it we don't care. Then they come back from commercial and show us repeatedly what we have just seen. Between the commercials, recaps and previews we get so little new show. Why do they do that?

01-20-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I agree Loree, it is very annoying. I guess it's a nice recap to have when one misses the last episode but it does get annoying, especially when they do it after almost every commercial break, enough already that's what I say. It does take away from the time that they could use to show new things. Then again the guys and girls are probably still in that akward stage of trying to get to know each other but not doing the best job of it yet, maybe after a couple more shows we will start to see more of what's happening inside the house other than competitions.

As for last night's episode, it was good, but I'm waiting for it to get better. I felt so much for the guys having to get up in front of a bunch of strangers and do something that was very much out of their element. It took until my junior year of high school to finally put the foot down with myself and stop acting like a nervous wreck everytime I did a presentation, I couldn't imagine having to prepare myself for kareokee. I was proud of the guys for overcoming their fears and getting up their to sing, it's a hard thing to do especially when you can't carry a tune. Honestly, I couldn't laugh at the guys even though there were some funny moments, I just would have felt like a terrible person.

As for the female competition, well I couldn't help but kind of laugh, I guess that was a bit double standard of me. I just couldn't believe that they had such a hard time coming up with half way intelligent things to say on some of the issues. Like hello girls pollution!!!???? Is it really that hard to come up with something? I didn't know a person had to be highly intelligent to say well we could all recycle or carpool. That would have been a good enough of an answear. It sounded to me that the girls somewhat listened to what their partner told them but didn't develope any opinions on the subject matters themselves therefore they were in too much of a position to try to remember the opinion of someone else.

It was kind of sad to see Brandon go, he wasn't my favorite but it did seem like he could have benefited more from the stay. I guess Chris could benefit as well, but his self-esteem isn't really that of a geeky guy but more of an arrogant guy. If he took the experience for more than just gaining money and t.v. time he will come out being less snobby and thinking he's better, but I don't know if he will. He did apologize for his being rude to the others but it was unbelievable that he wasn't even aware that he was offensive with his questions and comments and honestly the others had already marked him off their list. Tristan seemed to be shocked that her group was chosen to go up for elimination but it was like it's not you Tristan it's Chris, he's both knowledgable in intelligant issues as well as pop culture plus he's been a jerk.

I still like Ty and Josh and I'm hopping they stay around for quite some time. Josh really really needs this experience and Ty is so open about it all he deserves to stay.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
Thais must be related to Jenna Morasca or something. They look so alike.

01-27-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I was thinking the same thing when I first saw Thais. It was a bit disappointing to see Tyson and Thais go last night. Out of all the partners they really seemed to one of the few who really clicked and got along with no problem. In fact I could actually see the two as a couple. And did anyone else notice when Tyson hugged Thais his hand seemed to be almost cupping her breast, I'm sure that Tyson did not mean to but it was kind of slick looking....lol. In all they were probably the two that had really grown from the experience, more than others, in such a short amount of time, so I think they will be very capable of using what they have learned on in their every day lives.

The second couple that I have noticed that seems to click like Tyson and Thais would have to be Brittney and Joe. They really listen to each other, help each other, and work well. I think that they could go a long ways in this game if they keep up the momentum. I thought Joe's room was fabulous. He clearly listened alot to Brittney and she clearly gave him the info that he needed to suceed.

Karl's room and Ancur's room was my second faves. They really knew what they were doing and thought about what a young woman would like.

As far as Josh's room, well it was too kiddish, which I think he would have done better had he geared a room more towards the age of the woman in the competition. The kid's room wasn't horrible but it also didn't seem to be put together the way it could have been, almost like he just put things in a place without really thinking it through and the stapled teddy bear on the wall, not a good ideal. However, I am also really seeing why Josh is feeling the way he does about his partner. I can understand Cher's point of view on wanting Josh to take her advice and do more than just one thing, but how she goes about speaking to him is a bit b!tchy, it's like she was talking down to him. I hope that Josh speaks up and tells her that she needs to talk to him as an equal and I hope she takes what he says into consideration. If they don't pull together soon they will be out and they will have no one to blame but themselves for not working well as a team.

I thought Chris' room was ok, kind of blah when it was shown up close. The things that took points off on his room was the fact that he didn't seem to be able to distinguish something that belongs in the kitchen opposed to something that goes in the bedroom. I like Tristan but I think she needs to pull it together and not get too emotional every time she is choosen for elimination, it will just get on people's nerves. I can understand that she is frustrated to go back in yet a second time in a row and I can understand that she didn't appreciate Cher's remarks the first time, but outburst tend to hurt someone.

I can't wait till next week's show to see the guys after their makeovers. I wonder is Chris and Tristan will go back in, doesn't seem to be the smartest idea since Chris is very up to speed as far as intellectual matters are concerned and even pop culture and Tristan seems to know more than the other woman in the house.

01-27-06, 08:02 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
Forgot to mention Wes' room, lets just say icky color, table with candles seemed so thrown together and the "statement" a bit too much.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Episode 2"
I finally got around to watching the second episode and I'm bummed, because my favorite couple were sent packing.

It's really a shame, because I think Tyson had a lot of promise if he would have lasted longer. I would have liked to see him get more comfortable interacting with people. He could barely hug people & just looked so awkward. In the end when he's hugging (if you'd call it that) Thais & his left hand seemed to be on her breast. It looked to me as though he just didn't know where to put his hands to how to HUG a person -- just really awkward. It looked like his hand was more hovering than actually touching.

It's also shame Thais didn't study better. I think Tyson would have answered his 3rd question right & if only Thais could have done better, they may have won. I have a feeling Tyson has something close to photographic memory.

And was it just me or did the host roll his eyes in annoyance after he announced that the boys would be going on an overnight field trip and the girls were squealing like idiots? I swear I saw the host roll his eyes in disgust/annoyance. I thought it was funny.

Can't wait for the makeovers next week & more of Chris being an absolute jerk. I suspect Chris will make it to the end, like super annoying Richard one from last season.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

02-03-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
29. "Episode 3"
You know last night I thought to myself Chris and Cher would be such great partners. Cher's a b!tch and Chris is a pompass a$$. I honestly feel that Chris acts the way he does to mask his own insecurities and focuses the attention on others shortcomings to distract others from his own. I'm thinking that Cher is probably the same way, insecure. I also have the feeling that if this game did not give a prize of money away it wouldn't have changed the attitude either one of these two have. I don't blame them for wanting the money, after all a decent sum of money is always nice to win especially if you need it, but their behavior is both annoying and ridiculous. I just hope that Chris has learned from this experience and will reflect on how he acts and why. I do think that he felt bad for hurting Tristan's feelings and just shutdown because he wasn't confident in himself to say the right thing, but I'm glad he found a way. As for Cher, I hope she understands that there's other things to win from this experience, after all she may as well as take it for what it is she may not win the money in the end and it would be easier to walk out with something, even if it's a change in her heart.

Now for the makeovers because that was what I was excited to see last night. I thought that the top three guys were Wes (duh), Joe and Karl. Wes looked very studly and not at all fitting the stereotype of what a geek looks like. Joe looked brighter in the face and more confident looking and he also reminded me a bit of Jason Biggs (not too much but a little). Karl looked young and cute and he did have that indie rock look going on. I thought Ankur also looked really good and from his stripping performance shown on the preview I think he has a lot more confidence. Chris looked about the same just a little less hairless. Josh looked good but he is still so awkward that the makeover didn't do as much for him as it did for all the other guys, he really has a long way to go as far as mingling and not getting overwhelmed in social situations. Overall I'm just glad we didn't get stuck with another Richard makeover, which means all the guys looked different then what they did before and not just because they changed their clothers.

I really can't wait for next week's show, I think it will be interesting. My only problem is that Cher and Wes are going to hook up. I just see Cher as another Scarlett, do what it takes to get by using what she knows the best her looks. Please Wes, if you don't want to develope feelings just to have them hurt because she used you stay away.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 3"
We really think alike, Naz. I agree with all that you said.

Wes, holy smokes, I would barely recognize that he was the same person.

I do hope Josh gets a little less nervous by the end of the show & that Cher gets "less competitive" and realizes the true focus of the show. Josh really needs the most help of all the "geeks," so hopefully he'll be there for the duration only for that reason. Thank heavens he's not annoying like Richard was.

Overall the guys looked much better after their makeovers & it was nice to see them get more confident. On a whole, the guys this season seem to be getting a lot more out of it than the girls. I think last season the girls got much, much more out of it, because the whole premise was new & they didn't know what they were getting into and it REALLY WAS an eye opener & learning experience. These girls knew what it was going in and I just get the feeling that most of them are there for the money & not really getting the awakening they should and they'll go back to their life of ignoring regular and geeky guys like these.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

02-03-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 3"
Okay, how are you getting into my mind? You are saying what I'm thinking, both here and on the Survivor board!

I was really, really wishing they could somehow send home Chris and Cher cause I don't like them but I did like Josh and Tristan. I think it's the attitudes that Chris and Cher have. I really didn't like how Cher kept saying to Josh,"It's all on you." I kept waiting for her to blow it on her questions.

I thought the guys all looked pretty good after their makeovers. It was good to see that there were some changes instead of just a slight trim of the hair and different clothes. Man, Wes sure looked good!

Can't wait for next week!

Sigs by Cyg
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

02-03-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode 3"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Agree with all of you! I'm so glad Chris is gone, but feel so badly for Tristan! She was one of my favorites. Cher is a b!tch, but Josh is cute in that quirky way.

It's just too darn bad that Chris & Amanda had the power to switch up those teams a couple of weeks ago. Poor Tristan & Brandon got the shaft out of that one!

The change in Wes after his makeover was amazing!

02-04-06, 09:14 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Episode 3"
I am just glad that Chris is gone. He was getting more annoying as the episodes went on.

02-10-06, 06:40 PM (EST)
34. "Episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-06 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

OK! I'm beginning to see why people dislike Cher soooo much! The poker game? I was so glad when Brittany beat her! HA! ...and it creeped me out that Wes & her were "together" ~ whatever that means. *rolls eyes*

Josh did great at the party thing (and so did Ankur!), but unfortunately, a Josh win = a Cher save! Ugh!

At this point, I am liking Jennipher & Ankur the most as a team.

ETA: I don't know if this was episode 5. I thought it was episode 4, but the site says 5. *shrug*

02-11-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Episode 5"
It really didn't bother me that Cher bluffed at poker, after all that is part of the game, what bothers me about her is the fact that none of this seems to be seen as an experience by her. I know that with money as a prize it's hard to not expect these people to want to win it by what is wrong with saying I want the money but along the way I want to learn something?

As far as the Wes and Cher thing goes, I'm sure it won't last, especially after the show is done and said for. Maybe Wes is just using her to try out his newfound confidence...lol. I just hope he doesn't get pulled in by it all and "save" her. I really really just didn't want another Scarlet on this show but looks like we may have one.

I thought that Ankur and Josh did so well, I just wish Josh would do things for himself other than trying to please his partner, Cher, so that he can gain her approval. I really felt bad for Karl not getting a single person. I was also sad to see Karl go but I was torn because I didn't want Ankur to go either. I thought what Danielle said was so true and showed that she learned from this experience, "there shouldn't be a word geek, we are all people who serve a purpose", I know those aren't her exact words but it's pretty much the meaning of what she said.

So far my favorite couple is Brittney and Joe. I didn't think they would be but they are. They both work so well together and teach each other a lot.

Can't wait for next week's show.

02-13-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Episode 5"
I was glad Brittany beat Cher at Poker. I was happy for Josh that he won his challenge but I really wish Cher wasn't his partner cause I want him to stay and her to go. What a boost to his self-confidence, though. Cher had nothing to do with his win at all and he was so proud of himself. And he even had the guts to ask one of the girls at his party for her number. Good for him. He seems to be growing from this experience.

As for the Wes and Cher thing....I hope he realizes what kind of a person she really is and that he can do much better than her. It seems the other girls are getting more out of the experience than Cher is. (did she even come with the intention to learn anything and grow as a person...the others did)

Sigs by Cyg

02-15-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 5"
Apparently, Cher and Wes are supposodly still together. Whether these reports are true or not I don't know. There's been a few post on the Beauty and the Geek 2 message boards concerning this. I guess there's an article in some paper reporting on the two of them trying to start up a charity, but I don't recall which paper. If her intentions with Wes are true intentions then so be it, I would just hate to see him get used up like Scarlet did with Chuck(I don't care what Scarlet says she did use that guy).

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-15-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Episode 5"
Wow. I am really surprised to hear this.

Wes could do WAY better than Cher(yl).

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-16-06, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Episode 5"
Out of all of the couples left I really like Brittany and Joe. and Sarah and Wes.

I feel bad for Wes. I don't think Cher likes him at all I think she wants to try and make the odds less that she goes to the elimination room. I feel like Cher is using Wes.

Cher is smarter than she let on in the auditions. She seems to know a ton compaired to the other girls. I definately think she is just there for the money and not to gain a better knowledge.

If things keep going the way they are I suspect the final 2 couples will be Jennifer and Ankur and Josh and Cher. and out of these two couples Josh and Cher will win.

THIS IS JUST A PREDICTION

02-17-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
40. "2/16"
I really wouldn't doubt it if Cher and Josh won. Cher is smarter than she allowed others to think and Josh has been in elimination twice? now so the intensity has lessened for him. They are both smart and capable at the challenges and that doesn't hurt either.

As I have expressed before, I am not a Cher fan. It may be unfair of me to make judgements based on a reality show as we all know the producers have a bit too much fun with editing. However, I do think that Cher went there for just the money, after all many of the girls have expressed in their confessionals that Cher is there for the wrong reasons. With that said I really do think that Cher finally got something out of this experience last night when she had to dress down and go into a bar to get men to buy her a drink. She did seem to finally get what it is like for these guys all the time. Hopefully, this will give her a change of heart about how she is playing this game. Want the money, that's fine, after all it's up for grabs, but also learn something from this experience because that's the most important thing anyone will get out of this.

I still love Josh. He really is a great guy and I am truly happy to see him blossom with each episode.

As far as who is my favorite pair, it's still Brittney and Joe. It is so obvious on how well these two work together and learn from one another. I can also see these two as being friends away from this competition. Honestly, I think these two are the couple to beat. They have won quite a bit and it's not luck it's because they work so well.

Ankur and Jennipher I also like. I really don't have anything bad to say about these two.

As far as Wes' and Cher's fling, I don't know if it will last. I have heard rumors and such that they are dating, but who's to really know? I don't know exactly how serious they are for each other. I thought it funny that Wes had pretty much said that being with Cher was good practice for when he went home, so maybe there will be no hurt feelings or using.

02-17-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
41. "RE: 2/16"
I was glad to see Cher finally "get something" out of her experience too. What has made me dislike her so much is her "I'm better than everyone" attitude. It was good that she realized there is more to life than looks. (I know she is smart but I think she's relied on her looks way too much, as have the other ladies)

Guess what I like about this show is that the girls and guys both come to realize how much alike they really are and the girls realize there is so much more to life than looks - theirs or guys.

Sigs by Cyg

02-21-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I don't care for Cher either. And I think it is because she does not seem like she should have been cast on the show. I thought the idea was that they were suppose to be attractive women that didn't use their brains, but used their bodies to get what they want. Meanwhile I think Cher used her brain to pretend to be dumb and get on the show. So she has that unfair advantage on the other females. She could give alot of the geeks a run for their money in the brains department. So why is she on the show?

I like Josh so I wish they could have one person win without their partner winning. But that doesn't work on this show. So I hope Brittany and Joe win. I liked Sarah and Wes. But they are gone. Sorry Josh... but I don't want you winning if it means Cher wins.

I wonder if it might be good news if we hear Cher and Wes are still together. Maybe Cher didn't win so she is sticking with Wes for publicity and hopes to make some money off it. If she had won she wouldn't need Wes.

03-03-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
Am I the only one still watching this show? I did miss the first half of the show lastnight. But I did see which couple failed the test and was sent home. Now they are down to 2 couples.

03-03-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I'm watching, I'm watching!!!!!! Last night was a good show. It was sad to see Ankur and Jennipher go but geez if I was Ankur I would be highly disappointed. It really seemed to me that Jennipher gave up on the challenge because she didn't understand it right away and then to make matters worse she screwed around by randomly giving directions to the driver, getting further lost in the mess. She should have spent more time studying.

Cher did pretty awesome at the challenge. She's definately one of the smarter beauties, in fact I think she faked stupidity a lot in her try out interviews. Josh also did great he seemed to know pretty well what Cher wanted. I was also glad that Josh used a little bit of tactic to get Cher to study with him. I was also happy to see that Cher has learned why this experience was important for her and has opened her eyes to her faults so that she can improve.

Brittney also did well on the challenge. She is much smarter than the show gives her credit for. I think her voice and deer in the headlights look gives her the dingy image. I expected her and Joe to do well during this challenge and they did. I was also pretty confident that they made it through the questions and didn't get sent home.

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I am still watching the show too. I thought last nights episode was great. I was so glad that Brittany and Joe won in the elimination room. I thought for sure that Jennifer and Ankur would win.

I thought that Jennifer was a disappointment in the challange not only did they do just horrible but she wasted precious time they could have used to study so as maybee not set themselves up to go home.

The video tapes that they did was awesome I would have been really embaressed though to have everyone watch what I said to my partner, but I did think it was a good idea to do the tapes.

Next week I do think that Cher and Josh will pull off the win, but I still hope they don't. I have been rooting for Brittany and Joe the whole time.

03-03-06, 06:24 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 06:26 PM (EST)

*raises hand* I'm watching too, Loree!

For some reason my local WB did not broadcast last week's episode on Thursday, so this week I had to catch up by watching that one Wednesday and then this most recent one last night.

naz? I totally agree with your assessment of Cher! ...and of Jennipher!

Next week is the finale and I am rooting for Brittney & Joe because I think, as a pair, they did the best with the whole "experiment". They were obviously the strongest team, never having gone into elimination and also learning a lot from their challenges.

I love Josh, but I'm still not convinced Cher didn't just say all that stuff because a camera was rolling. Her "confession" of what she learned, etc. had her with seemingly shifty eyes, not necessarily directing her comments toward the camera. Perhaps I just have a chip on my shoulder over her, but she didn't really, truly seem sincere to me.

Anyway, just my opinion!

03-03-06, 10:42 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
I agree about Cher. I didn't really believe her. I think she acted dumber to get on the show. Now she is acting the way she thinks her audience wants her to and pretending to have learned from her experience.

I like Josh. But Cher is keeping me from hoping they win. I would be happier with Brittany and Joe winning.

FlyinBrian 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-06, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlyinBrian Click to send private message to FlyinBrian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
In this weeks elimination, didn't they ask Brittany what the northwestern most state is? She said Washington, but it's Alaska!

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Beauty & the Geek 2"
They asked Brittany the most northwestern state in the continental U.S.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •