The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-15-05, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
This show just keeps getting better. Let's talk about it here.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 foonermints 06-15-05 1
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ConsiderThis 06-16-05 2
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 volsfan 06-16-05 3
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Estee 06-16-05 4
       RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 volsfan 06-16-05 5
           RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ARnutz 06-16-05 11
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Ellehcar71 06-16-05 6
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ConsiderThis 06-16-05 7
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Hoobie 06-16-05 10
       RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ARnutz 06-16-05 12
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Tahj 06-16-05 8
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 RealityMom 06-16-05 9
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ARnutz 06-16-05 13
       RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 RealityMom 06-16-05 14
           RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ARnutz 06-17-05 15
               RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 RealityMom 06-17-05 18
 Trivia Game weltek 06-17-05 16
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Cyndimaus 06-17-05 17
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 okaychatt 06-17-05 19
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Surveysez 06-19-05 20
 Richard must stay Oscirus 06-20-05 21
   RE: Richard must stay okaychatt 06-20-05 22
   RE: Richard must stay volsfan 06-20-05 23
   RE: Richard must stay sbeck 06-22-05 24
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 ladro 06-22-05 25
   It was episode 4 ARnutz 06-23-05 26
       RE: It was episode 4 thndrkttn 06-23-05 27
           RE: It was episode 4 ARnutz 06-23-05 35
       RE: It was episode 4 volsfan 06-23-05 28
           RE: It was episode 4 PhoenixMons 06-23-05 29
               RE: It was episode 4 volsfan 06-23-05 30
               RE: It was episode 4 ARnutz 06-23-05 34
                   RE: It was episode 4 motormouth 06-23-05 36
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 RealityMom 06-23-05 31
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 RealityMom 06-23-05 32
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Tahj 06-23-05 33
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 Oscirus 06-23-05 39
 RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 GumbyGirl 06-23-05 37
   RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3 RealityMom 06-23-05 38
       RE: Richard DonnaLynn 06-24-05 40
           RE: Richard RealityMom 06-24-05 41
               RE: Richard CattyChat 06-25-05 42
                   RE: Richard Tahj 06-27-05 43
           RE: Richard tbonex 06-30-05 44
               RE: Richard Oscirus 06-30-05 45
                   RE: Richard ladro 07-04-05 46
                       RE: Richard Oscirus 07-05-05 48
               RE: Richard Ellehcar71 07-04-05 47
                   RE: Richard cambo 07-05-05 49
                       RE: Richard tamarama 07-05-05 50
                           RE: Richard volsfan 07-05-05 51

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I'll watch to keep you company.

Handcrafted by RollDice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ConsiderThis 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-16-05, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ConsiderThis Click to send private message to ConsiderThis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I loved it.
But was unclear why the girl who loved everything, and looked great in each outfit, didn't win???

I should have come in here and posted immediately, because by now, it's all faded. But when I watched it, it was sooo good I stopped playing Bounce OUt.

www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
Your fingernails reflect your health --
Learn what warning signs to look for --
Karen Kline

06-16-05, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I think this show gets keep getting better. I enjoyed it but Richard is getting on my nerves.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-05, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I'm mildly dreading the results of his makeover next week. I keep thinking Mindi's going to go 'urban cowboy' and turn those wide-hipped pants into full-fledged chaps.

06-16-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
My eyes! My eyes!

I don't which is worse. Those wide-hipped pants are really making me want to hurl a brick through the TV.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-05, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
OMG yes!!! I was sooooo hoping Richard would be the one to go last night! I thought because they showed him & Mindi so much that they were goners!

What do you think he carries in his pockets to make them stick out so much? I'm banking on a graphing calculator and maybe a palm pilot!

I'm *crossing my fingers* that he goes next week!

A J Slice original ©2004

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
What was the deal with the lip on the guy that got eliminated? I have a really hard time remembering the names of these guys - I should take notes.

I was kind of sorry to see him go and Richard stay. But it would be nice to see Richard actually learn something. I don't think he'll learn it from Mindy, though. She's pretty rude. And not much of a "beauty" IMO.

ConsiderThis 146 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ConsiderThis Click to send private message to ConsiderThis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Hi Ellecar,
You think Mindi is rude?
Wow, I missed that.

I think she's got girl next door beauty.

I thought the girl who got eliminated wasn't really beautiful...
but, that's just me.

I love the show!!!!!

www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
Your fingernails reflect your health --
Learn what warning signs to look for --
Karen Kline

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-16-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
His name was Brad - the one that hooked up with the annoying blonde "Life-size Barbie model" from last week.

I think it was herpes on his lip.

06-16-05, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Looked like herpes to me too! That's what a cold sore is!

Wonder if he got it from the blonde?

A J Slice original ©2004

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-16-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Watched it for the first time last night, and yeah, I really like it too. There are a couple of pretty sexy geeks, IMO. The guy who lost last night was very cute.

I like the competitions. It's fun to see how each group performs when they have to do something that is so foreign to them.

Moves courtesy of Syren

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I think getting bathing suits that would look good is a really tough challenge, even when you're picking out your own. We all know our own size but most of us still have to try on tons until one really fits well. So getting ones to fit well for the girls was not easy. Scarlet did look great in both her suit and evening dress. I agreed with Caitilin, who I really like, that the judges were way too harsh. It was as if they'd forgotten who these guys were and what the aims of the show are.
I also wonder if it would have been possible for the two teams who picked who to send to the elimination room to have picked the same team. This was the first time that two different teams chose. We didn't see them conferring on who they would send so it seems they could have picked the same team. I wonder what would have happened then- if they'd have been given a chance to go out and confer again.
It was interesting that one team chose Richard (who's really getting annoying) because they felt he was incapable of change and the other team saved him because they felt he needed to stay there longer.

06-16-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
LOL, you're right about picking out bathing suits! I agree Scarlet did look the best, plus she went out there with confidence and had a good time which made a difference, IMO.

I don't think they could pick the same team because two teams have to compete against each other in the elimination room.

A J Slice original ©2004

06-16-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I guess I should clarify what I meant. Could they have gone into the hallway with that amazing staircase, each having decided on a team, only to find out it's the same team and then the second team would have to re-confer, or do the producers allow the two teams to confer with each other before they give their decision.

Nutz, Scarlet did really seem to have a lot of confidence. She had all the model moves down pat. I wonder if she's done any modeling.

I was so disappointed with Richard last night. Last week, my favorite moment was the one between him and Chuck. Chuck was obviously disappointed, too. I think he'd hope to have a positive impact on Richard but Richard does seem to have so little confidence in himself that even when he's asked to tone it down, he can't. It's really pretty sad to watch.

06-17-05, 08:33 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Oh, silly me! Thanks for clarifying!

I guess, in that case, as a team you have to decide ahead of time who your second choice would be in case the first team chooses the one you would've picked. Just guessing. I mean, all of the teams are there when the others are chosen, so it's not a secret once they are in the entryway, they could be discussing that ahead of time though (between the two teams).

Won't it be interesting to see what happens when they're down to only three teams? They are going to have to change the format somehow, unless one team wins both picks.

A J Slice original ©2004

06-17-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Sillier me! You're right. If every team is told to choose a first and second, there's no problem. I didn't think of that. It will be interesting to see what happens when there are only three teams. It might be fun if they reshuffled the teams since that could show that the guys have grown and can now go outside their comfort zone by having to work together with someone new. I know that Chuck (whose nose hasn't bled in weeks ) and Scarlet would love that!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Trivia Game"
There's a fun trivia series on the B&G website:

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/GenericShow/0,11116,228773,00.html

Scroll down to the bottom. It's on the bottom-right side of your screen.

I only missed 4 overall (*pats self on back*). The massage one was the most foreign to me, but I made a lot of good guesses.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-17-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
One thing I liked seeing was how supportive the girls were with the guys clothing choices, even if they knew things wouldn't fit or were not exactly "beautiful".

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-17-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Caught this one for the first time last night.

Two things:

1) What's with the wide eyed, "AHA!" experience - that even geeks can be nice, interesting people? What planet have these idiot women been living on? It's not as if they're all that gorgeous. The cutaways are hilarious.

2) Richard.Must.Go. There's a difference between being a geek and being purely annoying. Richard is the latter. Even when people are giving him some "getting along" tips, he refuses to comply. Supremely annoying + Being an egomaniac = A$$

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I agree with your assessment of Richard, chatt. Everytime I see him, I think Jerry Lewis at his lowest level.

Ham and eggs - a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime committment for a pig.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-20-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Richard must stay"
Ill be the only one who supports this idea, however here are my reasons why: A) two of the dudes are just barely there boring and the other one is a judgemental prick.
B) Chuck needs to grow a pair. The only reason why he didn't go after richard last week is because caitlan didn't say that he could. besides hes no more annoying than the rest of these people
C) With rich gone this show would get boring really quick.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Richard must stay"
<With rich gone this show would get boring really quick

It's not exactly scintillating with Rich, either. The vapidness of the women is truly stunning.

I tuned in for one week but don't really care if I happen to catch it again or not.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

06-20-05, 06:43 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Richard must stay"
With rich gone this show would get boring really quick

This happens all the time over on other forums as well. As the old saying goes...you can't please every body. These discussions take place about almost every reality show forum. Even though I say that Richard must go...I agree with you that it would be more boring without him. Don't make me like him any better though!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-22-05, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Richard must stay"
You have company in this opinion -- I want Richard to stay, too!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-22-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
i don't know what episode I saw tonight(This epsiode involved a quiz at the end, presumably most of them do), I didn't see all the show, and my comments have probably already been made by others, but here goes:

1. No matter how many dating tips these guys memorize, they are still geeks.

2. Not all the guys are totally geeky, and not all the girls are totally airheads.

3. The blonde girl taking the quiz tonight was very hot, but very much an airhead. The brunette was actually pretty smart, but not in the league, looks wise, of the blonde.

4. If tonight's show was indicative of the rest of the series, I think the winner will be determined based more upon which girl can learn more stuff, rather than from which geek will acclimate the best.

06-23-05, 07:11 AM (EST)
26. "It was episode 4"
... so you're the first to make comments. Your assessment is very good, I agree.

OMG! We are still stuck with Richard! Could he become any more annoying?!? Arrrr...

A J Slice original ©2004

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: It was episode 4"
I can honestly say, with all the reality tv that I watch, I have never wanted to murder a contestant the way I want to with Richard. Maybe Johnny Fairplay...ahhh, nope, I'll stick with offing Richard. Exasperating little tard that he is. I've never seen anyone so socially dysfunctional.

Oh and I thought Bill looked great. You could actually see his confidence level skyrocket. Good for him.

06-23-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
35. "RE: It was episode 4"
Bill did look great! I thought Chuck looked pretty good as well! Richard looked the same (minus the big pocket pants)! I? would help you murder him!

A J Slice original ©2004

06-23-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
28. "RE: It was episode 4"
I wasn't home and missed the episode. Could someone please tell me who got the boot?

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-23-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: It was episode 4"
The annoying blond with horrible highlights (the one who always has some b*tchy comment about the geeks) - Lauren, and her partner Bill (who was totally hot after his makeover).

Dude, if you had a miss an episode, this was not the one to miss. All of the guys (aside form Richard but he doesn't count) were prety hot post-makeover! - Bill looked like a completely different person! They had to solicit phone numbers from strangers for the challenge...Chuck was funny - he ended up coming up with this gay filmmaker persona and he'd ask girls for numbers in reference to some film (asking for interviews). A few of the girls said something to the effect of "what a great way to pick up girls", at which point he'd chuckle and say something like "well, between you and me, I'm not really all that interested in girls, IYKWIM" LMAO. Richard was his usual desperate attention-seeking self.

Shawn and Scarlet are by far my favorite couple. Well, really Scarlet and Chuck are my favorite 'couple'. Scarlet is a sweet gal - you can tell that she didn't need to learn howt obe compassionate like some of these other gals. I can't stand the blond who went home (good riddance) and Richard needs to leave NOW. I feel so bad for Mindi (well for everyone in the house really) for having to put up with his anoying a$$.

Got blog?

06-23-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
30. "RE: It was episode 4"
Thanks for the info! I just checked my TV Guide and they are replaying the episode tonight at 9pm. I can't wait to see it

Handcrafted by RollDdice

06-23-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
34. "RE: It was episode 4"
I can't stand the blond who went home (good riddance) and Richard needs to leave NOW.

I know!!! I totally agree! I was glad that either her or Richard were definitely going to be gone last night! Although, I think I would've preferred to put up with her for another week over Richard. If he wins this thing, I will just puke! I can't stand him!

A J Slice original ©2004

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-23-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: It was episode 4"
I'm in the "lets kill Richard" camp. He will never ever be with a woman because he is not willing to learn from this experience. He simply does not seem to care. When his date for dinner tried repeatedly to give him tips, he ignored her. I almost feel sorry for him, but then he does another obnoxious act and I just want him gone!

A totally rockin' RollDdice design

06-23-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Last night, as much as I like Mindi, I was hoping she'd get the answers wrong because Richard is, by far, one of the most clueless people that I've ever seen. Chuck speaks for all of us when he said that nothing gets through to Richard. The first week, Richard seemed the biggest geek but that was the theme of the show, so he got the benefit of the doubt. Now, it's not funny or entertaining, it's just too much. For Richard to think that his only problem in the house was with Chuck just shows how totally he's out of it.
They're having a reunion show and as much as I hate the thought of seeing Richard for yet another week, I'll be curious to see what he has to say for himself. I don't think this was a case of editing. No producer could have thought up that scarf and cigarette last night. Richard, unfortunately, is what he is.
But what will be most interesting to hear is the others' views of him because Mindi has been so kind and restrained with him. I can't believe she hasn't complained a lot about him (but that may be editing).
I wish they could do some kind of an outcast return and bring back one of the sweet guys who got eliminated earlier and bring Mindi out of her misery. Did I say I don't like Richard!

06-23-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
After I posted, I realized that what I really object to is all the focus on Richard is taking away from all the others and how great the guys looked last night, how excited all the women were to see the guys, how nice the women are with each other, and how cute Scarlet and Chuck are. It'd be nice to find out they're still together at the reunion show. It was surprising last night how many women did give out their phone numbers. I thought most women nowadays get the man's number.
This show has so much potential, I'm looking forward to the next edition.

06-23-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
Yeah, I don't like Richard either. He acts like an obnoxious 8-year-old. All he wants is attention and he's getting it, unfortunately.

Moves courtesy of Syren

06-23-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
The only person with any real problems with richard is Chuck. This says more about chuck than it does richard.

GumbyGirl 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-23-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GumbyGirl Click to send private message to GumbyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
RealityMom has a good point... too bad we can't mix and match the couples somehow. Mindi is sweet and seems fairly bright (or at least a quick learner), but Richard absolutely refuses to take any advice and try to be more socially acceptable (or rather, less "geeky".) If there was a way (like in Survivor!) to bring back some of the booted folks and swap them in, that would be awesome.

It was fun seeing Chuck and Bill getting their mojo on and getting all those phone numbers! I used to hang out in CityWalk all the time so it was fun seeing the fountains and stuff. I don't think I would have given my number to a guy holding a pad that had 10 other women's numbers on it. I hope those ladies aren't disappointed when their geek doesn't call!

06-23-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Beauty And The Geek Episode 3"
I agree with you, GumbyGirl. Mindi is really sweet and has incredible patience to put up with Richard's shenanigans.
If I remember correctly, she did really well during the elimination round the first time, too. I hope she comes out of this with more respect for her own intelligence. Certainly, she must be getting a lot of support from her friends and family as they watch the show together. I wonder if any of the women who gave out their phone numbers have watched the show? It'd be fun if some of them are in the audience at the Reunion show. I'd love to hear their reactions.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Richard"
My husband hates Richard as well and is convinced that he's a "plant" to make the show more talk-worthy.

I disagree. First of all, I've loved him from day one and I think he has the most chance for a change since he's the one who's really at the "geek" end of the spectrum.

My husband doesn't believe there are any people in the world that really act like that, therefore he must be an actor.

Again, I disagree! I KNOW someone who is exactly like Richard! He was a friend of mine from church and I haven't seen him in probably 10 years, however, as of the last time I saw him (we were both around 23) and my best friend who still see's him to this day can attest, he is JUST LIKE RICHARD! Only a couple of us were friends of his because most people couldn't handle being in the same room with him for long but he was very embaressing.

Regardless, I think Chuck is a jerk! I don't like him and think he needs to go home now! (as someone else said, Chuck's the only one who has a problem with Richard.) The guy who was wearing a white shirt during the make-overs was the one I think who changed the most. Why in the world didn't Mindi do something with Richard's hair??? I don't understand why she wouldn't change the way he looked. Very odd...

Oh well, I guess I'm the only one rooting for poor old Richard to win this thing! I think the best part of this episode was that he kept asking all the girls to dinner too late! That was priceless!

No matter what the masses say, I LOVE YA RICHARD!

--Donna :~)

06-24-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Richard"
I like Chuck. I like that he tried to reach out to Richard a few weeks ago. I think he wanted to give Richard the benefit of the doubt but when Richard seemed incapable of change, Chuck just had enough. I can only hope that Richard wants to be a stand-up comic and this is his persona. In that event, maybe at the Reunion Show, he'll turn around to Ashton and say "Punked"!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Richard"
I'm with you, Mom. I really like Chuck and think he is making slow and steady progress. I think his biggest hurdle is going to be getting over being SO serious and analytical about everything. Obviously, the makings of a great future M.D., but he needs to have a little more fun.

I don't blame Chuck for becoming fed up with Richard. He tried in the beginning to help him and didn't put him up for elimination that one time to give Rich and chance to become HUMAN. Richard seems to live off of irritating the hell out of everyone and apparently thinks he is funny.

I felt really sorry for Lauren when she had to have dinner with Richard. I think I would have walked away because of his DISGUSTING table manners. I think Richard is doing this on purpose. I would hope his mother taught him better than that.

Last comment, I am rooting for Chuck in his pursuit of Scarlett, but the only way he will have success, IMHO, is if he lightens up more. Scarlett commented repeatedly about his droll choices for conversation. I wish she would have spoken to Chuck about it, so he can learn how to relate with his "date" better.

06-27-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Richard"
Yeah, these boys definitely need lessons in how to carry on a conversation. Psssst, guys, never forget that it's ALWAYS about her.....ALWAYS.

Moves courtesy of Syren

tbonex 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-30-05, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tbonex Click to send private message to tbonex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Richard"
FYI -

Richard IS a plant...kudos to your husband...

Check it out...

http://www.oxrockproductions.com/sanitationengineering.htm

06-30-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Richard"
How does that prove he's a plant?

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-04-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Richard"
Ladro's Law:

During every "con" show (Joe Schmoe, MBFOF, MBFOB etc...), and some conventional reality shows, some people will come up with what they think is a unique and profound idea that one or more contestants is a plant/actor. They will become convinced that their idea is so unique and profound that it must be right. They will consequently see every aspect of the show as proof that their unique and profound idea is right.

07-05-05, 01:38 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Richard"
Brilliant law. I think you can include any show outside of the big 5 in in your law.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Richard"
I was watching a new episode of Punk'd, and Richard was used as one of the actors. Ashton called him, "My friend Richard Ruben." I started wondering if he is an actor set there to over dramatize the show. Now I see that he is an actor. But I actually think that he is being who he is, and he just happens to ne an actor. He actually reminds me of some of the guys in drama club with me many years ago. And, yes, there are actually people like that - they are the ultimate DAWs (probably to compensate for their insecurities about their inability to relate on a "normal" social level - I'll stop - I'm starting to sound like Chuck!)

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-05-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Richard"
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-05 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

Considering that Ashton is one of the producers on Beauty and the Geek, I think it's now evident that Richard was there to act up for the camera.

Funny thing is, one of the other actors on the new season of Punk'd (Rose Hyland) was on an episode of Dog Eat Dog previously.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-05-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Richard"
>>Considering that Ashton is one of the producers on Beauty and the Geek, I think it's now evident that Richard was there to act up for the camera.<<

Nah. Only in the way that every reality show contestant is chosen in the hopes that they'll make good tv.

From the link provided above, it appears that Richard's "acting career" consists of student & hobby films and community theater. Good for him...but it doesn't make him a "plant."

It's been evident for decades (ever hear of "Queen for a Day"?) that the world is full of DAWs that are eager to make themselves look like idiots just to get on TV. Why would any producer PAY an actual actor to do it when you only have to hold an audition/interview?

I've no idea when B&TG was taped, but my first assumption on hearing Richard appeared on Punk'd is that Ashton liked Richard on B&TG, then asked him to do Punk'd.

07-05-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Richard"
I agree with you that nothing posted so far proves that Richard is/was a plant. All the peeps on these reality shows are nothing more than DAWs at the greatest level and will do anything to get any type of pub.

I don't think it matters which show was taped first...I could see where Ashton would use Richard in both shows because he sort of fits in well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •